My old Nintendo Power magazines worth anything?

Bszelda

CAGiversary!
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right section for this topic but I was just wondering about this. I am in need of a bit of money lately and I have a small collection of old Nintendo Power magazines (Volumes 147 to 251). Does anyone have a ballpark range of how much these might be worth on a site such as eBay? I loved these magazines as a kid and now they just sit there on my shelf in vertical, upright position. Some of the older ones have a bit of tearing and stuff but all pages are intact. A lot of that is the fault of the stupid mail carriers.

Anyway, any opinions would be great. Thanks! :)

Look on ebay for ones you have being bid on and youll know. I mean if your honestly curious what they sell for on ebay then why dont you get on ebay and look?

This sounds like more of a "Hey I have stuff to sell" thread than a actual question thread.

I don't think they are worth anything. I've actually got copies of the "Fun Club News" magazine plus the first 10 or 12 issues of Nintendo Power and I'm pretty sure they aren't worth anything (they are complete but well worn). I read them all tons and tons of times - this was before the internet and in an age where you wouldn't really know about a new game until it was advertised on TV. Good memories - I must have read the one previewing The Adventure of Link hundreds of times.

[quote name='Javery'] I read them all tons and tons of times - this was before the internet and in an age where you wouldn't really know about a new game until it was advertised on TV. Good memories - I must have read the one previewing The Adventure of Link hundreds of times.[/QUOTE]
Right there with you. I've got a mammoth collection of old Nintendo Power and GamePro magazines in my basement. Really takes you back to thumb through some of those well-worn issues previewing the likes of Super Mario World and Final Fantasy II.

I'm wondering this as well. I've got a great condition Nintendo Power Final Fantasy guide just sitting here, along with many issues from back in the day.

I somewhat regret tossing my old collection that dated back to around issue #5. I mean, they were just dead weight but did hold nostalgia. Nowadays, I'm sure you could find PDFs if you ever wanted to thumb through them again. Anyone else remember the little books that were GamePro at the time? It's really amazing how many publications are still around today that I remember first coming out back then.

This was the one I read the most:

images

My fav was when they'd do the live action covers, like for Castlevania. That and the embossed silver cover for Mega Man X. I might have actually kept those. The one I can remember reading the most was the Goldeneye issue. Those maps and tips to surviving 00 Agent were amazing.

Also, must watch:

They maybe worthless, but there are people out there that will pay OK money for them. These people are collectors, people who collect things will pay above average amounts for stuff that others won't. I say try listing them on ebay and see what you get, I wouldn't expect too much cash though.

bread's done
Back