N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='Backlash']This will be more work for 4tygames, but would you be willing to update the list and put "pending" or something whenever someone on this thead mentioned that they won an auction or otherwise has a box coming? That might help cut down on buying dupes.

That said, owning Shadowgate 64 is probably a good thing just to play it![/quote]

Yep ..... and what would be even better is if we could get write access to that one field so as we win/purchase a game we could tick that box ourselves so it didn't put extra pressure on 4tygames. The rest could stay read only so some fekker didn't delete stuff wholesale or something equally undesirable.

Any chance of that?

And cool stuff Schenley. I look forward to seeing those scans or covers :)

[quote name='SMMM']fecker...heh, I'm going to use that..[/quote]

I'm a Battlestar Galactica fan so I prefer Fracker was in "what the frack" but wasn't sure of the spelling :D

But you know what I mean ......

Roll on October when season 3 airs

[quote name='TheValeman']And cool stuff Schenley. I look forward to seeing those scans or covers :)[/quote]I did one to start with. Vigilante 8. I'm not going to post each time I upload (unless you think it's better that way). Just check my site over the next couple of days - I'll get the other 10 up by Saturday night.

Also, I decided to include the spine in with the front of the box. Let me know if you prefer the three seperate files.

http://www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

-=Schen

[quote name='Schenley']I did one to start with. Vigilante 8. I'm not going to post each time I upload (unless you think it's better that way). Just check my site over the next couple of days - I'll get the other 10 up by Saturday night.

Also, I decided to include the spine in with the front of the box. Let me know if you prefer the three seperate files.

http://www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

-=Schen[/quote]

No worries. I'll keep checking. Don't drop them until I say though as it may take a few days to get them downloaded, converted and uploaded to Snack-bar... especially if there's a fair bit of work involved in cleaning them up. Going by Vigilante there could be ....

[quote name='TheValeman'] Going by Vigilante there could be ....[/quote]Yea, I know... Some of them are pretty beat up. The Micro Machines, which originally came with a Mini car, has a 'window' in it. Have fun with that! You'll see what I mean when I upload it.

[quote name='Schenley']Yea, I know... Some of them are pretty beat up. The Micro Machines, which originally came with a Mini car, has a 'window' in it. Have fun with that! You'll see what I mean when I upload it.[/quote]

When you scan them don't let the scanner auto edge them..do it manually and allow a bit of excess around the outside as it makes it easier doing a rotate to straighten everything.

Interestingly I remembered that Imagscanner had 300dpi front and rears and just need the spine and this is the result of combining your spine.....

Worth upping to Snack-bar?

[quote name='TheValeman']

Worth upping to Snack-bar?[/quote]Looks good to me! But then, I don't have that cart... :D

[quote name='Schenley']Looks good to me! But then, I don't have that cart... :D[/quote]

Me neither.....

I just won Rugrats - Scavenger Hunt to go with the PAL version I scanned so that'll complete that particular game when it arrives.
I'm also after Chameleon Twist 2 from the same seller. Maybe a couple more too !!! OK .... try several more ....

Yeah ... I know ... I'll be paying the VISA off for a while to come with all this.

Man .... I need some more plastic boxes too. When it rain's it pours eh. What to get ....games? or boxes? or colour laser toner so I can print covers for the one's I already have?

EDIT. Got Micro Machines. I see the problem. I'll probably go with the Green spine as it doesn't have that window. As far as the front is concerned maybe the best thing is to put a colour into it .... like yellow or red ... or put a tasteful pic of a nude woman sunbathing on a pacific island inside it? :D

Okay ..... I've cleaned the scan Schenley provided for Micro Machines and this is what I've come up with ......

I've left the window as is being that it's authentic to the original box and I hate deviating into custom covers .... no offense to others who like that sort of thing .... I just prefer authentic as much as possible.
Is it ok to upload to Snack-bar?

I personally prefer the blue/purple spines to the green. But, in this case I know why you did it... That starburst is screwin up everything!

As for the starburst up top, I would only say to take out the shiny highlights from the plastic - so that the whole thing looks uniform. This shouldn't take to long in Photoshop.

I agree, to not mess with the originals as much as possible. But sometimes, you gotta do a little.

I'll be scanning more later during the Devils game!! :applause:

Sorry about not updating, I have been really busy lately, but I finally got the chance today.

N64 List Updated

I added a PENDING on the note section right next to Blues Brothers and Shadowgate. If there are any other games that need that, let me know.

[quote name='4tygames']Sorry about not updating, I have been really busy lately, but I finally got the chance today.

N64 List Updated

I added a PENDING on the note section right next to Blues Brothers and Shadowgate. If there are any other games that need that, let me know.[/quote]Damn!! I just printed the old list like 5 minutes ago! Were there only those two changes you made?

Also, Check my post #984 on http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50941&page=50. I bought 11 boxes and will be scanning them in today.

[quote name='4tygames']Thanks Schenley. I updated the N64 List with the games you purchased.

N64 List Updated
[/quote]

And I have the following games coming ....

Blast Corps [ SMMM also has this one on the way too ]
Rugrats Scavenger Hunt
MRC : Multi-Racing Champ
NFL Quarterback Club 99
Wheel of Fortune

so you can add those to the pending list

[quote name='TheValeman']And I have the following games coming ....

Blast Corps [ SMMM also has this one on the way too ]
Rugrats Scavenger Hunt
MRC : Multi-Racing Champ
NFL Quarterback Club 99
Wheel of Fortune

so you can add those to the pending list[/quote]

N64 List Updated

Thanks! I hope this takes the confusion away of which games are in the works for covers.

All this work with these boxes has me wondering. Anyone know why there are two different types of inserts to hold the carts? You have the one that is 'built in' to the outside box, and the other one can be removed.

There has to be a reason - anyone know why?

[quote name='Schenley']All this work with these boxes has me wondering. Anyone know why there are two different types of inserts to hold the carts? You have the one that is 'built in' to the outside box, and the other one can be removed.

There has to be a reason - anyone know why?[/quote]

I think the games with built in inserts came along a lot later in the N64's life time than boxes with the original inserts and was probably done on costs. Notice that the cardboard is thinner too and they buckle easier than the old boxes.

Holy cow Schenley .... it's gonna take me a lit bit to wade thru all those scans of yours. If you look at your Micro Machines scan vs my conversion you'll find a lot of creases, scratches cleaned up and that takes time. But I'm on it :D

[quote name='TheValeman']If you look at your Micro Machines scan vs my conversion you'll find a lot of creases, scratches cleaned up and that takes time. But I'm on it :D[/quote]I would go with the one that you have above. Just clea up the highlights of the plastic like I mentioned. No need to spend that much time on it.

[quote name='Schenley']I would go with the one that you have above. Just clea up the highlights of the plastic like I mentioned. No need to spend that much time on it.[/quote]

Yep ... already cleaned it up. Looks nice too if I say so myself. Upped it to Snack-bar. Now we just need Snowcone to do his thing. Say's its slow news wise at present .... maybe he should look at updating the site if thats the case :)

Hey Nate .... I tried uploading the full version with 0% jpg compression to your site but it bombed. Thought you might want to archive it in your complete Dir. So I then tried to upload the smaller version but that got the same result too.

[quote name='nate1749']strange, you're the 2nd person whose had trouble uploading hmmmm...[/quote]

Yep .... it gave me a "invalid image" error on both Java and standard. They are completed images so I thought maybe you had a file size limit in place and being over 5 mb's was bombing because of that.

Thought I'd be nice and upload my full size files for your complete dir ...... Oh ... and you can delete the rest of the files in the temp dir as I've finished Twooie,Space STation and South Park now ....

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I was curious to know if the cases from media shelving.com will hold Atari Jaguar carts. If anyone knows, please reply.

[quote name='svrasputin']Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I was curious to know if the cases from media shelving.com will hold Atari Jaguar carts. If anyone knows, please reply.[/quote]

Never having seen a Jaguar cart I dont know what the size is but look at it like this ..... if the cart is the same size or less [including depth] than a SNES cart chances are it'll fit but will probably rattle around as the case has special tabs to keep N64 & SNES and Genesis carts in place. Hope that helps somewhat ....

[quote name='svrasputin']Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I was curious to know if the cases from media shelving.com will hold Atari Jaguar carts. If anyone knows, please reply.[/quote]Just checked for you...

The carts fit in vertically, and are loose. When you close the cover, the curvature of the cart holds it in place and it doesn't move around.

Short story - yes, they fit.

I have a handful of loose Jag carts, so will probably look for, or start a cover project for that soon.

Vale, I just uploaded Battlezone, but it's got some sun fading on the front. Are you good at fixing this kind of stuff in Photoshop?

I started playing with it, but it starting looking too fake.

[quote name='SMMM']Do you guys still need Shadowgate 64? Just recieved it in the mail today.[/quote]

Yep .... the other dude hasn't scanned or uploaded it yet. Mind you .... I couldn't upload to UKBeats so maybe that's the problem. Dunno .... Nate?

Schenley .... I'll grab Battlezone right now and have a go. I saw another Battlezone box for sale and that was sun faded too. Seems to be common with this game. So bad it never flew off the shop shelve's eh?

Okay .... I've had a play with the colours on Battle Zone and come up with ......

The main problem is that different colours fade at different rates making a global adjustment finicky to say the least ... but then I'm no graphic artist so I may be wrong. I think the orange and reds are looking close at a cost to the blue but by and large looks good. The yellow we can take for the logo from another cover and overlay it so I'm not too concerned there.

Any comments on this? Shame about that big ass B sticker on the front sidebar. Any chance of getting it off without damaging the cover Schenley?

Wow, that is not that bad. The original cover looks like this.

That box really must have been faded.

Ok, I have been messing around with the box a little bit in photoshop. I can copy the colors off of one picture of the box off the Internet and try to match it with the faded box. The results were really impressive for 30 seconds.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2289/battlezonefronttestsmall9qo7rh.jpg

In that amount of time, I was able to get the lettering of Battle Zone to its original color and the Crave Logo to its original color. The other messed up areas are just to show what color it should be. I know we can unfade this box, but it is going to take hard work.

I've been working on it some more. Got the blue quite nice now. I'll upload it when I get home to give you guys a indicator.

That big B is annoying me though

Thanks for the help with the Jaguar carts. I've got several Jag boxes and would be more than willing to help with a Jaguar case project.

[quote name='svrasputin']Thanks for the help with the Jaguar carts. I've got several Jag boxes and would be more than willing to help with a Jaguar case project.[/quote]I've got 6-10 boxed games and would be willing to help to - just not yet.

Maybe we should start a seperate thread....

Just an update on where I'm at with Schenley's box scans.........

I have gone thru and assessed them to determine which spines require the least effort to clean up .... sorry Schen but there are some green spines coming .... yeah yeah .... I know yah like the purple jobbies :)

I have started cleaning up several of them, removing scan specks, creases and so forth in preparation for merging into the finished covers. That Battlezone colour sidetracked me a bit .... I like a challenge but am now waiting on your attempts at removing the sticker before going any further .... and I received Robotron 64 PAL which I have put up for sale so I've quickly scanned that one too.

So bear with me and when I've got a few ready to go I'll upload them in bulk for everyone. That includes SMMM's Shadowgate 64. Looks like a game well worth playing. Had a play with it SMMM?

So there you have it on where I'm currently at. Oh .... and I'm negotiating on purchasing Daikatana boxed currently from a local source.More on that as it develops.

Whats up with Snowcone? On holiday or something?

I think he must be busy with E3.

If that is the case, then I would not expect him to upload the covers until after at least 4 - 5 days.

Ahhhh .... I see .... being within spitting distance of Antactica you forget about big events like E3 and so on. Love to attend it one day.

Oh well .... gives me a few days to get those scans uploaded then :)

[quote name='TheValeman']I like a challenge but am now waiting on your attempts at removing the sticker before going any further .... [/quote]

D'OH!

Completely forgot about this today. I don't feel like doing it tonight, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Sounds good with the other stuff! Keep up the good work!

[quote name='Schenley']D'OH!

Completely forgot about this today. I don't feel like doing it tonight, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Sounds good with the other stuff! Keep up the good work![/quote]

Sweet as .... I'm snowed under with everythng else anyway

You getting out of Dreamcast? Still the greatest console ever made / never advertised .... after N64 of course!!.:)

[quote name='TheValeman']You getting out of Dreamcast? Still the greatest console ever made / never advertised .... after N64 of course!!.:)[/quote]Huh? What gave you that idea? I love my Dreamcasts - have two of them!

[quote name='Schenley']Huh? What gave you that idea? I love my Dreamcasts - have two of them![/quote]

Just saw DC bits and bobs for sale in your Store. Thought you were dumping your gear :D

[quote name='TheValeman']Just saw DC bits and bobs for sale in your Store. Thought you were dumping your gear :D[/quote]Ah... Naw, that's all my leftover stuff. Got more stuff going up - check back in a couple days.

Holy hell in a hand basket..... Snowcone's updated Snack-bar.

You can grab Wipeout 64 now 4tygames :)

Looks kinda good having ALL the wrestling games up there. Feel quite proud of that little achievement considering I absolutely hate sports games ... LOL

[quote name='TheValeman']Holy hell in a hand basket..... Snowcone's updated Snack-bar.[/QUOTE]

Now if he could just update the other sections where I've actually uploaded stuff...

Quick printing question. Do I just download the cover and covert it to 300 dpi like the GBA project? Will that make sure the sizing is correct?

[quote name='ZForce915']Quick printing question. Do I just download the cover and covert it to 300 dpi like the GBA project? Will that make sure the sizing is correct?[/quote]

Covers are already created at 300dpi but I just import it into MS Word and size it manually. Cant remember the exact size as I'm at work but it was something like 188 by 288 or 180 by 280 ....something like that and they fit perfectly. Just open a box and measure edge to edge and you'll see what I mean.

I did that way as we use A4 here...not US Legal or letter.

Gosh darn it. Outbid yet again in the last minute trying to get games not yet scanned..... baaahhhh!!!

Yay! A snackbar games update! I got the three covers I needed :D.

Just for fun, does anyone have the n64 controller pak box? We have a cover for the expansion pak, but a cover for the controller pak would be great to store my multiple controller paks.

[quote name='4tygames']Yay! A snackbar games update! I got the three covers I needed :D.

Just for fun, does anyone have the n64 controller pak box? We have a cover for the expansion pak, but a cover for the controller pak would be great to store my multiple controller paks.[/quote]

Yep indeedy .... I'll add it to the huge pile I'm working thru at present. :)

[quote name='TheValeman']Covers are already created at 300dpi but I just import it into MS Word and size it manually. Cant remember the exact size as I'm at work but it was something like 188 by 288 or 180 by 280 ....something like that and they fit perfectly. Just open a box and measure edge to edge and you'll see what I mean.

I did that way as we use A4 here...not US Legal or letter.
[/quote]I use Photoshop to print, and check the size in inches. They are 7" x 11.22". I don't mess with the DPI, if the width is not 7", I just adjust it so it is. The length is automatically adjusted.

I won an auction with Earthworm Jim 3d and Rampage World Tour. According to 4tygames list, there are PAL covers, but not NTSC. Should I scan them when I get them?

bread's done
Back