NBA 2K5 League: Where we're always behind in the OP

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='gomer1andonly'][quote name='Rich'][quote name='SteveMcQ']Good game today Rich. Exciting OT game between Knicks and Pacers at MSG.

The more I play this game though (and by more, I mean only playing league games) the more I hate it. There's just so many stupid things that happen in the game. How many times do these guys step out of bounds for no reason? And why are my shooters if they're wide open not squaring up to the basket and instead facing the other court or worse, spins to the wrong shoulder and takes a 20 foot fadeaway? Ridiculous game.[/quote]

Beats Houston going into an AI induced slump. He went shaq-fuing 4 for 16 from beyond the arch man. I then played Chris right after you and Houston went 21 for 32 or something. My guys couldn't hit shots for shit during that game, and I'm positive I had the timing down.

PS--why no mic? I hate when people don't use mics. I wanted to yell at your for making me wait for you to walk down the court every damn possesion. :lol: :lol:[/quote]

No offense or anything, just the reason I hate pro setting overall: People live on 3's, they're insanely easy on pro setting for any good three point shooter. Seeing someone take 30 or so 3's with one person is nuts....and to make 21 or so is even worse. It's not realistic, hell most teams in real life dont take 30 three point attempts a night. Just a little of a rant on my part cause I play on Hall of Fame mode since its more like a real game. Yes Hall of Fame mode is harder to make shots, but it makes you work a realistic offense and unlike playing the computer, playing Hall of Fame on live isnt insanely difficult against the AI.[/quote]

I've been on the wrong end of those 3 point barrages the last two games. Especially the last one with the Mavs and Nowitzki. It was ridiculous. No matter what you did, it'd just keep going in. Made no sense for me working the paint since I'd trade shots inside with 3s. Oh well.[/quote]

Nowitzki is god though :)[/quote]

He's got the head of a zombie though. I still can't get over that picture. Yikes!

I saw a beating you put on Houston tonight. I was playing MLB and saw you on. Nearly doubled the guy's score and he had 58!!!! I'm amazed.

Nowitzki still looks scary though.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I saw a beating you put on Houston tonight. I was playing MLB and saw you on. Nearly doubled the guy's score and he had 58!!!! I'm amazed.

Nowitzki still looks scary though.[/quote]

Believe it or not but we were under 10 points aprt in second quarter then my time got hot and game me the 70+ point win :)

[quote name='Hot Sizzle'][quote name='Mistik']I actually understand what DoubleDown was talking about since in my game this week there was horrible lag in some spots, mostly the second quarter. But I stuck it out and it went away (mostly) in a second half.[/quote]

Is everyone in this league living on the east coast? The lag last week was a lot worse tho since it even lagged in the start menu, but at least this time the spots it did lag didn't affect your shots or free throws. You were leading the whole entire game tho, so I can understand if you're mad about losing but you can't blame it on the little lagging spots, just blame it on Kobe :notworth:[/quote]

Actually I was talking about my game with RandyTsai. I didn't have much lag in our game at all. It was that damn Kobe...

Ok heres where we stand. I am waiting on Matt and Franky to play their play in game to get the Pistons. If its not played by the end of the day today, Matt will be rewarded with the Pistons, based on speaking up first. And then will have to play larlee as soon as possible to get this show on the road. Once thats done and if I'm available, I will immediately advance the week. So gomer hit me up with a pm of times that are convient for you. Nothing after 9pm EST during the week, due to work. Thanks and good luck guys. Next league will be better managed.

[quote name='Mistik'][quote name='Hot Sizzle'][quote name='Mistik']I actually understand what DoubleDown was talking about since in my game this week there was horrible lag in some spots, mostly the second quarter. But I stuck it out and it went away (mostly) in a second half.[/quote]

Is everyone in this league living on the east coast? The lag last week was a lot worse tho since it even lagged in the start menu, but at least this time the spots it did lag didn't affect your shots or free throws. You were leading the whole entire game tho, so I can understand if you're mad about losing but you can't blame it on the little lagging spots, just blame it on Kobe :notworth:[/quote]

Actually I was talking about my game with RandyTsai. I didn't have much lag in our game at all. It was that damn Kobe...[/quote]

LOL oops my bad, I probly shoulda looked at who posted that...haha I thought you were the sonics owner, sori :whistle2:# Yea our game was just fine.

ok, as soon as i figure out how to add matt to the league, larlee and matt can play. or if everyone is cool with it, i just start a new week, give larlee the win and let matt start off on the new week. let me know either way, b/c the deadline is today.

Honestly, I should be home for the rest of the day, so whatever time works for you is okay with me. If I end up being unavailable for any reason, though, I'll let you know.

However, I cannot play until Craven informs me as to how I can join the league. I'm pretty sure that what he has to do is send me an invite via PM on the espnvideogames.com website, because that's what had to be done for me to replace a team owner in an MLB2K5 league I joined.

[quote name='Matt Young']Honestly, I should be home for the rest of the day, so whatever time works for you is okay with me. If I end up being unavailable for any reason, though, I'll let you know.

However, I cannot play until Craven informs me as to how I can join the league. I'm pretty sure that what he has to do is send me an invite via PM on the espnvideogames.com website, because that's what had to be done for me to replace a team owner in an MLB2K5 league I joined.[/quote]

the invite should be there. thats what i've been trying to figure out for a while now. unless you guys get this played in the next few hours, the week will be advance tomorrow morning. sorry about the sloppiness this week, but what can you do when someone drops out. life goes on. hopefully no one else decides to quit

I accepted the invite, so any time you're ready, jlarlee, let me know. I'll keep refreshing this every 10 minutes or so. I'm also sending a friend request to you now so I can see when you get on without having to be in the League Lobby.

Well, I got this PM:

To: Matt Young
Posted: March 13, 2005, 11:16 pm
Subject: Re: NBA game
sorry man I got diverted is there anytime monday night you can play?
----------------

I sent a reply asking if we could play right then, but no answer. I guess he went to bed.

I'm fine with playing tomorrow at the earliest possible time if you can wait to advance the schedule, but I understand that people might want to play games tomorrow so that may not be possible.

I'd really like to earn the win or the loss rather than have the game simmed, but of course you must do what is best for the majority of league members. Just let me know what the deal is.

Never mind on the waiting. He was still up and PM'ed me and we got our game in. I lost, but I didn't do too badly for my first time as Detroit I guess. Thankfully, the trend of playing cool guys from CAG continued. It's good to have guys to play against who don't talk shit the whole game like you often see on Live.

Whomever I play my next game against, just PM me or respond here with a time that's convenient for you. I'm still searching for a job at the moment, so my schedule is pretty flexible. I don't do mornings usually, but other than that, I can make myself available at a time that is convenient for you.

Also, if anyone wants to get some practice games in, add me to your friends list.

[quote name='Matt Young']Never mind on the waiting. He was still up and PM'ed me and we got our game in. I lost, but I didn't do too badly for my first time as Detroit I guess. Thankfully, the trend of playing cool guys from CAG continued. It's good to have guys to play against who don't talk shit the whole game like you often see on Live.

Whomever I play my next game against, just PM me or respond here with a time that's convenient for you. I'm still searching for a job at the moment, so my schedule is pretty flexible. I don't do mornings usually, but other than that, I can make myself available at a time that is convenient for you.

Also, if anyone wants to get some practice games in, add me to your friends list.[/quote]

Yea I enjoyed the game too. Your a saint for not getting irritated by the obscene # of shots Pierce was hitting. Now i get a big dose of dirk next game as chris avenges our first match and beats me by 40

[quote name='"jlarlee"'][quote name='Matt Young']Never mind on the waiting. He was still up and PM'ed me and we got our game in. I lost, but I didn't do too badly for my first time as Detroit I guess. Thankfully, the trend of playing cool guys from CAG continued. It's good to have guys to play against who don't talk shit the whole game like you often see on Live.

Also, if anyone wants to get some practice games in, add me to your friends list.[/quote]

Yea I enjoyed the game too. Your a saint for not getting irritated by the obscene # of shots Pierce was hitting. Now i get a big dose of dirk next game as chris avenges our first match and beats me by 40

Cant wait to play this match, just hit me up with a PM or post in here what works for you, Im free basically after 8 pm everyday except weekendss

[quote name='"ChrisXE"'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Matt Young']Never mind on the waiting. He was still up and PM'ed me and we got our game in. I lost, but I didn't do too badly for my first time as Detroit I guess. Thankfully, the trend of playing cool guys from CAG continued. It's good to have guys to play against who don't talk shit the whole game like you often see on Live.

Cant wait to play this match, just hit me up with a PM or post in here what works for you, Im free basically after 8 pm everyday except weekendss[/quote]

I'm beat tonight maybe some time tommorrow night?

[quote name='"jlarlee"'][quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Matt Young']Never mind on the waiting. He was still up and PM'ed me and we got our game in. I lost, but I didn't do too badly for my first time as Detroit I guess. Thankfully, the trend of playing cool guys from CAG continued. It's good to have guys to play against who don't talk shit the whole game like you often see on Live.

sounds good

Cant wait to play this match, just hit me up with a PM or post in here what works for you, Im free basically after 8 pm everyday except weekendss[/quote]

I'm beat tonight maybe some time tommorrow night?[/quote]

Even if everyone had tried to play yesterday, it wouldn't have been possible due to the commish sleeping all day. So to everyone, I apologize about the hold up both this weekend and then yesterday by not advancing the schedule. Hopefully we can get 2 games in by next monday, so that the league is sorta back on track. Thanks for understanding and good luck this week.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, my Gamertag in the league is RiverCity Gunit, but that was my old tag before I changed it, so if you're playing the Lakers and get challenged by the gamertag Militant Mind, accept it cuz that's just me ready to play our league game.

Sorry for the confusion, I dunno why it shows my old tag still.

Son of a bitch, another game another 1 possesion loss. I missed the 3 with 7 seconds left, then called the timeout on the rebound. Inbounded it, tried to pass it to Houston behind the 3 (was down by 3) and it went inside and he took the shot. ARG!

Once again Houston is cold as fuck. Kobe is unstoppable--I wish I had an unstoppable player. :(

GG Rich, yea was wondering why u shot inside the 3pt line for ur last shot.

The one thing bad about kobe tho is that he's not a great 3pt shooter, i think his rating is 77 or sumpin in 3pts, so I can't really bomb 3's with him. The double teams slowed him down tho, too bad no one else on my team is as reliable as him, freaking Butler missing easy layups.

League play is the greatest thing ever. Losing sucks that much more, winning feels that much better, and close games are that much funner.

[quote name='Hot Sizzle']Just thought I'd let everyone know, my Gamertag in the league is RiverCity Gunit, but that was my old tag before I changed it, so if you're playing the Lakers and get challenged by the gamertag Militant Mind, accept it cuz that's just me ready to play our league game.

Sorry for the confusion, I dunno why it shows my old tag still.[/quote]

fixed that, but it wasn't updated until i saw that. you've got to let me know on things like that man. i'm only 1 guy and thats the 1st time that was brought to my attention.

[quote name='Matt Young']Agreed, Rich.

I sent a PM to San Antonio yesterday, but still no response. :(

Craven, you can probably edit the title of the thread now. ;)[/quote]

done Matt. new title and all

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='Hot Sizzle']Just thought I'd let everyone know, my Gamertag in the league is RiverCity Gunit, but that was my old tag before I changed it, so if you're playing the Lakers and get challenged by the gamertag Militant Mind, accept it cuz that's just me ready to play our league game.

Sorry for the confusion, I dunno why it shows my old tag still.[/quote]

fixed that, but it wasn't updated until i saw that. you've got to let me know on things like that man. i'm only 1 guy and thats the 1st time that was brought to my attention.
[/quote]

Sorry Craven, I didn't even know you could fix that cuz I joined other espn leagues and they all did that, so I figured it was an xbox live issue. If I knew you could do that, I woulda said sumthin a lot sooner. Anyways thanks for fixing it :D

We're still behind in the OP. It lists Double Down as Detroit's owner. :p

Heh,... but my real reason for posting was to ask if anyone has heard from Mistik. He hasn't responded to my PM, nor has he posted in this thread, and he has no IM info available here or on the league site.

[quote name='Matt Young']We're still behind in the OP. It lists Double Down as Detroit's owner. :p

Heh,... but my real reason for posting was to ask if anyone has heard from Mistik. He hasn't responded to my PM, nor has he posted in this thread, and he has no IM info available here or on the league site.[/quote]

i know theres so much to update in the OP hence the topic. not sure about mistik, he hasn't had any problems yet....that i've been informed of, so i'll give it a few more days then step in.

[quote name='ChrisXE']Hey jarlee good game, really close one[/quote]

when 20 points is a close game you know chris is dominating. At least I got dirk's season average under 50 thanks to his measley 39 points

lets try to get this week advanced before tuesday. lets try to get these 3 games out of the way so we can advance ASAP. as soon as the last game is played, someone hit me up on AIM and I'll advance the schedule.

I've been having problems with AIM the last couple weeks, but I'm about to restart my computer to see if maybe I can get it working again temporarily. It worked fine a few days ago.

But Mistik, I guess we just missed each other yesterday. I sent you a PM to see when you'd be available next, so just let me know.

I think Sunday will be the earliest I can play RandyTsai (Memphis). He's had work and I couldn't stay up, but we are setting something up for Sunday.

I hate NBA 2K5.

As anyone who has played me will tell you, I am about as friendly and easygoing as anyone could possibly be, even if I get destroyed. But this game is seriously testing my patience.

I have an online record of 2-8. Aside from a loss to some random guy and one to Gomer, every single game has been lost by 2 or, at most, 4 points.

I'll have a small lead usually, and on a couple occasions, a 10 point edge, and then my guys will all go cold and miss evrything while the otehr team makes all their shots. I lost 3 straight games to a friend of mine by 2 points a piece due to this tupe of stuff, and the same thing happened in my league game tonight. It was tied until the last 3 minutes, then I lost by 13.

Raising the difficulty makes the game more fun and realistic and cuts down on 3's, but those losses to my friend were all on All-Star difficulty. I don't know what the deal is... I've played as several different teams- Minnesota (my favorite), detroit (for league games and to practice for the league), Phoenix, Chicago... it never ends.

In the league game tonight, I actually didn't have the problem of the game freezing and going to the "waiting for opponent" screen which had been happening in every game I'd been playing even though I had an all green connection, but then this happens.

I'm not upset at anyone I played, but rather the game itself. If I'm going to lose, I want to lose because I deserved to.

Gah... Sorry, I know this is very out of character for me, but it's just happened one too many times. I need to pop in Halo 2 and go blow shit up.

I finally came back from vacation and played my game, hehe.

it was a good seesaw game with magicludy(sp) (lazy to look up) thank god he was a bit tipsy so I won the game by 2 hehe.

[quote name='Matt Young']I hate NBA 2K5.

As anyone who has played me will tell you, I am about as friendly and easygoing as anyone could possibly be, even if I get destroyed. But this game is seriously testing my patience.

I have an online record of 2-8. Aside from a loss to some random guy and one to Gomer, every single game has been lost by 2 or, at most, 4 points.

I'll have a small lead usually, and on a couple occasions, a 10 point edge, and then my guys will all go cold and miss evrything while the otehr team makes all their shots. I lost 3 straight games to a friend of mine by 2 points a piece due to this tupe of stuff, and the same thing happened in my league game tonight. It was tied until the last 3 minutes, then I lost by 13.

Raising the difficulty makes the game more fun and realistic and cuts down on 3's, but those losses to my friend were all on All-Star difficulty. I don't know what the deal is... I've played as several different teams- Minnesota (my favorite), detroit (for league games and to practice for the league), Phoenix, Chicago... it never ends.

In the league game tonight, I actually didn't have the problem of the game freezing and going to the "waiting for opponent" screen which had been happening in every game I'd been playing even though I had an all green connection, but then this happens.

I'm not upset at anyone I played, but rather the game itself. If I'm going to lose, I want to lose because I deserved to.

Gah... Sorry, I know this is very out of character for me, but it's just happened one too many times. I need to pop in Halo 2 and go blow shit up.[/quote]

I hear ya Matt, I know how it is to have people come back towards the end of games and start making shots like nothing. All I know from playing on Hall of Fame just about every game, you gotta stay patient during those times, switch up D's on them, and take smart shots. If you need to call a timeout to calm things down, go for it. Just be glad you're not facing the "No sim" people who win by doing nothing but double teams and stealing the ball from the passing lane. I'll catch ya online some time soon and we'll play some on Superstar. Playing highest difficulty settings teaches you what shots are the best to take and what not.

That's the reason I didn't accept your challenge. I had to calm down. Plus Wake and West Virginia were going down to the wire in the 2nd half in a game that eventually went to double OT.

Same for Ultimate Matt X with his Halo 2 invite (if he reads this).

[quote name='Rich']I agree. It seems shot timing has no bearing on the shot actually going in or not.[/quote]

and some players shoot a crazy % my pierce being one of them.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Rich']I agree. It seems shot timing has no bearing on the shot actually going in or not.[/quote]

and some players shoot a crazy % my pierce being one of them.[/quote]

Marbury has games where he can't miss and others where he and Houston combine for like 30%

[quote name='maxflight']I finally came back from vacation and played my game, hehe.

it was a good seesaw game with magicludy(sp) (lazy to look up) thank god he was a bit tipsy so I won the game by 2 hehe.[/quote]

I think you would've won even if I was sober. My Sonics always find a way to collapse in the 4th quarter.

Oh and it's magilacudy :)

Well I will be advancing the league sometime today after Steve and Randy get their game played. Hopefully they are able to get it in some what early, but if not its all good as long as we can advance it tonight/tomorrow. Good luck with the game and just let me know when you guys get it played.

bread's done
Back