Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

[quote name='Jodou']I guess nobody is immune to greed. I won't support their day one DLC and I hope no one else will either.[/QUOTE]

Well, Sony is a business so by default, they have to be greedy and make profits.

But anyway, this day 1 DLC is basically nothing. You won't miss out on any SP or MP content if you don't get it, and if you do get it, you're just going to have a marginal advantage at best in the SP campaign.

[quote name='Jodou']I guess nobody is immune to greed. I won't support their day one DLC and I hope no one else will either.[/QUOTE]

Sony showed their greed long before this... UC3 had an online pass after all. :roll:

I didn't see any Lasy of Us demo for ps+ users in the weekly thread.

I'm pretty sure you need to have GoW:Ascension to access the demo which will be this Friday morning.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i consider day 1 dlc, actual playable content... not dumb bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these are just bonuses for pre-ordering the season pass for future DLC content right? So I don't see that as day one DLC.

[quote name='Donut2922']

I'm pretty sure you need to have GoW:Ascension to access the demo which will be this Friday morning.[/QUOTE]

I know that's early access to the demo.... Hoping they release one for everyone soon though.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I know that's early access to the demo.... Hoping they release one for everyone soon though.[/QUOTE]

They never announced a public demo but given that the game comes out on a Friday, we might see one during the Tuesday updates of the same week.

Still though, I don't expect one since ND didn't have pre-release demos for Unc2 or 3 outside of the MP betas.

Weak... thanks. I really don't want to purchase this without at least trying it out. :/

Edit: I meant at full price. Would blind bite at like $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dead of Knight']Weak... thanks. I really don't want to purchase this without at least trying it out. :/[/QUOTE]

Just buy a used copy of Ascension at Gamestop.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Sony showed their greed long before this... UC3 had an online pass after all. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Which was designed to discourage used sales and came free with all new purchases. . .

I fail to see the correlation between that and 'bribing' players to subscribe to a season pass. Season passes are a scam anyway, since you have no control over the quality of content you receive or if/when you get it. People should be more smart with their money IMO.

[quote name='Donut2922']Just buy a used copy of Ascension at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
are you sure they give out free pass, if you buy used copy of god of war ascension?

[quote name='Jodou']Which was designed to discourage used sales and came free with all new purchases. . .[/QUOTE]

and they ended up giving away MP for free (to a certain extent)

[quote name='YBX87']are you sure they give out free pass, if you buy used copy of god of war ascension?[/QUOTE]

You don't get a replacement code when you get it at GS but the demo is on the game disc itself. I don't think the online pass is required to access it.

[quote name='Donut2922']You don't get a replacement code when you get it at GS but the demo is on the game disc itself. I don't think the online pass is required to access it.[/QUOTE]

This appears to be the case. The demo is on the disc but you're prevented from playing it until May 31st.

And apparently, since Sony is calling this a "early access" demo, a lot of people think there will be a public demo... which does make sense (i.e., early access to the public demo). Some people are saying it'll be released a week later.

I got it to work and it looks like you don't need the Gow AM disc in to play it sweet

the demo is about a half hour give or take ten minutes depending on exploration, if your a fan of uncharted definetly play it. The demo was good can't wait to play the whole game in 2 weeks.

The demo was short but awesome. I love that Naughty Dog isn't just mimicking Uncharted. I loved the Uncharted series because it made me feel like I was an action hero. I felt a constant sense of dread playing the demo for TLOU. I can't wait.

[quote name='Jodou']I fail to see the correlation between that and 'bribing' players to subscribe to a season pass.[/quote]

Greed comes in more forms than just season passes... 1st party online passes is surely one of them. You make money off of every game stamped for the system, every piece of digital content sold, etc. etc. so worrying about used game sales is really going overboard.

[quote name='Jodou']Season passes are a scam anyway, since you have no control over the quality of content you receive or if/when you get it. People should be more smart with their money IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and, no... You usually known what you are getting, though Uncharted 3's was just for MP packs (rather they where map packs and/or new modes we didn't really know when it was released) so they can be of good value... but the problem is, with me at least, I'm usually through with a game before all the content comes out...

Anyhow, back on topic... Glad to hear the demo was good/great. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']So you should be able to Redbox GoW to get the demo I assume?[/QUOTE]

I just rented GOW from Redbox right now and am downloading the demo ;)

Any more impressions on the demo (no spoilers please!)?

I just found out my Dad decided to push back his visit a week to the Friday that LoU comes out, and will be staying the entire weekend. I was really hoping to start/finish the game that weekend too. So much for that.:whistle2:x

Multiplayer details supposedly leaked:

- New feature called "Clans"

- The clan-based system and recruiting is essential to survive hordes of infected (possibly AI or player based clans)

- Possibly free-roam / Big open maps

- You can Craft weapons / Items in Multiplayer from all the supplies you gather

- The Multiplayer has certain random events (sort of like RDR) that happen in your playthrough. Some of which can threaten or help your clan

- The Multiplayer has mini-missions structured for you like surviving a certain amount of time, etc

- You can train Clan members (in what way, its still not clear)

- Depending on how well you train your clan members, you can do rescue missions to free hostages taken during the outbreak

- You'll need to gather supplies to survive (your clan can gather supplies too to be well equipped)

- You can aquire medicines / antibiotics from looting dead bodies throughout your playthrough

- You have 3 matches to complete a Mission (how this works its still unclear)

- Uncharted 3-like, Loadouts makes a comback

- Character Customization possibly back too

- Crouching makes you more accurate by reducing weapon sway

- Mission performance determines how many people you gain or lose

- Mission performance also determines how many One-Use Boosters you earn

- You can spawn next to your teammates

- Boosters are back from UC3, but completeely redesigned and works in a colossaly different way (non-spammable and some are one-time use)

- There might be certain parts of the maps that are contaminated with viruses, you'll need to search/loot for masks or risk getting infected

- Your teammates / Clan members can get infected

Summary:

Basically, you are in this possibly huge/ free-roam map, filled with hordes of infected. You set camp around the map with clan members (basically spawn points). In this map, exists various multiplayer Missions that you can tackle of which will reward you and your teammates greatly. The world is always active, so you have to do your best to get well equipped by looting everything you can find, and crafting the best weapons to prepare for Clickers/Runners invasions.

Ammo is limited and stealth is the prime focus.

Its sort of like a team-oriented, Resident Evil Outbreak hybrid Multiplayer with stealth/survival elements. Ultimately trying to recreate a Walking Dead atmosphere in terms of tension and immersion.

Source

Sounds amazing if this all turns out to be true.

Have already preordered the Survival Edition but can't say that I am particularly impressed by the demo tho a demo is unlikely to be a proper representation of the final game of this size (I don't usually try demo because I feel they rarely properly represent the final game).

Still keeping my preorder, but tho apples and oranges, I will probably not get into it till later, unlike Tomb Raider.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Multiplayer details supposedly leaked:

Source

Sounds amazing if this all turns out to be true.[/QUOTE]

A lot of that does sound interesting...

I'm curious about how the whole clan thing works. Is the clan just for a single MP match? Or do they mean it as a permanent thing (like online clans) that you build upon.

I really hope that MP write up turns out to be true, because that sounds awesome.

I enjoyed the demo, great sound design, nice graphics, and I love the fact that if you mess around too much it's easy to get overwhelmed by the small handful of enemies you encounter. I don't know if it was even available in the demo, but that single enemy encounter cemented my plans to play without using listen mode. Being able to see through walls in any capacity would have totally killed the tension of that scenario. It would be nice to be able to turn off glowing items as well, but that's not a big deal either way.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Multiplayer details supposedly leaked:

Source

Sounds amazing if this all turns out to be true.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I'll be stuck playing more Uncharted 3 if this is true... :lol:

(This brings memories of RDR free roam MP and family didn't much like that.)

Its okay, really... I'm long since been resigned to my fate as the only game to replace Uncharted MP had been another Uncharted game. *sigh*

That said... My own opinion of the MP is I'll just have to play it to see what I think... I have serious reservations about what the rumors suggest it will be... Mostly because I just don't expect anything ND innovative to be awesome. (Their so much better when they mine other companies//genres for ideas.)

[quote name='Vinny']A lot of that does sound interesting...

I'm curious about how the whole clan thing works. Is the clan just for a single MP match? Or do they mean it as a permanent thing (like online clans) that you build upon.[/QUOTE]

considering there is a trophy for having 40 people in your clan, ill guess its a permanent thing.

[quote name='KrebStar']I don't know if it was even available in the demo, but that single enemy encounter cemented my plans to play without using listen mode. Being able to see through walls in any capacity would have totally killed the tension of that scenario. It would be nice to be able to turn off glowing items as well, but that's not a big deal either way.[/QUOTE]

that could very well happen in Survivor difficulty.

[quote name='8bitArtist']considering there is a trophy for having 40 people in your clan, ill guess its a permanent thing.[/QUOTE]Well, hopefully you can be in more than one clan or that's going to be a stupidly difficult trophy to get...

Anyone else have a major problem with the brightness settings in the demo?

I had to turn the in-game brightness setting all the way down and it still looked super bright and washed out. The blacks were light grey at best.

WOW iGN gave it a 10

its getting good reviews thus FAR...

cant wait to get this game
I don't really like IGN's scoring but there seems to be a small portion who didn't like it as much as everyone else. Gamespot gave it an 8 and Polygon gave it a 7.5 (thought the person @ Polygon who reviewed it also gave RE Revelations a 7.5).

EDIT* This was funny... someone tweeted it to the Polygon reviewer.

1368113726727fcutw.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been doing a really good job of avoiding spoilers and reviews. I'm looking forward to dusting off the PS3 and playing this one.

Wow at the reviews.  Went ahead and preordered from Amazon as I definitely want to play this day one and avoid spoilers etc.  $10 free instant video credit is a nice bonus too as the girlfriend and I rent from there sometimes.

Feel a little silly buying day one when I have a lot I want to play in the backlog, but this is definitely a must play at launch game for me.

Feel a little silly buying day one when I have a lot I want to play in the backlog, but this is definitely a must play at launch game for me.
I'm in the same boat but I didn't regret playing Tomb Raider before my backlogged games. With scores like this is getting I might have to bite.

This was a must-have for me until I saw the gameplay demo. I'm still torn about just skipping this and saving money for Watch Dogs, but after all the reviews, I may have to bite with a pre-order at Best Buy and get my $20 certificate back for the preorder.

This was a must-have for me until I saw the gameplay demo. I'm still torn about just skipping this and saving money for Watch Dogs, but after all the reviews, I may have to bite with a pre-order at Best Buy and get my $20 certificate back for the preorder.
I wasn't thrilled with the demo either, but based on the reviews I'm assuming that the demo just didn't capture what makes the game great. I still might have held off, but getting the game for essentially $40 at Best Buy tips the scales. If I don't end up liking it I can probably trade it in to Amazon for at least ~$35.

I can imagine a bunch of people being disappointed because of the review scores/pre-release hype... like they were with Uncharted 2 and BioShock Infinite.

bread's done
Back