My local gamestop are thieves!!! Stole money off my edge card. What should I do?

vwbeetlvr

CAGiversary!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]I am posting this here because I believe this forum is filled with the most mature people who can help me with this situation.

I took my edge card (basically a gift card with store credit) to my local gamestop. Later that day while the card was in my possession 3 purchases for 20, 70, and 70 dollars were made on my card. I made a purchase the next day and it was down by $160.96.

They are telling me to go back to the store and they need to do check their "logs" or something.

I am in a bind and don't know what to do.

Should I contact the police???

Gamestop Customer service on the phone told me to go to any store and they can file a complaint with a department that I forgot the name to. They say I can't call them direct.
[/FONT]

glittergun.jpg

Go to a different store, since you know that the first store is crooked. Ask for their help getting the logs from that day. If they won't help you, ask for the District Manager's phone number. If they won't provide that, then contact the police.

You will get results a lot faster from Gamestop directly. Your police may be way to busy to deal with petty theft.

I had this happen to me a couple months ago. First thing I did after contacting corporate and finding out the amounts, dates, and what store, was I contacted the store and asked for the store manager. If the store manager isn't in, ask when they'll be in next and get ahold of them that day. Speak with the store manager (be calm... no need to yell) and let them know you were in there on "such and such" day and that you bought "X, Y, and Z." However, later that day, your balance was lower than it should have been and from calling corporate, there are 3 unauthorized charges to your edge card. The SM will look into their transactions and confirm your story and look for the employee ID# that performed the transaction (and will review in store security tapes as well). Depending on what the district manager tells the SM to do, you'll either get the money back immediately or after GS launches the investigation and gets the dumbshit employee fired.

Either way, you'll get your money back, just make sure you stay in constant contact with the SM until things are resolved to your satisfaction.

edit: this is actually a semi-common occurance due to the information the GS prints on it's receipts. Unfortunately, until they reprogram what prints on the receipts, this will continue to be an issue :whistle2:/

Or... you took a nap during the day and sleep walked into a gamestop on three separate occasions in the same day and bought stuff!

I went to another gamestop in my area and the manager there called the district manager and explained what happened. While he was on the phone he agreed with the DM about something. When he hung up he said to me that he kind of figured what was going on but he couldn't tell me. He said they would get it fixed and the district manager would call me tomorrow.

I am sure he believes that it is some crooked employee doing something but doesn't want to mention it to me. We'll know more tomorrow.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr'][FONT=Verdana, Arial]I am posting this here because I believe this forum is filled with the most mature people who can help me with this situation.[/FONT][/quote] :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is why I NEVER leave a balance on my Edge card. Every time I trade something in (almost always during a promotion) I immediately apply it to a pre-order or just released game. Leaving a balance on the card just seems to be asking for trouble to me.

Technically right now if I didn't have pre-orders there would be $210 on my Edge card but in reality its $60 on SOCOM, $60 on Fallout 3, $50 on Fable 2, $35 on Gears 2 LE, and $5 on CoD WatW.

Curiously, if you ask for the trade balance to be placed on a traditional gift card (if that's possible) does that close the door on fraud? Or is the whole gift card number listed (which I would doubt)

bread's done
Back