NBA Jam on 360?

[quote name='whoknows']Not canned. Just delayed until next year.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that NBA Elite 11 will be released during mid-season... I see it being scrapped altogether like Madden 96...

Oh I only threw that first $300 figure out there because the first reported eBay one went for something like $256. I figured they'd go up from there, but damn, $1000 for that piece of garbage broken game(Elite, not Jam)? Crazy collectors.

OP the game will be released on 360 before the end of the year according to EA Sports' President Peter Moore so just wait. Not sure at this time if it will be a disc release or a digital one.

Oh by the way, for anyone who has heard EA's claims that the "Remix" mode is exclusive to the Wii version (supposedly as compensation for the lack of online), this is a lie. It's available as DLC for the PS3/360 versions.

disc release so they can gouge us for $50-60. boooo!

EA Sports Confirms Disc Release For NBA Jam On 360, PS3
http://kotaku.com/5663914/ea-sports-confirms-disc-release-for-nba-jam-on-360-ps3
NBA Jam's Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, originally meant to be a free digital download included with the now-delayed NBA Elite 11, will be a retail disc release, an EA Sports representative told Kotaku.

In an email this morning clearing up two weeks of speculation on the arcade slamfest's form factor, Jen Riley of EA Sports Vancouver said that EA Sports president Peter Moore's original blog post on Elite's delay mentioned that Jam's 360 and PS3 versions would be a retail release.

[quote name='murph17']disc release so they can gouge us for $50-60. boooo!

EA Sports Confirms Disc Release For NBA Jam On 360, PS3
http://kotaku.com/5663914/ea-sports-confirms-disc-release-for-nba-jam-on-360-ps3[/QUOTE]
That article doesn't really confirm it will be a disc release. The comment by EA just says it will be a retail release because Peter Moore said it would but he never did. All he said was that it will ship as a standalone product which to me meant that it is no longer bound to people who buy NBA Elite since that game is delayed. Either way all things do point to a disc release since if they wanted it as a $10-$20 XBLA/PSN game then it wouldn't make any sense for them not to come out and say it.

I really wish they would just release the barebones version of game that was suppose to come with NBA Elite. All you really need for NBA Jam is multiplayer, a practice mode, and online play.

Yes it does.

NBA Jam's Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, originally meant to be a free digital download included with the now-delayed NBA Elite 11, will be a retail disc release, an EA Sports representative told Kotaku.

[quote name='clickpow']NBA elite was not postponed it was canceled[/QUOTE]

they should just CAN it. 2k has been WAY superior since Live 04. And Live hasnt even been close to it PS3 or 360 at all. And 2k is absolutely AMAZING this year. Best Bball game to date. Most people were getting ELite to get Jam anyway. Now they dont have to.
Plus, 2k will SELL, SELL, SELL up to the All-StarBreak. And then if Elite does come out it wont be at $60. It'll be at $40 at most. So 2K will just drop to the same price. And which one do you think will sell. 2K because
1) it has been better for 6 years running
2) more people have it so it you would be more inclined to purchase the one the EVERYONE else has
3) IF its Better, and its the SAME price, Its a NO BRAINER which one to get.

Elite should be canned for this year and they should re-tool it and come out next year.

All HAIL to HIS AIRNESS and 2K11

They can suck my balls if they think they can get $60 for that crap. Honestly pathetic that they couldn't make a good enough basketball game to compete with 2k11 so they backpeddled and now are just going to sell some redone arcade game at full price.

Screw EA them losers.. I'll buy NBA Jam for maybe $20, at the very most I'd pay $25 but it would need to be REALLY good.

bread's done
Back