NBA 2K11 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='eddie291']Yeah so let's start organizing. So far, here's the people who are interested and posted(in order of posts along with preferred teams):

Matt Young - Chicago Bulls
eddie291 - Miami Heat
Guyver2077 - Miami Heat
matto1233 - ?
thamaster24 - ?
siradam134 - Orlando Magic
sublime90 - Detroit Pistons
doomtown - Sacramento Kings

So 8 guys so far(correct me if i missed anyone). Also we should probably vote on what kind of rosters(fantasy or real).[/QUOTE]
It depends for me. I'm usually only online during the weekends, and even then I'm very busy. I've never done an online league, so I don't know how flexible it is. Anyway, I would like to be the Bulls, but other Matt already called it, so I guess I'll roll with Thunder. I would also prefer a draft.

Decided to take the plunge and pre-order this today. As a kid who had Michael Jordan plastered all over his walls growing up, the Jordan Challenge stuff was just too much too resist.

So, that kinda makes me interested in being in the league. I haven't really played a basketball game since 2K8, and even then...I wasn't very good. So, would it be too absurd if I requested the Lakers if we use real rosters? My logic is giving a crappy player a powerhouse team might actually help balance things out, haha. If we went with fantasy rosters, I'd probably take my local Bobcats or somebody. Anyway, I'm excited to play. It's been quite awhile since I've had a taste for basketball.

[quote name='Matt Young']Also, any word on a league? I just want to know for sure if we're having one and, if so, how things will work. That will determine whether or not I wait to purchase 2K11. As I said, it'd be nice to play as the Bulls.[/QUOTE]

I'd wait til it comes out if you're mostly interested in online play. Last year we tried a league and it never worked because the online was completely F'd last year. People couldn't connect, it was just a mess. Hopefully they have ironed this out because, I don't think after the series of patches they put out last year that they ever fixed it.

Although being a Bulls fan would make this game even better. I saw some videos with Jordan and they look awesome. Can't wait for this game.

Holy hell! Review just went up at IGN with a 9.5 attatched to it...wow
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1124904p1.html

"Honestly, the stuff with Michael Jordan is reason enough to pick up NBA 2K11. The fact that 2K Sports did so much more with this game and improved it so greatly over last year's title is stunning. This isn't just the best basketball game ever; it's the best sports game of this generation."

[quote name='FrankySox']Holy hell! Review just went up at IGN with a 9.5 attatched to it...wow
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1124904p1.html

"Honestly, the stuff with Michael Jordan is reason enough to pick up NBA 2K11. The fact that 2K Sports did so much more with this game and improved it so greatly over last year's title is stunning. This isn't just the best basketball game ever; it's the best sports game of this generation."[/QUOTE]

Wow...bolded part is a huge claim. If this games tops NHL 11 or Fifa, that's a ridiculous accomplishment. It's funny, the first sentence you quoted is what my reasoning was though, haha. Really great to see that the rest of the game does the man on the cover justice as well. Can't wait! :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...bolded part is a huge claim. If this games tops NHL 11 or Fifa, that's a ridiculous accomplishment. It's funny, the first sentence you quoted is what my reasoning was though, haha. Really great to see that the rest of the game does the man on the cover justice as well. Can't wait! :)[/QUOTE]

Being the best sports game this gen is definitely a bold statement, and I couldn't believe it when I read it. I figured they had just made additions to the game with little attention to the actual gameplay. I definitely can't wait for other reviews and am very excited to play this. I thought the Jordan stuff always looked fun, especially the moments that you can play. I'm a Lakers fan and think this stuff looked great so I can't even imagine what Bulls fans, and long time Jordan fans think of it.

I also appreciate the game of basketball and it's history so having all the teams in it I grew up watching just makes it so appealing to me. I can't wait to try and use the Sonics or Jazz to try and take down Jordan!

[quote name='FrankySox']I also appreciate the game of basketball and it's history so having all the teams in it I grew up watching just makes it so appealing to me. I can't wait to try and use the Sonics or Jazz to try and take down Jordan![/QUOTE]

Totally. I'm excited to play as Shawn Kemp and pretend that all of my 53 illegitimate children are at the game cheering me on. Now, that's the stuff dreams are made of. :)

Alright, here's an update to the league(in order of posts along with preferred teams):

[CAG username - preferred team - preferred roster]

Matt Young - Chicago Bulls - (real?)
eddie291 - Miami Heat - fantasy
Guyver2077 - Miami Heat - ?
matto1233 - Oklahoma City Thunder - fantasy
thamaster24 - ? - ?
siradam134 - Orlando Magic - ?
sublime90 - Detroit Pistons - ?
doomtime - Sacramento Kings - real
venom(via PM) - Boston Celtics - ?
Calinks - Minnesota Timberwolves - ?

So 10 guys so far(correct me if i missed anyone). Also we should vote on what kind of rosters(fantasy or real).

[quote name='eddie291']Alright, here's an update to the league(in order of posts along with preferred teams):

[CAG username - preferred team - preferred roster]

Matt Young - Chicago Bulls - (real?)
eddie291 - Miami Heat - fantasy
Guyver2077 - Miami Heat - ?
matto1233 - Oklahoma City Thunder - fantasy
thamaster24 - ? - ?
siradam134 - Orlando Magic - ?
sublime90 - Detroit Pistons - ?
doomtime - Sacramento Kings - real
venom(via PM) - Boston Celtics - ?
Calinks - Minnesota Timberwolves - ?

So 10 guys so far(correct me if i missed anyone). Also we should vote on what kind of rosters(fantasy or real).[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHA...looks like you missed my post at the top of this page. But it's pretty funny because seen apparently has stolen your thunder (the idea...not the team) anyway. Can't wait to see this one get sorted out. :)

[quote name='seen']I'm not stealing anything; I had planned to try to run a league again since 2k10 was an epic fail.[/QUOTE]

I know. It's just odd that eddie's been organizing it for basically the past two weeks, even going as far as figuring out team and roster preference. And your thread doesn't acknowledge any of that.

I will probably wait to purchase until I hear online play isn't screwed. But I'd be interested in using the real rosters and taking the Knicks.

[quote name='seen']If I acknowledged his organization of the teams and preference that would be stealing it from him.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...you have a point there, haha. Ok, I just signed up! :)

Well then...I suppose the league we're doing now is realistic. To any guys who no longer want to participate because of it, no hard feelings here. You're free to leave if you wish.

@n8rockerasu, sorry for missing you there. I just knew I was going to skip someone.

So here's the updated list:

[CAG username - preferred team]

Matt Young - Chicago Bulls
eddie291 - Miami Heat
Guyver2077 - ?
matto1233 - Oklahoma City Thunder
thamaster24 - ?
siradam134 - Orlando Magic
sublime90 - Detroit Pistons
doomtime - Sacramento Kings
venom(via PM) - Boston Celtics
Calinks - Minnesota Timberwolves
n8rockerasu - Charlotte Bobcats
pitfallharry219 - Dallas Mavericks
urmomlikesme - ?
ubernes - New York Knicks

So 14 guys so far. Also, I'm thinking team selection should be on a first come, first serve basis. Meaning Guyver2077 and urmomlikesme will need to choose different teams as the Heat and Bulls are taken.

Anyways, as far as the league goes, I was thinking a simple and relatively short 10-15 game season. It'll give us a litmus test to see how it goes for a second season. Assuming everything goes to plan, we should play 2 games every week, or at the very least, 2 games every 10 days. From there, the top 8 teams will go to the playoffs. I'm thinking the playoffs should be a 3 game series for all the rounds.

I'm thinking the league should start next weekend. That way, it'll give us some time to get acquainted with the game and its new features, and time for people to actually get the game. Lastly, if you guys have different views, on the playoffs, the amount of games we play, etc., then please, don't hesitate to say anything. I'm open to any suggestions.

Oh, and I'll make a thread for it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between everything I'm playing now, I kinda lost my excitement for this, but after reading that review I am probably more excited than I ever was!

Why I am buying NBA 2K11

- Michael Jordan of course
- Dynamic crowds that slowly fill during the 1st quarter or leave early in the 4th if you are lossing.
- Cheerleaders and out of bound interactions I hope Rodman will kick a photographer when he flies out of bounds
- Fully detailed Mascots on the sidelines.
- I'll try and post it from NEOGAF but the complete Moves list is staggering.
- 60 frames per second game play.

Why can't they make two modes where one is a simulation and the other has arcade gameplay like the old NBA 2K games on Dreamcast?

I played the demo and although it was fun, there is a point where a game gets too realistic. I want to be able to dunk 5 out of 10 times, and the other 5 times do sweet fadeaways. I'm not talking NBA Jam level, but come on. This is a videogame!

I would join both leagues if I'm allowed to, and I would choose the Memphis Grizzlies in both. Sent you a PM Eddie.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']HAHAHAHA...somebody tell me what this means

eddie291seen[/QUOTE]

It looks like he's winning the pre-game text poll ;)

I guess I should have thread-jacked this NBA 2k11 topic instead of creating a thread for a league.

[quote name='seen']It looks like he's winning the pre-game text poll ;)

I guess I should have thread-jacked this NBA 2k11 topic instead of creating a thread for a league.[/QUOTE]

Haha, really. I just had a feeling that the communication was lacking...and got the impression that he was taking charge with the league. It doesn't help that he put me down for my team choice IF we were using fantasy teams...after announcing that we were going with real rosters. My first preference still isn't taken, so I don't know what that's about, but the awareness level in here is a bit off.

I'd strongly advise against having two leagues out of the gate though. It's hard enough to get one league to work. And with some people picking the same team in both...I really don't see the point. Seems like eddie and seen need to communicate and get something hammered out.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, really. I just had a feeling that the communication was lacking...and got the impression that he was taking charge with the league. It doesn't help that he put me down for my team choice IF we were using fantasy teams...after announcing that we were going with real rosters. My first preference still isn't taken, so I don't know what that's about, but the awareness level in here is a bit off.

I'd strongly advise against having two leagues out of the gate though. It's hard enough to get one league to work. And with some people picking the same team in both...I really don't see the point. Seems like eddie and seen need to communicate and get something hammered out.[/QUOTE]

I actually wanted to wait and see how many people were willing to play in a league, fantasy or not(and for the record, I prefer fantasy). I supposed I jumped the gun once I saw seen create a league(and hence the reason why I switched it to a real roster league).

In retrospect, I probably should've mentioned something before starting the league. The game isn't out yet so we can still work something out anyways.

[quote name='eddie291']I actually wanted to wait and see how many people were willing to play in a league, fantasy or not(and for the record, I prefer fantasy). I supposed I jumped the gun once I saw seen create a league(and hence the reason why I switched it to a real roster league).

In retrospect, I probably should've mentioned something before starting the league. The game isn't out yet so we can still work something out anyways.[/QUOTE]

It's understandable, man. I know everybody is just really pumped about the game coming out. But lack of communication is one of the biggest things that kills leagues. I was just hoping everybody could get on the same page because it seemed like you guys were acting completely independent of each other, unaware of what the other was doing. Hopefully that can be sorted out.

[quote name='rvdrock']Btw, IGN gave it a 9.5 and said its the best sports game this generation...[/QUOTE]

I take it that means they won't be releasing patches a month after the release date and they fixed the bug with 2K10 where you couldn't start an online game sometimes?

I want to buy it at launch, but last year really irritated me since it had to be patched so much.

Community Wide Red Alert!!

Anyone looking to pick up NBA2K11 better do so ASAP. Why?

Take2 the publisher 2K Sports never expected, that NBA Elite 11 Would Never ship.

Retailers have enough copies of for the typical normal demand year after year this year is way different not only is NBA2K11 being called the BEST EVER. But there is no other game to go up against it. Period.

working with my uncle at COSTCO he is the manager I hang around the main office, and COSTCO corporate says the retail channels are dry. My uncle was trying to order another shipment for the store we only got 55 copies. Plus 55 copies of NBA Elite 11 which had to go back to EA.

We can't get anymore til December. I spoke with my Gamestop buddy who is a manager and says they won;t have anymore NBA2K11 til November maybe.

2K Sports only printed so many Disks.

[quote name='MrYouTube']Community Wide Red Alert!!

Take2 the publisher 2K Sports never expected, that NBA Elite 11 Would Never ship.

Retailers have enough copies of for the typical normal demand year after year this year is way different not only is NBA2K11 being called the BEST EVER. But there is no other game to go up against it. Period.

working with my uncle at COSTCO he is the manager I hang around the main office, and COSTCO corporate says the retail channels are dry. My uncle was trying to order another shipment for the store we only got 55 copies. Plus 55 copies of NBA Elite 11 which had to go back to EA.

We can't get anymore til December. I spoke with my Gamestop buddy who is a manager and says they won;t have anymore NBA2K11 til November maybe.

2K Sports only printed so many Disks.[/QUOTE]
Amazon

[quote name='MrYouTube']Community Wide Red Alert!!

2K Sports only printed so many Disks.[/QUOTE]

If it comes from the nephew of a Costco manager...

*all together kids!*

IT MUST BE TRUE!!!

:lol:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If it comes from the nephew of a Costco manager...

*all together kids!*

IT MUST BE TRUE!!!

:lol:[/QUOTE]

People do work there you know. I don't know or care where you work, most likely employees tend to know stuff before the general public does.

one more day!!

Some pics to get everyone excited..

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

cant wait for tomorrow after work. i cheated and looked at the opening intro on youtube and wow im happy im off work wednesday, 2 solid days of playing for me.

I never buy sports games @ launch, but NBA2K11 and Michael Jordan make this one a REALLY tough decision ... given my backlog, I might wait a bit ... but we'll see ...

Looks like I will break down and get the Kmart $20 gaming coupon tomorrow with 2k11. No new games coming out (other than Black Ops which I have preordered from Wal Mart) so I figured I will just use the $20 towards Microsoft points. Figured $60 isn't too bad for 2k11 and 1600 points.

My only concern being in Miami from Chicago, this is of course the best B-Ball game of ALL time for me personally is.

That the HEAT are not very deep coming off the bench. Subs will be a problem.

I'm still undecided if I should pick this up on day one or wait a couple of months, but I just have to say that the team rankings are a little silly. Suns are 23rd overall, behind such great teams like the Bobcats (16), Grizzlies (15) and Kings (21). :roll:

My excitement for the NBA season simmered down a little bit after Boozers freak injury Saturday (tripping over a bag my butt). Hopefully playing this tommorow will revive that excitement. Can't wait!

[quote name='yukine']I'm still undecided if I should pick this up on day one or wait a couple of months, but I just have to say that the team rankings are a little silly. Suns are 23rd overall, behind such great teams like the Bobcats (16), Grizzlies (15) and Kings (21). :roll:[/QUOTE]

The Suns are going to suck this year. Nash is 80 and they lost their inside dominance. Stoudamire was one of the best players in the NBA last year during the second half of the season, without him they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

You should definitely pick up the game!

bread's done
Back