Name that Console!

Got 100%

PS2 vs Gamecube was really the only challenge but as someone pointed out, the GC makes that "beep" type noice and clicks, so it was easy.

Two Points:

1. You think the 360 is loud? My Modded Xbox is easily 50% louder than even that. The fan on most dashboards is set to 100% by default and it is LOUD. Fortunately you can dial the fan down if you have good ventilation

2. Someone correlated the loud 360 to the lack of Japanese interest. I can guarantee you based on hardware that the PS3 will also be one loud beast. That won't make any difference.

I managed to get them all, though I had trouble with the XBox and PS2 slim.

Oh yeah, and that maze game scared the crap out of me.

I got all 4 consoles right yet I don't even own a slim PS2 and a Xbox 360. It was also the first time I ever heard the slim PS2 and Xbox 360 running.

[quote name='evanft']The 360 sounds like a small thermonuclear explosion. no wonder the Japanese won't go anywhere near it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you meant it or not but that's funny when you think of the irony. The Japanese have already been nuked once.

[quote name='spoo']Wow CheapyD, is japan that borring? ;)[/QUOTE]

my thought exactly.

Should have had the DC in that bunch too. That could have been your gimme.

[quote name='Chiyoumen']I got all 4 consoles right yet I don't even own a slim PS2 and a Xbox 360. It was also the first time I ever heard the slim PS2 and Xbox 360 running.[/quote]
Same here. Booyah to us.

lol! What a great little pointless game! I'm proud to say I got 'em all right!

I had originally missed the fact the 360 was in it, and when that sound came up, I was like, "WTF? I've never heard a system like that!" My roomate chimed in, "That's no console, that's a friggin' car." lol. I realized what it was a second later. Damn, I just didn't expect it to be THAT loud. That's ridiculous.

And lol @ ur vacuum comparison Cheapy, nice one.

[quote name='beerguy961']I thought the 360 was the Dreamcast. Of course, I've never played a 360 (or played enough XBox to know the sound of it)....[/quote]

None of your neighbors have one? You should be able to hear it when they're playing... in their basment. :lol:

I got them all correct. The 360 was the only console I don't have, and it was easy to figure out which one it was. ;)

Suprisingly enough I got all 4 and the only one I own is a Gamecube. Haven't been around a 360 except demo kiosks (but c'mon, everyone's been talking about how loud it is), don't have any friends with an XBox, and haven't been close to a PS2 very often.

You can, however, reason it out. The PS2 has obvious drive noise when the disc is loaded initially. Since the Gamecube top-loads this makes it easy to distinguish. The 360 is just plain loud, again, obvious. The telling difference for the XBox, however, is the damn thing making boot noises. It's obviously loading up the hard drive and sounds like a tiny computer (which is fitting since that's all the damn thing is). The Gamecube, well... again, lack of disc tray noise, very quiet and well... I've heard it too many times in person (it's pretty distinctive, especially the slight chirp).

Great idea!

[quote name='Belgand']Suprisingly enough I got all 4 and the only one I own is a Gamecube. Haven't been around a 360 except demo kiosks (but c'mon, everyone's been talking about how loud it is), don't have any friends with an XBox, and haven't been close to a PS2 very often.

You can, however, reason it out. The PS2 has obvious drive noise when the disc is loaded initially. Since the Gamecube top-loads this makes it easy to distinguish. The 360 is just plain loud, again, obvious. The telling difference for the XBox, however, is the damn thing making boot noises. It's obviously loading up the hard drive and sounds like a tiny computer (which is fitting since that's all the damn thing is). The Gamecube, well... again, lack of disc tray noise, very quiet and well... I've heard it too many times in person (it's pretty distinctive, especially the slight chirp).

Great idea![/QUOTE]

I think cheapy's 360 is broken my 360 is no where near that loud. I got all 4 wrong and have all but the slim ps2. (The slim ones overheat so why change from one that works?)

I got them all right. :)

I've had a few FRAGing issues with my Xbox so that made me very familiar with the noise it makes when it powers up. The Cube makes that very distinct sound when it's powering up and you could also tell by the "click" sound that the power button itself makes. I don't have the slim PS2 or 360, but could very easily tell the difference between the two of them. ;)

[quote name='BULL_Ship']I think cheapy's 360 is broken my 360 is no where near that loud.[/quote]Nah, it's not broken, you probably just don't sit 3 inches away when you play.

[quote name='icecubez189']woot i got them right. is there a differenc between regular xbox and halo ed xbox sound or its just side info?[/quote] Just side info, as far as I know.

[quote name='CheapyD']

Just side info, as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

I have the regular "black" xbox, halo xbox, and lime green mountain dew xbox and, they all sound exactly the same....without a visual, there would be no way to tell what color the plastic was....

yes, i got all 4 correct and havent even played a gamecube or ps2 slim before :) i recognized the 360's loudness and the xbox's fan noise though

I got them all right upon my first listen. Go me!
Listening to the power button(s) being pressed in the recording also gave it a bit away, especially in the case of the Gamecube (though its disc mechanism makes a very distinct voise anyway, but it certainly helps).

Also, about the Halo Xbox--I have a normal Xbox, and my boyfriend has a Halo edition (live in the same house). They *do* sound different, but I'm sure that varies system-to-system, what with the different disc drives and all. However, they are both Samsung drives, so maybe not. *shrug*

[quote name='Lord Alfred']2. Someone correlated the loud 360 to the lack of Japanese interest. I can guarantee you based on hardware that the PS3 will also be one loud beast. That won't make any difference.[/QUOTE]

didnt you hear, the are gonna be using liquid nitrogen for cooling ;)

bread's done
Back