My Gamestop rant for the day.....

[quote name='ktims777']For Christ sake, will someone please make and host www.bitchandwhineaboutgs.com or something similar already? I'm tired of coming to www.Cheapassgamer.com and feeling like I am on www.Crybabyassbitches.com.
Seriously, its always the same whiny ass people spewing the same stories every other week. Go shop somewhere else and STFU already. KTHX[/QUOTE]

I get your frustration with the same stuff being posted about GS x10000000....but who has the fucking gun to your head forcing you to click on the threads?

In the past I have hated gutted copies as much as anyone and have avoided them as much as possible because I hate Gamestop stickers. But now, I think there is a much more important reason to avoid gutted games: the increasing use of pack in codes to encourage preorders/buying new/buying at gamestop. Madden 10 for example has the online franchise code on the back of the manual. It would be extremely easy for someone to steal this code without you knowing until you've tried redeeming it, and then you'd have to go through the hassle of taking the game back and being met with the possibility that gamestop won't believe you.

[quote name='caltab']In the past I have hated gutted copies as much as anyone and have avoided them as much as possible because I hate Gamestop stickers. But now, I think there is a much more important reason to avoid gutted games: the increasing use of pack in codes to encourage preorders/buying new/buying at gamestop. Madden 10 for example has the online franchise code on the back of the manual. It would be extremely easy for someone to steal this code without you knowing until you've tried redeeming it, and then you'd have to go through the hassle of taking the game back and being met with the possibility that gamestop won't believe you.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the Club Nintendo codes that can be easily pilfered, or photographed with a camera phone.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Sorry, but that's just a silly generalization that every person who doesn't game is somehow getting taken advantage of by GS. Unless the store is resealing the display copies of games and trying to pass them off as factory-sealed (has been reporter, but that is not company policy), it's hard NOT to know the difference. They hand you an opened game, it's opened. That's pretty much the end of discussion. Just because a mother or father or grandparent doesn't game, that doesn't mean they are so stupid that they can't tell the difference between a sealed product and an opened product. If they buy the opened game, that's their decision.

I know all about it. So does the rest of CAG. And plenty of CAGs still shop there, because they have good deals on used games, and we can take advantage of their trade-in promos to flip crap we don't and clearance games from other stores.[/QUOTE]

I was actually referring to their "opened" still "new" game policy. Where they sell the open games at full price. I have no problem with their sales, I have an issue with the way they sell opened games as "new". The people who aren't "in the know" (i.e. moms, grandparents, etc), do not know the difference so they purchase these "new" opened games at full price. Thats it! Wish we could educate them not to buy those and ask for a real, "new" copy!!

Again, I don't see the issue. I know what you were talking about. But again, the game is open. They can call it new, used, or whatever. The game is open. Even if you're completely clueless about games, you would still know that the vast, vast, vast majority of new items are sealed in some fashion. I'm sure that most people have bought some kind of media at some point in their life. They know it's suppose to be sealed. If he isn't, and they buy it anyway, that's their decision.

I've had this same problem before where I preordered something and they gave me a gutted copy, I asked for a sealed copy and they told me that they didn't have any. So needless to say I was pissed but I still took it because I wanted the game but I don't preorder at gamestop anymore. Amazon is the best place to go now in my opinion thanks to my ECA.

What I object to most is the new games sold with GENERIC GAMESTOP case and NO manual. That is ridiculous. I can tolerate an opened "new" copy to some extent, but I cannot tolerate selling something new when it's disc only.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']What I object to most is the new games sold with GENERIC GAMESTOP case and NO manual. That is ridiculous. I can tolerate an opened "new" copy to some extent, but I cannot tolerate selling something new when it's disc only.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of this happening to anybody.

3879982689_099b160368_m.jpg

Scene outside my local Gamestop last July when some idiot took a game off the shelf and ran off thinking something was actually inside. After being detained he was found to have other stolen property inside his car.

This is reminding me of a story I read somewhere (here?) about a homeless guy who stole a bunch of empty cases and was selling them on a street corner.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I've never heard of this happening to anybody.[/QUOTE]

When I bought SF 4 new for the PS3 during the $20 sale, I ended up not seeing it and asking the employee (who in turn was the manager) if they had any left.. he said they had one, it was new but gutted and to bring the case up.

I told him I couldn't find the case, in which he told me what others have posted, someone must have stolen the case and manual which he says is uncommon but still happens often enough.

He ended up giving me the case and manual from a used copy but took the time to desticker and clean it off, which was awesome of him.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Again, I don't see the issue. I know what you were talking about. But again, the game is open. They can call it new, used, or whatever. The game is open. Even if you're completely clueless about games, you would still know that the vast, vast, vast majority of new items are sealed in some fashion. I'm sure that most people have bought some kind of media at some point in their life. They know it's suppose to be sealed. If he isn't, and they buy it anyway, that's their decision.[/QUOTE]

K whatever man, opinion is opinion. I do not agree with them selling an open copy at full price. I usually always check the discs as well, since on numerous occasions I've seen scratch marks on these "new" games.

All I was saying is that the people who aren't aware of this should be. All good!

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']What I object to most is the new games sold with GENERIC GAMESTOP case and NO manual. That is ridiculous. I can tolerate an opened "new" copy to some extent, but I cannot tolerate selling something new when it's disc only.[/QUOTE]

I saw something like this happen the other day. Older lady was wanting to get a game, but the store didn't have it. One of the clerks went to another store, found the game listed as new, but it didn't have any packaging. In fairness, they sold the game to her at the used price and gave her a $20 gift card on top of that for her trouble.

bread's done
Back