My Gamestop rant for the day.....

[quote name='ajh2298']UPDATE: My wife returned the game for me and also cancelled the other couple of pre-orders I had and had everything put back on my edge card. She also found out when she returned the game that the kid who waited on her yesterday gutted more copies for each system than he was supposed to and some were missing their bonus download codes for the extra GS exclusive "Dem Bones" map. Also the woman who waited on her said they had plenty of sealed copies still behind the counter and didnt know why if I pre-ordered I got a opened copy. Thats when she opened the copy that my wife got yesterday to reveal that the bonus map code was missing from my copy also.[/QUOTE]

I preordered BanjoKazooie Nuts and Bolts from GS for the Bonus DLC code. And of course when I went to pick it up the store had none, and the guy acted like he knew nothing about it. He pretended to look through drawers and shit. From then on If there is anything I ever want from GS, I go online and get it.

Same thing happened to a few years back with the Metal Gear Saga Volume 1 DVD. The employee pulled the same nonsense. Probably pocketed it himself or gave it to a friend. Needless to say, it hasn't sat well, considering its value, now.

[quote name='Josef']OK, I see what you're saying. I initially misread your post and thought you were one of those people that say it's OK Gamestop guts new games and still sells them as new because, after all, new cars are sold as "new" after people have testdriven them and put miles on them.[/QUOTE]

No they are not. The test drive models are test drive models. When you test drive a car and you decide you want it, you do not take that one home. They get you a new one.

If a car was advertised as new and had 10K miles I would not want it, but it is not the same thing as a new game being opened and sold as new. A car with 10K miles is 10K miles closer to needing repairs and the engine also has 10K more miles on it.

Any other retail/online store > Gamestop.

I would save that credit the OP has for when they have a used game deal. You're better off buying new games at just about any other store.

[quote name='ktims777']Lets look at this realisticly and honestly here. We all know they have to gut some copies of games. Should they gut your preordered copy? No. But as they did you can either take that one, be irritated and go home and play it or get your money back and go elsewhere. Then you can always come online, piss whine and moan to the same old people about the same old shit.[/QUOTE]

Really? I can argue against that point pretty easily. Does Best Buy or Walmart have to gut games? If you want a better example of one that keeps displays on the floor, how about TRU? There is no legitimate excuse for it other than GameStop wanting to save money on display cases (which are very inexpensive, i should know since I ordered them for TRU at one point).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You're right. I've only bought opened games a handful of times. Usually, it's because it's a game that's becoming a little harder to find or something along those lines. Those few times, though, the games were near mint. No evidence that the game had been played or even left the shelf it had been placed on after being opened.[/QUOTE]

While some managers are very strict about only allowing employees to check out used games, there are plenty of stores that allow the employees to check out new copies too (though the one I used to work at only allowed it for the 1 gutted copy and that was it). There were a few cases where other stores had received games early and allowed employees to take them home and bring them back as gutted copies for any that were not pre-ordered as well. Again, this is more of a store to store situation, but it happens a lot more than it should (I personally only checked out used games myself out of principal).

just take that gutted copy and exchange it somewhere else and explain to them the situation. also, transfer all ya pre-ordered stuff to that store that does help you.

by the way, not all gutted games have been pre-played or anything. when activision re-released call of duty 4 with the 'game of the year' edition the 1 I bought didn't have the code for the bonus map pack. So the gamestop store manager opened 2 more copies up in front of me and they were the same. He sold them as new as they hadn't been played or anything and he showed me that it wasn't their fault but instead activision's. I'm a frequent there so maybe that is why he did that. I ended up returning it and going to buy it at target instead where it actually did have the map pack.

Yes It will matter to that store if you cancel your preorderes with them and take them to another store. I used to work at GameStop and they hated people who would come in and cancel preorders and take them to another GameStop. Please do it.

That's total bullshit and really bad business. That employee should have had the power to offer you a gift card on the spot to compensate you for the disappointment. It's sad that you'd even have to talk to the district manager to resolve this. I have to agree with what some others have said and say that Amazon really is the way to go. ECA + Prime = video game buying heaven.

[quote name='eastshore4']
I gotta agree with the fella above... how many times are you going to be "hurt" by gamestop before you realize that you will never like their policies and need to move on? I doubt everyone here is venting for the first time, in fact I recognize certain people by name now that come to these particular threads like clockwork to repeat the same complaints over and over again ad nauseum. We get it, you don't want a gutted game, and you don't like that they aren't giving you $45 for your trade-in... it's not going to change, at least not by chiming into every GS discussion with "lol those guys suck I hate gamespoop and everyone that shops there". I dunno about you guys, but if there's something I don't like, I don't like to absorb myself with it.[/QUOTE]
true. but its these types of discussions are where consumers meets other consumers because of their concern with their current policies. it gives birth to other problems later on. one example is that NorAm basically does what gamestop does: selling used games as "new". if gamestop can get away with it just by giving people $10 to shut up, NorAm lets you keep the copy you have so that you can shut up about it as well.

the lawsuits are a small fry to gamestop. $300,000 in settlement is nothing compare to $8.8 billion in revenues. they'll keep doing what they're doing because it favors them. if you buy a gutted game thats basically a used game and its more likely to get traded back into gamestop than a sealed game per se.

[quote name='intoxicated662']by the way, not all gutted games have been pre-played or anything. when activision re-released call of duty 4 with the 'game of the year' edition the 1 I bought didn't have the code for the bonus map pack. So the gamestop store manager opened 2 more copies up in front of me and they were the same. He sold them as new as they hadn't been played or anything and he showed me that it wasn't their fault but instead activision's. I'm a frequent there so maybe that is why he did that. I ended up returning it and going to buy it at target instead where it actually did have the map pack.[/QUOTE]

Once when I went to buy a hard to find game "new" in our local Gamestop, they pulled it out from be the counter and it was gutted. I told them I didn't want and it if it wasn't sealed. The manager told me to hold on, took the game into the back and then came back and the game was now sealed. He said "We have a wrapping machine in the back". This really surprized me and I asked if they used that all the time on gutted games and he got a little defensive then saying "We only used that when we are shipping games to other stores" which didn't really make sense either. I looked at the game and you could kind of tell it wasn't sealed right...but if you were an average consumer, you might not notice. That incident has sat wrong with me for years.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']While some managers are very strict about only allowing employees to check out used games, there are plenty of stores that allow the employees to check out new copies too (though the one I used to work at only allowed it for the 1 gutted copy and that was it).[/QUOTE]

How did your store's policy work if that was the last copy of a game...the gutted one. Was the empty box taken off the shelf while the game was out or did they just gut another copy? I know in the past I tried to buy a game and they would look for it and then say "We can't find the disk"....just wondering if maybe they couldn't find it because someone had it out playing it.

Gamestop sucks. What they do is horrible and unsuspecting mothers who buy games for their kids will never know the difference and keep buying.

I once went into GS and the kid behind the counter told me they didn't have any new except for the one "open one, which is still new", so I told him I wanted it at the used price or no deal. He said "oh let me check the back I think we may have one more". He tried to play me by sealing it up in the back.

I told him "No, that is OK, keep your opened game". A mother who also being helped at the other register was trying to buy some pokemon game or something and she got the same spiel from the other kid behind the counter. She had already said "Whatever, that is fine" since the guy told her it was the only copy they had left and she was about to pay, until she heard my convo. She threatened to sue them for selling her an opened game at full price and stormed out. I left after that but I thought it was hilarious.

Bottom line is: If more people know of this bullshit that GameStop pulls and stops buying these "opened, new games", maybe people won't shop there anymore and maybe they'll be forced to stop this practice.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Gamestop sucks. What they do is horrible and unsuspecting mothers who buy games for their kids will never know the difference and keep buying.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that's just a silly generalization that every person who doesn't game is somehow getting taken advantage of by GS. Unless the store is resealing the display copies of games and trying to pass them off as factory-sealed (has been reporter, but that is not company policy), it's hard NOT to know the difference. They hand you an opened game, it's opened. That's pretty much the end of discussion. Just because a mother or father or grandparent doesn't game, that doesn't mean they are so stupid that they can't tell the difference between a sealed product and an opened product. If they buy the opened game, that's their decision.

Bottom line is: If more people know of this bullshit that GameStop pulls and stops buying these "opened, new games", maybe people won't shop there anymore and maybe they'll be forced to stop this practice.
I know all about it. So does the rest of CAG. And plenty of CAGs still shop there, because they have good deals on used games, and we can take advantage of their trade-in promos to flip crap we don't and clearance games from other stores.

I haven't traded a game in at Gamestop in over 3 years. I got sick of their mediocre trade credits. Most of the time, it costs more in gas expenses to go to the store than you will actually get.

I also haven't traded anything into the local store in months since it was the same shit- trade in some newer, more valued game for a pittance and use themoney to buy some crap game I got sick of.

Trade values are complete ripoffs no matter where you go and I'll be glad to see these stores go out of business, one by one, until the government regulates them more and forces them to pay decent values. And if all those sports games that no one ever buys are hurting them, then maybe they should accept a friggin' CLUE for trade-in and stop buying sports titles no one wants. These stores are crook organizations, run by idiots, and they make their customers pay for their actions.

[quote name='Diosoth']I haven't traded a game in at Gamestop in over 3 years. I got sick of their mediocre trade credits. Most of the time, it costs more in gas expenses to go to the store than you will actually get.

[/QUOTE]

Other than clueless moms strolling through the mall, I don't understand why anyone shops at GS. I absolutely hate the place.

I used to go in regularly when they sold used guides for $3 each. Why the fuck did they stop selling used guides? Because they couldn't make enough profit . . . which is the ONLY thing they care about.

It's a bummer about the OP's pre-order being opened ("gutted" is typical internet exaggeration since it means everything inside is either removed or destroyed). But as others have said, nothing in any of the GS complaint threads is remotely new. Ever.

I do agree that games bought as gifts or pre-orders should be kept sealed. But 99 times out of 100, the person complaining about an opened game was going to take it home and open it themselves 10 minutes later. So they are complaining about nothing more than cutting the celophane themselves. Which is hard for me to get incensed about.

Games are digital media. Having someone else possibly play it first is tantamount to complaining about how someone else heard a song before you. The actual wear and tear to the disc or cartridge is usually nonexistant. (People complain about scratched discs and dirty/damaged manuals, but let's be honesty--that rarely happens.) Folks comparing it to used toothbrushes, coffee makers, and cars are so far off the mark its ludicrous. It's apples and oranges. Those items have biological taint and mechanical wear--whereas a possibly played game is almost entirely about principle.

Much ado about nothing. (The mission statement of the internet.) :roll:

when i did the fn4 deal the ass hat is like, all we have are gutted copies. i was like, dude did you even check and he said, i know what im doing ok this is the last copy. the other girl working was like, ill check for you and she brought out about 4 sealed copies from the back.

[quote name='Diosoth']Trade values are complete ripoffs no matter where you go and I'll be glad to see these stores go out of business, one by one, until the government regulates them more and forces them to pay decent values.[/QUOTE]

Um...so you want the government to regulate the used games market? Yeah...

[quote name='jousley']Once when I went to buy a hard to find game "new" in our local Gamestop, they pulled it out from be the counter and it was gutted. I told them I didn't want and it if it wasn't sealed. The manager told me to hold on, took the game into the back and then came back and the game was now sealed. He said "We have a wrapping machine in the back". This really surprized me and I asked if they used that all the time on gutted games and he got a little defensive then saying "We only used that when we are shipping games to other stores" which didn't really make sense either. I looked at the game and you could kind of tell it wasn't sealed right...but if you were an average consumer, you might not notice. That incident has sat wrong with me for years.[/QUOTE]

No, that is about right. When I worked at GS, back in the day, the wrapping machine was for wrapping of 5 or 10 sets of games to be shipped to the warehouse. So all those used copies of Madden 01 were easier to handle during packing and shipping. It is a pretty crappy looking shrinkwrap otherwise.

[quote name='schultzed']Other than clueless moms strolling through the mall, I don't understand why anyone shops at GS. I absolutely hate the place.

I used to go in regularly when they sold used guides for $3 each. Why the fuck did they stop selling used guides? Because they couldn't make enough profit . . . which is the ONLY thing they care about.[/QUOTE]

How odd, a publicly traded business is primarily concerned with making money.

[quote name='dwhelan']No, that is about right. When I worked at GS, back in the day, the wrapping machine was for wrapping of 5 or 10 sets of games to be shipped to the warehouse. So all those used copies of Madden 01 were easier to handle during packing and shipping. It is a pretty crappy looking shrinkwrap otherwise.[/QUOTE]

That's what I have heard in the past, as well: the machine is typically used to ship groups of games out. People on here have claimed their stores have attempted to pull a fast one on them, but I've never personally seen it.

How odd, a publicly traded business is primarily concerned with making money.
Indeed. The insanity! Big Brother should be keeping a closer eye on them.

[quote name='Porksta']No they are not. The test drive models are test drive models. When you test drive a car and you decide you want it, you do not take that one home. They get you a new one.
[/QUOTE]

That's not exactly true. All vehicles on the lot are test vehicles. If I wanted to try a specific model. I go tell the sales person, I want to test that model specific vehicle. If I like it, i'll buy it. If there are more then one of the vehicle you want to test drive and buy then you could possibly do what you mentioned and test one and buy the other.
I haven't heard of any car lots that have special test cars. That kinda sounds like a car rental business plan to me?
Unless it it a special order vehicle that has been ordered and paid for by someone. That vehicle will not go on the sales floor.

I think people complain about Gamestop when they can't work their system.

Buy games when they have a huge promotion going on (B2G1, 20-30% off) and sell games when they a promotion going on (40% more anyone). It's not that hard guys, come on.

If they offer you a gutted copy, just simply say no and take your business elsewhere. The district manager frequents my store very often and once he hears that I don't want a gutted copy, he tries everything he possibly can to make a sale. Once, I got a $5 gift card for the drive over to the other Gamestop just 4-5 miles down the road.

And yeah, no one is forcing y'all to shop at Gamestop, just don't go. And they're not pointing a gun to your head to trade in your low valued games either.

If you want the best bang for your buck, trade and sell games here, Craigslist, Goozex, Ebay, anywhere. There's always someone who'd be willing to pay for your goods.

Note: I'm not some Gamestop lover, as I fucking hate them actually. However, if I can snag some good PS2 games during their promos for a good price, I'm good to go. Their trade in program is pretty good too with their promos. Buy a game for cheap and trade it into Gamestop for a small profit. Bam, got yourself some credit for the next B2G1 or 25% off promo.

I don't know, I kinda like the opened new games. Sometimes you buy a game and someone has stolen it...at least this way, you know the game is in there. I think they're doing a good service and will continue to buy all my games from them.

[quote name='Zippon']I do agree that games bought as gifts or pre-orders should be kept sealed. But 99 times out of 100, the person complaining about an opened game was going to take it home and open it themselves 10 minutes later. So they are complaining about nothing more than cutting the celophane themselves. Which is hard for me to get incensed about.:[/QUOTE]

Actually, if the game is something Im going to open RIGHT now and play, I don't care if its sealed or opened...but i don't always get around to playing the games soon...or ever. On those occations, I'd rather have the game sealed. That way, if i go to resell it, its worth more. That really pays off when something becomes rare or sought after and you have it sealed still. Thanks to the backlog of games I have, this happens more often than not.

[quote name='jousley']Actually, if the game is something Im going to open RIGHT now and play, I don't care if its sealed or opened...but i don't always get around to playing the games soon...or ever. On those occations, I'd rather have the game sealed. That way, if i go to resell it, its worth more. That really pays off when something becomes rare or sought after and you have it sealed still. Thanks to the backlog of games I have, this happens more often than not.[/QUOTE]

I also like my my games sealed because most times unless its Madden or NHL I dont start it right away. And more time than not I find a used copy before the return period is up and I just end up returning the sealed copy anyway. There must have been 7-8 times in the past year I have done this with copies of games I have bought new, sometimes I even get even luckier and time finding used copies the same week GS has a good coupon so I even save more.

You know, jously and ahj, you might have stumbled upon the real reason Gamestop does this. I think every retailer in existence hates how lenient the return policies are in the US. Being able to buy things and essentially hold that stock until the value has dropped, then dumping it back upon the original retailer for full price is a real blow. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why Gamestop is so profitable?

It strikes me as funny how so many people spew hate at GS. Seems like as soon as anyone becomes #1 at anything, the haters hate on it purely for that reason. LOL. I've been gaming nearly 30 years now, and having a chain as convenient as GS is a real luxury. And trading in used items has never been easier. Trust me, if GS wasn't #1, somebody else would be, and they would be running things exactly the same way. They aren't perfect--but then again, who is? ;)

I'll add my chuckles to the kid who wants the govt to regulate used game values. LOL. You am noob at life.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Zippon. Whoever is number one in this market would pretty much operate the same way GS does. That is why they are so successful. Their model works, and they aren't gonna change it just because people like us complain. We are not the majority of their consumer base.

Bottom line to me is, I know the prices of games from visiting this site and just staying in the loop. So, GS is a great place for me to make certain trade-ins and buy certain used games. For example, after EDGE and promo, I got $20 for MLB 2K9 on the 360. Looking at eBay, I see a ton of auctions that ended with zero bids at around the $20 to $25 range, and I see some auctions that ended around that priced shipped. So, even if I did sell the game on eBay for $20 or $25 shipped, after the fees from eBay and PayPal and paying for the shipping, I would have gotten less than I did at GS.

Without reading all 4 pages I have to say GS is where you go for used games only. You can't trust their new games (although I've gotten sealed copies in the past) and as others have said there are plenty of stores that offer better deals. GS lies when they say you won't be able to find it.

The ONLY time I preorder is if there's a really good bonus included. I mean better than a small T-shirt or pointless DLC.

[quote name='Zippon']Games are digital media. Having someone else possibly play it first is tantamount to complaining about how someone else heard a song before you. The actual wear and tear to the disc or cartridge is usually nonexistant. (People complain about scratched discs and dirty/damaged manuals, but let's be honesty--that rarely happens.)[/QUOTE]

LOL, the song comparison fails hard. Having someone play a game before you, yes. Having someone play your copy of the game before you, not the same, no. And the damage always happens. Blu rays are possibly more durable, but just having the employees cram them into those cardboard sleeves is usually enough to scratch DVDs. Even worse if it has more then one disc where they cram all of them in the same sleeve. Not to mention the display boxes with 15 stickers on it, manhandled by god knows how many people, usually pretty dirty looking unless it was just released that week.

[quote name='ninja dog']I don't know, I kinda like the opened new games. Sometimes you buy a game and someone has stolen it...at least this way, you know the game is in there. I think they're doing a good service and will continue to buy all my games from them.[/QUOTE]

Just to be sure this is a joke, right? If you buy a game and there's no disc in it you can return it or exchange it. I've had to do it before. Not to mention I've read stories from people before where GameStop forgets to put the game back in the case.

[quote name='rainking187']LOL, the song comparison fails hard. Having someone play a game before you, yes. Having someone play your copy of the game before you, not the same, no. And the damage always happens. Blu rays are possibly more durable, but just having the employees cram them into those cardboard sleeves is usually enough to scratch DVDs. Even worse if it has more then one disc where they cram all of them in the same sleeve. Not to mention the display boxes with 15 stickers on it, manhandled by god knows how many people, usually pretty dirty looking unless it was just released that week.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Have you seen the typical disc after someone owns and plays it for a little while? Yeah, I know a small number of guys who treat their games very carefully, but most gamers aren't very gentle with their discs. If there are minor scratches from GS putting them in sleeves, I doubt they will stand out for long. And the reason I used the song analogy is because of the planned longevity of game media. They are made to be played thousands and thousands of times without wear. So knocking one or two plays off that number is virtually neglibigle. (And if an employee manhandles it, GS will surely swap it for a cleaner disc without any fuss.)

As for the stickers, nobody is talking about that. You're talking about the last display copy. We're talking about the other opened games they keep behind the counter. Of course if you buy the last copy in the store it will be handled by the public. That's the same for almost any product at any store. (FYI, one shot of Goo Gone and those stickers come right off. Looks good as new!)

[quote name='rainking187']Just to be sure this is a joke, right? If you buy a game and there's no disc in it you can return it or exchange it. I've had to do it before. Not to mention I've read stories from people before where GameStop forgets to put the game back in the case.[/QUOTE]No, its a good idea. Yesterday I went to gamestop and they had a forza motorsports game I really wanted for $19.99, and there was a sealed one available, but I asked for an unsealed one to make sure the disc isn't scratched. I recommend that all of you do that to make sure your games are in excellent condition.

[quote name='Zippon']LOL. Have you seen the typical disc after someone owns and plays it for a little while? Yeah, I know a small number of guys who treat their games very carefully, but most gamers aren't very gentle with their discs. If there are minor scratches from GS putting them in sleeves, I doubt they will stand out for long. And the reason I used the song analogy is because of the planned longevity of game media. They are made to be played thousands and thousands of times without wear. So knocking one or two plays off that number is virtually neglibigle. (And if an employee manhandles it, GS will surely swap it for a cleaner disc without any fuss.)[/QUOTE]

Well, first off I'm one of those guys who takes care of my games. Hence my complaint. A gutted copy of a game that was just opened that day usually already has more scratches then most of my games I've owned for a couple years (and have played).

[quote name='darkslime']No, its a good idea. Yesterday I went to gamestop and they had a forza motorsports game I really wanted for $19.99, and there was a sealed one available, but I asked for an unsealed one to make sure the disc isn't scratched. I recommend that all of you do that to make sure your games are in excellent condition.[/QUOTE]

You bastard! They probably had to gut another one because you did that ;)

Originally Posted by schultzed
Other than clueless moms strolling through the mall, I don't understand why anyone shops at GS. I absolutely hate the place.

I used to go in regularly when they sold used guides for $3 each. Why the did they stop selling used guides? Because they couldn't make enough profit . . . which is the ONLY thing they care about.

[quote name='dwhelan']
How odd, a publicly traded business is primarily concerned with making money.[/QUOTE]

How thick are you? I intentionally put an accent on ONLY. There is a difference between providing a great service in order to make a healthy profit vs. ripping people off and squeezing every last nickel out of them.

I actually liked EBGames because they actually cared about the condition of games (they only accepted complete ones). I had put EBGames in the same category as GameStop but changed my mind after I shopped there.

If anyone gets rip-offed at GS or any such business, it's their own fault. It isn't GS's responsibility to make sure someone gets a fair deal. They set a price that they think is good for their business, and you can either take it or leave it. Everyone has access to the internet and eBay. You can easily look up completed auctions for a game and gauge its value.

And you know what, you don't really even need to do any research. All you actually need is some common sense. I remember the first time I took games to Funcoland as a kid. I was pretty much getting ripped off, and my mother was like, "You sure you want to trade in all those games for so little?" My mother didn't know jack shit about games, but she simply used her head.

[quote name='mis0']I think people complain about Gamestop when they can't work their system.

Buy games when they have a huge promotion going on (B2G1, 20-30% off) and sell games when they a promotion going on (40% more anyone). It's not that hard guys, come on.

If they offer you a gutted copy, just simply say no and take your business elsewhere. The district manager frequents my store very often and once he hears that I don't want a gutted copy, he tries everything he possibly can to make a sale. Once, I got a $5 gift card for the drive over to the other Gamestop just 4-5 miles down the road.

And yeah, no one is forcing y'all to shop at Gamestop, just don't go. And they're not pointing a gun to your head to trade in your low valued games either.
[/QUOTE]
i think alot of us, including me, knows that if the game is gutted you just turn away and do your business elsewhere. if you live in new york city, youre spoiled with more than 100 gamestops within a 30 mile radius. and thats no joke. when you have more gamestops than independent game stores, most people are forced to get and trade their games at that store. if youre a smart shopper, you'll wait for the deals on amazon or shop online.

but there really isnt anything you can do as a consumer to avoid this practice anymore. sooner or later, everyone will probably do the same. some companies have been doing it for a very long time (FYE, GameCrazy, etc.). it make sense to get the games sealed and new because you are paying for it as brand new. but does it make sense to get your games new and gutted and the thought that someone had played it before you did? maybe they should invent a counter built in on the disc themselves :whee:

I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse here by saying that GS as a whole has some very shady business practices and the experiences that you will have at some of their stores will be less than stellar.

That said, I think someone mentioned that if you get to know some of the employees, they will come through for you in a pinch. This couldn't be more true. At one of my local GS stores, they know me by first name there because I always show up when they have their b2g1 sales and 20% off coupons.

On one such occasion, I wanted to do the b2g1 when Mass Effect had just come out and they happened to have a used copy there. When I brought it to the counter they could not find the disk for the life of them and asked me if there was a different game I was interested in. I said "Well, I reaaaaly would rather have Mass Effect if you can find it." and the employee kept looking for it. Finally, the manager (who knows me too) came out and just told him to sell me a brand new, sealed copy as used so I could participate in the offer. Even let me use my Edge card too. That really made my day.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If anyone gets rip-offed at GS or any such business, it's their own fault. It isn't GS's responsibility to make sure someone gets a fair deal. They set a price that they think is good for their business, and you can either take it or leave it. Everyone has access to the internet and eBay. You can easily look up completed auctions for a game and gauge its value.[/QUOTE]

While I have no problem with you constantly returning to this thread to reply to everyone that disagrees with you, you can't say everyone has access to the internet and eBay, nor can you say a shitty store chain isn't shitty because people should know better. True, people should be more educated about their purchases, but that doesn't make Gamestop a good place to shop.

[quote name='cloudmd23'] When I brought it to the counter they could not find the disk for the life of them and asked me if there was a different game I was interested in.[/QUOTE]

Probably because one of the employees was renting it out.

[quote name='lolwut?']While I have no problem with you constantly returning to this thread to reply to everyone that disagrees with you[/QUOTE]

Nor should you. It's message board. And this particular part of the board even has "discussion" in the title. But thanks for not having a problem with me doing it. That means a lot to me. I wonder if I get a CAG award for that.

you can't say everyone has access to the internet and eBay
Actually, I can say whatever I want. Thanks. But I suppose you meant to say, "Not everyone has access to the Internet." Of course, you're wrong, but I got what you were trying to say. It's the year 2009. Everyone has access to the Internet. If you don't have it at home, a friend or relative has it. If not, free and public libraries, as well as other community centers, have it. Everyone has access to the Internet. And the reality is, if you can't afford to have the internet at your home, you shouldn't be wasting your money on game consoles and video games, anyway. You should be worrying about necessities.

nor can you say a shitty store chain isn't shitty
Never said that. Try again. I said I shop there when it's to my advantage, and if anyone gets "taken advantage of" by GS, it's their own fault. A minute or two of simple research can help anyone avoid such "scheming" by the evil corporation. Or, simply don't ever go into the store. Of course, all of those suggestions are simply crazy, I know.

Heh. My Gamestop is awesome. I have never had a problem with gutted/opened games. The employees are always nice to me and try to get me the best copies of used games. I don't know them either. Ofcourse I go in their quite frequently but I've never had more than 5 lines of conversation with them.

I guess I understand the hate, but I have never experienced it before. Hopefully won't have to either.

Gamestop isn't good for OCD people who need all of their cases perfect, but for adding to a collection, they are great. I love slowly building my Xbox collection with B2G1. Today, 14.27 for 6 fairly high rated Xbox games. Half are complete, half aren't, but since I'm not too picky, it isn't a problem. As long as the games work well and they give me a refund if they don't, then there isn't much more you can expect from a giant chain company like Gamestop.

[quote name='ktims777']For Christ sake, will someone please make and host www.bitchandwhineaboutgs.com or something similar already? I'm tired of coming to www.Cheapassgamer.com and feeling like I am on www.Crybabyassbitches.com.
Seriously, its always the same whiny ass people spewing the same stories every other week. Go shop somewhere else and STFU already. KTHX[/QUOTE]

Whoever starts that site can work with the nut jobs who run those anti-Walmart sites and print up crazy t-shirts about how much they hate Walmart.

i heard that when games have manuals you get a 50% life boost and infinate ammo. too bad for you disk only douchebags

Okay, well... are we done? Can I expect to never see any of the people who've shared their complaints on this thread to never contribute to another one of these topics ever again? Seriously, what is the point of constantly popping in to every forum to talk about how you don't like gamestop? Do you think we forgot you don't like GS and need a friendly reminder? It's clear people here are set in their ways, you know what you do and do not like about GS, and you know your alternative options... normally if you don't like something you don't spend hours obsessing over it. Jumping on to every weekly "what I don't like about GS" thread isn't rectifying your issues, it's only annoying people like me who hate that these threads pop up and get all of the attention solely because(just like console wars discussions) they allow people to piss and moan amongst friends and aggravate their "opponents", while all the legitimate discussions fall by the wayside. Can we at the very least, consolidate all of these into one official anti-gamestop thread? That way there won't be all of these threads getting derailed when someone wants to change the conversation into a rant about gamestop, or a weekly "omg I can't believe GS guts their games" thread popping up.

bread's done
Back