My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

Thanks for the heads up on the BB GCs, all, I would have still just been sitting with my thumb up my ass. In response to io and his GameRush suggestion, is there a GameRush store locator? I can't find one on the Blockbuster website, and there's no result for Game Rush in the yellowpages search for my zipcode.

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Thanks for the heads up on the BB GCs, all, I would have still just been sitting with my thumb up my ass. In response to io and his GameRush suggestion, is there a GameRush store locator? I can't find one on the Blockbuster website, and there's no result for Game Rush in the yellowpages search for my zipcode.[/QUOTE]

Well, I was going to suggest www.gamerush.com but they've actually eliminated that site. The store locator is still at http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/games though (click on Game Rush near the top to get to the GR-specific locator).

Beware as it still shows my local Gamerush that closed over a year ago :cry:. Basically, though, GR stores are only located in the Southeast, Midwest, and Southern California. They are pretty limited compared to Gamecrazy (and certainly compared to Gamestop). Which is why I gave the info about regular Blockbusters and their current game preorder promo.

[quote name='io']Well, I was going to suggest www.gamerush.com but they've actually eliminated that site. The store locator is still at http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/games though (click on Game Rush near the top to get to the GR-specific locator).

Beware as it still shows my local Gamerush that closed over a year ago :cry:. Basically, though, GR stores are only located in the Southeast, Midwest, and Southern California. They are pretty limited compared to Gamecrazy (and certainly compared to Gamestop). Which is why I gave the info about regular Blockbusters and their current game preorder promo.[/quote]

Hah, I must be blind. Thanks; though it's a shame there are none in my area. It'll make my plan of breaking my gift card into like four used games a little more difficult, but oh well.

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Hah, I must be blind. Thanks; though it's a shame there are none in my area. It'll make my plan of breaking my gift card into like four used games a little more difficult, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

They do sell used games at regular stores too. In fact, they just had a decent Buy 1 Get 1 free on used games under $14.99 sale a few weeks back.

The used stock in smaller stores will tend to be almost exclusively former rentals. While this usually means they are scratched to hell, there are exceptions. Most of the stores around here had too many Halo 3's and you could buy them used just before Christmas for $44.99 I think and many of the ones I looked at were mint with complete and spotless cases/manuals (they had never been rented, just opened). I think the same may apply to Bioshock and I've gotten a few other games in pretty good condition there - no worse than Gamestop in any case (just a much smaller selection usually).

Pulled the trigger on the BB gift card. I have only been collecting for about a month and a half so now am down to a little over 800pts. Wouldn't mind different amount gc to be available as I would like to get rockband for the ps3

Ordered the BB card, have been collecting since 2006 but always missed out on anything good. Good think I checked this thread, since I get irritated going on to mycokerewards site and seeing the crappy choices.

I doubt anyone will do this, and I don't think it's against the rules (if it is, just delete this post), but would anyone want to trade codes with me? I'm willing to give 4 cap codes (3 points each, 12 points total), for each 12-pack code (10 points total).

You'll be gaining extra points with every 4 caps, the only reason I really need to-do this, is so I'll be able to get the GC. If I enter all my 3-point codes, it'll take me 8 days to get enough, however, with 10-point codes, it'll only take 3 days - and I have a feeling that the GC's will be all gone before eight days.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I doubt anyone will do this, and I don't think it's against the rules (if it is, just delete this post), but would anyone want to trade codes with me? I'm willing to give 4 cap codes (3 points each, 11 points total), for each 12-pack code (10 points total).
quote]

Fixed below:
[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I doubt anyone will do this, and I don't think it's against the rules (if it is, just delete this post), but would anyone want to trade codes with me? I'm willing to give 4 cap codes (3 points each, 12 points total), for each 12-pack code (10 points total).
quote]

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I doubt anyone will do this, and I don't think it's against the rules (if it is, just delete this post), but would anyone want to trade codes with me? I'm willing to give 4 cap codes (3 points each, 12 points total), for each 12-pack code (10 points total).[/quote]

Yes, it was a typo, not that big of a deal.

Just redeemed for one of the Coca Cola back packs that are 370 points. Looks like a Good Value, I'll let you know if it is worth it when i get it :D

I'm getting the "user cannot reserve any more of this item" message. I didn't realize you were blocked from the BB gift card if you got in on past BB gift cards, I thought they were just keeping it to one per user once they brought it back. I bought some extra soda because I was short points.

[quote name='msdmoney']I'm getting the "user cannot reserve any more of this item" message. I didn't realize you were blocked from the BB gift card if you got in on past BB gift cards, I thought they were just keeping it to one per user once they brought it back. I bought some extra soda because I was short points.[/quote]

Yep both io and myself ran into this problem (and posted about it a little ways back).

That blows u cant get more then one set of BB giftcards, at this point there is nothing else on the site i would even want...maybe its time for individual movie rentals lol

Its cool that they finally brought back something worth getting. I wish you could get more than one set of Blockbuster giftcards per account, but hey it is better than nothing. Hopefully they will bring some games back this summer (or best buy GCs!). After the BB CG, I still have 2700pts!

I just got on the MCR site and it appears to have undergone a slight redesign/enhancement. Seems to be just barely faster when clicking around. A few "limited time" rewards have been introduced (mostly crappy discounts to things). But here's the kicker.... a 'suggest rewards' button on the top right that drops down a menu of commonly requested things people would like to see added as rewards. You can vote for one, once per day.... and 1 Month xbox live is one of the choices! Everyone vote for it, every day! $5 chilis card, $5 iTunes are other choices that would be nice too though.

[quote name='mkernan']I just got on the MCR site and it appears to have undergone a slight redesign/enhancement. Seems to be just barely faster when clicking around. A few "limited time" rewards have been introduced (mostly crappy discounts to things). But here's the kicker.... a 'suggest rewards' button on the top right that drops down a menu of commonly requested things people would like to see added as rewards. You can vote for one, once per day.... and 1 Month xbox live is one of the choices! Everyone vote for it, every day! $5 chilis card, $5 iTunes are other choices that would be nice too though.[/quote] I didn't see the one month of live but they did have 800 Microsoft points as one of the choices.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I didn't see the one month of live but they did have 800 Microsoft points as one of the choices.[/quote]

You have to click it more then once to see other options. The first time I clicked, it came up with nothing good, but the second time, it came up with alot of good stuff.

I wanted to vote for 800 MS points, however, I had to opt-out and vote for 1 month of GameFly.

Gamefly has already been on the site as a reward...... EDIT: I was thinking of Gametap, not Gamefly.... Gamefly would actually be pretty cool too.

Anyway, anything new and gaming related would be awesome so just make sure you all vote for something. MS Points and Live subs would both rock.

[quote name='mkernan']I just got on the MCR site and it appears to have undergone a slight redesign/enhancement. But here's the kicker.... a 'suggest rewards' button on the top right that drops down a menu of commonly requested things people would like to see added as rewards. You can vote for one, once per day.... and 1 Month xbox live is one of the choices! Everyone vote for it, every day! $5 chilis card, $5 iTunes are other choices that would be nice too though.[/quote]

$5 Target card aint bad neither. To be honest its one of the better ones. Id take the 800 MS space bucks happily also.

Any guesses at how much each one of those $5 GCs will go for point wise? I say a 100-150, even though it would be splendid if it was less than that.

Glad the site is faster. I'm tired of downloading that yahoo widget to all my different computers.

Hmmm, a lot of those cards are $5.00, and seeing as how I live in CA, maybe I can just cash them out....

I just suggested they get Amazon gift certificates, the citybank one already got enough votes so far(didn't recall seeing it in several choice refreshes) and that would be where I would cash them out. Plus they stack nicely and wouldn't be too much of a pain to redeem.

Oh well, I'm still hoping the higher valued cards make a comeback...

I chose "other" and entered my own option (current and popular 360/PS3 games, no more of that Open Season crap). All of the options Coke gives are crap, just like their current prizes.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']You have to click it more then once to see other options. The first time I clicked, it came up with nothing good, but the second time, it came up with alot of good stuff.

I wanted to vote for 800 MS points, however, I had to opt-out and vote for 1 month of GameFly.[/quote]

Yes, I had to open and close suggest rewards 7 times with each of my two accounts to get the damn 800 point options to show up.

There was also a $5 BB & CC GC option but with the regular monthly 12%/10% off coupons from BB a $5 GC is worthless to me; Especially if they are going to do them like the Blockbuster cards and limit the number you can redeem.

I might make a few legitimate but still ALT accounts then add 1-2 of the 3 point caps redeem for contests and try and pump up the suggest rewards votes for the MS points. I need my DLC.

You can be darn sure I am going to be voting once a day. Question: Does the MCR "Day" still start at noon instead of at midnight?
I know it did before facilitating the twice a day (2x) 10 code entry on double points day (first before noon and then again after noon).

I voted for the $5 walmart gift card. It's got just north of 6% of the vote, and if I want Microsoft Points I can just go over to walmart and buy some with my gift cards. :p

Damn, site is slow and error-ridden now. It told me it couldn't "process my request" during two log in attempts and now the page won't even load. Is there some awesome reward up there I don't know about? It did this when the Blockbuster gift cards were in stock in December (750 points and no limit) and I haven't seen it behave this way since then. It didn't happen when they came back at 1072 points the other day so I don't think it is because of them.

Edit - Now I'm getting a "scheduled maintainance" message - that's an odd thing to do mid-day... I just hope they come back up soon as I need to enter my 10 codes for today still.

Edit #2 - OK, finally got on. I've gotten my wife's account up to 600 points but I'm pretty much out of codes I had laying around (waiting for a double points day). The Blockbuster card is still there but I've got a lot of work to do to get her account to 1072 ;). Also voted for the Nintendo Wii Shop $5 gift card - I assume that is redeemable for Wii Points? I had to reload 5-6 times to find anything interesting - next best was a $5 CC gift card. People are voting for stupid crap though (Dick's Sporting Good $5 card, for example). Hopefully they implement tons of those things though, and not just the top few.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Just enter the codes using a cell phone. Thats how i do it. Its so much easier. Text the codes to 2563.[/QUOTE]

I have never texted on a cell phone and wouldn't know how. Technology scares me ;). I could use that widget dealie I suppose. I just prefer to be logged in, though, so I can check prizes.

[quote name='io']I have never texted on a cell phone and wouldn't know how. Technology scares me ;). I could use that widget dealie I suppose. I just prefer to be logged in, though, so I can check prizes.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do it if I were you, because if you don't already know if your cellular plan allows free texting you probably have to pay per text message. For me it's 15 cents per message, so it would cost me $1.50 to enter 10 codes. Not to mention, if you typo and enter the wrong code, they send you an incorrect code notification. That's 30 cents down the drain, alone.

Not worth it.

[quote name='ohnoitschris']I wouldn't do it if I were you, because if you don't already know if your cellular plan allows free texting you probably have to pay per text message. For me it's 15 cents per message, so it would cost me $1.50 to enter 10 codes. Not to mention, if you typo and enter the wrong code, they send you an incorrect code notification. That's 30 cents down the drain, alone.

Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to add that I am not just a cheapass gamer but a cheapass everything pretty much - so I never get extra services on my phones (home or cell - never had call waiting or caller ID on home phone or text messaging or web access on cell phone, etc) and know not to try things like that ;). Though I do have a work-issued cell phone that I could probably use. I just have no idea what capabilities it has ;). But since I haven't been trained in the art of texting it seems like it would be very cumbersome - it is easier (for me) to deal with the flash-overload of the site.

[quote name='io']I forgot to add that I am not just a cheapass gamer but a cheapass everything pretty much - so I never get extra services on my phones (home or cell - never had call waiting or caller ID on home phone or text messaging or web access on cell phone, etc) and know not to try things like that ;). Though I do have a work-issued cell phone that I could probably use. I just have no idea what capabilities it has ;). But since I haven't been trained in the art of texting it seems like it would be very cumbersome - it is easier (for me) to deal with the flash-overload of the site.[/quote]

Just get the Yahoo Widget io. A lot easier. I can enter 10 codes in about 30 seconds, but on MCR's website it takes me about 5 minutes to enter just 10.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Just get the Yahoo Widget io. A lot easier. I can enter 10 codes in about 30 seconds, but on MCR's website it takes me about 5 minutes to enter just 10.[/QUOTE]

30 seconds? You must be lucky , what does every code you punch in verify instantly or something? Although I admit the widget is WAY faster than putting in codes on the site , but it isn't 30 seconds fast. Maybe 2 mintues tops for 10 codes compared to 5-10 mintues at the main site.

[quote name='StarKnightX']30 seconds? You must be lucky , what does every code you punch in verify instantly or something? Although I admit the widget is WAY faster than putting in codes on the site , but it isn't 30 seconds fast. Maybe 2 mintues tops for 10 codes compared to 5-10 mintues at the main site.[/quote]

Instead of actually reading hte code off the cap I keep them all in a notepad file. When I need to actually put the codes in I just copy and paste. I would rather not keep a mess of bottle caps around XD.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Instead of actually reading hte code off the cap I keep them all in a notepad file. When I need to actually put the codes in I just copy and paste. I would rather not keep a mess of bottle caps around XD.[/QUOTE]

Ahh , I see , never thought of that. The only thing I'm afraid of if I did that is what happens if I had misread the code the first time? Now I can't go back and double-check it.

800 Xbox live/Zune pt.s is now up to 2.7%, keep at it guys.

Today I had to click the survey 22 times to get the 800 option up. I-Hate-America-Mart came up at least 3 times.

[quote name='io']I forgot to add that I am not just a cheapass gamer but a cheapass everything pretty much - so I never get extra services on my phones (home or cell - never had call waiting or caller ID on home phone or text messaging or web access on cell phone, etc) and know not to try things like that ;). Though I do have a work-issued cell phone that I could probably use. I just have no idea what capabilities it has ;). But since I haven't been trained in the art of texting it seems like it would be very cumbersome - it is easier (for me) to deal with the flash-overload of the site.[/quote]

I pay about $50 a month after my discount( WalMart) which includes unlimited texts through T-Mobile so thats why i text them in.

[quote name='io']
Edit #2 - OK, finally got on. I've gotten my wife's account up to 600 points but I'm pretty much out of codes I had laying around (waiting for a double points day). The Blockbuster card is still there but I've got a lot of work to do to get her account to 1072 ;).[/quote]

Did you fill out the "Tell A Friend" thing to get some extra points on your first account?

I'm thinking about signing up my fiancee just so I can get another set of BB cards eventually.

[quote name='Malik112099']how long does it take the BB gift cards to come? I want to purchase GTA IV in full before it comes out[/quote]

I don't think they'll arrive before GTA IV arrives.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Did you fill out the "Tell A Friend" thing to get some extra points on your first account?

I'm thinking about signing up my fiancee just so I can get another set of BB cards eventually.[/QUOTE]

I did and I did not get any bonus. What a rip...

BTW, I'm up to 800 on the second account but only because I bought 10 12-packs at Target Saturday while they were still on sale. I might go to Costco and get a bunch of the 25-pointers there to finish it off (I'll just store all the Coke in the garage - it will get drunk eventually). The cards are still available but watch them disappear as soon as I enter enough points :roll:.

Check it.

My m8 has soda at his house. He drinks coke and coke 12 packs. Other day we go to the ball game, and I remind him to collect the codes for me. His dad overheard me talking about it. Today find out his dad is up to 200 points.

[quote name='xl_prankster_lx']Check it.

My m8 has soda at his house. He drinks coke and coke 12 packs. Other day we go to the ball game, and I remind him to collect the codes for me. His dad overheard me talking about it. Today find out his dad is up to 200 points.[/quote]
Don't tell people you are using the codes to get free stuff, tell them you are using the caps and flaps to make a abstract art sculpture.:lol:

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Don't tell people you are using the codes to get free stuff, tell them you are using the caps and flaps to make a abstract art sculpture.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I tell my coworkers that I collect the caps and flaps from coke and pepsi to use to enter contests and win free stuff. They let me have theres since they don't want to bothered trying to collect them and most of them aren't huge soda drinkers.

I've actually made a small business venture out of it. I purchase 12 packs of coke products and 6 pack bottles of pepsi products and sell them individually to my coworkers at cost to me
ex: 12 pack of coke is about $3.90 after tax , I sell the single cans for .35 cents each , which lets me break even.
ex2: 6 pack bottles of pepsi are about $3.90 after tax , so I sell them for about .70 cents each , which is half the price of a single bottle.
They ask me why sell them so cheap? I tell them , if I sell them at cost I'll have more takers , and that it helps me collect codes more easily. Only been doing it for about a week and it's already been working pretty good so far.:)

I have been collecting them from my recycle bin at work and I am thinking about going to the ball fields after weekend games. ( should be a goldmine).
i now have over 4000 so I grabed the blockbuster gift cards, and if blockbuster goes through with the purchase of Circut City, we might be able to use them there...

Some of you are quite ambitious in regards to your collecting. I have a friend who knows someone that owns a bar, so he has piles of the 12 pack flaps sitting around his house. Go to your local bar and befriend the owner. Likly they are not worrying about collecting codes. And many places do still purchase 12 packs for soda needs in addition to the syrup mixtures.

I found another source of easy caps. There's a particular local supermarket that leaves their crushed bottle bins right next to the machines and they don't mind if I go and rummage around as long as I don't try to recycle the bottles again or destroy the bags. I got 21 pepsi caps and 12 coke caps that way. :D

bread's done
Back