NBA Jam vs On Fire Edition

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
I'm wondering what the key differences are in the two versions. I have the disc version but am considering selling it to buy the arcade version. I like the convience if it being on my HDD and a buddy of mine might buy it on XBLA too.

Any downside to the on fire edition?

I know people were having problems with On Fire freezing up a lot, you'll probably want to check into that further before making the switch. Not sure if they've released a patch or not. I didn't buy it.

Are people still playing this online? Was thinking of picking this up. Also, do matches just turn into a huge shove fest?

[quote name='dkreegz515']roster updates yet?[/QUOTE]

No and EA is silent about it again. Rosters are up-to-date as of pre-lockout though.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm wondering what the key differences are in the two versions. I have the disc version but am considering selling it to buy the arcade version. I like the convience if it being on my HDD and a buddy of mine might buy it on XBLA too.

Any downside to the on fire edition?[/QUOTE]

It freezes if you have the slim for some reason. Can't believe it's not patched yet.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just some slims or all of them?[/QUOTE]

According to Google, it seems that all slims have the problem. I have the Gears slim fwiw.

I have a slim and OFE. I've never had the game freeze. It does however "appear" to freeze whenever I start it up during the loading. It eventually boots up. Not sure if the start up is any slower because of it though.

EA confirmed to Kotaku today that they are going to have updates for NBA Jam: OFE, including roster updates, but did not have a timeframe for them.

Yeah, it seems unlikely that ALL slims would have this issue. It would be a much bigger deal if it were that way. I'm wondering if it's like Droogs said, it drags during the start up and people aren't patient.

My wording could've been better. It only happens on slims, but to my knowledge the kind of slim has not been pinpointed. So it could happen on any slim.

[quote name='darrenaero']It freezes if you have the slim for some reason. Can't believe it's not patched yet.[/QUOTE]

I have a slim and have never had it freeze, ever.

It freezes on my Jasper model and a friend's old elite, so it's definitely not affecting the slims alone. Sometimes it may take me two or three attempts to get a game going.

bread's done
Back