NBA Discussion Thread

The Lakers are probably a player away from making the playoffs and contending. If they get one more all star then maybe. THey need a Durant or a Kawhi Leonard before we can talk about them making the playoffs and contending.
Yah, my guess wasn't bad. Omission of the Nuggets near the top and inclusion of the Lakers was a miss. That Lebron injury took a lot of wind out of their sails. I personally don't like the man, and fully agree that he's not grinding like he used to, but also, he's playing the 5-6 best teams int he league 4-5 times a season. When you have to powderpuff your way through a dogshit Eastern Conference, then only get up for the playoffs, it's a different deal. I thought he'd take more on his shoulders, and that Kuz would be more consistent. I was wrong.

I think the Warriors lose a round 2 series this year though and the team gets broken up. I'm not convinced this is their title just by showing up. The Nuggets, Rockets, Thunder, Blazers OR Jazz could beat them in a 7 game series IMO.

I guess that is the question, will the warriors be able to hit the switch and steam roll through the playoffs?  The Rockets match up very well with them.  The raptors, Rockets, Bucks could get hot and win against the warriors and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.  They are still going to be heavily favored, but I think this is their last dominant year and they lose Durant or Klay Thompson or both, and then next year lose Draymond Green.  Green is looking for 40M/year and they probably won't pay it.  

These are definitely some intriguing series. Can the backcourt of Portland carry them pass the young guns of Denver. Will Houston’s whining/flops carry them pass the avengers whining/flops. Will the the luck of the Irish make the Celtics not fear the Greek deer and will the one & done Leonard protect the north from the house of Sixers from the south.

My bad, new NBA season folks!!! Who we got besides the Clippers vs Bucks. Also who would have guessed it that the warriors might be a lottery team this year lol.

They're going full on San Antonio Spurs when they David Robinson and drafted Tim Duncan. The only problem is that I think building through the draft is antiquated, and there is no clear best player in college basketball yet. They're already young. They would be better off trying to trade a high pick. But that cap room. Eek. Unless you recruit a super-team, good luck. 

bread's done
Back