My eBay auction of 200 games!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']you could go with Signature confirmation with no insurance for $1.80, since that should be theoretically enough for Ebay/Paypal if something goes wrong. But I wouldnt know anything about that.

Edit: And if One box gets lost, you can claim to ebay that the WHOLE thing was lost :whistle2:$ since they wouldnt know that you shipped it in parts[/QUOTE]

Here's a pretty much fool proof way for a buyer to screw you (and how I was hosed)

Buyer gets item but complains to PayPal that it was SNAD. (Basically they make up shit.) PayPal grants the claim - now I had heard PayPal is a bitch about granting SNAD claims, but not in my experience - and tells them they will get the money back once they produce a DC # showing delivery to the seller. The buyer looks up an address for somewhere (a business, whatever) in the seller's zip code and sends something (anything) to that address with DC. They give PayPal that DC #, it shows as delivered, and they get their money back despite the seller telling PayPal they never received a thing.

I filed mail fraud charges on the guy but have very little expectation that anything will ever come of it.

And congrats on hitting that reserve. $1K exactly at the moment thanks to foc. Pretty cool.

What is SNAD?

It looks like I will need to have DC, SC, insurance and the works to cover all my bases. Thanks for the bumps and the good wishes everyone. I'll be sure to update this once the deal goes through.

Right now there are 17 watchers. I am wondering how many of those are CAGers. :rofl:

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']SNAD - Significantly Not As Described.

You buy a copy of Rez, and he sends you a broken copy of Sonic the Hedgehog.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! Thanks!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']SNAD - Significantly Not As Described.

You buy a copy of Rez, and he sends you a broken copy of Sonic the Hedgehog.[/QUOTE]

CH - I best not be getting any copies of Sonic the Hedgehog in my order :rofl:

[quote name='joevan07']CH - I best not be getting any copies of Sonic the Hedgehog in my order :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Nah, maybe a cart only copy of fuck though!

OP (or any other CAG with a large lot of "untradeable" games), send me your next list of games you're selling off.

Regarding this lot, I fully expect somebody to snipe me at the end, but won't have any problem paying for it on Monday.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']OP (or any other CAG with a large lot of "untradeable" games), send me your next list of games you're selling off.

Regarding this lot, I fully expect somebody to snipe me at the end, but won't have any problem paying for it on Monday.[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know if I am going to sell off anymore. I might get rid of some more, but this is the majority of what getting shipped out. At most there might be 50 or so more titles but that is probably stretching it.

Dang.

Not only did I get out bid, but I got outbid by 2 different people.

Based on the average selling price of each item, the total value of the items is around $1400.

It looks like you'll get close to that after shipping. You saved yourself a lot of money and effort by not listing each item separately.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Well, now you were only outbid by one person. The top bidder contacted me and asked that I cancel his/her bid.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I hate when that happens - what was the escuse? Did his kids bid or did he realize he wife would leave him?

I can't believe you're getting over $1000 for this. None of the games are even that good at all! If I ever got $1000... I think I would die. I NEVER have had this much money in my possesion EVER. The most I ever had was $200, but that's because I'm only 15. :D

[quote name='aoLat']None of the games are even that good at all! If I ever got $1000... I think I would die. .....that's because I'm only 15. :D[/QUOTE]

we would have never guessed ;)

[quote name='aoLat']Hey... heeey.... STOP IT. :D[/QUOTE]
Its all in fun as long as I ;)
when I bust out the :roll: then its meant as an insult :twisted:

[quote name='aoLat']None of the games are even that good at all! [/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised.

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction's average selling price is over $29! Conversely, only about 4 or 5 games have average selling prices under a dollar.

On top of that, the PO games with ASPs under $5 are excellent trade in fodder. Imagine getting a $50 preorder for less than $20 out of pocket!

Finally, the really crappy POX titles can be resold on eBay in bulk for about $4 each.

There's quite a bit of profit to be had from this lot if you're willing to put in a week or so's worth of work.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']You'd be surprised.

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction's average selling price is over $29! Conversely, only about 4 or 5 games have average selling prices under a dollar.

On top of that, the PO games with ASPs under $5 are excellent trade in fodder. Imagine getting a $50 preorder for less than $20 out of pocket!

Finally, the really crappy POX titles can be resold on eBay in bulk for about $4 each.

There's quite a bit of profit to be had from this lot if you're willing to put in a week or so's worth of work.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree - I only had $700 to put up though :D
need a business partner? :rofl:

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction's average selling price is over $29!
[/QUOTE]

:shock: Guess I should have checked more of these to separate out.

[quote name='onetrackmind']damn chickenfawker :shock: someone is gonna be buying some new art[/QUOTE]

Hehe! Nah.....this will pay for my music binge though.

[quote name='joevan']I completely agree - I only had $700 to put up though :D
need a business partner? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm always looking for a business partner.

My business would be much more profitable if I could put my game bounty in a shop window instead of eBay.

It could also meet my supply needs. Last week, I spent $300 cash for 59 PO games for my Suffering and NBA Live preorders. If I had a storefront, I could have gotten those games for $3 each or $4 for in store credit.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Actually, I'm always looking for a business partner.

My business would be much more profitable if I could put my game bounty in a shop window instead of eBay.

It could also meet my supply needs. Last week, I spent $300 cash for 59 PO games for my Suffering and NBA Live preorders. If I had a storefront, I could have gotten those games for $3 each or $4 for in store credit.[/QUOTE]

Is selling games what you do for a living? That would be nice. I am sick of working for the man! :rofl:

[quote name='chickenhawk']Is selling games what you do for a living? That would be nice. I am sick of working for the man! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

ah, shut up - we all know you work for yourself you management consultant bastard ;)

[quote name='joevan']ah, shut up - we all know you work for yourself you management consultant bastard ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, I am THE MAN! :rofl: Honestly though, I don't work for myself. I do work for an actual company unfortunately.

I sorta sell games for a living myself, I sell anywhere from 10-30 games a week on ebay (NEW/Releases, Sealed, and MOSTLy classic RARE games)> i Bought me a Mustang, ome nice tint, and getting some 1,000 17 racing rims. I really wish someone did own a store, casue ebay is too much of a hassel, I sell to a few of the known CAG's here including Weedyhodlum, and stealthy Seal. But I od have a electrician job too

[quote name='DealsRus']I sorta sell games for a living myself, I sell anywhere from 10-30 games a week on ebay (NEW/Releases, Sealed, and MOSTLy classic RARE games)> i Bought me a Mustang, ome nice tint, and getting some 1,000 17 racing rims. I really wish someone did own a store, casue ebay is too much of a hassel, I sell to a few of the known CAG's here including Weedyhodlum, and stealthy Seal. But I od have a electrician job too[/QUOTE]

Ebay is the best place to sell the rare games, but a storefront is where it's at for new games.

When I was putting up my preorders for Suffering and NBA Live 06, I watched a guy pay $45 for Madden 06. The guy refused to buy an Edge card, but bought the gameplay guarantee.

[quote name='DealsRus']I sorta sell games for a living myself, I sell anywhere from 10-30 games a week on ebay (NEW/Releases, Sealed, and MOSTLy classic RARE games)> i Bought me a Mustang, ome nice tint, and getting some 1,000 17 racing rims. I really wish someone did own a store, casue ebay is too much of a hassel, I sell to a few of the known CAG's here including Weedyhodlum, and stealthy Seal. But I od have a electrician job too[/QUOTE]

what type of mustang (year and model)?

my dads:

I have to run some errands. I'll pay you after you figure out the discount if any.

My zipcode is 42701 if you want to determine whether it'll be easier to ship everything in flat rate boxes or use 2 very large boxes.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I have to run some errands. I'll pay you after you figure out the discount if any.

My zipcode is 42701 if you want to determine whether it'll be easier to ship everything in flat rate boxes or use 2 very large boxes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'll get a discount and I'll figure out shipping and send you an invoice.

[quote name='joevan']I think I just burst a nut :drool:[/QUOTE]

me and my pop have been working on it forever. He started on it before i was born and we just finished it up completely a few months ago. I've been trying to convince him to start another one but he wants to do more to this one still.

it be nice to find a place that you could buy games off and sell them on ebay. everyplace i looked the $$$ wholesales want is more then you can sell them for .. Hell if i could stay at home just selling video games by ebay i be happy within even a 2 buck turn around

[quote name='slidecage']it be nice to find a place that you could buy games off and sell them on ebay. everyplace i looked the $$$ wholesales want is more then you can sell them for .. Hell if i could stay at home just selling video games by ebay i be happy within even a 2 buck turn around[/QUOTE]

I hear ya at first i was only turning around 5 bucks each, now im getting 10-15 PER, auctions are where its at

[quote name='DealsRus']I hear ya at first i was only turning around 5 bucks each, now im getting 10-15 PER, auctions are where its at[/QUOTE]

are these out of your personal collection or do you have someone supplying the games.. Another bad thing about getting into the market today is in 6 months xbox, Ps2 and Gamecube games will come crashing in vaule (what people will pay) when the new systems hit. I know one store that is stuck with over 500 SNES games they havent moved 1 in over 3 years

[quote name='joevan']let me know how RAD is - I hear good things about it :D[/QUOTE]

I've listed my sealed RAD on Ebay twice and it never sold. I never see it listed, so I can't get a good estimate on demand for it. I played the demo and didn't like the feel of it back in the day, but I guess I'm going to eventually open it and give it a shot

[quote name='Skylander7']I've listed my sealed RAD on Ebay twice and it never sold. I never see it listed, so I can't get a good estimate on demand for it. I played the demo and didn't like the feel of it back in the day, but I guess I'm going to eventually open it and give it a shot[/QUOTE]

i listed a RAD one time for 9.99 never sold Yet there was a few of them around my closing time that sold at 20 or higher.... i got a stack of around 100 games that im thinking of selling BUT im going to wait till Xmas to put them on.. probally around DEC 1 should be able to pull more cash hopefully

[quote name='slidecage']are these out of your personal collection or do you have someone supplying the games.. Another bad thing about getting into the market today is in 6 months xbox, Ps2 and Gamecube games will come crashing in vaule (what people will pay) when the new systems hit. I know one store that is stuck with over 500 SNES games they havent moved 1 in over 3 years[/QUOTE]

some are from my collection since I also do play games, BUT most are from a local supplier called Videogame Heaven (well its from their supplier but I go through them, they sell new releases for $5 cheaper then the MSRP, but get the games for 15 below. I sell my NEW releases for 35-40 shipped, but i really make alot of cash by hunting for rare games on my free time, but I kinda slowed down on that since my girlfriend does not exactly like me doing that.

now i mostly just sell to folks on my buddylist, and on ebay, (few members on CAG gets kickass deals, such as Weedyhoodlum got this bundle a few weeks ago)

Pac n Roll
2x Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Nintendogs:Chiwaha
Sonic Gems
Man hunt (Xbox)

all BRAND/NEW sealed for 105 shipped via priority/w DC

The owner of godly Toys got this deal

intendogs chihuahua, advance wars ds, pac n roll, and yugioh ds, pac pix all for 85 shipped, NEW and sealed

I mostly make bundles to push more items and still turn a nice little profit

[quote name='DealsRus']some are from my collection since I also do play games, BUT most are from a local supplier called Videogame Heaven (well its from their supplier but I go through them, they sell new releases for $5 cheaper then the MSRP, but get the games for 15 below. I sell my NEW releases for 35-40 shipped, but i really make alot of cash by hunting for rare games on my free time, but I kinda slowed down on that since my girlfriend does not exactly like me doing that.

now i mostly just sell to folks on my buddylist, and on ebay, (few members on CAG gets kickass deals, such as Weedyhoodlum got this bundle a few weeks ago)

Pac n Roll
2x Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Nintendogs:Chiwaha
Sonic Gems
Man hunt (Xbox)

all BRAND/NEW sealed for 105 shipped via priority/w DC

The owner of godly Toys got this deal

intendogs chihuahua, advance wars ds, pac n roll, and yugioh ds, pac pix all for 85 shipped, NEW and sealed

I mostly make bundles to push more items and still turn a nice little profit[/QUOTE]

man that Nintendogs packaged kicked major butt.. i paid 70 alone for The dogs and Yu gi oh

[quote name='slidecage']man that Nintendogs packaged kicked major butt.. i paid 70 alone for The dogs and Yu gi oh[/QUOTE]

those two would of been sold by me for 50

bread's done
Back