My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

I've heard that if you just select "Sprite" after entering the code, you will give you the double points, regardless of the drink the code came from. I'm not too sure how it works though, because I have not tried it myself yet..

Just curious, since no one answered it last time. Do you guys hoard all your codes and flaps until these types of double promotions or just use them as you get them to cap out on the week? Seems to make more sense to just cap the week right?

Just curious, since no one answered it last time. Do you guys hoard all your codes and flaps until these types of double promotions or just use them as you get them to cap out on the week? Seems to make more sense to just cap the week right?
i keep them until double points but if i have to many caps flaps ill use some

I used to be very organized about it, but since The Change That Screwed Everything Up, I've just been entering points as I get them.  Please understand:  I'm honestly checking out at the end of this year.  As many points as I can will be cashed in for free Coke 12-packs, and then whatever $25 or $50 gift cards they're offering that I can use and obtain.  After that, I'm simply going to be adding just enough points to keep my accounts alive/active, so that I can get the free Coke 12-packs at the end of the year.  No more collecting codes/points/flaps/caps, no more watching for doubling, no more wondering about flash deals...it's just not worth it anymore.

It wouldn't really be worth it this year, either, but I had about 3000 points left over from last year when they didn't do an unlimited free 12-pack coupon thing this past year's end.  That kind of screwed me up, and *definitely* left me disappointed.

No, after this year, I'll just be on the fringe, just to get free Coke, and that's it.  Perhaps that's what they want, but to me, it feels like they've just gutted a program that was a very nice goodwill program from them, and left a dirty shell in its place.

Time to cash my points in at the end of the year.

I thank you guys for all your answers. :) It was much appreciated. I really feel like I shouldn't hoard them anymore and I just use them. I have A TON OF FLAPS/CAPS and I'm just so sick..of looking at them. Lol.

But thank you guys for your answers. :)

I thank you guys for all your answers. :) It was much appreciated. I really feel like I shouldn't hoard them anymore and I just use them. I have A TON OF FLAPS/CAPS and I'm just so sick..of looking at them. Lol.

But thank you guys for your answers. :)

Just a word of advice to you and anyone new.... Dont put the codes into a text file on your computer and throw the caps out. Lost a ton of codes when the computer crashed :/

Just a word of advice to you and anyone new.... Dont put the codes into a text file on your computer and throw the caps out. Lost a ton of codes when the computer crashed :/
Unless, you know, they come up with some kind of technology that allows you to print out such a thing and cross them off as you go. ;)

Seriously, I get what you're saying, and you're right to sound the alarm, but caps and flaps pile up, and converting them to spreadsheets (and printing them out for safety/backup reasons), is a good way to organize things and make them easy-to-use.

Unless, you know, they come up with some kind of technology that allows you to print out such a thing and cross them off as you go. ;)

Seriously, I get what you're saying, and you're right to sound the alarm, but caps and flaps pile up, and converting them to spreadsheets (and printing them out for safety/backup reasons), is a good way to organize things and make them easy-to-use.
This is true but hell you know how things go lol my fault but also another reason is I had some that would come up invalid because I'd type one wrong letter. What I've done now is buy a small 3 compartment organizer to put them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there ever any double point promotions for Coke products? I have a bunch of red caps and I do not know if I should cap the week now or save them for double points...

This is true but hell you know how things go lol my fault but also another reason is I had some that would come up invalid because I'd type one wrong letter. What I've done now is buy a small 3 compartment organizer to put them in.
I've flirted with digitizing all my codes, but then I remember that this will definitely happen to me. So for now I have a tupperware box that is overflowing with caps/flaps.

No, after this year, I'll just be on the fringe, just to get free Coke, and that's it. Perhaps that's what they want, but to me, it feels like they've just gutted a program that was a very nice goodwill program from them, and left a dirty shell in its place.

Time to cash my points in at the end of the year.
I hear you. Now I'm getting emails saying I need to do one stupid social media thing every 30 days or get my status bumped back a level!? I guess now I need to stay on top of that and do a bogus fake Twitter thing every month (on 3 accounts). It is getting really irritating.

I just cashed some points out for 2 Amazon $10 gift cards. It seemed like a lot of points for those, but I figure I better get something while I can. Though the free movie tickets earlier this summer were a nice surprise. Those saved me quite a bit of money.

Haha appreciate the advice, but yeah. Same with me and the aforementioned posts. I've been doing coke rewards for a couple years now, and I never once thought to convert them but rather just keep them in a pile on my desk. Hence...my irritation. >_>

I did think of doing that slowly one day, and just make sure the letters were right. Then upload them to my google drive/dropbox. Didn't think to print it out. May end up doing that little-by-little each day..

Has anyone been able to use the Hollywood movie money certs(from the Minute Maid promo) to buy theater giftcards on any of the big theater sites? I seemed to remember someone doing it before, but I can't find the post.

Has anyone been able to use the Hollywood movie money certs(from the Minute Maid promo) to buy theater giftcards on any of the big theater sites? I seemed to remember someone doing it before, but I can't find the post.
I was able to do so in the past, but those right there are the operative words: IN THE PAST.

I'm not able to do so anymore, at any theater. They seem to have really, *really* changed the way these things are used, and there's no more wiggle room any more. No Amazon redemption, no theater gift cards, none of that. Use 'em for a movie (and possibly concessions, too), or lose 'em. That's been my experience over the last year. The days of using them for anything else seem to have gone bye-bye. YMMV, but for me, the faucet's been turned off.

Ok thanks. I wonder if I could get the theater to ring up a $13 GC and then use that to buy my ticket? Since the ticket is only $6.75

Ok thanks. I wonder if I could get the theater to ring up a $13 GC and then use that to buy my ticket? Since the ticket is only $6.75
I doubt it. I work at a theater and remember most of these promo things talk about being valid for tickets only and no change to be given (which giving the full amount on a gift card kind of is). What you can do, however, is just buy two tickets. Most places will allow you to apply the full amount to an entire order or tickets.

I doubt it. I work at a theater and remember most of these promo things talk about being valid for tickets only and no change to be given (which giving the full amount on a gift card kind of is). What you can do, however, is just buy two tickets. Most places will allow you to apply the full amount to an entire order or tickets.
Wow, I wish I had known that. I just assumed they were one coupon = one ticket, no matter the price (which is kind of what it says at the top). I blew three of them on me and my 2 kids seeing a matinee at a cheap local theater. I think the tickets for them were only $6 or so. It took so long for them to process them, though, that they just sent us into the theater while they still worked on each one.

Then I went to the expensive theater to see another movie and they told me at first I'd owe $3 for each ticket since they only cover part of the cost. But then they didn't ask for any money at the end ;).

Wow, I wish I had known that. I just assumed they were one coupon = one ticket, no matter the price (which is kind of what it says at the top). I blew three of them on me and my 2 kids seeing a matinee at a cheap local theater. I think the tickets for them were only $6 or so. It took so long for them to process them, though, that they just sent us into the theater while they still worked on each one.

Then I went to the expensive theater to see another movie and they told me at first I'd owe $3 for each ticket since they only cover part of the cost. But then they didn't ask for any money at the end ;).
Some movie promos are considered checks while others are like credit cards (if it took a while, it was probably a card.) The cashier has to put in the correct amount to pay (i.e. $13) and then all the numbers and expiration date. Putting in too much or the incorrect numbers makes for a long transaction. It then just subtracts whatever the value from the total. Maybe other theaters do it differently, but I can't imagine how they'd figure out if it actually had value without plugging in the numbers.

I never saw what these Minute Maid promos looked like because I obviously had no need for them, but they should be just like all the other movie cash and such, I'd assume.

I'm heartbroken.  I had 9 of the Minute Maid codes to redeem.  I wasn't in any rush since they were good until 9/30. What I didn't realize is that the codes themselves had to be redeemed by 7/31 and the tickets were good until 9/30.  That's $117 worth of movie tickets right down the drain.

I'm heartbroken. I had 9 of the Minute Maid codes to redeem. I wasn't in any rush since they were good until 9/30. What I didn't realize is that the codes themselves had to be redeemed by 7/31 and the tickets were good until 9/30. That's $117 worth of movie tickets right down the drain.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

Hey guys, its been a while, but its time for another code giveaway, any repeat users that got it the first time are welcome again, lol. As usual, like and PM for a code (1 MCR cap code per user only). I think I got about 15 cap codes, so yeah. And there will be a little trivia or something here where the winner will get a 10 point flap code. Dunno what it will be, but I'll think of something, lol.

It starts...now! X3

---

Update: Just to let you know guys, don't reply with just "Thanks", cause that'll get me confused if I did give it away or nor, just say something like, "Can I have a code" or something similar to that. Also, those that liked this post and didn't PM, you wont get a code if you didn't do both, them's the breaks. (Have about 6 cap codes left as of this edited post.)

Yeah, no problem...anyways, that's all of the cap codes, now its time to give out the 10 point flap code. First person that gets it right and fast will get it. Now for the question...

In that one episode of SBSP, Squidward tries to get the name of this one fish man whose ID Card is also (unironically) that actual name, does anyone know who this guys is? X3

Yeah, no problem...anyways, that's all of the cap codes, now its time to give out the 10 point flap code. First person that gets it right and fast will get it. Now for the question...

In that one episode of SBSP, Squidward tries to get the name of this one fish man whose ID Card is also (unironically) that actual name, does anyone know who this guys is? X3
PM'd ya with my answer.

And there you go Dark Enforcer, you got it, here's your 10 extra points for answering it correctly! XD

And with that, I am out of MCR codes, tune in next time into this thread when I get more, lol. X3

Oddly, I'd like to know the answer. What is it?
337bcbe32d09216e182e8f61eeb4c6d34b4811fb_full.jpg

I have 3 caps (2 Coke Zero, 1 Coke) that will go to the first person that quotes and can tell me how many more NBA championships the Texas teams combined need to win to catch up to the Celtics franchise.

bread's done
Back