NBA Jam out now!!!

Matt Young

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/03/nba-jam-download-included-with-new-copies-of-nba-elite-11/

From the article:

EA announced this morning that customers will receive a download code for NBA Jam on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 with every new copy of its upcoming (and far more serious) basketball game, NBA Elite 11. To some of you, it may be best to think of it as a free NBA Elite 11 with every NBA Jam. The way EA explains it: if you drop $60 on NBA Elite 11, due on October 5, the game will include a "one-time download code" for three modes of NBA Jam, including Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online.

So there is some speculation that that may not include all the features that the Wii version will. I don't know... NBA Live has sucked for years, and 2K basketball has been mostly pretty good. But if NBA Elite turns out to be a good game, great. And I'd certainly much rather play NBA Jam online on the 360 rather than my Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really enjoyed NBA Live 10...it was a vast improvement from the previous years. Although, I really do wish EA would just release NBA Jam on the 360 instead of just teasing us with a demo version of the real game :(.

it's a download code, so people will probably sell it.

if you have a game rental store near you, sometimes they will let you take the codes out if you get there on release day. That's what I plan on doing.

If I plan on buying the game - I will be trading in the copy for credit towards another game while just using the download code.

Whats the Wii version got as far as exclusives go? Hard to believe they would charge $50 for a Wii version.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If I plan on buying the game - I will be trading in the copy for credit towards another game while just using the download code.

Whats the Wii version got as far as exclusives go? Hard to believe they would charge $50 for a Wii version.[/QUOTE]

There is no wii version of NBA Elite 11

I think he means the Wii version of NBA Jam.

And Scorch, I think this warrants a topic in the 360 forum, too. I personally hardly ever go into General Gaming.

Pretty much every big multiplatform game has threads in the 360 and PS3 forums. And like I said, I rarely go to General Gaming; I know a lot of people who don't. But after going and reading the exchange in the thread over there, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you.

Bought an NBA Jam 4 player arcade machine on craigslist a while ago, haha.. Used to love this game so much back in the genesis days, but I have no interest in Elite 11. I'll look around for a code only.

[quote name='mtxbass1']This.

We had the identical thread this morning in the 360 forum that I reported and it was subsequently removed. We don't need multiple threads across all platforms for this release. General gaming is fine for this.[/QUOTE]

Did you enjoy being a hall monitor in school?

All bitching and moaning aside, I hope EA gets smart and releases this as a standalone download a month or two after Elite comes out.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Bought an NBA Jam 4 player arcade machine on craigslist a while ago, haha.. Used to love this game so much back in the genesis days, but I have no interest in Elite 11. I'll look around for a code only.[/QUOTE]

Dude that is freaking awesome. How much did you pay?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']All bitching and moaning aside, I hope EA gets smart and releases this as a standalone download a month or two after Elite comes out.[/QUOTE]
It won't be a month or two, but I guarantee it'll be out as standalone before the next Elite game is out.

Let's hope they release it outside of NBA Elite (That or I won't pick it up until it's 20 or less). This is total bullspit that EA has pulled an Activision here. Very poor way to push sales of the Elite game.

I expect this from Activision but EA, YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Dude that is freaking awesome. How much did you pay?[/QUOTE]
It was 300, but I sold my wii (which was collecting dust) at the same price around the same time.. So I consider it a trade.

I think he's implying that they'll do a SFIV/Super SFIV thing and release the 3 modes with Elite, only to charge for the full game later on.

I don't get why they don't want to release this on XBLA and PSN. Would probably do pretty well.

Sweet bonus for Elite, though, I was planning on picking it up already (as long as the demo is decent). Never been into 2K for some reason.

Given how other EA games have done their code system, I imagine you'll have to input the code while in NBA Elite. Meaning no buy, leave store, quick open, take code and trade back in.

Also, what's coming out first? NBA Jam on Wii or NBA Elite?

[quote name='Matt Young']I think he's implying that they'll do a SFIV/Super SFIV thing and release the 3 modes with Elite, only to charge for the full game later on.[/QUOTE]

That's not a great comparison. SF4 is a full game, NBA Jam is going to be gimped.

[quote name='jonathanp']That's not a great comparison. SF4 is a full game, NBA Jam is going to be gimped.[/QUOTE]

Maybe more along the lines of the Resident Evil 5 Versus mode.

[quote name='KingBroly']Given how other EA games have done their code system, I imagine you'll have to input the code while in NBA Elite. Meaning no buy, leave store, quick open, take code and trade back in.

Also, what's coming out first? NBA Jam on Wii or NBA Elite?[/QUOTE]

If Elite is required to play Jam this is even worse.

i have a very good feeling this will be a timed exclusive thing once EA realizes no one will pick up elite for nba jam, the people who already planned on buying elite will continue to buy it but this will not draw in new customers. nba jam fans arent the same people who play elite or nba 2k for that matter. so once this plan backfires in there face hopefully it'll be on the marketplace, if not i'll see if i can snag a code on ebay for like 10 bucks. i'll be buying 2k like i do every year but i do love me some jam.

[quote name='jonathanp']That's not a great comparison. SF4 is a full game, NBA Jam is going to be gimped.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I agreed with it, but it's something I've heard people say about Capcom recently.

Im hoping EA's gameplay is more like 2Ks..however, 2K desperately needs to fix their laggy servers because multiplayer is unplayable at times

I'd have bought NBA Jam as an XBLA release, not with NBA Elite. Maybe I'll find a decent price on a code on ebay, but something tells me demand will be greater than supply.

[quote name='KingBroly']Given how other EA games have done their code system, I imagine you'll have to input the code while in NBA Elite. Meaning no buy, leave store, quick open, take code and trade back in.

Also, what's coming out first? NBA Jam on Wii or NBA Elite?[/QUOTE]

According to gamestop.com, they come out the same day.

Feh. Guess I'll wait for a price drop then. Love Jam but I can't justify paying 60 dollars for it when I still have my Dreamcast & NBA Showtime sitting right here.

even if it's $30 (but it'll probably cost more) that's still way too much for me and i'd wait for a price drop, used game @ gs, sale or something else. I really liked nba jam but for it to be a port just retouched just doesn't justify the price for me. that means that nba delete 11 was going to be half price or a little more.

I will be honest.... I have no problem paying full price for this game. I still to this day go back and play NBA Jam and NBA Jam T.E. from time to time. I will have no problem getting $50 or $60 worth of value out of this.

Part of the reason I bought a SNES earlier this year was to play NBA Jam TE. Now I can most likely sell that stuff and get this, since it should have some killer online play.

Glad to see it coming out soon, i just wish they would update the roster a bit. I know there are a few players on wrong teams.... unless they fixed that last second? Al harrington for one. Also how do the bucks have no legend? Throw me Big Dog Glenn Robinson. And why do we have Redd.... id rather have Salmons/Maggette, since they will actually play for us this season while redd sits out another season. Oh well... at least i have Bogut/Jennings combo.

no legend is right for the bucks... i would have loved Glenn Big Dog Robinson... or Brad Lohaus...

Last edited by a moderator:
At least It's coming with all the Wii stuff with online abilities. Though I think I'm gonna wait for the $30 price range.

bread's done
Back