NBA 2K19 Xbox One $2.99 (price glitch?)

People really will buy anything if they think they're getting a deal lol. The NBA 2K games are worthless if you don't spend real money on VC.

Crazy they already offering it at such a deep discount.
Because they expect people cough up cash for their crappy in game loot boxes(called card packs in this game) to make up for the discount.. Plus in another 3 months,it'll be pointless to own this game when the new one comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
People really will buy anything if they think they're getting a deal lol. The NBA 2K games are worthless if you don't spend real money on VC.
Those modes are trash though. Not sure why people take the bait. Just play friends online or start a season/franchise. There really are a lot of modes that aren't tainted by that garbage.

Those modes are trash though. Not sure why people take the bait. Just play friends online or start a season/franchise. There really are a lot of modes that aren't tainted by that garbage.
yeah if you want to play the MyPlayer mode or the fantasy card game (whatever you cal it) you either have to grind for hundreds of hours or pay to have a decent player or team. You can however play with NBA teams online, offline vs or coop, season and franchise modes without the VC pay to win stuff. Just know what your getting and you won’t be disgusted.

Exactly. I never touch that crap. My buddy and I play a fantasy draft league with all the players from the classic teams and it's a blast.

NBA 2k20 would make this obsolete, but that is the case with any sports game. That next year edition always essentially shuts it down. I'm interested in essentially having an updated NBA video game experience. 

Question is....if you never play it....what's the point of buying it!

NBA 2k20 would make this obsolete, but that is the case with any sports game. That next year edition always essentially shuts it down. I'm interested in essentially having an updated NBA video game experience.

Question is....if you never play it....what's the point of buying it!
To own it.

This is such a good deal if you like basketball. For the price of a redbox rental, you get to own it. I have only played one game so far and it's already worth it. There is plenty to do in this game and no, next years version that will retail for $59.99 does not make this version obsolete. I am still playing MLB The Show 17 because of all the content in it.

I don’t play 2K but isn’t VC a MyTeam or MyPlayer only thing? Does VC affect Season or Franchise in any way?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t play 2K but isn’t VC a MyTeam or MyPlayer only thing? Does VC affect Season or Franchise in any way?
yeah you don’t have to buy VC to enjoy Season, Franchise, play now etc. MyTeam and MyPlayer are the most blatant money grabs in games. Those modes make the Star Wars Battlefront loot boxes look like a steal!

bread's done
Back