My son was in the Google science fair [Results are in]

ImLuhkee

CAGiversary!
I have seen other CAGs post request for votes. I thought I would ask for some support from CAG and try to get him some more votes. Just a little background information, he is 15, home schooled, self motivated, and a self learner. Originally there were over 7500 applicants(world wide) and he made it to be one of 60 people that are Semi-Finalist in the Google Science Fair. This voting goes towards a chance at winning a scholarship for him. You are able to vote once every 24 hours. Voting goes until May 20th.

http://www.google.com/events/sciencefair/projects/geometrical_quantization.html

Any votes help, Thanks!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

EDIT: Just found out today that only the initial votes count! Thanks for everyones votes, just wanted to make sure and update this to let everyone know.

2nd EDIT: Thanks everyone for the votes! We are keeping our fingers crossed for him. I will let you guys know when we find out if he makes it to the next round!

UPDATE: I am sorry to say that my son has been kicked out of the science fair. We are all beyond words proud of the point he has gotten to. He was initially very hard on himself and disappointed when he found out, but has since started seeing what an incredible feat he has accomplished to begin with. I thank all of you great CAGs out there supporting us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, No he has plans to attend a community college and get his AA then transfer to a State college.

Thanks for the votes!

After clicking through to the Project website and reading through your son's entire project, it's easy to see why it was chosen as one of the 60 semi-finalists. It was very interesting and extremely impressive work. I wish him the best of luck on the scholarship and the trip to CERN.

I will absolutely be coming back to vote for him each day between now and the end of the science fair.

Thanks everyone! I knew CAG would come through for him! Also I edited the first post but incase you skipped past it. Only your initial votes count, I just found that out today.

I have to agree with ananag112, you don't see as many Volcanoes as you use to.

I voted too.

It literally took me 2 seconds to do. I think everyone can take a second and just click on "submit vote" even if it is to help out some anonymous stranger on an internet forum.

Thanks alot guys! I know what you mean the trips sound really cool. I am a bit jealous though because if he does win only one parent gets to go with him and my wife already called dibs on the trips, lol.

I really would love to have a vacation. Though, I am concerned that the science tour might be something my wife would appreciate way more than myself.

The voting has closed. Thanks again for everyones votes! I will update when he hears something back from Google!

bread's done
Back