N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='Schenley']Couple of racers uploaded to my site - www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

Only nine more to scan! [for now][/quote]

No worries. I'll grab em now

Here's your Madden 2000 .... finally..... these boxes with lined artwork are a bitch .... still ....

Cheers

EDIT. Got them ..... Nice scan's. I'll get them converted pronto!! Here you go ....... Revolting

And here's Lego Racers .......

Hey Nate .... whats up with UKBeats? I cant login using the n64covers username. I was going to upload those two files but sadly ......:cry:

Update ..... I just acquired San Francisco Rush Extreme Racing US version locally for a good price. If it's in as good a condition as the seller says it'll be another one to mark off as complete .... fingers crossed. So add that to the Pending list 4tygames ....

[quote name='Schenley']Just upped the last 9 from this group.

http://www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

:applause:[/quote]

Got them. Wow!!! gonna be a bit of work over the next few days getting this lot converted.

BTW .... whatever happened to Earthworm Jim 3D? Didn't you get it off the same dudette I got a couple of games from?

Had a 14 hour power cut today so way behind on everything :cry:

[quote name='TheValeman']Got them. Wow!!! gonna be a bit of work over the next few days getting this lot converted.

BTW .... whatever happened to Earthworm Jim 3D? Didn't you get it off the same dudette I got a couple of games from?

Had a 14 hour power cut today so way behind on everything :cry:[/quote]Oh yea!! I forgot about that (Earthworm Jim). It's down in my room of doom. I'll scan it now.

I'd go nuts without power for 14 hours. I guess I'd have to play some handhelds!

OK, Earthworm Jim got a little messed up with a sticker removal. Not sure why, I've used the same technique 25 times without a problem. There's a white spot on the right between the logo and the joypad icon. I'm sure that would be easy to fix, though. I also left a sticker on that I thought should stay. It's an official sticker from Rockstar that says "Free Pager Offer" - :lol: I think it's kind of a sign of the times - who would want a pager these days?

By the way, the icon in the lower left is not a sticker.

Also, I upped Rampage World Tour - it's pending on the 4ty list, but I forget if it was pending from me or not.

[quote name='TheValeman']Bad news is that Wetrix and any newer covers aren't up there in this update. So I'm keeping them on my boxnet site until they do for those of you who needed them yesterday.:)

Even worse news in my mind though is that he didn't replace the existing color faded San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing with my better one. This also happened with WWF Attitude which I upped a mint condition version to replace the low quality one submitted by Slash000.

So in my mind there's no point anyone buying Space Invaders for instance unless you make it available on an alternate site as Snowcone obviously doesn't read the description or compare old with new.... he appears to just dump newer files if he thinks we already have it.

I PM'd him about the WWF Attitude game when I submitted it and got no answer back.

Nate ..... what about your site? Can I upload converted files directly to yours?[/QUOTE]

Come on now, give a guy a break. I have the SFRush ready to replace the faded one, but hadn't had a chance to compare. I get tons of duplicate covers so sometimes it is hard to tell what the reason is. Send me the other 2 and I will get them fixed as well. I haven't been around as I have been planning the migration of the snackbar site as well as my movie site to a new webhost. I finished that migration today and even had time to recode the Cover page so it's a little easier to use. I also posted some pending Saturn covers. It is also a little easier to drop me an email at [email protected] to remind me or notify me of updates. I don't get to CAG near as often as I used to. That may change very soon though.

[quote name='TheValeman']1080 Snowboarding is on Snack-bar but they dont have an index for games starting with numbers. So you need to search for it. Then click on N64 to see it.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

That was one of the things I added in the recode.

2 things.

1. Super Nintendo leads to Saturn covers
2. Christmas Nights is a EU import.

Thanks for update, though. I like the recode.

EDIT: Bust-a-Move for Saturn is actually Bust-a-Move 3.

[quote name='Snowcone']Come on now, give a guy a break. I have the SFRush ready to replace the faded one, but hadn't had a chance to compare. I get tons of duplicate covers so sometimes it is hard to tell what the reason is. Send me the other 2 and I will get them fixed as well. I haven't been around as I have been planning the migration of the snackbar site as well as my movie site to a new webhost. I finished that migration today and even had time to recode the Cover page so it's a little easier to use. I also posted some pending Saturn covers. It is also a little easier to drop me an email at [email protected] to remind me or notify me of updates. I don't get to CAG near as often as I used to. That may change very soon though.[/quote]

Wow .... Snowcone's alive!!!

Seriously though .... I know you have been migrating and all that but

1. I add an appended description to the game so you can tell that it's mean to replace an existing cover.
2. I PM'd you about the WWF Attitude which I put up weeks ago and there's been several updates since then so one assumes in that situation that you thought we already had it .... even though it had a description as per 1 above
3. You never show yourself around here that much any more yet you post daily on Snack-bar.

In light of the above sometimes I get the impression that maybe NDS and GBA are more interesting for you than the N64 at this time. I wouldn't blame you ... N64's been dead for years after all ... but the lack of posting here by you gives us absolutely no info on your current status etc. It's not a gripe ... just how I see it.

Anyways ..... good to see you posting here again ... even if just to have a piece of me :D

If you want I'll re-upload WWF Attitude for you to look at. The list said we needed a better version and I got a shrinkwrapped mint one so that's where it comes from.
Additionally ..... the WWF Warzone PAL by Slash000 is an absolute shocker. The text on the back is hand editted in some places and blurred beyond readable in others. Have a look. It may pay to delete that and leave my US mint one until we can rustle up a proper PAL version of that one.
Lastly ..... can you shift my Legend of Zelda AU import sitting in the letter "L" to the "T" dir so that it sits with all the other Zelda games? Although personally I think the "The" should be dropped from the other Zelda games and those shifted to "L"

Cheers ......

Does anyone here actually like my imageshacking the covers as I post them to Snack-bar?

If no-one cares I'll stop doing it.... just wastes my bandwidth... and just leave a text post. I thought it gives you guys a chance to see what the finished product looks like so you can tell me if somethings amiss etc.

But no-one's made any comment one way or the other so hard to tell if it's used or not.

Cheers .....

Earthworm Jim 3D ... Schenley's contribution now completes this game ....

Virtual Pool 64 ... another Schenley contribution

Tonic Trouble ...

Tarzan ..... Anyone read Tarzan at the Earth's Core? Great read for a 30's book. ERB sure had a vivid imagination.

I know you have bandwidth restrictions in NZ, that must suck, but if you could, can you continue with the imageshack covers. I like seeing them.

I'll update tomorrow, I gotta get back to work....

Thanks Snowcone, I really like the new design of the cover page!

Thanks, Snowcone - I like the changes.

Vale, I do check the imageshack covers, but rarely say anything cause your stuff is usually spot on. You definitely have gotten into a rhythm!

And, 4ty - thanks for keeping the list!

[quote name='TheValeman']Wow .... Snowcone's alive!!!

Seriously though .... I know you have been migrating and all that but

1. I add an appended description to the game so you can tell that it's mean to replace an existing cover.
2. I PM'd you about the WWF Attitude which I put up weeks ago and there's been several updates since then so one assumes in that situation that you thought we already had it .... even though it had a description as per 1 above
3. You never show yourself around here that much any more yet you post daily on Snack-bar.

In light of the above sometimes I get the impression that maybe NDS and GBA are more interesting for you than the N64 at this time. I wouldn't blame you ... N64's been dead for years after all ... but the lack of posting here by you gives us absolutely no info on your current status etc. It's not a gripe ... just how I see it.

Anyways ..... good to see you posting here again ... even if just to have a piece of me :D

If you want I'll re-upload WWF Attitude for you to look at. The list said we needed a better version and I got a shrinkwrapped mint one so that's where it comes from.
Additionally ..... the WWF Warzone PAL by Slash000 is an absolute shocker. The text on the back is hand editted in some places and blurred beyond readable in others. Have a look. It may pay to delete that and leave my US mint one until we can rustle up a proper PAL version of that one.
Lastly ..... can you shift my Legend of Zelda AU import sitting in the letter "L" to the "T" dir so that it sits with all the other Zelda games? Although personally I think the "The" should be dropped from the other Zelda games and those shifted to "L"

Cheers ......[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the description you put in that filename as it does help. The reason I post occasionally and daily on SB is that I am the main Admin and Mod. I apologize if you get the impression that I don't value the N64 covers. I think it's great that you guys are still doing them and I think it's a great resource for the gaming community to have access to them. The reality is that I have yet to print out a single cover for any of my games on any system. That being said, a quick email keeps me honest. I am probably changing jobs again soon so I may have a little more free time.

If you find a problem with any of the existing covers please let me know so we can get them fixed. Also, like was already mentioned, if you find a problem with the page itself let me know and i'll get it fixed as quickly as possible. If you have suggestions as well let me know. I want that page to be as easy to use as possible so I am open to feedback. I want to add a small set of FAQs if any of you are up to contributing. Here are the topics I'd like to cover:

-Creating covers (Maybe one for each platform)
-Printing covers
-Obtaining cases

Any takers?

[quote name='RockinX']I uploaded the Megaman 64 cover long ago and it isn't up yet. Can you fix that?[/QUOTE]

Dude, he just mentioned (at least twice) that the best way to contact him for things like this is to email him instead of posting here. :)

[quote name='RockinX']I uploaded the Megaman 64 cover long ago and it isn't up yet. Can you fix that?[/quote]

Just do what Snowcone says and upload it again. I'm sure it's just MIA so if you resubmit it all will be good.

I'll resubmit my WWF Attitde too and then all will be well in N64-Land again

Now that he's done the migration etc I'm sure things will be a lot smoother. And we have his email addy to keep him honest :)

[quote name='Backlash']Dude, he just mentioned (at least twice) that the best way to contact him for things like this is to email him instead of posting here. :)[/quote]

OMG ... Backlash's ALIVE .... muahaaahaaaaaaaa

Good to hear your banter on the boards buddy :D Long time no post!!!
Hows yer cousin? Won another trip yet?

[quote name='Snowcone'] I want to add a small set of FAQs if any of you are up to contributing. Here are the topics I'd like to cover:

-Creating covers (Maybe one for each platform)
-Printing covers
-Obtaining cases

Any takers?[/QUOTE]

The OP has a doc (written by slash) that has instructions for creating covers for N64. I assume that you just want content and you'll take care of HTML yourself since it's specific to your site? If so, it should be pretty much good to go, though the images could probably be compressed a bunch to make it more palatable (the Word doc is like 13 Mb I think).

It's written for N64, but of course the dimensions and general process are for the Media shelving cases so the generic parts could be pulled out and used for SNES, Genesis, etc. Feel free to use any of the text in the OP as well, of course.

Edit: Here's the link: http://www.ukbeats.com/N64_guide.zip

[quote name='Backlash']Dude, he just mentioned (at least twice) that the best way to contact him for things like this is to email him instead of posting here. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm too lazy to do that, and if he asked a question I figure he is going to read my post, but I'll PM him.

And Valeman, I've uploaded it twice, I'm not sure what's wrong.

So Tarzan and all the latest are now available.

Additionally ... my San Francisco Rush Extreme Racing PAL replacement is now is now up. All it needs now is for the existing one to be deleted and the new one renamed as PAL if you're listening Snowcone.

Excellent work with the recode. Is it just me or does it seem snappier. I can tell you the uploading is far quicker ... it used to hang for minutes after the upload ... now it quickly returns to the"what do you want to do" screen. When you upload the amount I do you can tell ... believe me.

On a side issue .... I know the Tonic Trouble cover is sun faded .... mainly where the color Yellow is concerned. You can tell when you look at Schenley's original scan where the color was protected by a label and the yellow is much more vibrant. But I thought it easer to patch that into the main bulk rather than the other way around and as some glues affect color without another sample to color match it to I held off. If someone wants to color it to their tastes go for it ... I probably will if I ever get the game.

Does anyone here have a mint manual for Diddy Kong Racing? If you do and have a scanner could you can the front & back cover @ 300dpi for me? My manual is missing them. Let me know if you can help.

Cheers

I'll pull down the existing SFRush one tonight and the site should be much snappier as we are running in a much better environment. Also, RockinX that cover is going up tomorrow. I dont have it here with me.

N64 List Updated

I really do like the new design of the cover page. If you could Snowcone, I think a PS1 Section for the DVD covers would be great as well since there are some really amazing covers in that section. Keep up the great work!

[quote name='4tygames']N64 List Updated

I really do like the new design of the cover page. If you could Snowcone, I think a PS1 Section for the DVD covers would be great as well since there are some really amazing covers in that section. Keep up the great work![/QUOTE]
I dropped a post in the PS1 cover thread to see if anyone minded as we will need people to upload those covers as well.

I was just thinking... wouldn't it be cool if we scanned in the game manuals too? I'm sure a lot of us have thrown away the manuals for all our old "plastic" games. We could easily print them out using the same technique. Just a thought.

[quote name='encendido5']I was just thinking... wouldn't it be cool if we scanned in the game manuals too? I'm sure a lot of us have thrown away the manuals for all our old "plastic" games. We could easily print them out using the same technique. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

There is a site just for that - let me try to find the url (or does someone else know it?)

[quote name='Backlash']replacementdocs.com was the one I was thinking of - thanks.[/quote]

A lot of the pdf's on those sites are low quality where people have used 75dpi etc when converting them to keep the size down. Also some look crappy because they didn't straighten he scans before converting so although it's good to have them I decided long ago I'd convert my own as I got the time.

I have 15-20 odd done at 300 dpi from memory and as I get time where I'm not converting cover scans .... thanks Schenley for that huge lot the other day :) ... I'll keep converting the ones I have.

Dont get me wrong .... anythings better than nothing .... and some are good quality so by all means have a look at those sites.... just dont set high expectations and you'll be OK.

[quote name='Schenley']Also, I think "GBA Covers" on the main page should be changed to just "Covers"....[/QUOTE]

I'm going to change it right now.

[quote name='Snowcone']Got all the covers up from last night including a pair of PS1 covers.[/quote]

Excellent.

Two things ..... The Genesis section goes nowhere and is it possible to state how many covers are available when you enter a section? Eg, when entering the N64 section it would say "viewing - 200 covers" or something like that?

With all the new sections like PS1, Saturn and so on it'll give casual users a much better idea of the depth of whats available without having to click thru every letter.

Just a thought .. that's all.

Cheers

[quote name='TheValeman']Excellent.

Two things ..... The Genesis section goes nowhere and is it possible to state how many covers are available when you enter a section? Eg, when entering the N64 section it would say "viewing - 200 covers" or something like that?

With all the new sections like PS1, Saturn and so on it'll give casual users a much better idea of the depth of whats available without having to click thru every letter.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

1. Nobody's uploaded any Genesis covers. Daroga said he would once he found his 300dpi scans, but I guess he either hasn't found them or has forgotten about it.

2. I like your idea, I was kinda thinking of something similar.

[quote name='SMMM']1. Nobody's uploaded any Genesis covers. Daroga said he would once he found his 300dpi scans, but I guess he either hasn't found them or has forgotten about it.

2. I like your idea, I was kinda thinking of something similar.[/quote]

1. Oops ... although not going anywhere I couldn't tell
2. I thought it made sense....just a query on the database so shouldn't be difficult unless it's manual .... that would be a bitch :)

Hey ... didn't you order some games a while back ... before Shadowgate 64? Did they ever arrive? I know you were apprehensive after a week or two.

I'm still waiting on my surface shipment. USPS advise up to 2 months to get to New Zealand. It's almost that now so I'm getting a tad bit frustrated.

I'm slowly progressing my Visa bill ... only $300 left to pay now :D Doesn't help buying the occasional game locally.... I got that San Francisco Rush Extreme US version to supplement my PAL copy. When it arrives I'll up it....

Yeah, they never showed up. It was only like $9 though, so meh. Plus, you already have all the ones I ordered now.

[quote name='SMMM']Yeah, they never showed up. It was only like $9 though, so meh. Plus, you already have all the ones I ordered now.[/quote]

I know what its like. Had 3 games never arrive from the UK. All have from the US so far .... just that biggie now.

I found it great getting games off EBAY..... but ..... Pick up a game for $5.00 only the postage to NZ is $11+. That makes it $16 approx .... then add the exchange rate and it's gone to $25 local currency for the game which is close to the average price for a PAL game. So it's easy to see where those 70 odd games I bought for converting covers blew out my Visa bill. Luckily selling off my PAL games reduced it to $400 which is now down somewhat.

You guys in the US have a good thing with EBAY simply because you're dealing with local currency. It's the postage & conversion that hits me where it hurts. I suppose that's why I got a tad miffed a while ago as it seems so easy/cheap for you guys to grab one game every so often to progress the cause.

So its great that you and Schen decided to help out. But its a bugger when the game doesn't arrive eh.......

Cheers[/QUOTE]

That is actually on the agenda so the guys who manage the CAG wiki can tell how many covers are available in each category. I'll try to get it done tonight or tomorrow.

Little note, I will be out of town till Monday, so I will not be able to update the n64 list until then.

Keep on making those great covers!

[quote name='4tygames']Little note, I will be out of town till Monday, so I will not be able to update the n64 list until then.

Keep on making those great covers![/quote]

OK ..... here's Wheel of Fortune .... scan courtesy of Schenley the Great :)

followed by transformers Beast Wars Transmetal ..... another Schenley contribution ..... I'm starting to feel inadequate now ....

Now the page shows the number of covers in the whole category when you click the category name and the number of covers for each letter when you click on them.

[quote name='Snowcone']Now the page shows the number of covers in the whole category when you click the category name and the number of covers for each letter when you click on them.[/quote]

Excellent.

Two issues though ...........

1. The homepage now lists 0 covers availabe instead of the total for everything. May be better to remove completely?

2. No NDS choice on the handheld menu. I thought we had NDS covers?

Other than that .... very nice!!!.

And uploading is definitely smoother now so kudo's from me as it takes far less time waiting for the page to allow the next upload etc.

Oh .... it's great to see you around here more too. Letting us know what's happening is going on with the site is much appreciated.

Two issues though ...........

1. The homepage now lists 0 covers availabe instead of the total for everything. May be better to remove completely?

2. No NDS choice on the handheld menu. I thought we had NDS covers?

Other than that .... very nice!!!.

And uploading is definitely smoother now so kudo's from me as it takes far less time waiting for the page to allow the next upload etc.

Oh .... it's great to see you around here more too. Letting us know what's happening is going on with the site is much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I must have accidently broken both of those in my latest update. I will fix them both on Sunday morning as well as post all the covers uploaded since yesterday. I am trying to be more in touch with the community providing the content. If you have any additional suggestions from a layout standpoint just let me know.

If anyone has 25-40 of these cases you don't need, I'll buy or trade you for them. I just don't need 100, and would have nowhere to store the extras. Thanks.

Wrong topic, but a couple things

1. I uploaded an Alone in the Dark cover for Dreamcast. Did you get that?
2. I uploaded two versions of Castelvania Adventure for GB. The second is more cleaned up and doesn't have that orange sliver at the bottom I didn't notice the first time

Thanks again.

Sorry it's taking a while to get the rest of Schenley's covers up ..... a case of too much Day of Defeat, wifey's birthday stuff, installing Vista followed by uninstalling Vista all combined to wreak havoc on my weekend.

I still have to reinstall my apps after reloading XP so it'll be a day or so before I'm back in action. There's also the time it takes to clean these things up. Did you notice I edited out the Blockbuster sticker on Beast Wars Schen? :)

Expecting SF Rush any day now .... no idea on the surface package yet .... sigh!!

bread's done
Back