14 (100%)
Ok, lets try something new.

Here is a list of retailers who seem to be pretty responsive to me:

www.ebgames.com
www.gamestop.com
www.kmart.com
www.overstock.com
www.videogamedeals.com

Take a look at their sites and try to come up with a realistic deal that would appeal to most CAGs and I will pitch it to the retailer and try to make it happen. Coupons, bundles, pre-order bonuses...anything that you can come up with that you think is doable and won't put these guys out of business.

The buy two get one free deal that Toys R Us ran in November was huge! I went out and spent $100 that I wasn't planning on. I'd like to see that happen more often for games that are $49.99.

Work your magic CheapyD!

Buy 2 games of the same publisher save $10?

How about Buy 3 GH or PH games for $40.

or maybe in light of FFCC, some deal in which the more Cube-GBA cables you buy, the cheaper it is.

Pre-owned gamecube w/ controller
Pre-owned wavebird
Pre-owned Super Mario Sunshine (or similar game)

$109.99

This deal already exists in the form of cube, controllers, and t-shirt instead of a game for $100 at EBgames or Gamestop (I forget which). I just want a game tossed in.

Frankly, since EBgames.com beats Gamestop senseless on a daily basis, I would recommend a CAG coupon from Gamestop for an extra 5% off of used games or something for them to win a little more favor with us.

Buy one get one, or By one get on 1/2 off. I know the second one is %25 off each, but thats still a good deal

They usually give 10% off used games with a membership card. Maybe they can give a Cheapass card that would entitle us to an extra 10% towards our trade-ins. I think that is diffinately doable. I brought nfl street the last week paid $50... I hate it, tried to trade it in, $25. Thats highway robbery. so besides the idea for 10% How about a card that would give us a higher percentage of what they would resell that title for at that time. I mean they only make 10% off new games why should they make 50% more off used games and the consumers they service instead of the Big companies.

higher percentages off presells
what about those buy 10 get one programs. all year round.

...How about clearance notification? K-mart sending out an e-mail about whats going down in-store,online or both. Ask Circuit City, we clear stuff out :)

ask ebgames and gamestop (b&m) to start pricematching local retailers, say in a 30 mile radius. circuit city, walmart, and bestbuy already to this.

[quote name='jetblac']what about those buy 10 get one programs. all year round.[/quote]
That was going to be my suggestion, actually. Like at the gas station, I have a card that each time I get a car wash they stamp it. After you get 5 washes, you get a free car wash. I think SubWay has something like this too, right?

Good for business, too. It keeps customers loyal to your store, and happy too :mrgreen:

Whenever a sequel comes out, the retailers should automatically offer the last game in the series at a discount. This makes a lot of sense to me, since soon after a new game in a series comes out, the old one goes on clearance...so why not just automatically cut the price if you buy the newest game? It'd also help attract people who hadn't necessarily tried out the series before. "Whoa, if I buy Max Payne 2, I get the first one for half price!" or something similar.

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac'][quote name='jetblac']what about those buy 10 get one programs. all year round.[/quote]
That was going to be my suggestion, actually. Like at the gas station, I have a card that each time I get a car wash they stamp it. After you get 5 washes, you get a free car wash. I think SubWay has something like this too, right?

Good for business, too. It keeps customers loyal to your store, and happy too :mrgreen:[/quote]

Because everything's a different price, maybe a point system would work better. Receive one point per dollar, and for 200 or 250 points, get a free GH or other $20 game...

...although this is more than just a deal, this would be a radical change. As far as a deal, I might consider taking advantage of a 3 GH/$49.99 deal. Just bring up a page with a bunch of $20 games on it and let me check 3 off.

~yyr

I think a point system may be good, but it would end up being more than just a cag thing. I would like to hope for buy 1 or 2 get one free for GH/Plat/GC etc.

The AFF25 rules and i think it has become one of the best things we have here at Cag, so maybe something similar.

One of the other things that holds me back from purchases at the other retailers, as even though I hate bestbuy and I returned a game there that I bought somewhere else to save 7 dollars. The GGC is still one of the only things that has me go in there once in awhile. 5 off of 20 is something that I will need to be at least matched + free shipping.

Perhaps a console bundle deal where you can choose 1 or 2 of your own desired PH/GH/etc, or alternatively $40 for 3 of those games.

Also, I'm feeling that BOGO deal. It'd be great if EB set up :shock: AFF50 for one day or a week too.

although "buy one, get one free" sounds nice, it doesn't seem that doable. however, i'd totally be into that, even if it's only for games $19.99 or less.

a more realistic idea is "buy 2, get one free", and again i would be ok with it only applying to games $19.99 or less. i think the wording is very important there, though, because if you just say "GH/PH/PC games" that would exclude all the other games that are in that price range but haven't received the repackaging treatment yet.

some people have mentioned "3 for $50" deals on games like that, but it wouldn't really be enough savings to warrant any excitement, at least not over here.

and as far as used games go, i'd really like more of these "buy one, get one free" for games, like the current one with the snes/nes/genesis games. i would really like to see the offer extended to games for other systems, especially the current generations. if you buy one and get one of equal value free, then it's like you are getting both for 50% off, and i know the markup is at least that much, so they wouldn't really lose out that much on the deal. and if the game you get free is of lesser value, then they still make some money on it, so that's why i think "buy one preowned get one free" would be doable.

[quote name='OZUS']ask ebgames and gamestop (b&m) to start pricematching local retailers, say in a 30 mile radius. circuit city, walmart, and bestbuy already to this.[/quote]

Don't know bout all eb's but the one closest to me already price matches everything that isn't online.

I would love to see a buy 1 get one free type deal. How bout buy one game $29.99 or more and get a $10 game free?

i second the point system for ebgames.

lord knows after their shameful performance last week to a not-so-fortune loyal customer, they could show some appreciation to customers that are loyal to them.
great idea!

Pre-order and get an additonal 25% off select platnum hits, players choice or greates hits titles.

Buy 2 get 1 free used game deals

Buy 1 Mario game and get 15% off another Mario game.

Get Knights of the Old Republic Free with a Xbox console Purchase.

Get Sonic Heroes free a gamecube purchase.

20% off every pre-owned title on the last weekend of the month.

Free memory card when you purchase 2 50 dollar games.

Drop the price on Mario party 4 to 20 bucks.

buy any console, get your choice of any game for 25% off (for new releases/pre-orders) or 50% (for used), get any extra (official/unofficial) controller for 25% off, and heck, a giftcard for $10 to get them to come back again.

this should be a great special for a national holiday or something. especially with reliable rumors of console price cuts on the way.

i need an xbox. i would buy another gamecube (for mario kart lan). heck, another ps2 (with progressive scan support). i'd buy them in a heartbeat if somebody offered the deal above.

sounds realistic to me.

well I like the point deal, like get 100 points ($1 = 1 point) and get a free $20 game. It's kinda like BB rewards program. And of course the system should be free & points should last at least 1 year.

Also people seem to like those trade in 4 games get one free. I think trade 5 in for 1 is a rip off but people can live with losing 4.

How about the more you buy the more you save promotion. I know they had these at eb b&m a while back ago but they could offer it online. Something along the lines of buy 2 get 20% buy 3 get 30%.

[quote name='yyr'][quote name='Naughty_Insomniac'][quote name='jetblac']what about those buy 10 get one programs. all year round.[/quote]

Good for business, too. It keeps customers loyal to your store, and happy too :mrgreen:[/quote]

Because everything's a different price, maybe a point system would work better. Receive one point per dollar, and for 200 or 250 points, get a free GH or other $20 game...

...although this is more than just a deal, this would be a radical change. As far as a deal, I might consider taking advantage of a 3 GH/$49.99 deal. Just bring up a page with a bunch of $20 games on it and let me check 3 off.

~yyr[/quote]

That would be a HUGE change that CheapyD might not be able to influence, but it's a great, great idea.

-Buy 2 get 1 free
-Buy 2 $19.99 for $30

I wouldn't mind EB keeping that exclusions list if they went back down to 4 games for 1, but if they are asking for 5 there shouldn't be a list. On a side note does EB keep track of what games you preordered but changed the original preorder title to another title. Here's what I mean. I preordered Driv3r with the 4 game deal, but a week later changed it to The Suffering. Now I'm thinking about doing it again since the flier states that you can do this deal until it releases, but was worried that they might keep track on this sort of thing.

Another vote for Buy 2, Get 1 Free if that is doable, I dont care if it is on new or used games.

Maybe a cheap ass bag grab. Go to checkout, put in the code of CAG and their server randomly assigns you a deal, such as free 2 day shipping, 10, 15 or 20% off, free promo items, 5 or 10 dollar gift card or voucher, that sort of thing.

[quote name='video_gamer324']- buy 1 PO get one half off[/quote]

that's the same as getting two previously owned games for 25% off (like we can do now). in fact, that deal could result in not saving as much as 25% off each game.

i don't mean to single you out, but some people's ideas for deals are kind of weird and/or not that beneficial.

-I want the XBOX Action replay to drop price to $20.
- Switch it back to 4 for 1 or remove the exclusion list.
- Include GBA and PC games in the 4/5 for 1 deals
- Buy 2 get one free
- a price drop on Sonic Heroes, Bauldurs Gate 2, Fallout and Max Payne 2

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='video_gamer324']- buy 1 PO get one half off[/quote]

that's the same as getting two previously owned games for 25% off (like we can do now). in fact, that deal could result in not saving as much as 25% off each game.[/quote]

Yeah, but that only works at EB. Perhaps CheapyD can get GameStop to do it too. And I see what you're saying about BOGO 1/2 off not being as good as 25% off, but at least my way would ensure that people would have to buy more than one PO game from GameStop if they wanted to save. Either one would work.

ok eb is great aff25 with free shipping is amazing!!

gamestop should of like buy 2 get 1 on po, like their stores do alot, and keep the free shipping

kmart should offer free or $2 shipping, and maybe promo codes once a month for 5$ off something??

overstock im not very familiar with

vgd should sell used games i mean they got good prices but usually you can get anything cheaper used...

I love the by 2 get 1 free deal but not with the price stipulation...

It should be like GameStop does in-store...buy ANY two used games and get one for free (the least expensive out of the 3 is free)

I think on-line when they run it, the two games you buy have to be $30 each...Hey I'm a cheapass...I'm not blowing $60 if I don't have to...

Online price matching is a great idea.

Also I think I should be able to trade in three games to get 1 new release when they do those special promotional offers. Trading in 4 games almost buys me the new game (in store credit) when i trade in normally anyways.

I would just love to see the price of games come down. 49.99 for a game! no way. To much I wait till target clearance. I can see 25 for a game not 50. I mean you dodn't see movies charging 50 for a movie you will probily only watch once. I play these games and they are done in a weekend. There they sit collecting dust. But I think the best thing would be a reward program. Buy so many get points to get prices off next perchase or free stuff. GH's are fine with me as long as its free.

I would like to see a "Netflix" like subscription deal.

Say, you like to get the latest games that come out at $49.99. Buy a pre-paid subscription card for $330.30 that is good for 10 games that originally retail at $49.99. The key is that the customer could only get one game a month off the subscription card. That's 33% off for the customer and the retailer wins by getting guaranteed money up front. The customer could lose their card, forget they even have it, or it could expire. It happens with gift cards all the time and the retailer would win big time from customers like that. The customer wins by saving 33% off if they handle their card with care.

Apply the same thing with games that go for $19.99. A subscription card could go for $133.10 for 10 games (33% off). Limit the customers to one game a month. Customers win with savings and retailers win with customers who lose, forget, or let their subscription card expire.

$39.99 game subscription card, too, I guess (at 33% off).

How this would work with online retailers is that with your initial order of the subscription, they send you a subscription card with the first game you claim from the subscription. That way the customer has a chance to lose his card or whatever. Of course if they don't lose it, the online retailer would have to set up some kind of "enter subscription card number here" box when subscribers want to order a game.

Oh, and if you have a subscription, all games automatically qualify for free shipping when claiming your game from the subscription.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I would just love to see the price of games come down. 49.99 for a game! no way. To much I wait till target clearance. I can see 25 for a game not 50. I mean you dodn't see movies charging 50 for a movie you will probily only watch once. I play these games and they are done in a weekend. There they sit collecting dust. But I think the best thing would be a reward program. Buy so many get points to get prices off next perchase or free stuff. GH's are fine with me as long as its free.[/quote]

I think thats up to the publisher not the store, they can have deals but suggested retail price for most games is 50.

I really like the punch card/points idea. It is feasible and instills loyalty to stick with a particular store. I also like buy two get one free, would love to use this on cheap titles.

Also Prince of Persia price drop for gamecube too, maybe even price mistake :wink: Anything 20 or below would be great, thanks.

1. if a site doesnt have free shipping then i wont buy from it unless its a HUGE deal.

2. buy 1 get 1 half off. NO one does this anymore. This would be a great deal. Im sure everyone here would buy 2 games right away.

3. buy 1 get 1 free. great deal but will prolly never happen again till after thanksgiving.

4. save 20% off any 2 game purchase. (2 49.99 games would = 80bucks thats a good deal)

BIG VOTE for deals similar to Toys R' Us (buy two get one free). I spent over $400 during the GameCube and XBOX deals in the fall of '03. I love that deal.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']1. if a site doesnt have free shipping then i wont buy from it unless its a HUGE deal.[/quote]

For me it doesn't have to be free but two bucks max per game, or at least reasonable. I remember Kmart charging like $5 for one game, that is absolutely ridiculous. I really hate it when sites overcharge for shipping, really ruins good deals, when it doesn't have to, because it makes you feel like they are trying to fool you with their price. EB does a great job with offering cheap, sometimes free shipping. Okay done ranting.

In conclusion cheap everday shipping.

Cheap shipping really makes the difference! I agree I won't buy from sites that charge outragous prices for shipping. Especialy when they send it cheaply packaged and takes two/three weeks and has the possibillty of being broken cause of the cheapness on the package!

yes this has happened to me a few times. Thats why I stopped ordering from sites that charge over 2.00!

[quote name='bmarquardt']The customer could lose their card, forget they even have it, or it could expire. It happens with gift cards all the time and the retailer would win big time from customers like that. The customer wins by saving 33% off if they handle their card with care.[/quote]

The store doesn't win at all on this deal. Owed but unclaimed funds such as unused giftcards or an employee not picking up his last paycheck become state property after a certain amount of time. The store does not get to keep that money.

[quote name='JCDenton'][quote name='bmarquardt']The customer could lose their card, forget they even have it, or it could expire. It happens with gift cards all the time and the retailer would win big time from customers like that. The customer wins by saving 33% off if they handle their card with care.[/quote]

The store doesn't win at all on this deal. Owed but unclaimed funds such as unused giftcards or an employee not picking up his last paycheck become state property after a certain amount of time. The store does not get to keep that money.[/quote]

OK, I guess I was wrong on the gift card issue. But what about on a subscription type card? Like Blockbuster's Rental Cards:

""Cheaper by the Dozen" Pre-Orrder Terms and Conditions
BLOCKBUSTER members can pre-buy "Cheaper by the Dozen" on DVD and seven (7) movie (DVD or VHS) rentals for the price of $29.99 plus tax by April 5, 2004 at participating BLOCKBUSTER store. The movie rentals are redeemable for one (1) free movie rental the week of the date of purchase and for 6 consecutive weeks following the week from the date of purchase at the same participating store location where this pre-order bundle is purchased. Limit one (1) rental redeemed per week. All 7 movie rentals must be placed on the BLOCKBUSTER membership account number used to purchase the pre-order bundle. Weeks begin on Monday and end on Sunday. Your movie rentals will automatically be added to your BLOCKBUSTER membership account, may not be transferred and must be used at the same store where you purchased the movie. Any week(s) skipped cannot be later redeemed and shall be forfeited. If you purchased the movie on Sunday, the first movie rental must be redeemed that day or will be forfeited. This offer is not valid with any other discounts or offers including any price match guarantee. Rental offer excludes game and equipment rentals. Membership rules apply for rental. Purchaser responsible for all applicable taxes and extended viewing fees associated with these rentals. If purchaser rents multiple movies when redeeming these rentals, credit will be applied to the highest rental price. These rentals will NOT count as paid rentals towards BLOCKBUSTER Rewards benefits. Prices may vary. The release date of the movie is subject to change. You must pick up your DVD at the store location where purchased."

The buyer forfeits his rental if he doesn't claim his rental for the week. I'm sure the state does't collect unclaimed rentals from that kind of deal??????

bread's done
Back