My wii's bigger than yours ... (Wii mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've found a decent place to get the GC parts. I'm working on a newer design at the moment, possibly a little shorter than the original and made out of white acrylic so I won't have to paint and sand. I really think I'm going to lose the LEDs though. My main problem at the moment is all the epoxy adhesives I have won't stick to acrylic, so I have to find an alternative to keep the ports in place. Ok, now before I drop a nice lump sum on acrylic sheets, adhesives, tools and other crap I have no other use for, I need to know if the few people who have been saying they want one ... actually want one. I'm estimating my cost at around $30 ea. and if I ebay & paypal them I can't see making any money for my time and labor for anything >$40. I just have to be sure that these will actually sell at $50+ before I spend money I don't have on supplies. Just let me know what you guys think. Thanks

[quote name='thegame1921']Wii Modification. AKA, modifying your Wii.[/quote]

In this case he has his Wii enlarged because his small, tiny Wii just wasn't working for him.

[quote name='snipegod']If it's money you don't have, then the answer is "no" unless you have them prepay or rob a mini-mart.[/QUOTE]

... ok it's "money" I don't have but it's "credit" I'll use

I've ordered some samples of various kinds of acrylic, white, mirror, carbon fiber, etc. I hope to have them within the week. I have to run a few tests and "work" with it until I feel comfortable enough to actually order the material to make a few of these. My intentions are to make a lot of about 4 - 6 white ones in the next couple months and put them on ebay. If everything goes well then I might branch off into other colors, maybe even a mirrored ones. I'd like to get a black case for my Wii, like the Shockii & Chuckii and then make a black one of these for myself.

Ran into this AMAZING mod/addition after researching things for my new Wii. I know for sure that I want one of these made for my Wii, if Hollow still makes them, and i've shown this to a couple of my fellow Wii buddies, and they said after I get mine and see how it is, that they DEFINITELY want one of there own too.

Just to ask you Hollow, whats the dimensions of the empty space inside? I ask because I want to place my external drive inside this mod/addition instead of it sitting beside my Wii. I run all of my homebrew and backups off my dedicated Wii external, and would really like to utilize this as a way to incorporate it into the look of my Wii.

I love it! Where did you get the lighted GC ports from? I'd like to take a crack at this myself.
EDIT: haha, I see what you did now. I thought the light and port were an assembly. nevermind.

Awesome job though, I must say.

Wasn't hard this addon is a sexy piece of equipment. I just wish I could get hollowfreak to make me one, or to make me a custom one of these for my Wii ; ;

@Gunnm, yes there is a way, do a google search for Wii Homebrew and start doing your research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back