My World My Way $19.99 NEW at GameStop

[quote name='macuseros9']For me its because they are selling a game they most likely took home and played and then bring it back and sell it NEW even though it should be sold for 5-10 dollars less as used w/ the 10% edge discount. They sold me a gutted copy of Blue dragon last week as new and when I got it home it was scratched scuffed and stained from trying to clean. If I wanted that I would have saved the $5 and paid used.[/QUOTE]

It's people desparate enough to play the game that they will buy 'nused'... that this tactic still continues.

If gamers would aviod this and they stockpile games... eventually something different will happen.

But this is like one of those, if everyone stops buying gas for 1 day... it'll lower the price of gas... BS.

I always inspect if I'm buying open but new... and if it's not to my satisfaction, I return.... But... I don't buy new at GS.... never, unless it's online and they send me sealed, much like the Gamesday stuff.

[quote name='slidecage']game will NEVER see the light of day over here sad to say[/quote]

It wouldnt be a good idea here seeing how sales for the DS version tanked. Just too bad.

Dang, I'd much rather get anything for the PSP. Oh well.

And yeah, I *ONLY* buy stuff from Gamestop that I can physically see up on the shelf, unopened. I'm not buying their used junk, and hate their attitude when they think I shouldn't have a problem with buying used.

I passed on Valkriye Chronicles for $30 because of that. What was so stupid is apperently they were unoppened until the sale started.

I don't know why I bother with the game days sales anymore. Same thing last year. I show up, and everything's opened, and I leave.

I'm no fan of gutted copies, but local used copies are way too far away and I do not have time to visit two GSs, much less six.

A nearby GS had it in its store locator and now the lone copy is mine. Been waiting for this one, but $30 was just too much for me.

I feel that for PSP and DS games though it doesn't matter if its used really. discs i have a problem with. blockbuster uses separate display cases, why can't GS?

Also, what you do is buy the new copy because they make less off of it.

Oh well...just like some of you I picked up the game for $30 a few weeks ago since it is so damn hard to find. Luckily, a Gamestop near my home had a sealed copy (I think it was the last sealed copy in the store). I might pick up a used copy with coupon to someday play the game.

I don't mind that I paid retail for it since I like to collect Atlus titles. And, since it already went out of print so quickly (about a month after release. how many games do that nowadays?), the sales were probably decent for a low-print run title. I think Steal Princess might be the next Atlus DS title that'll be hard to find after release.

Also...the game was selling for $50+, but now on Amazon it's dropped to about $40...used and new copies. Funny too because now there are a lot more listing. A few weeks ago...there must've been like 3 new listing and 1 used.

I kinda forgot about this game because the reviews weren't exactly the best. But it did sound like a neat premise... might see if one of the stores near me has a copy since that is a fairly good price.

Seriously wtf is wrong with you guys... if your getting DAMAGED disks from the store turn them the hell into Corp.. and they will get in freaken tons of trouble...... To bad that probably isnt even the truth as your just jumping on a popular bash gamestop bandwagon.. For a store to get better (ANY STORE) customers are required to provide feedback its part of being a consumer, Shit does not magicly fix its self.

I dont like my games opened either btw but my god the speculation is killer... and btw its against gamestop policy to check out DS games unless they ARE used. So if it is happening again, since you hate the store, workers ect so very much with a passion get them fired by calling corp.

What are you going on about? We just hate guts that's all. Also, I don't see GameStop changing there ways unless some kind of suit sways them that way which would probably never get to court in the first place.

Found a used copy yesterday. wanted the new one but was gutted so i figured there wasn't a difference except i can save money on the used one with my edge. so for $16.19 i don't care that its not actually sealed.

Picked up a sealed copy today, thanks OP :)

However, I wonder if I should wait to open it if there's a PSP version in the works. I'd rather play on that.

I know its off topic (like much of these posts are) but I don't see any issues with buying used PS3 games. They are nearly impossible to scratch.

[quote name='VACRMH']Picked up a sealed copy today, thanks OP :)

However, I wonder if I should wait to open it if there's a PSP version in the works. I'd rather play on that.[/quote]

If you plan on picking up the Japanese version on the PSP, since there is no way it will ever release here for the PSP since it did so poorly on the DS. Still a decent game regardless of the system.

I grabbed a sealed copy today at my local Gamestop. I was afraid I would have to go to multiple stores to find a sealed copy, but the first one had it.

I've been wanting it for a while, but I guess I'll wait a little bit just to see if it becomes rare. No big deal if it doesn't; I'll just open it up and play it.

[quote name='Squarehard']If you plan on picking up the Japanese version on the PSP, since there is no way it will ever release here for the PSP since it did so poorly on the DS. Still a decent game regardless of the system.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'd much rather play in english. I'll open it up when I get a chance to play ;)

Picked up a copy today. Even better, I had picked up a copy of Afro Samurai PS3 from the Target clearance and just happened to ask what it traded in for before I paid. Long story short, I got a new, sealed copy of My World, My Way for $8.

The premise of the game sounds fun enough for me. And being from Atlus and all, I think I might have to pick this one up sooner than later!

[quote name='thelonepig']Picked up a copy today. Even better, I had picked up a copy of Afro Samurai PS3 from the Target clearance and just happened to ask what it traded in for before I paid. Long story short, I got a new, sealed copy of My World, My Way for $8.[/QUOTE]

the trade in value for afro samurai mustve been pretty low, lol

[quote name='Squarehard']the trade in value for afro samurai mustve been pretty low, lol[/quote]

Well, I got Afro Samurai for $7 and traded it in for $19.80 after edge ($18 normally). Had to pay an extra dollar to take care of the tax. :D

finally found a sealed copy of the game after going to like 5 stores. every store was a gut previous to this one, WTF! but glad i was able to get a sealed one in the end

[quote name='macuseros9']Yeah I caught my local Gamestop in the Gutting Act.
Told me it was a brand new copy never been touched. Just gutted for the Shelf.
all three disc were scratched with rings from an unbalanced 360, and stained from trying to clean the disc.

Took it back called him an idiot and got a fresh sealed copy with security sticker intact.[/quote]

Ugh, isn't this a DS game?

[quote name='Pavelboca']Ugh, isn't this a DS game?[/quote]

Yeah, I think he was just talking more about the gutting and not really directed to this thread. Just in general. You know :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, I think he was just talking more about the gutting and not really directed to this thread. Just in general. You know :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, gutting talk tends to pop up in a lot of these Gamestop threads :)

Well I picked up the game new (but not sealed) last Saturday and have played it a bit... the story and concept of the game are really cool but as reviews stated the game can be a little monotonous since the "quests" mostly feel like MMO style killing and collecting sprees. Still for $20 I'm not disappointed.

bread's done
Back