My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

Limit is going to be 120 points per week instead of 10 codes per day as of 2/16... maybe if they'd implemented this Back In The Day of 80 point $10 Sony cards, The Day would have lasted a bit longer...

[quote name='falcon815']Limit is going to be 120 points per week instead of 10 codes per day as of 2/16... maybe if they'd implemented this Back In The Day of 80 point $10 Sony cards, The Day would have lasted a bit longer...[/quote]

What! This is terrible. I do that usually in 3 or 4 days.

I got that e-mail this morning as well. I was excited about the removal of the code limit until I saw the 120 pts PER WEEK crap. I'd rather they keep the ten codes per day limit!

I only hope they put up some good 2000+ prizes on the 10th so I can cash out my 4000 and be done with it.

Well I've been saving for many years and FINALLY got to redeem for something that wasn't crap, I cashed out my points for nike.com gift cards 150 bucks worth which paid for half of an Ipod touch at nike.com.

MCR has been crap for a while now and this change makes it even worse. With 10 caps every day I could enter 210 points every week but now they want to cut that by almost half. I'm done going out of my way for codes. Since they've made it even harder to accumulate points, now, by their logic, they'll probably start adding good prizes.:roll: I just need to find something to burn my remaining 200 points on then that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like its time to get all of my 10 pt codes entered in, between now and the 16th. Then start entering caps, should help get rid of them quickly.

[quote name='neocisco']MCR has been crap for a while now and this change makes it even worse. With 10 caps every day I could enter 210 points every week but now they want to cut that by almost half. I'm done going out of my way for codes. Since they've made it even harder to accumulate points, now, by their logic, they'll probably start adding good prizes.:roll: I just need to find something to burn my remaining 200 points on then that's it.[/QUOTE]

Are you freaking kidding me!? I have an ENORMOUS pile of 12-pack codes here. Now instead of entering 10 per day for a potential max of 700 points per week, now I get to enter a whole 1.7 per freaking day. That is an enormous load of crap that I would care more about if they actually had anything worth redeeming for at this point.

Still, though, I guess I better enter as many as possible until the 16th. Sigh - lots of work for nothing :bomb:. I guess this means an end to the double-points days though (even if they have them you won't get much out of them).

But I find it funny the way they announced this. The email subject says "xxxxx (your name), new at My Coke Rewards: enter more codes per day". So I figure, well, with the absolute nerfing of the promo (ie, the crap rewards and mostly sweeps and stuff) they got rid of the silly limit to entice more people to redeem for the crappy stuff and sweeps.

But no, they decided to handle this much in the way eBay announces fee increases. For the last fee increase they made a huge big headline in the email about listing fees decreasing a tiny bit (like from 60 cents to 10 cents) and then in the text of the email casually mentioned that closing fees will go from 7% to 15%. :roll:

[quote name='io']Are you freaking kidding me!? I have an ENORMOUS pile of 12-pack codes here. Now instead of entering 10 per day for a potential max of 700 points per week, now I get to enter a whole 1.7 per freaking day. That is an enormous load of crap that I would care more about if they actually had anything worth redeeming for at this point.

Still, though, I guess I better enter as many as possible until the 16th. Sigh - lots of work for nothing :bomb:. I guess this means an end to the double-points days though (even if they have them you won't get much out of them).

But I find it funny the way they announced this. The email subject says "xxxxx (your name), new at My Coke Rewards: enter more codes per day". So I figure, well, with the absolute nerfing of the promo (ie, the crap rewards and mostly sweeps and stuff) they got rid of the silly limit to get more people to entice more people to redeem for the crappy stuff and sweeps.

But no, they decided to handle this much in the way eBay announces fee increases. For the last fee increase they made a huge big headline in the email about listing fees decreasing a tiny bit (like from 60 cents to 10 cents) and then in the text of the email casually mentioned that closing fees will go from 7% to 15%. :roll:[/quote]

I share your rage. I have about 500 points I have been sitting on on the off chance of another double coupon day.
RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!

Really have a decision to make here. Do I use my almost 12,000 points and get $300 worth of Nike cards? Or do I wait and see what they add to the 2000+ category and hope its worth while, and if not hope the Nike stuff is still there?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Really have a decision to make here. Do I use my almost 12,000 points and get $300 worth of Nike cards? Or do I wait and see what they add to the 2000+ category and hope its worth while, and if not hope the Nike stuff is still there?[/QUOTE]

Is that really the ratio now? 12,000 points -> $300 (equivalent of 1000 -> $25)? Wow, I would have thought that was a joke compared to past prizes... But now, it may be the best we can hope for. I dunno... I guess we won't be seeing the return of 750 points (or even 1032 points or whatever they changed it to) -> $75 in BBV credit.

I remember passing up stuff that was 1000 points -> $50 thinking that sucked. I guess that was a mistake.

I'm banking on there being some decent 2000+ prizes available next week. If not I'm hoping for some good smaller cost stuff like GCs. They'll probably just kill the promo in a few weeks and my last couple of years collecting 4000 pts will be for nothing:bomb::bomb:

[quote name='Chitown021']I'm banking on there being some decent 2000+ prizes available next week. If not I'm hoping for some good smaller cost stuff like GCs. They'll probably just kill the promo in a few weeks and my last couple of years collecting 4000 pts will be for nothing:bomb::bomb:[/quote]
^^^^^^^^ My Fear ^^^^^^^^
Does anyone still have that email address I can complain to?

[quote name='Chitown021']They'll probably just kill the promo in a few weeks and my last couple of years collecting 4000 pts will be for nothing:bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]
I suppose they've got the right to cancel the program at any time, but like the Pepsi Points program, I imagine they'd stick it out at least until the stated expiration date -- currently the end of 2009 -- even if the prizes don't get much better before then.

If you have some old codes you've been hanging onto for awhile you might want to get them entered by the 16th. I just entered some codes and when I finished there was a window that said:

"AFTER 2/16, 15 DIGIT CODES WILL NO LONGER BE VALID"

[quote name='Chitown021']If you have some old codes you've been hanging onto for awhile you might want to get them entered by the 16th. I just entered some codes and when I finished there was a window that said:

"AFTER 2/16, 15 DIGIT CODES WILL NO LONGER BE VALID"[/quote]

Guess that means this weekend, I'll have to sort out all of my paper codes and make sure to use up 15 digit ones.

You'll have to go to the mcr site and go to help and then contact us for a form if you want to yell at them. I just did and I suspect I'll get a date from Mariska Hargitay before they respond.

In short....

No fucking way!

[quote name='Chitown021']If you have some old codes you've been hanging onto for awhile you might want to get them entered by the 16th. I just entered some codes and when I finished there was a window that said:

"AFTER 2/16, 15 DIGIT CODES WILL NO LONGER BE VALID"[/QUOTE]

Ha - well, I had posted a message about this being all pissed because I thought all I had were 15-digit codes but now I realize most are actually 12-digit codes... I do have a few 15 digit ones though - I'll make sure to enter those today. Anyway, that's what happens when I haven't had enough Diet Coke to start my day :lol:. Damn addicting headache-inducing (if I don't have it) crap...

It seems like they added a few 2000+ pt limted time items. A bunch of various household items and electronics, toaster, luggage, power drills, a dvd upconverter and a few other things I cant remember off the top of my head.

[quote name='jkircos']Did anyone get their Subway gift card yet?[/quote]

I got mine a long time ago. IIRC, coke sent you an email which linked you to the subway stie and thats where you actually ordered it.

All this b&d stuff, ugh. I got that combo at lowe's on black Friday so who needs this stuff.

When you order the Nike.com GC do they send you an email code or a physical card. I think I am going to use mine ASAP.

Well...I probably have about 2000+ points not entered and I think Im just going to quit MCR. What would you guys suggest doing with my unused points? It took forever to get them, so its not like I want to just throw them away or give them away for free...does anyone trade MCR points for....stuff?!?!?

[quote name='aspen1284']Well...I probably have about 2000+ points not entered and I think Im just going to quit MCR. What would you guys suggest doing with my unused points? It took forever to get them, so its not like I want to just throw them away or give them away for free...does anyone trade MCR points for....stuff?!?!?[/quote]

Can't get much for them now, especially since the announcement. I would toss you a guide for about 300-500 points each.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Can't get much for them now, especially since the announcement. I would toss you a guide for about 300-500 points each.[/QUOTE]

What announcement are you talking about? The 120 point per week limit? While that is inconvenient, the bigger problem is simply the lack of decent prizes. I don't remember them announcing their prixes would continue to suck, or did I miss something? ;).

In any case, yeah, people aren't going to trade much for Coke points when you can't get anything with them... I guess at the very least, aspen, you should just enter them (do it NOW before the limit kicks in) and enter all the sweeps - who knows, maybe you'll actually win something. Has anyone on here won anything from a sweeps yet though? I entered a few times before Christmas - never heard a thing so I assume I didn't win.

[quote name='io']What announcement are you talking about? The 120 point per week limit? While that is inconvenient, the bigger problem is simply the lack of decent prizes. I don't remember them announcing their prixes would continue to suck, or did I miss something? ;).

In any case, yeah, people aren't going to trade much for Coke points when you can't get anything with them... I guess at the very least, aspen, you should just enter them (do it NOW before the limit kicks in) and enter all the sweeps - who knows, maybe you'll actually win something. Has anyone on here won anything from a sweeps yet though? I entered a few times before Christmas - never heard a thing so I assume I didn't win.[/quote]

I think I read the prizes were all going to be targeted at around 2k points or less and would be limited redemptions to facilitate more members getting them (IE one 1 month Xbox Live month free per customer . .etc.).

I know when I did the two focus polls on MCR I said I would like that option the least but it looks like from that and the suggested prizes, that they have been kicking around for months now, things are skewing that way.

I'm not quitting mind you, or encouraging anyone else to do so, just becoming more and more disappointed. Especially when I think back to the prizes I missed out on and the ones I passed on (face palm).

RE: Sweeps, I have heard of no one winning and am skeptical of them (Sprite contest not counting, of course).

Hell, I'd be happy with 1 per customer limits if they actually posted something worth getting! It's better than what they have now. If they bring in a lot of those survey things that would be great. But if they just post a couple of $5 gift cards (Target, Best Buy, etc) and then limit those to one per person that is pretty crappy.

I guess I'll start loading more points onto my third (the wife's) account and put less into mine. I'm over 2000 on mine, and have 1600 or so on my daughter's. I still have 30 or so 12-pack codes to enter before the 16th, though that isn't that critical as you can still enter 12 per week after that.

I am sitting on about 5300 with nothing to redeem for. with about another 200 sitting around the house. I got my fingers crossed like everyone else for good stuff coming soon

Dammit! I just got an e-mail about exclusive 2000+ prizes being available but I'm stuck here at work and can't get into the site since we're blocked!

EDIT: Geez, Coke has really killed the value of points! When I got my $75 worth of BB GC's I spent 750 pts (10pts per dollar), now they have a $100 Nike GC but it costs 4000 pts (2.5 cents per point).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']All this b&d stuff, ugh. I got that combo at lowe's on black Friday so who needs this stuff.

When you order the Nike.com GC do they send you an email code or a physical card. I think I am going to use mine ASAP.[/quote]

They send you a promotional code. I just cashed in for Nike codes and got myself an I-pod touch. YIPEE! (thanks to whomever posted they did that before, I didn't even think of that, but it did work).

[quote name='HelpSavePets']They send you a promotional code. I just cashed in for Nike codes and got myself an I-pod touch. YIPEE! (thanks to whomever posted they did that before, I didn't even think of that, but it did work).[/quote]

How much was it after tax and stuff? Thinking of cashing in for $300 worth and getting an Ipod touch as well.

[quote name='craven_fiend']How much was it after tax and stuff? Thinking of cashing in for $300 worth and getting an Ipod touch as well.[/quote]

Looks like there's free ground shipping, and wouldnt tax depend on your own state?

[quote name='Link927']Looks like there's free ground shipping, and wouldnt tax depend on your own state?[/quote]

Yes, there was free shipping so I only had to pay tax which was around $20. You could even get $325 in gift cards and wouldn't even have to pay taxes but I didn't have enough points for the extra $25.

[quote name='HelpSavePets']Yes, there was free shipping so I only had to pay tax which was around $20. You could even get $325 in gift cards and wouldn't even have to pay taxes but I didn't have enough points for the extra $25.[/quote]

How much is the $25 card? Sounds like I may just do that and pay the taxes, depending on how close I am to a $25 card.

[quote name='craven_fiend']How much is the $25 card? Sounds like I may just do that and pay the taxes, depending on how close I am to a $25 card.[/quote]

$25 code is 1,000 points
$50 is 2,000
$100 is 4,000 points

and no they don't expire, it says that right on the Coke site just so you can see for yourself. :)

[quote name='HelpSavePets']$25 code is 1,000 points
$50 is 2,000
$100 is 4,000 points

and no they don't expire, it says that right on the Coke site just so you can see for yourself. :)[/quote]

Yeah, I checked the redemption pts right after I asked. Don't think I'll wait nearly 10 weeks to order the Ipod. Might save up and get some more Nike cards and get the wife a Nike watch. Assuming that they still have atleast the $25 one.

[quote name='HelpSavePets']My I-pod Touch just arrived today. Nike.com is really fast with their shipping.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you guys cashed in 12,000 Coke points for $300 in Nike cards and ordered iPod Touch's? That's nice and all, but even though I've been doing this for years and am addicited to drinking Diet Coke and get tons of codes, I'm nowhere near that amount of points. How in the hell did you get so many?

[quote name='io']So let me get this straight, you guys cashed in 12,000 Coke points for $300 in Nike cards and ordered iPod Touch's? That's nice and all, but even though I've been doing this for years and am addicited to drinking Diet Coke and get tons of codes, I'm nowhere near that amount of points. How in the hell did you get so many?[/quote]

That is correct. I drive all my friends and family crazy having them help me with my codes. I have been saving them up for a very long time. I also get codes when I drop stuff off at my recycle center. If a box is in there, I take the code since the 1st person didn't use it. If you work, have your co-workers help you out, have people at church help out, neighbors. Plus I always took advantage of the double point days as well.

[quote name='io']So let me get this straight, you guys cashed in 12,000 Coke points for $300 in Nike cards and ordered iPod Touch's? That's nice and all, but even though I've been doing this for years and am addicited to drinking Diet Coke and get tons of codes, I'm nowhere near that amount of points. How in the hell did you get so many?[/quote]

I missed out on the Nike cards, both $100 and $200 are out of stock with the $100 staying that way. So it looks like its a no go for an Ipod touch this way. Its too bad they have a cap of 3 gifts per account, or I'd just load up on the $50 cards to get it.

As for how I got so many, I really just got lucky. I went the better part of a month without entering in any codes and still got to 12,000 (and it looks like I'm only going to climb higher). I get my codes from work and friends (all of which drink 12 pks; work uses 12 pks to fill vending machines, 3 times a week). And with there being nothing of any real value, I've just been stocking up points since around the beginning of last year.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I missed out on the Nike cards, both $100 and $200 are out of stock with the $100 staying that way. So it looks like its a no go for an Ipod touch this way. Its too bad they have a cap of 3 gifts per account, or I'd just load up on the $50 cards to get it.

As for how I got so many, I really just got lucky. I went the better part of a month without entering in any codes and still got to 12,000 (and it looks like I'm only going to climb higher). I get my codes from work and friends (all of which drink 12 pks; work uses 12 pks to fill vending machines, 3 times a week). And with there being nothing of any real value, I've just been stocking up points since around the beginning of last year.[/quote]

You could do three of the $50 and three of the $25 cards and then maybe the $25 will stay in since they are under 2000 points and you can get three more of those next week? Just a suggestion. :)

[quote name='craven_fiend']I missed out on the Nike cards, both $100 and $200 are out of stock with the $100 staying that way. So it looks like its a no go for an Ipod touch this way. Its too bad they have a cap of 3 gifts per account, or I'd just load up on the $50 cards to get it.

As for how I got so many, I really just got lucky. I went the better part of a month without entering in any codes and still got to 12,000 (and it looks like I'm only going to climb higher). I get my codes from work and friends (all of which drink 12 pks; work uses 12 pks to fill vending machines, 3 times a week). And with there being nothing of any real value, I've just been stocking up points since around the beginning of last year.[/quote]

That sucks, I was holding out for a $100 and then a $25. I knew they would disappear when the giftcard/iPod deal started getting posted a lot (I should have jumped on the 100). I have 4700 points and not a damn thing I want or see as of any value.

Edit: Wait I just checked and it says the $100 card is still available.

Edit again:
No you're right, it says it is available until you try and redeem it.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

bread's done
Back