My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='mkernan']I went ahead and redeemed 380 points for a photo calendar from Snapfish. I actually had one already put together and saved as an x-mas present for my wife's father, so works nicely for me. But yeah, pretty much all the prizes are crap and/or waaaay overpriced, points-wise.[/QUOTE]

I've been eyeing those for a while (they also have a collage poster which might be kind of cool). But what always makes me hesitate on those is that they say customer pays "shipping and handling". And I pretty much figured they just nail you there and charge $20 or something for that (because of course it doesn't say how much) and pretty much wipe out much of the savings. So, the big question is how much did you have to pay for the calendar?

[quote name='HelpSavePets']I might have missed this in the thread, if I did, sorry about that.
I just saw on the Coke site that they are extending this program into 2009. Says you can enter codes until November 2009 now and redeem by December of 2009. YIPPEE![/QUOTE]

Hahaha, they said they were gonna end it by the end of 2007. This thing is just gonna go on forever.

Not that I'm complaining, I got a couple of bags, a couple of shirts, a mousepad, and a couple of amusement park tickets out of them just by collecting caps and box tops I find. Sweet.

[quote name='HelpSavePets']I might have missed this in the thread, if I did, sorry about that.
I just saw on the Coke site that they are extending this program into 2009. Says you can enter codes until November 2009 now and redeem by December of 2009. YIPPEE![/quote]

Cool, let's just hope they put up some decent prizes up between now and then. I guess I will just keep stockpiling my points.

[quote name='io']I've been eyeing those for a while (they also have a collage poster which might be kind of cool). But what always makes me hesitate on those is that they say customer pays "shipping and handling". And I pretty much figured they just nail you there and charge $20 or something for that (because of course it doesn't say how much) and pretty much wipe out much of the savings. So, the big question is how much did you have to pay for the calendar?[/quote]

Shipping was just their standard shipping rate, which for calendars is $6 for the first one, $2 for each additional calendar (I believe, could be slightly wrong). I was already buying one calendar anyway, so I redeemed MCR points for two calendars and ended up paying like $8 for shipping for both.

Kinda high for shipping, but I'm coming at it from the angle that I'm getting x-mas gifts for two peope for $8... so, good deal. =)

im at 1120 points with a TON of codes left to redeem that I am too lazy to get around to. I just browsed the rewards and there is crap in there. This is gonna be a shitty coke rewards year if they dont throw some decent goodies in there soon. Why even extend this out that long? Are people actually getting enough stuff form this for them to keep it running?

Screw collecting points from now on. Anyone know if the BBV free game rental coupons are up? I would check myself, but the site is going so slow. I'm not joking here. It took 5 full minutes to load up the first page.

Edit - Nevermind... As soon as I start bitching the site starts loading up a wee bit faster.

Edit 2 - They have the R1G1, but not the free rental. Any idea when the free rental coupon went OOS?

[quote name='DarkRider23']They have the R1G1, but not the free rental. Any idea when the free rental coupon went OOS?[/quote]

I haven't seen the straight-up free rentals in like a month or two.

I have to say even though there is not much to choose from on there, if you do order something, it's there within a week or less. I ordered the $50 polar bear adoption kit for a xmas gift last friday and it got here yesterday.

[quote name='thamaster24']I have to say even though there is not much to choose from on there, if you do order something, it's there within a week or less. I ordered the $50 polar bear adoption kit for a xmas gift last friday and it got here yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I'll have to look in to that - could be a good thing to give my daughter for Xmas.
How many points is it?

It's 1100 don't know if it's a deal or not I just grabbed one. They ran out quickly last time and they just put a new supply up, just search polar bear.

Hurry though, they ran out in 2 days last time.

Well, they only had the $25 kits for 550 points listed AND they are out of stock. I would definitely have grabbed the $50 one as it looks like it comes with a plush polar bear at least. The $25 one just has a picture. The $50 one would have made a great Christmas gift for my daughter, though, oh well... Maybe they'll restock the $50 (or higher) ones.

[quote name='Mars10']Has anyone ever had any luck on the sweeps? I never seem to hear about any winners.[/quote]

The sprite contest (not a sweep, and cost no points) had lots of CAG winners. Now I haven't heard from anyone who won a sweep on MCR. I do avoid the sweeps for that very reason.

I entered the Wii sweep a couple of times almost a year ago and the BB home theater one; however, I am not doing them anymore.
My brother dumped his last 300+ points on sweeps and got nothing either.

just got an email saying wednesday is double points day, only on 12 pack codes for: coke classic, coke classic caffiene free, cherry coke, and vanilla coke. no diets.

good thing i think i have...one coke classic code! haha

[quote name='hopeunknown']just got an email saying wednesday is double points day, only on 12 pack codes for: coke classic, coke classic caffiene free, cherry coke, and vanilla coke. no diets.

good thing i think i have...one coke classic code! haha[/quote]

damn... all I drink is diet. That's lame. I guess I'll have to go on a reverse-diet. Thanks for the heads up!

The hell? I have at least 50 or so 12-pack flaps here but I'm sure none of them are for anything but diet :bomb:...

Not that it matters since double points that you can redeem for jack squat still means you get jack squat.

Dang it. Only coke codes I get are from 20 ounces my mom gets and only 12 pack ones I get are from Barq's from my great aunt.

I'm still miffed they redid Nestea and removed the codes from them a while back. I was drinking a ton of Nestea and stopped drinking as much in protest.

Ah well, I just dumped the 200 pts. I had as a donation to the USO the other night. I was feeling generous... and drunk. :)

I've entered a few codes this morning and the double points in in effect. I can confirm that it does not work for Coke Zero or Diet Coke. It did double my regular Coke fridge pack code.

Tried Sprite (No Luck), tried 24 pack/ 20 pointers (No Luck), but had 13 12-packs of Coke tops and those worked. Now if only I could enter 20 oz caps with ease, I would be in business. Did my first ten a little after midnight and just did 6 more. Gonna scrounge for a few more points.

Got 30 points off 2 codes (1 Coke, 1 Diet). I'm sure I have more Diet than Classic codes at home, so maybe I'll wait to enter those...

CVS has to be one of the best places to buy Coke this week. They're selling it 3 for $11 (not that great of a deal on it's own) but they also give you $5 extra bucks with purchase.

I went to CVS and as always I scanned my extracare card. The machine spits out a $10 off a purchase of $30 or more coupon! So if you wanted to stock up you could buy 9x the Coke fridge packs for a total of $33, -$10 w/ coupon, -$5 in extra bucks good towards your next purchase for a total of $18. You wind up paying $2 per 12 pack!

[quote name='Chitown021']CVS has to be one of the best places to buy Coke this week. They're selling it 3 for $11 (not that great of a deal on it's own) but they also give you $5 extra bucks with purchase.

I went to CVS and as always I scanned my extracare card. The machine spits out a $10 off a purchase of $30 or more coupon! So if you wanted to stock up you could buy 9x the Coke fridge packs for a total of $33, -$10 w/ coupon, -$5 in extra bucks good towards your next purchase for a total of $18. You wind up paying $2 per 12 pack![/quote]

Nice deal. Since I have to buy a bunch of fridge-packs for the Holiday gathering I am in for 2X.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Nice deal. Since I have to buy a bunch of fridge-packs for the Holiday gathering I am in for 2X.[/quote]

I guess another way to do it would be buy 3 for $11, get your receipt with the $5 off coupon, buy 3 more on another transaction using your $5 off, rinse, and repeat as many times as needed...

EDIT: Oops I forgot the $5 in reward bucks only kicks in when you spend $15 or more in Coke products and according to my receipt it only works once per account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hobocorpses']Sooo...just to be sure....nothing we need to do before the new year so we don't lose our points?[/quote]

As long as you've entered at least one code in the last 90 days to keep your account active you should be fine.

I was reading through the official rules on the site this evening just to be sure and noticed a few interesting ones...

One rule states that all points will carry over to the 2009 period but sponsors can void points with "reasonable notice" to the participant.

Also section E #10 states that participants must keep the codes for 90 days after redeeming in case verification is needed.

[quote name='Chitown021']
Also section E #10 states that participants must keep the codes for 90 days after redeeming in case verification is needed.[/quote]

Ha, I use to do that after reading a story online about a woman who had to send in her caps to "verify", but after stocking a couple dozen, I just got tired and started throwing everything out.

I just noticed they removed all the nice items that were higher priced. I was going for the printer and was only 200 away.

Hopefully they will add some more nice stuff in the 10,000 point range. :)

[quote name='Chitown021']I guess another way to do it would be buy 3 for $11, get your receipt with the $5 off coupon, buy 3 more on another transaction using your $5 off, rinse, and repeat as many times as needed...

EDIT: Oops I forgot the $5 in reward bucks only kicks in when you spend $15 or more in Coke products and according to my receipt it only works once per account.[/quote]

Yeah, I always watch coke products at CVS. At least twice, they've done 1.69 Powerades where you get the $1.69 back in rewards bucks on your next purchase.

bread's done
Back