NBA 2K12 - October 4th - The Greatest Mode Full Reveal

Yeah maybe... lol. I just dont like the idea of simming games. I just played another game and got 39-15 and 5 blocks with RAAM. If this continues i might have to up the difficulty. Im playing on pro right now, which i think is the easiest difficulty in My Player.

I had a glitch during the game where they showed NBA team leaders in assists and most of them were in the 20-29 range, but my team was in #1 spot and it said we average 78 assists a game. LOL

Also lately ive noticed that the game kind of lags a little sometimes near center court as the camera moves from one side to the other. I use the broadcast camera i think. The one that was in the demo.

The bad thing about playing key games is if you get drafted by a bad team they will seriously only have key games against their rivals........roughly 8 games a year.

I wouldnt mind simming a few but damn. I once hit play next key game in Nov and it simmed past the all star break to the 2nd to last game of the season. Roughly 50 games.

When you look at the team schedule it shows dates with a white border, i assume those are key games. I looked at mine and had 3 in december, but hardly any for the rest of the season. I wish there was a way to sim only 1 game, and play the games i choose.

WOW WTF, last night my dude scores 39 and 40 in two different games, today i cant buy a basket. Every shot misses. Also i simmed to next key game and didnt get any skill points. Unless they add it to his stats for me? But that would be stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where to find the different covers to print out? Amazon only gave links for the front of the box but the back of box is different as well.

Man, I hate how this game (2k has always done this) will refuse to do anything that will upset the predetermined awards.

My, My Player only leads the league in scoring and steals, average good rebounding and asst numbers but I cant even get looked at for All Star or MVP awards.

Oh whats this? Most Improved player award?!?!?!? Just what I always wanted.

I made it as an all star. I was 2nd in voting for west centers behind al jefferson. Im not up for any awards except rookie of the year. I just hope my team can make the playoffs. It seems like every time i play a key game, we lose.

Ive said it before, but damn its annoying how my 7-2 center, with 95 def rebound rating gets out rebounded by teammates, even guards. Its also annoying when my matchup switches on me for some unknown reason and i get assigned to guy some guy out at the 3 point line who is in the middle of draining a 3 when i realize the game switched my matchups on me. Also there are games where im constatly being guarded in the paint by the point guard, while their center is on my PG. I try to take advantage of it every time, but my player sometimes fails to make a wide open shot over a guy he can barely see.

Its still really fun, i must have played 4+ games yesterday. Some of the drills are annoying. I fail so fast at them, especially the dribble one. I did that once and couldnt get past the part with that cardboard guy you have to dribble past. Its annoying when i end up wasiting drills like that and getting hardly anything from them.

Is there anyway to export your My Player into the game roster free agents?

[quote name='The 7th Number']

Is there anyway to export your My Player into the game roster free agents?[/QUOTE]

"We" think that will be in the DLC. Don't know though.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I made it as an all star. I was 2nd in voting for west centers behind al jefferson. Im not up for any awards except rookie of the year. I just hope my team can make the playoffs. It seems like every time i play a key game, we lose.

Ive said it before, but damn its annoying how my 7-2 center, with 95 def rebound rating gets out rebounded by teammates, even guards. Its also annoying when my matchup switches on me for some unknown reason and i get assigned to guy some guy out at the 3 point line who is in the middle of draining a 3 when i realize the game switched my matchups on me. Also there are games where im constatly being guarded in the paint by the point guard, while their center is on my PG. I try to take advantage of it every time, but my player sometimes fails to make a wide open shot over a guy he can barely see.

Its still really fun, i must have played 4+ games yesterday. Some of the drills are annoying. I fail so fast at them, especially the dribble one. I did that once and couldnt get past the part with that cardboard guy you have to dribble past. Its annoying when i end up wasiting drills like that and getting hardly anything from them.

Is there anyway to export your My Player into the game roster free agents?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its still pretty awesome and really fun to play despite the annoyances.

Make sure you are not jumping too soon. That was my biggest problem when trying to rebound with my 6 foot 7 guy. I would always jump as soon as it clanked off the rim and always would miss the rebound because I was on the way down from jumping. I dont know if that helps but I constantly have to remind myself to not jump early for rebounds.

As for getting switch....yeah the game actually switches too well now. The CPU expects you to pick up people almost instantly, although it doesnt punish you too badly for missing the assignment.

Ah well...just minor gripes for me.

another thing i hate are the animations. If i go for a steal my guys runs 15 feet in that direction and i have to take 5 seconds to turn around to finally start to run back to where i was. Ok that might be a bit exaggerating, but its those animations that really annoy me. No idea why my man has to run 15 feet whenever i try to do something. But if i lightly move the analog he barely moves. Or i hate when i try to block and i press the button but the game doesnt let me attempt it.

Dude this game is great but has a couple issues. Those issues are some of the worst aspects of any game ever and is really starting to make me want to punch the world in the nuts.

2 things stand out. 1 the shooting. Never have I been so aware of when the CPU wants me to miss shots. Since I am playing my player I know exactly were my attr are and I am constantly blown away that my 97 3 point shot 95 mid range shot player will go 4 for 15 regular on open set shots. I even had to turn on the shot stick timing to make sure I wasnt right. Its green almost every single time. I cant even handle it anymore, seeing my guy miss an open 3 ball while CJ Miles can hit fadeaway over centers any time he wants.

Now the 2nd thing is even more annoying than the first. Has anyone ever tried just walking from on side of the court to the other? From lets say the 3 point line to the block?

Why is it that I have to go through FIVE BILLIONS fuckING PUSHING ANIMATION to get anywhere on the floor? I cant even run plays because by the time I get from the block to the 3 point line the shot clock has ran out.

I can not believe how anyone can play this not as a PG because it would be impossible to do anything when you cant even move around the court.

Yeah the push animations are annoying. Whenever we run an inbound play i just let the cpu control my player and he can walk through traffic without even being pushed. but if i try to do it i get pushed 3+ times just trying to get to the area where i set the initial pick. I also hate how guys in the post can size me up, face to face, and blow right by me walking as slow as they can. All the time while im holding LT to try to guard them from getting anywhere in the paint.

One thing i notice is it seems like the CPU knows if a guy is going to make a shot or not. Whenever i get in the paint easy as hell they always make it because cpu is always running back to the other side of the court. If they know they will miss they will be boxing out.

One thing about shots is the tab under attributes.... my player has a lot of high ratings now, but if you go to the tab under attributes where it tells you if he is poor, good, great at certain shots, moves, whatever, that might be a reason why you are missing open shots? Maybe your offensive awareness is low?

I finished my first season a couple days ago and we didnt make the playoffs. I didnt start year 2, but im already thinking to force a trade. Our team sucked, and the trades we made, just made us a worse team. Plus we didnt add anyone to our roster in the offseason except some generic players. But i wont start season 2 until im done with batman.

Has anyone else started a season and used the custom league feature to sub in all the classic teams when applicable? I know it doesn't make any sense and creates a world with multiple Shaqs and Robert Horrys (among others), but I find it pretty damn entertaining!

[quote name='chriscolbert']Has anyone else started a season and used the custom league feature to sub in all the classic teams when applicable? I know it doesn't make any sense and creates a world with multiple Shaqs and Robert Horrys (among others), but I find it pretty damn entertaining![/QUOTE]

Houston rockets trade robert horry to the los angeles lakers for robert horry. LMAO!

[quote name='chriscolbert']Has anyone else started a season and used the custom league feature to sub in all the classic teams when applicable? I know it doesn't make any sense and creates a world with multiple Shaqs and Robert Horrys (among others), but I find it pretty damn entertaining![/QUOTE]

It's great I've got the 94-95 Magic and I'm in the Finals against the 97-98 Lakers. Young Shaq v. Prime Shaq it's great.

Really annoying thing though, I forgot to save the first time I played and I entered the code for the Pre-order teams. It didn't save and i no longer have the teams. I threw away the sheet with my code on it after I put it in. I emailed 2k and they misunderstood my question and now I just got off the phone with them and they don't have any codes?

WTF, so I never get the teams again...

These codes really need to all go through the dashboard and not through the games themselves.

[quote name='thamaster24']It's great I've got the 94-95 Magic and I'm in the Finals against the 97-98 Lakers. Young Shaq v. Prime Shaq it's great.

Really annoying thing though, I forgot to save the first time I played and I entered the code for the Pre-order teams. It didn't save and i no longer have the teams. I threw away the sheet with my code on it after I put it in. I emailed 2k and they misunderstood my question and now I just got off the phone with them and they don't have any codes?

WTF, so I never get the teams again...

These codes really need to all go through the dashboard and not through the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

If you still had the sheet of paper, you could redeem it again. That has happened to me like, 5 times now? Yeah, so fucking lame. I've heard of people uploading them to the 2K Share server, take a look around there.

Edit: That DLC is so bought. Hondo in CAL? Yes. Bird in CAL? Yes. Russell in CAL? Yes. More legends sounds pretty dope too.

Just read the part about the newer legends not being utilized in the retail game.... Bummer.

[quote name='advanced']If you still had the sheet of paper, you could redeem it again. That has happened to me like, 5 times now? Yeah, so fucking lame. I've heard of people uploading them to the 2K Share server, take a look around there.
[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks I hope they're on there.

It's weird because I've played with the 01-02 Kings on the account before but they no longer show up

[quote name='thamaster24']Alright, thanks I hope they're on there.

It's weird because I've played with the 01-02 Kings on the account before but they no longer show up[/QUOTE]

It was part of the roster and settings saves, so if those didn't save after using the code, they get lost. So lame. But people have been uploading them (using the Association workaround).

im curious about the pre order bonus teams. the warriors and kings......i was to believe you get those teams if you pre ordered? i pre ordered from new egg and never got a code. as far as the DLC i might get it, horse seems like a really cool idea and 2 on 2. dont really care for the rest as of right now.

[quote name='sublime90']im curious about the pre order bonus teams. the warriors and kings......i was to believe you get those teams if you pre ordered? i pre ordered from new egg and never got a code. as far as the DLC i might get it, horse seems like a really cool idea and 2 on 2. dont really care for the rest as of right now.[/QUOTE]

There should be a paper in by the instructions with a code? Not really a pre order bonus, just should be in every copy for the first few shipments. Something like that.

I am going to give them a pass on this but it still cause for concern. For my player they need to just allow you to play whatever game you want.

Playing just the key games is good in theory but once you realize you will play the exact same team dozens of times it gets a little depressing. For example, if I wanted to play the Lakers the only way to do it would be to sim to key games then play each and every next game until I got to the Lakers.

The criteria for a key game isnt broad or dynamic so it becomes a chore to get through. My player is a PG but why am I vsing the 20-60 Nets? Just because they have D.Will? Who cares their record shows them not even being competitive. Its not a key game because it has no basis to change anything, I am already making the playoffs they are one of the worst in the league.

Using the Key games feature will basically make you vs the same half dozen teams your entire career. I dont understand why potential playoff or finals match-ups dont qualify for key games. I got drafted by the Pistons as a PG, lets take the month of march in my season. I vsed, Bucks on the 3rd, Bulls 4th, Pacers 7th, Wizards 15th, Bucks 17th, C's 18, Nets 22nd, C's 24th, Packers 25. Then in April it will be Thunder, C's, Wizards, Bulls, Nets.

Its way to much of the same times over and over.

Just let us play whatever the hell we want. Its just better that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded an update for 2K12 just now and suddenly the teams that I'd unlocked in the NBA's Greatest mode are all locked again. So that sucks.

bread's done
Back