MY DS BROKE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='Alpha2']...when applying for a game tester job at Nintendo! :p[/quote]

You'd probably have a better chance of being drafted by the NBA.[/quote]

Actually Play tester jobs are pretty easy to get, they're usually part time though and run crazy hours.

[quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='Spawn Of Hell'][quote name='Mouse']Between 4th period Calc and 7th period off[/quote]

The lesson here, skip more class.[/quote]

My question is why do you need a gameboy during school to begin with?

You're supposed to be learning, not playing.[/quote]
Come on, you can't say you've NEVER brought a handheld system into school, especially soon after you bought it. But it was in my pocket because I had metroid-fests with my friends before class started. I just also used it in Calc, because my teacher would rather laugh about people jumping from airplanes and forgetting their parachute than teaching crazy derivatives.

I've had my original Game Boy fall off the roof of my mom's car while driving, my GBA dropped down the stairs multiple times, and my GBC smashed with a stapler by an irate teacher. This is the first time a screen has broken.

And to whoever said "should have gotten a warrantee", I don't need one. The normal one from Gamestop is still active, but they don't have any more (last I checked). Nintendo however, is replacing the screen, for free.

[quote name='Sartori']Uh.. all you guys asking about a warranty:

Nintendo offers a one year warranty on all of their hardware, no need to buy any of that bullshit from Best Buy/etc.[/quote]

Remember that guy you turned down on the PRP at Best Buy...he told you you'd be sorry :twisted:

Seriously though if you want a warrenty as reason to get it at Best Buy instead of going with Nintendo, is that alot of times warrantys that come with ANY product are for manufactor scew ups. You dropping your DS will be blamed on negligence. All you have to do is get the PRP from another store and they offer more coverage. Although you technically have to send the item out to Best Buy as you do Nintendo, from past experience ive had plenty of customers come in with their prp in hand and pick up their new item off the shelf. Make sure before you get it you add comments like that because some stores will tell you it covers everything(which no prp does) but if you return it to the store that interperts it like that, you will get your new item

It was the "DS starter kit" I don't know the company, but it's $20 and comes with a case, a car charger, extra stylus, and some game cases.

Yea I've heard of some pretty bad stories of things happening to previous GBA's that turned out fine.. perhaps the DS is lesser quality. Time will tell when we start hearing more reports.

i dont know if i would want to be carring a DS in my pocket who knows what kind of poison that this is shooting out.... Remember the radar guns and cancer ...

hey, shit brakes, it's a part of an electronics life. The smart thing is to take out a warranty on something you know might fall/bash/snap/act of god so that if something like that does accure you wont sweat it. If you spend 150-200$ you've got no reason not to get a warranty.

A few years ago, somehow I ended up knocking my Atari Lynx on the floor, no big deal I though, since the drop wasn't big and the floor was carpeted. Well I went to pick it up and noticed that it had not landed on the carpet, but intead landed screen first on the top of my SNES joystick. Cracked the screen, but at least it still worked.

Get an Otter Box for you next unit! I go many of these and you can even go diving with them and what is inside remains dry. I Crazy glue one of those Cellphone belt clip posts to it so I can clip it to my belt.

I wouldn't carry my Tapwave Zodiac 2 around with me if I did not have an Otter Box.

www.otterbox.com

bread's done
Back