My new Wii makes clicking sound!! WTH??

harunim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello my fello CAG's.

I just bought a Wii (3) days ago and it's already started to make loud clicking sound when loading the games! Sometimes it tells me to eject and turn off and refer the manual!

Did i get a bad console?? Is this normal w/ Wii systems?

Any help really appreciated!

no it isnt normal!!

i bought my wii on 11/14 no noises ever no clicking. played it for 5 hours straight no noises.

you got a bad console, either send it to nintendo or get your money back.

Every game? Or just some?

My Wii made loud noises with one game, I think it was with Manhunt 2.. can't remember

[quote name='Scorch']Every game? Or just some?

My Wii made loud noises with one game, I think it was with Manhunt 2.. can't remember[/QUOTE]

Every game!

Mostly it loads and plays flawlessly but like 3 out of 10 times I turn on the wii to play any game, it makes loud clicking sound and takes forever to load. Then it gives me that eject message!

I'm sure I should get it changed?

my red steel clicks. i had a bad system first itme aroudna nd they replaced it. but this one seems okay, jsut red steel makes noise when loading

I just called Gamecrazy because that's where I picked it up and they told me they can't replace it because I didn't buy a sevice contract! WTH!

They said I have to send to Nintendo. OMG..

I mean I just bought exactly 6 days ago and they have several Wii's in stock!
I think I should talk to the manager tomorrow..

Mine did it to SMG, RE UC, and MP3.. so I think my console is just a bad one..

I don't know what their return policy is, but there should be something that lets you return it within a few days. Such a waste to use the Nintendo warranty so soon. Talk to their manager and raise hell if you have to.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I don't know what their return policy is, but there should be something that lets you return it within a few days. Such a waste to use the Nintendo warranty so soon. Talk to their manager and raise hell if you have to.[/quote]Wouldn't you get a new warranty with the new system?

It would be rather ridiculous if they didn't let you exchange your hardware 6 days after buying it.

Ok, A: You should have bought a real system. B: If you bought it with a credit/debit card, simply take it in and say "Exchange this broken piece of crap or I will reverse the charges." That usually works. C: If you bought it with cash, contact Nintendo, and never buy anything with cash again.

Just go to the retailer and get a refund/exchange. This is probably the quickest way to get the Wii back in your hands. If not, you could call Nintendo, and get the exchange that way. They will issue RMA# and repair/exchange your Wii.

Question... my Wii makes an occasional ticking noise when I play Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, and ONLY during that game. And in the last 3 days, twice when I pressed the power, it did not turn on. I had to unplug the cord and replug it in the back and restard from redlight... again, only when MoH:H2 was in. Is it the game or the system do you think?

[quote name='mietha']Ok, A: You should have bought a real system. [/QUOTE]

Oh, well that's helpful.

He should pick up a 360 instead. I hear those things are super reliable.

I mean, people leave their babies with them and everything, to go and enjoy a nice night out on the town.

I even heard about one that found a wallet on the street with a thousand dollars in it. But it turned it into the police!

[quote name='Strell']Oh, well that's helpful.

He should pick up a 360 instead. I hear those things are super reliable.

I mean, people leave their babies with them and everything, to go and enjoy a nice night out on the town.

I even heard about one that found a wallet on the street with a thousand dollars in it. But it turned it into the police![/QUOTE]
:applause:

For some strange reason, mine does this when I stand it up on the table without the stand. Once I put it on the stand, it runs everything perfect with no sounds, no problems. No idea but it doesnt bother me much. Maybe try laying down flat and see if it reads it then.

I got news:

1. I'm fucked up. Bad. Good wine. Not "good MarioColbert."

Unless you count "drunk as shit" as "good" in which case - "MarioColbert = super good."

Summary: I am fucked up.

2. Your Wii is fucked up. Call Nintendo.

3. Zack & Wiki owns your ass, as well as mine, and me dad's.

5. Where's four?

5. For real, man, get your shit fixed, and play some Super Mario Galaxy.

Alcohol + forums ~~ Slinky + Escalator (everlasting fun!)

[quote name='MarioColbert']Alcohol + forums ~~ Slinky + Escalator (everlasting fun!)[/QUOTE]

OMG I totally want to go and do this tomorrow! (slinky + escalator)

tanks for the idea!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']:applause:[/QUOTE]

I don't think you understand.

Do you know how many 360s waddle up to me everyday to tell me Timmy fell down the well?

Good god. I guess I should know something is up when every Timmy gamertag suddenly has "OH GOD HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN THE OLD TOWN WELL" as the game they are playing. Cuz then I think...."Wait a minute...there's no game called that!

THERE'S NO GAME CALLED THAT!"

My Wii has had some drive problems. I had to send it in once to replace the drive. Fortunately it came back pretty quickly.

I think the slot loader isn't all that robust. After the fix, the system seemed fine for a couple of months, but it spontaneously turned off last night during a game, so perhaps there are more problems to come!

Hmmm, maybe you got a different version.
does your Mii character look like this?
Ep_109_starvinmarvin.gif

if so, send it back to Ethernopia.

i have this problem when i change games from the wii menu. i basically have to turn my system off eject the game, and insert the new game to play. otherwise, i get the clicking and not loading problems as well. i suppose i'll send it in eventually. i purchased mine back in september i believe.

Before I get into this, I have to preface it with a statement: I am NOT playing Chicken Little here and saying the sky is falling or that Nintendo screwed up. There is no overwhelming majority of consoles with problems. These are just ramblings here, no more, no less.

Anyway, moving on. I had an issue with the drive, too, where it make a horrible weedwacker like noise after a few months. If you poke around on here, YouTube, wherever, it's not an extremely uncommon problem. Now, Nintendo has a history of pretty solid consoles. Sure, there have been some issues, but generally, Nintendo's machines were tanks. Just look at the Gamecube. That thing looks and feels like you could hit it with a truck and it would still work. Why? Lack of mechanical motion. This is really the first Nintendo system with a game delivery device that involves actual machination to function. I have to wonder if perhaps that wasn't the best move. A front-loading slot, fine... but your company's FIRST front-loading slot that plays TWO different disc sizes, and on a machine designed to stand vertically? That just seems like a recipe for problems. As far as I know, the PS3 isn't having problems with the disc loader, but I also imagine Sony, being a company that does more than just game consoles, has perfected that tech. over a few years at this point, plus they use only one disc size. I don't know, like I said, I'm not decrying Nintendo or saying that the console has inherent hardware problems... I'm just saying that, opinion only, I think they may have made a mistake by going with this sort of disc delivery system. Nintendo's consoles have always felt pretty solid... and the Wii just... doesn't, to me.

Ok, rambling over.

Quick Question, does this clicking all of you are mentioning always lead to some reading error? I've never had any reading error so far, but i have heard some clicks from my Wii from time to time.

Well, and this is an important point... mine wasn't a clicking noise. The spinning Wii discs would sound, and I've yet to find a better description of the noise, like a weedwacker. It was loud, and an obvious indicator that something wasn't right.

Regardless, mine never gave me a DRE, for what it's worth.

I've had this problem a bit, but only with Resident Evil 4. It just clicks a lot and takes forever to load up. Only once has it given me an error code though.

Mine freezes and sometimes does like a CHGCHG sound. I'm thinking about selling it (just the system) and then buy a new one so I can start brand new. Or, I could just return it to Nintendo but I think they give you a refurbished one back.

Wait...your guys drives doesn't do a loud click when it first starts spinning up?

Mine has done it ever since I bought it at launch....fuck -.-

[quote name='gage006']Wait...your guys drives doesn't do a loud click when it first starts spinning up?

Mine has done it ever since I bought it at launch....fuck -.-[/quote]

Whoah, relax. The ONE loud click when the drive starts up/you turn the Wii on is normal.

Both of mine did it. If when it's READING the disc and it makes MULTIPLE clicking noises, THAT'S when you have a problem.

You can hear mine do like a Click when it starts up. I'm guessing that's just the disc drive like starting the disc or something. But yeah, whenvner the game runs I don't hear anything.

Mine just started clicking this weekend, it's whenever any disc is spinning.

It sounds like the disc isn't lining up correctly (like when you have a click-on spindle and miss one of the little clicks).

With a month left on my GameCrazy 1 year warranty, I'll keep playing either until it dies this month or take it back in within the next month. I agree though, a slot load that can be used both vertically and horizontally isn't the most trustworthy of setups.

[quote name='carthitup']Whoah, relax. The ONE loud click when the drive starts up/you turn the Wii on is normal.

Both of mine did it. If when it's READING the disc and it makes MULTIPLE clicking noises, THAT'S when you have a problem.[/quote]

Ah, sweet. I must say though, that noise scared the crap out of me when I first bought it and powered it up. Although, it is much better than the jet taking off with my 360.

uh... my Wii makes several loud noises when i load nba live or mario strikers charged... and occassioanlly it makes multiple clicking noises as i play online and then freezes...

is that normal...because i don't notice it happen with any of my non-online games?

You guys are vastly paranoid from what I've read. Don't worry about getting it replaced, nothing's wrong with your Wii, don't panic. The clicking you hear is perfectly normal, it is just the laser readjusting. Some people notice it more than others, but it's not negatively affecting your console.

Now, if it was doing something like http://youtube.com/watch?v=zWy2oIgtHI4 this, then you should be worried.

bread's done
Back