My Gamestops not honoring $40 trade for COD MW2

and how exactly do you already have the game? That's probably why they're not honoring it because the game isn't due til nov 10.

[quote name='luan87us']and how exactly do you already have the game? That's probably why they're not honoring it because the game isn't due til nov 10.[/QUOTE]

The offer expires the 8th according to the website. And no I wasn't planning on trading in two of the same game.

Oooh I thought you meant the other offer where they will give you $40 credit if you trade back MW2 to them. You meant the trade 2 games in and save $40. Well you must have had a new employee/trainer on duty. Try coming back again and may be print off that the list too just so you can shove it up their asses if they try to reject you again. Make sure you games are on the list though.

Actually, I will also say that I traded in two games tonight and hoped to put them towards CoD MW2, and I was told they canceled that promo.

[quote name='nnthomas']So go trade them at Toys R Us instead and get a $20 gift card instead after you purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Can't get $40 in credit for Vegas 2 and Smash Brawl at TRU.
Just put it towards L4D2 and then come in on Tuesday and cancel your preorder and pick up MW2

[quote name='adam31']HEADS UP! Two of the Gamestops in my area are not honoring the trade 2 certain games from list, get $40 for COD MW 2 offer

See link: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

Needless to say, I was PISSED![/QUOTE]

fm8f0i.jpg

I am almost positive you had a store that just didn't know how to do the promo correctly. I've taken advantage of this deal many times: for ODST, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age, and Left 4 Dead 2.

The issue is that most promo's at Gamestop are already set up to ring in automatically in their computer system; for this promo, there is actually a code they have to manually scan in. It is in on of those little weekly/monthly information folders they have. The point being that they should have the code somewhere behind the counter, they just might not know what it is since they obviously haven't done this promo yet.

At the two I went to they scanned 2 of the games I had off of the list, then the new game...still full price. They called around to some other stores in the area, and couldn't figure it out, so they actually manually adjusted the price of ODST down to $20 for me (looking back on it, they should have manually adjusted the TIV of my 2 games up to $20/ea, because the way they did it actually gave me ODST for $7!)

The next store I went to had the same issue, wouldn't ring automatically; I go in there a lot, so he honored the deal for me anyway. He just adjusted the TIV's of LSW and some crap Wii game (can't remember which) up to $20/ea, giving me Dragon Age for $20 after the 2 trades.

The last store where I got the other couple games had no issue at all; he knew exactly what promo I was talking about, verified my games were on the printed list, whipped out a little scan sheet, and everything adjusted automatically.

If you've looked at the deal on their website there might be an issue with some of the games...there is an ever growing list of addendums below; ie games they've made ineligible for this promotion, so YMMV on getting those to work. That being said, I traded in 3 of the games that ended up being added, so who knows about that.

sorry for the rambling, but hopefully this will help someone...get them to scan the code!

Sorry to hear it man, do you live in an area with a ton more Gamestops? I'm right outside of Cleveland and probably have 2 dozen within a half hour drive if need be. I'd call around and see if you can find someone who knows what's what and can do it for you.

I went up Monday to use this deal to get NSMBWii for $10 and the guys behind the counter were having some trouble and said it has to do with the game being a pre-order which didn't really make sense to me. They said I could do it when the game comes in on the 15th but I clearly remembered seeing that the promo ended on the 8th so I waited until they got it worked out in their system. I'd keep trying.

Just call corporate OP. Last thing they want to do is piss off customers who are then going to get MW 2 at BB or TRU and get a gift card just for buying the game there.

they're not doing their job correctly. Inform them of that, then tell them that it's in the little book where they keep their scannable promotions. If they deny or refuse at that point, ask them for the number to corporate and let them know that you intend to complain.

They have to scan a coupon code for this to work. I tried to do it today too, but the guy couldn't find the code for it? You could always do the same deal for the other games that are out (Tekken 6 or Dragon Age) and just return them sealed on Tuesday and use the credit to buy COD MW2. The system applies the deal automatically for these games.

man ive run into the same problems at 4 different GS...one actually told me that the ad was a misprint and that "activision would never do that"...meaning agree to the promo...trust me man...get a placeholder (tekken6 or whatever)...cuz ive stood there for almost an hour watchin them scan the same book and nothing happens....and then they call some other guy in another store and they dont know what to do....so i would suggest a placeholder...or trying another GS....u can check out my previous posts for more details...

activision would never do that????....lol...the ad says "get the biggest games for 19.99 when u trade in 2 selected titles"....according to him...theres 7 to 8 misprints in that ad...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6475862#post6475862

its simple math.... (x + x + 19.99) = new game in the ad (59.99)...that should b 20/20/20 for a new game

Bah!

I tried to do the NSMB deal tonight when I picked up Modern Warfare 2 and I ran into a brick wall. I brought in Mario Power Tennis and the Bigs 2 and told him that I'd like to do the trade 2 deal. So he scans them in and it only came to $32 something...just the 25% power trade. I told him that wasn't what I meant and went and grabbed the (old) flyer they had about it in the store. At that point he tries to tell me that it's only good _after_ the game is released. I pointed out that about half of the games on the flyer were comming out after it said the promo ended (the 8th), and that it would be moronic to advertise a promo that included games that couldn't be used for the promo... According to him the promo is running all month, and that's why they're on there. Oh, then why does the nice color ad in the store say it ended on the 8th? Nothing...he just tells me that's the way it works and how they've always worked...

Since the store was busy and I was getting progressively more pissed off I just grabbed my games and left. What sucks is that I left without getting my pre-order bonuses! Serves me right.

[quote name='CaptPete']Bah!

I tried to do the NSMB deal tonight when I picked up Modern Warfare 2 and I ran into a brick wall. I brought in Mario Power Tennis and the Bigs 2 and told him that I'd like to do the trade 2 deal. So he scans them in and it only came to $32 something...just the 25% power trade. I told him that wasn't what I meant and went and grabbed the (old) flyer they had about it in the store. At that point he tries to tell me that it's only good _after_ the game is released. I pointed out that about half of the games on the flyer were comming out after it said the promo ended (the 8th), and that it would be moronic to advertise a promo that included games that couldn't be used for the promo... According to him the promo is running all month, and that's why they're on there. Oh, then why does the nice color ad in the store say it ended on the 8th? Nothing...he just tells me that's the way it works and how they've always worked...

Since the store was busy and I was getting progressively more pissed off I just grabbed my games and left. What sucks is that I left without getting my pre-order bonuses! Serves me right.[/QUOTE]

But it serves you right for being a whiny customer...or something. It's retail. Some lazy kids/unhappy adults usually make it that way. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

can anyone else confirm? I have the same ad it does say deal ends on the 8th with T6 ASS 2 and HALO ODST pictured. But ASS 2 isn't out yet...

[quote name='CaoPi']can anyone else confirm? I have the same ad it does say deal ends on the 8th with T6 ASS 2 and HALO ODST pictured. But ASS 2 isn't out yet...[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/trade2

Looks like they restarted the promotion again on the 9th. Not sure what (if anything) changed though.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection(PS3),Valkyria Chronicles (PS3),House of the Dead: OVERKILL(Wii), Need for Speed: Undercover(Wii), Rock Band 2(Wii), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn New World(Wii), Indianapolis 500 Evolution(360) and Midnight Club: Los Angeles(PS3) are no longer eligible.

Offer valid toward new versions only. Final promotional price is net after trades. Assassin's Creed 2 releases 11/17, Dragon Age: Origins releases 11/03, Left 4 Dead 2 releases 11/17, New Super Mario Bros. 11/15, Tekken 6 releases 10/27. Release dates subject to change. Net retail will differ for special editions. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the Untied States, Puerto Rico and Guam only from 11/9 - 11/22.

[quote name='QiG']http://www.gamestop.com/trade2

Looks like they restarted the promotion again on the 9th. Not sure what (if anything) changed though.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection(PS3),Valkyria Chronicles (PS3),House of the Dead: OVERKILL(Wii), Need for Speed: Undercover(Wii), Rock Band 2(Wii), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn New World(Wii), Indianapolis 500 Evolution(360) and Midnight Club: Los Angeles(PS3) are no longer eligible.

Offer valid toward new versions only. Final promotional price is net after trades. Assassin's Creed 2 releases 11/17, Dragon Age: Origins releases 11/03, Left 4 Dead 2 releases 11/17, New Super Mario Bros. 11/15, Tekken 6 releases 10/27. Release dates subject to change. Net retail will differ for special editions. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the Untied States, Puerto Rico and Guam only from 11/9 - 11/22.[/QUOTE]

seems the link isn't working

[quote name='CaoPi']seems the link isn't working[/QUOTE]

Ahh.. the coding for CAGs affiliate link is affecting it. Either copy and paste into address bar or navigate to the GS website and down the left side of the screen there's a link to trade-in deals and it's in there. :cool:

bread's done
Back