My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='fly4rabbi']I think I jumped on the MCR bandwagon too late. I only joined because I want the gaming chair.(3900 pts) I have only been collecting for at the most 2 wks and have a meager 120pts. I collect my caps from my college recycle bins. Does anyone have any other Ideas for getting caps for a person who never buys soda.[/quote]

Recycling bins.

My friends parents get them for me. My dad goes to a smaller church and some how he brought up I was collecting them. Now every sunday he comes by with a bag of coke rewards for me.

I'm in a bit of a predicament here. I have a 24-pack of Dasani with *most* of the 20-point code. However, the package was messed up somehow, and the code is split in two. The first 9 digits are on one piece, but there are only 2 digits on the other piece. I tried entering every single number and letter for the unknown digit, and every one of them came up as invalid (took me 2 different days to do it since there's a 20 invalid code limit per day). You can also tell that the package is messed up, because half of the bar code on the bottom faces one way, and the other half (which is about 1 in. - 1.5 in. away) faces the other direction.

What should I do? If I called or e-mailed MCR and explained this, do you think they would just give me the 20 points?

This weekend was the start of the baseball/softball seaon for a lot of the parks in my area so I hit 2 parks near me tonight and came away with 44 caps (and 1 Pepsi cap:)). Once all the leagues get going and it starts getting warmer this number should only go up. Come on, BB gift cards!

[quote name='neocisco']This weekend was the start of the baseball/softball seaon for a lot of the parks in my area so I hit 2 parks near me tonight and came away with 44 caps (and 1 Pepsi cap:)). Once all the leagues get going and it starts getting warmer this number should only go up. Come on, BB gift cards![/quote]

Great Idea I will be doing this too. I am collecting the pepsi points too. but the prizes are not anything I would want. Will just take a few dvd's if i get enough points.

If you want to burn some extra points, it looks like they are giving away one Wii every hour from 3/11 to 3/28. I hate sweepstakes, but your chances would hopefully be better in one hour than they would for those long-lasting ones.

Update: I was wrong, there are 432 Wiis, but there is not a drawing every hour. The drawing will take place on 4/14. Sorry to get any hopes up!

I was looking on the MCR site and did not see the official end date. Does anyone know?? I am curious because for me to get the game chair I would have to enter 10 caps per day for 4 months.

Also is there anyone who is willing to trade their codes from 12 and 24 packs. I will trade equal amount of points.

[quote name='fly4rabbi']I was looking on the MCR site and did not see the official end date. Does anyone know?? I am curious because for me to get the game chair I would have to enter 10 caps per day for 4 months.

Also is there anyone who is willing to trade their codes from 12 and 24 packs. I will trade equal amount of points.[/quote]
i think it ends at end of year.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not sure if it was mentioned, but Target has 12 packs 4 for $10 this week.[/quote]

I didn't see that. I didn't post any prices on Sunday because all of the stores I saw were selling them 4 for $11 which seems to be the standard price.

How does the enter 8 powerade codes or enter 8 flavored dasani codes get one free work. I have entered I think that many for each. Does a think come up that you redeem or do they send an email? Also w/ powerade is it only the bigger ones that say "enter 8 codes" or the smaller ones from vending machines do those codes work?

[quote name='sp00ge']Not sure if it was mentioned, but Target has 12 packs 4 for $10 this week.[/quote]They're 4 for 11 in Atlanta.

[quote name='bignooby18']:D:Dyeah hey im new on my coke rewards and i was wondering if anybodycolud send a few codes down my way to start me off
im trying to get a cool b-day preseent form my bro
my emails [email protected]
thanks![/quote]

You're a brand new member and your decide to make your very first post to beg for people to give you something that they plan on using themselves. Not very smart (to say the least) and it definitely doesn't ingratiate you to anyone.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not sure if it was mentioned, but Target has 12 packs 4 for $10 this week.[/QUOTE]

4 for $11 (plus deposit of course) here as well... You must live in a more economically depressed than usual area ;).

Anyway, I picked up 10 12-packs today as I was down to 3 individual cans and had to drink it sparingly the last couple of days. I had a massive Coke withdrawal headache yesterday :cry:.

While the program may nominally be set to expire at the end of the year, with Pepsi firing up their own program I'm sure Coke will keep it around more than just this year. It has always been my fear that they won't though, and they will just let the prizes dry up. This always makes me redeem lots of points for game and movie rentals. Then, of course, just after I do this the gift cards come back. I've missed out on at least $150 in GC's because of this. So I'm trying to keep enough around for at least 3 sets now but will probably start redeeming anything beyond that.

A side note: I found 2 Coke Rewards coupons for movie rentals that expired Feb 11th and just used them last week - they scanned no problem at Blockbuster. That was nice as I thought I had wasted over 100 points by forgetting about them. YMMV on the cashier accepting them, but he just glanced at at (and I was going to act like I thought the 2/11/08 said 3/11/08 if he gave me trouble ;))

I have 3-4 game rentals that expire in June - I should think about what to rent with those. The problem is I end up buying so many games cheap that I would otherwise rent for free (for example this week I got Spiderman FoF and Bee Movie cheap at Target). I think maybe I'll rent Bully though - but I guess I need to wait for the patch first...

[quote name='io']I'm not sure what you consider "worthwhile" or not but certainly for that much you aren't getting much in the way of merchandise. But the Blockbuster movie and game rentals are a great deal for how few points they require. I think I'll stop saving up my points for gift cards and spend some on the rentals before those disappear for good too (though they have always come back). I'm over 2000 points now BTW ;).[/quote]

True, but I don't use block buster (the ones in my area are nasty.)

2 Questions for you MCR pro's.

1) Say you wanted to use up eight codes and get a free drink, how does it work? Do they just email you some kind of certificate for a 20 oz?

2) I like the possibility of using all my 200+ points now for some of those contests, particularly the Wii ones. Any chance or am I just throwing away all my points?

[quote name='fly4rabbi']How does the enter 8 powerade codes or enter 8 flavored dasani codes get one free work. I have entered I think that many for each. Does a think come up that you redeem or do they send an email? Also w/ powerade is it only the bigger ones that say "enter 8 codes" or the smaller ones from vending machines do those codes work?[/QUOTE]

8 caps = 24 points = a free coupon for a Powerade.

8 caps = 24 points = a free coupon for a Dasani.

[quote name='rywateska']8 caps = 24 points = a free coupon for a Powerade.

8 caps = 24 points = a free coupon for a Dasani.[/quote]

How do you get the coupon? do they email you or does it just show up on the MCR home page?
or do you have to redeem the points for the free drink?

Anyone else notice the site is down right now? (12:30 AM PT) Perhaps new prizes...? These thousand points are burning a hole in my account blus I have another 300 points worth to enter. >_>

[quote name='fly4rabbi']How do you get the coupon? do they email you or does it just show up on the MCR home page?
or do you have to redeem the points for the free drink?[/QUOTE]

Redeem for a mailed coupon.

Rite Aid
2 liter varied flavors 4 for $5

CVS
12 pk. selected varieties 2 for $5

Walgreen's
12 pk. varied flavors 5 for $11 w/coupon

I went cap hunting at the ball parks again tonight and found 38 caps plus a 10 point code. I strongly recommend checking your local ball parks on Sunday nights. Make sure there is a concession stand.

[quote name='neocisco']I went cap hunting at the ball parks again tonight and found 38 caps plus a 10 point code. I strongly recommend checking your local ball parks on Sunday nights. Make sure there is a concession stand.[/quote]

Where do you live for the ball season to start already? Here in Green Bay we are still waiting for the 70+ inches of snow we got to melt. Ball season is still aways off. lol I check my colleges recycle bins usually get 15-30 coke caps a day. Have enough stashed away to get me through spring break this week and after that I can get enough to trade for higher point codes

Thanks to everyone who's posted information on MCR here. I missed out on all the past freebie codes and double points and such, but still you've had a ton of great information. Thanks!

[quote name='finsfan0210']we really need a thread to trade our coke/pepsi codes. I've got 20 coke codes that i could put up if someone was interested.[/quote]
I agree, I have a ton of points that I want to trade.

[quote name='neocisco']I went cap hunting at the ball parks again tonight and found 38 caps plus a 10 point code. I strongly recommend checking your local ball parks on Sunday nights. Make sure there is a concession stand.[/quote]

Awesome to know that I'm not the only one who goes cap-hunting. My usual territory is the local hospital; the cafeteria is loaded with Coke machines and no one really cares if you swipe an empty bottle from an abandoned table for the cap or poke around the bins. :D

This is crazy! I went again tonight and found nearly 80! I'm probably going to start trading some for Pepsi caps. I probably won't have to pay for another DVD rental for a long, long time. I was going to start a Netflix subscription soon but that can wait now.

[quote name='crunchberries']Awesome to know that I'm not the only one who goes cap-hunting. My usual territory is the local hospital; the cafeteria is loaded with Coke machines and no one really cares if you swipe an empty bottle from an abandoned table for the cap or poke around the bins. :D[/quote]

good Idea I have 2 hospitals right next to each other about 7 minutes away. Only problem is I can't go to one w/ my fiancee cuz she works there

At Walgreens this week, Coke 12-packs are 5 for $11 with coupon (the coupon is on the front page of their weekly ad, which can be found at the entrance of every store"

Without coupon, it's 4 for $11.

[quote name='sp00ge']damn the lack of Walgreens around here!![/quote]

Lack of Walgreens?! We have one on almost every other corner. Not really but they are every where and they just keep building them.

[quote name='fly4rabbi']Lack of Walgreens?! We have one on almost every other corner. Not really but they are every where and they just keep building them.[/quote]

Yeah, we have a ton of Rite-Aid, Eckerd and other pharmacies, but no CVS or Walgreens within 40 miles of here.

[quote name='sp00ge']damn the lack of Walgreens around here!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, well don't feel too bad, we went to our local Walgreens and they were completely devoid of any qualifying Coke products that we had any interest in purchasing (all the Diet stuff was long gone - only had sugary Sprite left).

Though as fly4rabbi says they are on just about every corner (only 1 in my town though as it pretty much only has 1 corner ;)). If I make it more into the metro area I can hit up tons of them to see if there have been any restocks.

[quote name='fly4rabbi']Lack of Walgreens?! We have one on almost every other corner. Not really but they are every where and they just keep building them.[/quote]

they just leveled half a block to build a walgreens here. it was an old gas station, a oil change place, a donut shop and a building that was half restaurant, half video store. funny thing is, about a month ago they leveled a car repair place, restaurant and bar right directly across the street to build a CVS. i guess we can kiss those little local pharmacies goodbye

[quote name='ritchardf']they just leveled half a block to build a walgreens here. it was an old gas station, a oil change place, a donut shop and a building that was half restaurant, half video store. funny thing is, about a month ago they leveled a car repair place, restaurant and bar right directly across the street to build a CVS. i guess we can kiss those little local pharmacies goodbye[/quote]

Here in KC it seems like anytime a CVS pops up a Walgreen's goes in across the street. Same with Lowe's & Home Depot.

We made our third trip to the local Walgreens and still no Diet Coke (still have that tower of regular Coke - when will they learn? :lol:).

They told me they will be getting more tomorrow though.

So as a stop-gap measure I went to Safeway where they have a Buy 2 Get 2 free on Coke (and Pepsi) products. Both were $5.69 per 12-pack. Any time they come out to under $3 per 12-pack I'll buy so I picked up 4. If Walgreens fails to come through tomorrow I'll stop by Safeway again.

You'd think with as much as they're promoting Coke Zero and the Coke Rewards site during the NCAA tournament they would add some decent prizes. If people prizes they want they might be inclined to buy more Coke to get the points they need.

I am holding out since it goes on until at least the end of this year. I might cash in for a bazillion free game rentals if not. Besides my family and friends drink a ton of coke products and my wife has been buying the cokes ofr here work cooler at Costco for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

CVS
12 pk. selected varieties 3 for $10

Ingles
12 pk. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite 4 for $11

Kroger
12 pk. or 8 pk. of 12 oz. bottles 3 for $7

bread's done
Back