Mythos Beta

mardorion

CAG Veteran
I unfortunately heard about this game after they cancelled invites and haven't been able to play. Fortunately I have read on their forums that invites will be coming back either today or tomorrow! If anyone is in the beta
and could invite me in it would be much appreciated. You can send the invite to [email protected]

I'm also wondering if this game is like Fate but a little more mature/in-depth. I enjoyed the dungeon crawl and the monster design immensely but having a little cat follow around a little kid got tiring after 60 or 70 levels.

Thanks in advance!

Definitely excited to play this. From what I've seen/heard on the 1up podcasts this seems like a game I would play. Alot.

None of you are getting one unless you sign up on their website. That's the only invite system they're considering reinstating, as you'll only be needed to do stress tests on the server before it goes open beta.

[quote name='whitereflection']None of you are getting one unless you sign up on their website. That's the only invite system they're considering reinstating, as you'll only be needed to do stress tests on the server before it goes open beta.[/quote]

http://forums.mythos.com/showthread.php?t=16414&page=3
The post from TaylorBalbi (their community manager) explains that they are in fact bringing back e-mail invites for the beta. Once they launched the new mythos.com they disabled both e-mail invites and the ability to sign up on the website. I have been following this very closely on the forums. ;-)

You can sign up on their site...I just entered my e-mail and then it gives you the message:

" Thank you for the submission! You will be allowed into the Mythos Beta Test just as soon as we are capable of accommodating you.

Thanks again for your interest in Mythos. "

-- Flagship Studios

[quote name='mardorion']http://forums.mythos.com/showthread.php?t=16414&page=3
The post from TaylorBalbi (their community manager) explains that they are in fact bringing back e-mail invites for the beta. Once they launched the new mythos.com they disabled both e-mail invites and the ability to sign up on the website. I have been following this very closely on the forums. ;-)[/QUOTE]

I know. Here's the important part: "The system I am referring to of course is the e-mail entry one."

That came directly from your link.

Edit: Okay, I realize that doesn't help clarify anything. In the closed beta test, players got invites by signing up (and having it e-mailed to them from the devs) or referred from an already active player (also e-mailed). The e-mail system they're talking about is signing up and being invited by the devs.

[quote name='whitereflection']I know. Here's the important part: "The system I am referring to of course is the e-mail entry one."

That came directly from your link.

Edit: Okay, I realize that doesn't help clarify anything. In the closed beta test, players got invites by signing up (and having it e-mailed to them from the devs) or referred from an already active player (also e-mailed). The e-mail system they're talking about is signing up and being invited by the devs.[/quote]

Gotcha. They must have just put that signup link on the website in the last 2 hours. I put in my e-mail and am waiting expectantly:D

I've been in the beta since the level cap was 10 (last august) and even though they seem to have put the sign-up box back , as far as I can tell I have no invites to send out (sorry everyone).

Is anyone here actually already in the beta? I kinda wanna find someone to party up with.

For all you people who put your e-mails in the entry box I'll say that it might take a while before they send you your invite. when I gave them my e-mail in july it took them over a month to send me my invite and this was before anyone had heard of the game (thanks 1up show)

for anyone who has looked at screenshots and videos I'll say that the game is just as fun as it looks. the 3 classes have a lot of customization options since they all have 3 very distinct skill trees and there is no right or wrong build to have unlike in some asian MMO's *cough*maplestory*cough*

[quote name='kenkaze']I've been in the beta since the level cap was 10 (last august) and even though they seem to have put the sign-up box back , as far as I can tell I have no invites to send out (sorry everyone).

Is anyone here actually already in the beta? I kinda wanna find someone to party up with.

For all you people who put your e-mails in the entry box I'll say that it might take a while before they send you your invite. when I gave them my e-mail in july it took them over a month to send me my invite and this was before anyone had heard of the game (thanks 1up show)

for anyone who has looked at screenshots and videos I'll say that the game is just as fun as it looks. the 3 classes have a lot of customization options since they all have 3 very distinct skill trees and there is no right or wrong build to have unlike in some asian MMO's *cough*maplestory*cough*[/QUOTE]

yes I am in the beta sn is evilmojo I am level 28( or 27) bloodseter. the third area is simply amazing in my opinion. not sure what i think about the crafting yet

Well the beta sign up form is up now, but player invites are still missing. From what I've read the new system won't be using invites.

[quote name='darthbudge']Could anyone send me out an invite? Some else on CAG sent me one, but it was back when I was on Dial up and never used it. Now the link seems to not work anymore.

[email protected][/quote]Sorry, but the old buddy invite system is dead. You have to sign up the website to get an invite now, and invitations are sent out in bursts.

From what I've been reading, the invites right now are still for closed beta so expect your characters to be wiped during open beta.

[quote name='evilmojo12542']yes I am in the beta sn is evilmojo I am level 28( or 27) bloodseter. the third area is simply amazing in my opinion. not sure what i think about the crafting yet[/quote]
I added you to my buddies in the game:)
my main (Kakuro) is a level 21 bloodletter (red hand).
I found that the crafting is kinda pointless since it's already so easy to get good drops if you have a high luck (mine is like 100)

[quote name='Hostile']From what I've been reading, the invites right now are still for closed beta so expect your characters to be wiped during open beta.[/quote]
pretty much everyone who's in the closed beta knows that their characters are going to be wiped. from what I've read on the mythos forums people just want to keep their character names. so instead of deleting them they want them all to be reset to lvl 1 and get their inventories also wiped.

I signed up for this and forgot about it. I still have yet to get into the beta. I just singed up for it again. Reminds me some what of diablo so I hope this will give me my diablo fix unlike hellgate.

The mythos beta has been infected with cheap-asserdom with the creation of the CAG guild. contact me (kakuro) in game for invite.

I wonder when they are going to send out more beta invites. I have signed up twice now and still have yet to get one.

I just got it too!!!!! Not going to get all hardcore into it but later this summer ill probly drop a good chunk of time into it since im done with the crack that is WoW FOREVER......

So hit me up!!!! Level 3 Gadgeteer " MetalicSand " :bouncy:
Will probly get on everyday for alittle bit

This game is totally giving me a nostalgic Diablo 2 feeling and it fucking feels great.

Edit: Feel free to add me, And also if theres a guild started up im cool with that too.

Just started today (well, last night) too. I hate the beginning of these games where I have no idea about the skill tree and stuff.

I always just level up forever and not spend points and get owned so much till im forced to finally go down a tree and spend points lol. Im just crazy like that.... I like having my points :cry:

Anyone in the beta add me!!!!!

I had some fun playing with Metalic and BMoD but I'll say that it's a bit ridiculous destroying low level dungeons with summons.

[quote name='kenkaze']I had some fun playing with Metalic and BMoD but I'll say that it's a bit ridiculous destroying low level dungeons with summons.[/quote]

I was suprised by how much XP i was getting by you doing that lol. In most games helping such a low level character grind through stuff gives little to no XP.

Could have just been the quest completetion but either way it was awesome!!!:bouncy:

Forgot about this. Have wanted in the beta for so long and just saw I had the email about it. I'm downloading it now but have to go to work soon. I plan on being on around 5 central. that is after I get it installed and everything set up.

[quote name='Metalic']I was suprised by how much XP i was getting by you doing that lol. In most games helping such a low level character grind through stuff gives little to no XP.

Could have just been the quest completetion but either way it was awesome!!!:bouncy:[/quote]
well considering that I was getting no experience from doing it you better have been getting some good XP.:lol:

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Just started last night, name is MrUnoriginal. Anyone planning on starting a CAG guild?[/quote]
Yes the CAG guilld already exists and so far it's me,metalic,Bmod, and mardorion

[quote name='kenkaze']well considering that I was getting no experience from doing it you better have been getting some good XP.:lol:

Yes the CAG guilld already exists and so far it's me,metalic,Bmod, and mardorion[/QUOTE]

Well how can one join?

I signed up for the beta yesterday but haven't received an email yet. I hope I get in this game looks like a lot of fun.

Has Mythos improved since last year? I remember playing it then but it was so unpolished that it was difficult for me to play. (I.E. It felt like the game Silverfall back when it launched.)

EDIT: Redownloaded the client and created a character. Yeah, it's much improved since then. I wouldn't mind giving it some play time for a while.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Well how can one join?[/quote]
just contact me in-game. my character's name is kakuro and the easiest way to know if I'm online is to just add me to your buddy list (no buddy confirmation required). I think the guild invites only work if you're online.

The character wipe is going to suck so badly when they go open beta. I've already invested a dozen hours in a few days and I hope they do enough to get me back after I lose everything.

grrrrr....I put in my email address weeks ago and didn't get an invite :(

For safe measure, I put my extra, spam-free gmail account in. Here's hoping that much works.

Played a few days now -off and on- I hate that there is no ability to change chat colors and that there is no battle dialoge or battle chat or whatever you call it. Also I would like to see the hits go up over their heads or whatever.

Anyway I am liking it so far but I did nothing special when I made my character. I see some ppl who did elite and that other thing.

Name in game is BREVITY.

I'm not really into this as much as I had hopped to be. It is good but seems like a cartoonish diablo. The sad thing is this being in beta has less bugs in it then hellgate london.

bread's done
Back