N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='TheValeman']Wow!!

You got 11 games coming? Fantastic. Which ones are from that list you gave?
[/quote]From my post #955, here's the 11 I'm getting:

Kobe Bryant
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
Vigilante 8 - 2nd offense
War Gods
Micro Machines
NFL Blitz 2000
PGA European Tour
Fifa 98
South Park Rally
Army Men Sarge's Heroes

[quote name='Backlash']I kept all my boxes for NES, SNES, and N64 for years, from like age 11 up through college. And then when I moved to Texas 5 years ago I thought "Why the hell did I keep all these? I don't need them" and threw them all away :([/quote]

Dumbass ...... how could you away that wonderful box for the Midway Arcade Hits .... its like super rare now dont cha know? ROFLMAO

Just kidding around .... but seriously .... that garage sale story's getting old. I reckon you just dont want to own up to being the only person who ever bought it. I reckon the rest are sitting in that landfill beside ET for Atari 2600:lol:

[quote name='SMMM']arrrggg...the boxes I ordered still haven't come. Oh well, doesn't matter. You already got the ones I ordered now lol[/quote]

Did you get it sent with Insurance? If yes then you should be covered.

What was the feedback like for the guy you got them off? [Assuming ebay]

I had 2 games not turn up and the guy said no insurance as I didn't ask. But it was my first EBAY from UK so I learnt my lesson and all stuff coming from USA has Insurance now so I don get a repeat of it.

Painful though as I lost Castlevania and Amorines PAL versions which would have given us 2 more Complete games. Now there's no chance unless someone in UK like Ross484 gets them as I'm into US games now.

Yeah .... I hust stumbled onto 3 auctions with multiple games .... and got them for a good price. Great getting all those wrestling games brand new. Not that I'll ever play them....cant stand wrestling. But they look good on the shelf

[quote name='SMMM']http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZchristyb3713QQhtZ-1

Here's someone selling a bunch of complete games. I was going to bid on his Mystical Ninja, but someone used BIN >_< agh, I can't win.[/quote]

I hate it when they ship to Canada,US and nowhere else. I've asked the question...just waiting on an answer... as Turok and Namco Museum could both do with scanning. Chameleon would be a neat buy too but it has BIG Walmart stickers on it and it would be 50/50 whether they come off without damaging it.

Don't you hate it when games come up when yer broke ... LOL

[quote name='TheValeman']Dumbass ...... how could you away that wonderful box for the Midway Arcade Hits .... its like super rare now dont cha know? ROFLMAO

Just kidding around .... but seriously .... that garage sale story's getting old. I reckon you just dont want to own up to being the only person who ever bought it. I reckon the rest are sitting in that landfill beside ET for Atari 2600:lol:[/QUOTE]

Heh heh. Of course I have a few games that I got used and never had the box for, which are the ones we still don't have scans for anyway (e.g. Midway Arcade and Space Invaders). They'll show up eventually.

And I have ET for the 2600 right there in my living room. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Cart only of course.

E.T for 2600 in the living room? Ahhhh ..... I see ..... suppose with the right frame it does look pretty cool mounted on the wall ..... hehe

Is Space Invaders any good? Just that I see it for sale brand new on EBAY all the time but $15-$20 so wondering if it's actually good enoughto justify that price? Same for Midway....

If anyone's interested in a really really difficult to find game ..... look at this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8279861435&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I've seen it cart only like 3 or 4 times and once or twice boxed ... most of the time the boxes in pretty bad condition. This one looks nice. Might be of interest to someone. No idea about the game....never seen it in PAL either...

Note that I only put these up as a matter of interest in case someone has been looking for the game. Not putting pressure on anyone to buy if they dont actually want it or anything like that. Just that in my obsessive pursuit of new games as yet unscanned I occassionally stumble on a game I've never seen before so it makes sense to advertise it here in case someone's given up looking for it due to it being "uncommon"

Cheers

[quote name='TheValeman']E.T for 2600 in the living room? Ahhhh ..... I see ..... suppose with the right frame it does look pretty cool mounted on the wall ..... hehe

Is Space Invaders any good? Just that I see it for sale brand new on EBAY all the time but $15-$20 so wondering if it's actually good enoughto justify that price? Same for Midway....

If anyone's interested in a really really difficult to find game ..... look at this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8279861435&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I've seen it cart only like 3 or 4 times and once or twice boxed ... most of the time the boxes in pretty bad condition. This one looks nice. Might be of interest to someone. No idea about the game....never seen it in PAL either...

Note that I only put these up as a matter of interest in case someone has been looking for the game. Not putting pressure on anyone to buy if they dont actually want it or anything like that. Just that in my obsessive pursuit of new games as yet unscanned I occassionally stumble on a game I've never seen before so it makes sense to advertise it here in case someone's given up looking for it due to it being "uncommon"

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I bid on it

Space Invaders is fairly fun but it's really short and easy. My wife and I enjoy beating it together occasionally, as it's one of the few fun two-player co-op games on the N64. I think I got it cart-only for under $10 on ebay though.

Shadowgate 64 - I don't know how fun this one is, but I really enjoyed the original when it first came out, despite some really horrible game design flaws in one or two places. I still have it, in fact.

I know this is offtopic....but I'm going to try here because the PS1 thread seems to be....dead.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can download DVD covers for these?

Tomb Raider 1&2
RE 3
Silent Hill
Dino Crisis 1&2
Gran Turismo 1
Twisted Metal 2

If the other thread is dead (though you could bump it with your question) then start a new thread. This is pretty far off topic for this thread.

But, I think there's some site called cdcovers.com or something like that you can try.

[quote name='ZForce915']Request for Pokemon Stadium and Snowboard Kids 2[/quote]

We don't take requests ....... :)

Seriously though ... I upped Pokemon Stadium to Snack-bar a while ago and it's disappeared into the ether so I'll re-up it when I get home from work today.

Snowboard Kids 2? Yeah .... I want that game but it's incredibly difficult to find on EBAY. Because we dont have the cover I've been looking at boxed games only. Most of the time it's turned up as part of a large collection only and I lost out bidding on the last lot ..... sigh!!

OK, to update... Here's the ones I'm looking for - if anyone can help.

Blues Brothers 2000
Bottom of the 9th
A Bug's Life
Bust a Move 2
Duke Nukem 64
FIFA '99
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
NBA Courtside - Featuring Kobe Bryant
NBA In the Zone '99
NBA Jam 2000
NHL Blades of Steel '99
NHL Breakaway '98 (I have the box for this, and I thought I already scanned and uploaded it)
NHL Breakaway '99
Triple Play 2000
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

Almost there!!

NHL 99 is already on Snack-bar .... is that different to NHL Breakaway 99? American Sport games are so confusing being named so similar :roll:

I put up NHL Breakaway 98 PAL but if you have the box for the US version if you re-scan it we can whack that off the Incomplete list.

I was going to buy Triple Play 2000 once I've got my Visa bill under control as you can get it boxed for dirt cheap.... $5-$7 on EBAY. I'm interested in getting Duke Nukem 64 and A Bug's Life too. But Battle Zone - Rise of the Red Dogs take's precedence over everything [ including the wife ] .. hehe

I won Shadowgate. Then I noticed he only takes money orders. d'oh. oh well, guess I'll to go get one at a gas station or something.

Paypal has spoiled me.

[quote name='SMMM']I won Shadowgate. Then I noticed he only takes money orders. d'oh. oh well, guess I'll to go get one at a gas station or something.

Paypal has spoiled me.[/quote]

Fantastic.

I wondered about that. Let us know your impressions of the game as I've never even seen it down under. Yeah ... I noticed it didn't have PAYPAL which is why it put me out of the bidding. Hence putting the link on the forum in case someone was interested.

[quote name='SMMM']I won Shadowgate. Then I noticed he only takes money orders. d'oh. oh well, guess I'll to go get one at a gas station or something.

Paypal has spoiled me.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Definitely let us know how it is, as I've always wondered. Did you ever play the original (on NES)?

Actually, the money order thing may work out, as I am also watching a "Batman the Animated Series - Volume One " DVD set that's insanely cheap, and the guy only takes money orders as well. So, I'll just kill 2 birds with one stone tomorrow.

[quote name='SMMM']Actually, the money order thing may work out, as I am also watching a "Batman the Animated Series - Volume One " DVD set that's insanely cheap, and the guy only takes money orders as well. So, I'll just kill 2 birds with one stone tomorrow.[/quote]

Excellent. Well ...... I don't know what you're bidding on ..... but hey ...... it sounds good

Seriously though .... great work securing Shadowgate 64.

I'm working with another member here to try and secure a copy of Battle Zone so could everyone here make sure they dont bid on
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8281181152&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
please so we can keep the price down as low as possible. We already have the box coming seperately to complete it. If anyone has the game cart and needs a manual let me know and if we win it I'll pdf it for the cause along with converting the box scan. Hopefully that'll knock another one off the list :)

Awesome SMMM! I was going to bid on it once I got home today, but the auction ended. Still, I am glad that someone got the game for this project.

A little eBay secret is that you can make a good deal with an item on ebay if the person does not use PayPal.

Good luck on the Battle Zone game, but it was a really bad game.

Looking around on eBay I discovered a very rare developer cart of Bust-A-Move - This is really cool!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8280927655&fromMakeTrack=true

Also Dev Kit for Aidyn Chronicles - http://cgi.ebay.com/Aidyn-Chronicles-Nintendo-64-N64-long-cart-media-vr-RPG_W0QQitemZ8280184457QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Turok 3 -
http://cgi.ebay.com/Turok-3-Nintendo-64-N64-long-cart-press-media-version_W0QQitemZ8280924926QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and Worms Armageddon -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Worms-Armageddon-N64-Nintendo-64-development-disk_W0QQitemZ8280188675QQcategoryZ3580QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very cool!

[quote name='4tygames']

Looking around on eBay I discovered a very rare developer cart of Bust-A-Move - This is really cool!
Also Dev Kit for Aidyn Chronicles -
Turok 3 -
and Worms Armageddon -

Very cool![/quote]

Man you find some weird crap :D

Dunno what they'll do for the covers cause but still .... bragging rights I suppose. I saw a dev SF 2049 PAL cart on EBAY UK as well. Bleeding ugly aren't they. Gives yer N64 a dang seedy look from a distance if yer drunk I bet!!!

Why was Battlezone crap? I love the PC versions. I want it just because it's available for N64. People say the same about Hydro Thunder too and I enjoy that one so different strokes for different folks I guess.

Hey ... look at Backlash. He bought Midway Arcade Hits ...... ROFL

EDIT. Holy crap ..... IGN's review gave Battle Zone 3.9 out of 10. Then I see Gamespot gave it 7.3 out of 10. Geez .... who do you believe?
Maybe Backlash got the better game after all. Man .... having to admit that. Oh the pain ...the pain!!!

Oh well ..... if I get it for $2.00 it wont be too big a burden.

[quote name='TheValeman']NHL 99 is already on Snack-bar .... is that different to NHL Breakaway 99? American Sport games are so confusing being named so similar :roll:[/quote]

Yea, the breakaway series is different than the NHL series.

I'm trying to avoid PAL version covers if possible. ;-)

I'll scan it tomorrow and put it up somewhere...

[quote name='Schenley']I'm uploading NHL Breakaway 98 raw scans now.

http://www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

They are bigger than my previous files. I scanned at 600 dpi. I'm guessing that last time I did them at 300 dpi. What's easiest for you?[/quote]

Nah!! What's 15mb's per scan between friends? :)

I'll download them, convert the cover and resize to 300dpi to get a cover that can be upped to Snack-bar. They drop their drawers when a file exceeds approx 6.5mbs so I have to downsize to 300dpi anyway.

EDIT. Got them .....

[quote name='Schenley']So, I'm better off scanning at 300, right?

I'm deleting them from my server space...[/quote]

Yep .... the front page instructions refer to 300dpi. Mainly because that's the common print rez and also because file sizes are insane with 600dpi.

Hehe .... makes for a good piccie though if you have the space to store it.

I'll resize it within Paintshop so dont bother re-scanning unless I have an issue.

Nice scans BTW .... very nice indeed. Just cleaning up a few faint cuts type issues etc and should be good to go. The backs interesting in that the red sidebar is prefectly square but writing in the centre isn't but the picture framing on the right as almost plumb. Has the box got a inward curve? I'll probably run with the sidebar being straight I think

EDIT. After consideration I adjusted my thinking and this is the result of Schenley's execellent scans

Upped the full version to Snack-bar ... put Schenley as contributor

[quote name='SMMM']Sent off the MO today, and I ordered a complete NTSC Blast Corps, so that should be coming sometime as well.

Also, I e-mailed the guy that never sent those 4 N64 games I won a while ago. No response yet..

EDIT: Here's a brand new Blues Brothers 2000 if any of you are interested. Good luck finding another one anytime soon...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blues-Brothers-2000-for-Nintendo-64-N64-New_W0QQitemZ8282197724QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

I already have Blast Corps coming ...see Message #881 pg 45. I dont know how good mine is though so if it arrives I'll wait for you to get yours so we get the best scan available.

Oh ..... I bought that Blues Brothers game :) Couldn't resist a new shrinkwrapped game.

Ha ha I think you have an addiction my friend :)

PS I am still waiting for my cousin to send me that picture from lunch. I'll send you a copy whenever I get one.

I have a mint copy of Shadowgate 64 that I can scan in. This project is awesome... exactly what I've been looking for as a storage solution for all of my N64 games. Anything like this for SNES games?

I'll read the beginning of this thread and figure out what to scan and then post it ASAP. I'll search through storage and see what else I can help out with.

[quote name='pinion247']I have a mint copy of Shadowgate 64 that I can scan in. This project is awesome... exactly what I've been looking for as a storage solution for all of my N64 games. Anything like this for SNES games?

I'll read the beginning of this thread and figure out what to scan and then post it ASAP. I'll search through storage and see what else I can help out with.[/quote]
You can use the same cases to store your SNES games too!

Click Here for the SNES Thread

Also check out the N64 List (I will update it soon) to see what games we have covers for already and what games we do not have yet.

Thanks for your help! :D

[quote name='pinion247']I have a mint copy of Shadowgate 64 that I can scan in. This project is awesome... exactly what I've been looking for as a storage solution for all of my N64 games. Anything like this for SNES games?

I'll read the beginning of this thread and figure out what to scan and then post it ASAP. I'll search through storage and see what else I can help out with.[/QUOTE]

I am getting quite annoyed on how everything I buy is already available...but I supposed that's just bad luck. Thanks for helping out! =)

^^^ Friggin' Awesome about the SNES stuff. This rocks.

So, judging by the list you posted, Shadowgate 64 is still needed? I believe that's the only one I can offer... I may have Hybrid Heaven somewhere, I'll be checking through storage this weekend.

Hybrid Heaven would be sweet! That is one hard-to-find game these days.

I think there is a big backup of covers on Snackbar Games. Snowcone is alive because he has made quite a few posts on the main site. Anyone want to PM him? I want the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Wipeout 64, and Pokemon Stadium covers :)

[quote name='TheValeman']Oh ..... I bought that Blues Brothers game :) Couldn't resist a new shrinkwrapped game.[/quote]Cool! That's on my list. Chipping away, brother, chipping away.

The inward curve on NHL Breakaway was probably because I didn't put pressure on the scanner cover - I usually try to hold it down as it's scanning. I guess I forgot on the back. Sorry. Let me know if you want it redone...

Oh, and speaking of shrinkwrapped games - I opened up about 4 that I had to put em in these spanking cases!

[quote name='SMMM']I am getting quite annoyed on how everything I buy is already available...but I supposed that's just bad luck. Thanks for helping out! =)[/quote]

I hear that. But honestly....who would've thought someone would stumble onto our forum and the ONLY box they have is Shadowgate 64?

Cmon .... I hadn't even heard of it till 2 months ago. And as far as Blast Corps is concerned .... I did put it up ages ago on that message. Mine's part of a 10 game pack and the pic was ropey at best so I really have no idea if it's good enough to be bothered attempting to convert until I get it. That's why I haven't done Waialae Country Golf ..... it's pretty average so I'm mulling whether it's worth having a go at present.

Still.... look at the strides made since December 05 when total scanned stood at 22%. Now it's 57% so all things considered we're doing well.

Blue's Brother's ..... bet it's a shite game. Still .... the box is mint...hehe

E-mailed snowcone about adding a Saturn section, and also reminded him to update; so we should be seeing our uploads up within a day or two hopefully.

I upped the Pokemon Stadium cover again as a precaution as I already upped it a while ago and there's no sign of it even though newer covers are available on Snack-bar.

This will be more work for 4tygames, but would you be willing to update the list and put "pending" or something whenever someone on this thead mentioned that they won an auction or otherwise has a box coming? That might help cut down on buying dupes.

That said, owning Shadowgate 64 is probably a good thing just to play it!

[quote name='TheValeman']I upped the Pokemon Stadium cover again as a precaution as I already upped it a while ago and there's no sign of it even though newer covers are available on Snack-bar.[/QUOTE]
Same thing has been happening with the Megaman 64 cover :S

[quote name='Backlash']Ha ha I think you have an addiction my friend :)

PS I am still waiting for my cousin to send me that picture from lunch. I'll send you a copy whenever I get one.[/quote]

It could be. My wife certainly thinks I have an addiction to silly little games. I can live with that :D

Yeah ... I cant believe it's been a month since we caught up. How is your cousin? Back into it 100% I guess. Bugger not having any more annual hols until Jan eh ... but then again ... look at what you've done this year :applause:

You bought that boxed Midway yet for the cause? .... hehe

I got my 11 boxes in today. Will be scanning over the next couple of days. Some of them are kinda beat, so I will do my best to get a clean scan...

bread's done
Back