My PS1 rpg collection is finally finished! Pics inside!

[quote name='electrictroy']I'll give you $1 an hour if you let me come over & play.

:)

troy[/QUOTE]

If my calculations are correct and you feel like playing every RPG out three, I'll be $2,100 richer! :)

[quote name='KingofGames']Final Fantasy Origins original and complete[/QUOTE]

That's hard to find? I got mine for like $15 at bestbuy awhile ago.

[quote name='The VGM']Nice collection, don't like how you stored them though.[/QUOTE]

That's the only comment I was going to make. Some of mine, I had to stack.. but I stand them up on their sides, not lay them down on their backs. They're reinforced alot better that way, but it's not even a big deal.

[quote name='The VGM']That's hard to find? I got mine for like $15 at bestbuy awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I finally traded a copy of FFX for it, but it took me months and months to find a non-GH copy that wasn't sealed and totally over-priced.

[quote name='red flare graf']That's the only comment I was going to make. Some of mine, I had to stack.. but I stand them up on their sides, not lay them down on their backs. They're reinforced alot better that way, but it's not even a big deal.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I'd like to do it. At this time, I don't quite have the space/capacity to do such a thing though. I'll definitely have to invest into something though.

[quote name='KingofGames']There's 72 games and the time to complete the games ranges anywhere from 10 hours all the way up to a good 60 hours. I would guess the average time for all 72 games would be 30 hours or so, meaning around 2,160 hours. That equates to 90 days of gameplay. :) I think I'm set for life![/QUOTE]

You could do what I do (I have just about as many PS1 rpgs as you) -- play them on an emulator: that way you can speed things up and cut 60 hours of gameplay down to about 20.

I hate playing games on the PC. I much prefer sitting back in my LazBoy, playing with surround sound. It's not a great set-up, but it gets the job done.

[quote name='KingofGames']I hate playing games on the PC. I much prefer sitting back in my LazBoy, playing with surround sound. It's not a great set-up, but it gets the job done.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on that as far as console RPGs go. Though ideally, I'd have my PC hooked up to the TV and then I'd play the games that way. :cool:

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on the rarity of Rhapsody. And Rhapsody didn't jump after Disgaea, it jumped right before... It was ~$20 brand new (when I neglected it) and all of a sudden it jumped to $40 and before I knew it, it went up again (after Disgaea this time) to $80+.

King, did you get the map with Alundra? That's one thing that troubled me...

[quote name='KingofGames']Maybe not the most expensive, but some of the hardest ones for me included Brigandine w/ map, DragonSeeds complete, Vanguard Bandits with Lunar demo, Final Fantasy Origins original and complete (everyone has this GH and sealed, hoping it'll be worth something), Lunar 2: Eternal Blue complete w/ pendant and all. While I was trying to acquire all of these rpgs, I owned multiple copies of Suikoden II and Rhapsody which most would consider to be the hardest to find. Who'da thunk I'd have the hardest time with games like FF:O and Vanguard Bandits![/QUOTE]

Yea, I guess it really varies on location and what games you luck upon. For example, I picked up Brigadine in very good condition from a local used movie/music/game place a few years back. Now that I think about it, I don't recall really seeing it around anywhere else, but I just picked it up at the time because it was an Atlus RPG I didn't have. I do think I'm missing some kind of map from that one, tho I'm not going to be that picky right now.

And Vinny, Rhapsody didn't jump in price after Disgaea but it jumped because of it. Disgaea had a decent buzz in RPG circles before it released, and around that time Rhapsody's popularity went up because of its connections to it. If that game had risen in value based on its own merits, then Guardian's Crusade would be incredibly expensive right now. It's just as scarce from my experience, and a much better game in the same style (beginner's RPG).

Please post your full name, address, telephone number, social security number, blood type, eye color, and allergies.

What? I don't want to kidnap you, steal your identity, break into your house and steal your games.... what gave you that idea?

Heh. Nice collection. I am so green I'm almost orange.

Wow that's a Pretty impressive collection, but take a gander at mine...just throwing my cards on the table and formally saying what's up to everyone on CAG being that this is my first post and possibly not my last lol

http://users.ign.com/collection/Slykoopa?showAsOthersSeeIt=1&objType=1&lid=1

Quite a few of my PSone RPG's are still sealed for example Xenogears,Origins,Chronicles, Anthology,BOF 3 & 4 and a few others, Rhapsody would have been but the curiosity killed me...also have tons of guides for most of my RPG's...not bragging just feel like everyone else likes to share thier collections...and for the record none are GH, Plat or Players strictly collectors quality 100% complete and mint, might eventually post some pics for ya, 1

Now that I've "completed" my list, I may add the 10 or so games that aren't exactly RPG's. I think the only true RPG I'm missing is Master of Monsters, but that's a strategy/RPG from what I heard which is why I initially passed it up.

BBoyKimChee: I'd definitely recommend Suikoden I and II, Valkyrie Profile, Breath of Fire III, Final Fantasy Tactics, Wild Arms, Lunar: SSSC, and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

EpicWolf: Impressive. My sealed collection was pretty nice for a little while. I had a sealed Final Fantasy VII, Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story and a few others. Mind you, those were all original. As for the guides, I have around 40 of 60 guides in my collection. I've got most of the big hitters like Suikoden, Suikoden II, Lunar 2: EB, Castlevania: SotN, and many, many others.

Thanx. KOG...by far the greatest effort I put into my collection has been the Saturn, all the games are complete & Mint, not a single of those large cases is damaged , as for the sealed PSone Rpg's they're all NGH I snagged them a few yrs back on Gexpress (Xenogears,Anthology,Chronicles) the rest were found locally here and there and alot of Ebaying my crown jewel was 135$ I spent on PD Saga which still burns btw lol, atleast it retains value, as for guides I have quite a few, Im missing the Suiko 1 guide but I did manage to finish it with a FAQ with all 108 stars and G revived, lol

KOG, how much do you think this all cost together, everything that is?

Also, I sort of disagree with retaining sealed games (and never playing them), but I understand from a collector's point of view.

And if you could also, please list: your address, when time you or your family members are usually home, any security systems you might have, any pets or animals, and what room these games are stored. Thanks in advance!

It's really hard to determine how much was put into it, as I traded for the majority of these items. I think the most cash I actually spent on a single game was $28, and that was on DragonSeeds. I couldn't find any cheaper copies and no one had it for trade. The only thing you need to know about their storage is that I've got ol' Bessy in the same room. She's my sawd-off shotgun. :)

Hehe if it's not going to be taken outside (conceal) sawed off shotguns lower the efficacy of the weapon a lot. I suppose it's cool to say though

Thank you. :) As for selling, not looking to rid myself of the collection just yet. I'll be sure to post a nice big topic when I do, though.

You still got a ways to go if you want a complete PS1 RPG collection. Any reason why you don't have the Digimon World trilogy? Also, where are Gauntlet Legends, and the Tecmo's Deception trilogy? They may not be considered RPGs, but they live up to the genre more than Symphony of the Night (which is an Action/Side-Scroller, by the way...).

[quote name='Devin']You still got a ways to go if you want a complete PS1 RPG collection. Any reason why you don't have the Digimon World trilogy? Also, where are Gauntlet Legends, and the Tecmo's Deception trilogy? They may not be considered RPGs, but they live up to the genre more than Symphony of the Night (which is an Action/Side-Scroller, by the way...).[/QUOTE]

Kinda what i was thinking to. Congrats on getting "your" list but you are missing some key games that shouldn't be hard to find. The Deceptions don't belong but Digimon does as well as a few others. Im sure you saw my 81 list of RPG's that Official Playstation Magazine released in there issue 55.

Nice! I've been inching closer and closer to completing my PS1 collection, but I'm not in any rush. The only ones left that I really want are Tales of Destiny II, Parasite Eve II, and Parappa, and I'm just waiting for the right time.

[quote name='Dazz']Kinda what i was thinking to. Congrats on getting "your" list but you are missing some key games that shouldn't be hard to find. The Deceptions don't belong but Digimon does as well as a few others. Im sure you saw my 81 list of RPG's that Official Playstation Magazine released in there issue 55.[/QUOTE]

Certain games from that list certainly were not RPGs (Herc's Adventure, Digimon World I and II, Mega Man Legends I and II, Misadventures of Tronne Bonne, Monkey Hero). In the long run, I'll add Digimon World 3, maybe Monster Rancher 1 and 2 (still need to find out more about these games), and Master of Monsters. I wouldn't consider those "key" titles though, as they basically bring the collection down. :whistle2:(

Ha! I spent $100 on the original soudntracks for Suikoden I, Suikoden II, and Castlevania: SotN. I think those are the first and last OST's I ever purchase. :)

i'm envious of your collection king of games! nice job!

[quote name='Seventh']Congrats man. I use to own half of those RPGs you have no during the PS era... gave them all away when I went PS2... worst decision I ever made. But I managed to get Wild Arms back, my most favorite PS RPG ever.[/QUOTE]

awesome! wild arms was one of my favorite rpg's for the ps1 as well. keep your eye out for the remake on the ps2 :)

Congratulations! Btw, Monster Rancher is sorta like a simulator where you train monsters and they get stronger, gain new abilities, etc. Its a great series regardless, I'd recommend picking it up. Oh, and Harvest Moon, of course. Its borderline RPG as well, as your character upgrades his tools, gets more stamina, gets house additions, makes realtionships with people, etc. Highly recommend this series as well.

I really wish I had that collection.

Are all the games complete and like new? If so, let me know some sources, I have a few RPGs I'd like to get on the cheaper side of things.

Everything is complete, but not everything is like new. I don't believe anything is a previous rental and all of the games work. As for resources, there really isn't much to recommend outside of common knowledge places, such as Ebay, Gamestop, CAG, and Gametz.com. Your best bet is to look out for lots.

Nice collection!

I've been collecting PS1 RPGs these days a lot more, as prices have gone up. I'm a little distracted by picking up PS2 RPGs cheap before they pull a Suikoden.

Also, I sort of disagree with retaining sealed games (and never playing them), but I understand from a collector's point of view.

I kind of agree. I've got about 20 PS1 RPGs. But I only collect the ones that I will possibly play...and thus, that don't suck. The true bottom of the barrel stuff I am willing to pass on. Stuff like Beyond the Beyond, yikes :cold:

Have you started to collect those Suikoden action figures?

At Gamestop, I just picked up the "Hero 2" from Suikoden 2... I could not find the "Hero" from the original... for some reason, the figures for Suikoden 3, 4 and Gaiden didn't appeal to me - doesn't help that I haven't played them either.

[quote name='sabin23']
At Gamestop, I just picked up the "Hero 2" from Suikoden 2... I could not find the "Hero" from the original... for some reason, the figures for Suikoden 3, 4 and Gaiden didn't appeal to me - doesn't help that I haven't played them either.[/QUOTE]

Are these new?

Links or pics?

http://www.atamaii.com/suikoden.html - are these them?

bread's done
Back