Need a cheap and reliable vga adapter for my 360

hey i got mine for $3 and sum change at gamespot used. one problem the monitor and the cable are both male ( they both have pins in the connector) so i need to get a male to male connector which cost like $7 at radiochack. anyone else have this problem?

I got the official cable used from EB/GS. Its $9.99 but with edge its less than $10 even after tax. I actually got it as part of a b2g1free sale so it was only about $6.50.

[quote name='Puffa469']I got the official cable used from EB/GS. Its $9.99 but with edge its less than $10 even after tax. I actually got it as part of a b2g1free sale so it was only about $6.50.[/quote]

+1

I got my official used from EB/GS for $10. (thanks to bill123).

[quote name='aok123']hey i got mine for $3 and sum change at gamespot used. one problem the monitor and the cable are both male ( they both have pins in the connector) so i need to get a male to male connector which cost like $7 at radiochack. anyone else have this problem?[/quote]If your monitor cable is male and the cable from the 360 is male, you need a F/F adapter, not a M/M.
$3 shipped from monoprice.com:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1041602&p_id=1191&seq=1&format=2&style=

Well, was $2.92 shipped when checking on shipment to my zip code, so I'm sure it's similar elsewhere.

The official cable includes all the adapters. Personally I wouldn't use some junky third party adapter, as analog signals like this-especially HD ones, are affected by cable quality.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The official cable includes all the adapters. Personally I wouldn't use some junky third party adapter, as analog signals like this-especially HD ones, are affected by cable quality.[/quote]

Some people buy used don't get them. These are not crappy. Fine quality. I am really glad you know what you are talking about and aren't shitting out an opinion in this thread.:roll:

Uh, yes, obviously I do know what I'm talking about. Cheap cables give lower quality pictures. These third party console manufacturers mostly make garbage. Not something I'd be willing to use, and you have to factor in the price of the missing accessories anyway.

It's something that's worth thinking about if you need a VGA cable. I don't understand the mentality of skimping out here, after buying a $400-480 console.

bread's done
Back