N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

Hi,

I have an N-GAGE QD that is a demonstration unit and can only be used with games.

Is there anyway to unlock these units?

I have the calculator and know my IMEI # but what would my servicer be?

Let me know if anyone has had any luck unlocking one of these.

Thanks

[quote name='gaggil']Hi,

I have an N-GAGE QD that is a demonstration unit and can only be used with games.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
from what i have seen, it appears that it's the firmware that's limited. it would have to be flashed with a working firmware. if i'm wrong, then some please post what is needed.

[quote name='gaggil']Hi,

Thanks[/quote]

Mine was also a demo unit. But it worked fine with with my TMobile sim (without unlocking). Maybe you just have to unlock it normally.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Mine was also a demo unit. But it worked fine with with my TMobile sim (without unlocking). Maybe you just have to unlock it normally.[/QUOTE]
there were some "not for resale" qds released for in-store demo use only, not sure if the originals had the same.

anyone agree that for even $50 this was a great deal? at first i would've only bought it for $20, but i was able to find only 1 ngage qd at the 9 or 10 stores i went to.. its just a cool phone to have and i even use it as my everyday phone rather than my nokia 3650. all its missing is a camera phone, but not a big deal. only problem is no eb/gs carry any games around here. you owuld think a place like the bay area, would at least have a couple games. but anyways, for $50 the phone itelf is just worth it. since i almost gave in and spent $100+ for a razr or sidekick 2 recently

For around 100

$53 N-gage QD
$63 Twenty games
$7 Car adapter
$7 Red case
----
$130

I needed a new phone. I like every one of the 20 games I own. I have a phone that I can play with emu's and sort out contacts. Good stuff

I just got back from snagging another QD from my closest Gamestop for another CAG. To my surprise, the girl said they still had 7 units in the back! I think I may just grab another for myself, just in case:) .

I've grabbed two for other CAGs now, and would be willing to go back for more, but keep in mind that this GS is 30 minutes from my house (each way) and price would include cost+shipping+PayPal fee+about $10 extra for time and gas.

Edit: These are the $49.99 blister packs...sorry for any confusion!

[quote name='maccabee72']I just got back from snagging another QD from my closest Gamestop for another CAG. To my surprise, the girl said they still had 7 units in the back! I think I may just grab another for myself, just in case:) .

I've grabbed two for other CAGs now, and would be willing to go back for more, but keep in mind that this GS is 30 minutes from my house (each way) and price would include cost+shipping+PayPal fee+about $10 extra for time and gas.[/quote]

Do they have the $20 ones, or only the $50 blister-pack ones?

[quote name='waxHead']Do they have the $20 ones, or only the $50 blister-pack ones?[/quote]

I fixed it in my topic. They were the $49.99 blister packs. Still a great deal IMO!

that is a great deal, and you can supply people with systems...er...phones.
at about what, $65-$75 you get a symbian based phone that has some good games and you can install apps on (how many non-symbian phones can do that, besides the windows mobile based ones), then games at $3 a pop (if your area has them) and the cost seems worth it. then to top it off with maccabee72's itrader rep and you have a win/win situation.

i'm looking to get more games for it, what are the 5 best games you would recommend?

so far i got :
tomb raider
splinter cell
ghostrecon
sonic n
tiger woods
rayman 3
fifa
colin mcrae

Glmmerati
Asphalt
Pocket Kingdom
Tony Hawk
SSX

those are off the top of my head... there are some other really good ones, my memory just sucks.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Glmmerati
Asphalt
Pocket Kingdom
Tony Hawk
SSX

those are off the top of my head... there are some other really good ones, my memory just sucks.[/QUOTE]

ashen is also not so bad for a fps...runs smooth
one if you're into fighting (try the 30% complete demo at http://arena.n-gage.com)
bomberman (some framerate issues, but it's bomberman)
the xmen legends games are tough, but good (and contain fmv)
snakes (free 3d upgrade to the old snake game, at http://arena.n-gage.com)

also, there are demos for games at http://arena.n-gage.com if you want to check out ouw a game plays before you dish out full price if you can't find it elsewhere

[quote name='maccabee72']Thanks for the heads up! I ordered one with a $5.99 card reader. Now I can finally unlock the full potential of my N-gage....whoo hoo:D[/QUOTE]

You got that right, I've got a 256MB card from my old Nokia 3650 that I've been using and it's just not cutting it. 1 gig should be just right :)

I've been enjoying watching video podcasts like Diggnation and InDigital on the N-Gage. Now I can put even more on there, along with more MP3's and games.

BTW, what would you guys suggest as an optimum bitrate for MP3's on the N-Gage? My 192 kbps files seem like overkill with the QD's low quality output. I was thinking about re-encoding them to 128 so I could fit more on at a time.

[quote name='rly723']i also have a nokia 3650, the mmc card is much bigger and wont fir in the ngage qd[/quote]

You are putting it into the slot where the games go, right? I thought all mmc cards are the same size.....

[quote name='maccabee72']You are putting it into the slot where the games go, right? I thought all mmc cards are the same size.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah they're all the same size. He's doing something wrong...

The 3650 comes with only a 16MB card out of the box. It's completely black. I had upgraded to a KingMax 256MB card. In the 3650 it installed behind the battery but on the N-Gage it plugs into the game card slot on the bottom of the phone.

Hi,

I have a demo unit and can play games with no problem.

When I turn the unit off and turn it on later it clears the memory and will not hold my game saves (This is what a demo unit does normally).

It says on the screen this is a demo unit and the phone side will not work.

I am looking for a way to keep my game save info. Can I purchase a memory card and backup before powering down and still have my game save data?

Would I be able to buy a prepaid sim-card and have it work properly.

I do not really need the phone side and am interested in having my game saves.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

I come back to town for a week's break between Spring and Summer semesters, and find that not long ago, my closest EB (Fleming Island) shipped off about 50 N-Gage items. Damn.

Fortunately, however, I found KOF at the mall EB. The Spiderman 2 I found was making me jump through hoops to buy it, so I just passed on it, since it seems I'm just buying games to collect them now.

[quote name='dafunkk12']

Fortunately, however, I found KOF at the mall EB. The Spiderman 2 I found was making me jump through hoops to buy it, so I just passed on it, since it seems I'm just buying games to collect them now.[/quote]

At $3 a pop, I'm definitely in the collection phase now:D

I'm up to 31 games and I have about another 16 on my list I'm going to try and find......

to bad some of the later releases didn't make it to eb..... i can't seem to find anything newer than glimmerati.....so no $2.99 ONE

[quote name='ashram']to bad some of the later releases didn't make it to eb..... i can't seem to find anything newer than glimmerati.....so no $2.99 ONE[/QUOTE]

I believe Glimmerati and Xanadu Next were the last two N-Gage releases they carried.

So these good N-Gage games you still have to buy through their website:
X-Men Legends 2
Asphault Urban GT 2
One
Mile High Pinball
Rifts
Civilization
etc.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I believe Glimmerati and Xanadu Next were the last two N-Gage releases they carried.

So these good N-Gage games you still have to buy through their website:
X-Men Legends 2
Asphault Urban GT 2
One
Mile High Pinball
Rifts
Civilization
etc.[/quote]

Damn, that pretty much makes up about half the games I still want to pick up:cry: . I picked up #32 + #33 today. I have about 13 more that I'd like to find!

On another note, I ended up talking yet another person into buying an N-Gage today. While I was at GS picking up yet another N-Gage for another CAG, one of their workers who I usually see there working, was there, but not working. The girl was like, "Another one?, I never thought we'd get down to 5 N-Gages left!". So, the guy started asking me about it and if I had mine on me, and I showed him the bells and whistles and he had the girl grab one from the back for him and put it aside. So, they're down to 4 now! I will probably go back to grab one more to keep in reserve, as I really dig this system/phone so far!

[quote name='maccabee72']Damn, that pretty much makes up about half the games I still want to pick up:cry: . I picked up #32 + #33 today. I have about 13 more that I'd like to find!

On another note, I ended up talking yet another person into buying an N-Gage today. While I was at GS picking up yet another N-Gage for another CAG, one of their workers who I usually see there working, was there, but not working. The girl was like, "Another one?, I never thought we'd get down to 5 N-Gages left!". So, the guy started asking me about it and if I had mine on me, and I showed him the bells and whistles and he had the girl grab one from the back for him and put it aside. So, they're down to 4 now! I will probably go back to grab one more to keep in reserve, as I really dig this system/phone so far![/QUOTE]

good job! reserves seem to be dwindling here in south florida....i tend to pick up 2-4 games whenever i get the chance...but still want sonicn....I WILL FIND IT!

If anyone is still looking for games that are sold in stores--i.e., not sold exclusively online--post here. I have a few I won't be keeping (I'm traveling, so I don't have the list at hand), and I will be stopping by the local Gamestop in the next couple of days, which has a number of Ngage games still on the shelves, so I would be willing to pick something up for those who need it.

Cost is $8 shipped per game.

Any chance you have any for trade?

[quote name='ashram']good job! reserves seem to be dwindling here in south florida....i tend to pick up 2-4 games whenever i get the chance...but still want sonicn....I WILL FIND IT![/quote]

I'm still looking for Roots.

Anyways, do any of you know where I can get a thin slip case for the QD? I'm looking for somthing like a neoprene cover. I've considered the GBA Micro sox, but...they look like socks. I'm thinking something like the thin slip case for the DS.

[quote name='solsovly']Any chance you have any for trade?[/QUOTE]

well, elder scrolls travels(opened, still mint), fifa 2004 (sealed), ncaa football 2004 (sealed) and tiger woods 2004 (sealed) i can trade... let me know what n-gage stuff you want to trade for....

I've found a good, free GG/SMS emuator, SMS Plus, and a free Genesis emulator, Picodrive. Picodrive plays great but it lacks sound support for the majority of games. I'm still looking for free emulators for the NES and maybe TG-16, do such programs yet exist?

[quote name='onikage']I've found a good, free GG/SMS emuator, SMS Plus, and a free Genesis emulator, Picodrive. Picodrive plays great but it lacks sound support for the majority of games. I'm still looking for free emulators for the NES and maybe TG-16, do such programs yet exist?[/QUOTE]
Go here: http://ngage.dcemu.co.uk/

Then scroll down and look for the N-Gage/Symbian section in the left column. If an emulator isn't listed there, it probably doesn't exist.

Doom also plays great on the N-Gage. However, don't get the Wildpalm version listed on that site. Theres a better version out there somewhere. I'll post a link here later if I can find it.

Quick question to make sure I'm understanding correctly:

If I unlock it, I'll be able to use Cingular, AT&T Wireless or T-Mobile with it, but NOT Sprint or Verizon? Is this right?

[quote name='heavy liquid']Quick question to make sure I'm understanding correctly:

If I unlock it, I'll be able to use Cingular, AT&T Wireless or T-Mobile with it, but NOT Sprint or Verizon? Is this right?[/QUOTE]

sounds right

[quote name='D. Monic']For those interested, Newegg just restocked the Transcend 1GB MMC for about $30 shipped. According to several user reviews, this card works great with the N-Gage QD and other Nokia phones.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820163155[/QUOTE]

I got my Transcend MMC card from Newegg today and it's not recognized by both my PC and my Mac. I've got a 256 card that works fine on the same reader for both machines so I'm thinking there might be a problem with the card itself. Anyone else having problems?

[quote name='K3V']I got my Transcend MMC card from Newegg today and it's not recognized by both my PC and my Mac. I've got a 256 card that works fine on the same reader for both machines so I'm thinking there might be a problem with the card itself. Anyone else having problems?[/quote]

I got my card reader from Newegg today, but my transcend is supposed to arrive on Monday. I'll let you know what happens when mine gets here.....

On another note, does anyone know of any sites where I can pay to download movies in the N-Gage format? I don't have a DVD player on my computer, and I think that would be my only hope to get movies on my N-Gage.

[quote name='K3V']I got my Transcend MMC card from Newegg today and it's not recognized by both my PC and my Mac. I've got a 256 card that works fine on the same reader for both machines so I'm thinking there might be a problem with the card itself. Anyone else having problems?[/QUOTE]
Did you try popping it into the QD itself and formatting it?

[quote name='chior']man, how could I miss this deal. I check CAG almost everyday. just found this thread today. damn[/quote]

Yeah, this is quickly becoming deal of the year for me, even though I got one of the $49.99 N-Gages. I quickly built a collection of the $3 games, and I haven't even touched 90% of them because I can't put down the few I've been getting into (Colin McRae, Rayman 3, Sims Bustin out, X-men Legends, Tiger Woods....and I have yet to even open the highest rated ones:roll: )......

[quote name='D. Monic']Did you try popping it into the QD itself and formatting it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did that and the N-Gage seems to recognize it OK but still no luck on the computer(s). I'll try my card reader at work before shipping it back for a replacement.

For all of you who have an n-gage and have played movies on it how is the quality? The screen looks really small that it could ruin watching the movie.

[quote name='maccabee72']Yeah, this is quickly becoming deal of the year for me, even though I got one of the $49.99 N-Gages. I quickly built a collection of the $3 games, and I haven't even touched 90% of them because I can't put down the few I've been getting into (Colin McRae, Rayman 3, Sims Bustin out, X-men Legends, Tiger Woods....and I have yet to even open the highest rated ones:roll: )......[/QUOTE]
Hopefully I can find one tomorrow. I need one, I hate my razor.

Aww, how am I so late on seeing this? I've had my N-Gage since August, and the frekaing rubber lining on it has been falling apart for the past few weeks now. It's like on the verge of being completely off and I see no method of really fixing it. It'd have been great to just pick up another for a cool $20, but I doubt I'll have any chance of finding one at a EB anymore.

[quote name='onikage']I've found a good, free GG/SMS emuator, SMS Plus, and a free Genesis emulator, Picodrive. Picodrive plays great but it lacks sound support for the majority of games. I'm still looking for free emulators for the NES and maybe TG-16, do such programs yet exist?[/quote]

I had one NES emulator, but the framerate was too choppy for me. Perhaps I was doing something wrong, but regardless of what I tried, it just felt sort of clunky and sort of awkward...especially compared to the GB/GBC emulator I use, which plays absolutely flawlessly.

[quote name='assassinX']For all of you who have an n-gage and have played movies on it how is the quality? The screen looks really small that it could ruin watching the movie.[/quote]

Well, I have only watched videos on my N-Gage in Smartmovie and I thought it worked. Yeah, the screen was small, but if you can get passed that, everything pretty much synced up so I suppose it all falls on personal preference. Technically, it works.

bread's done
Back