Need Advice from CAG Legal Experts

Marshal_Medan

CAG Veteran
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ok, you're all a bunch of generally smart bastards, but I'm hoping some of you may have some legal expertise. Here's my story:
Two weeks ago while on the job I slipped and knocked myself out, and woke up in the hospital. Long story short, I've been off work since then and have filed for workmans comp, and my claim is currently 'under investigation'. Now while I was off, I got an offer for a different job that's much better than my current one, and accepted it, but I won't start until next week. I have a follow up with my doctor tomorrow, and I'm sure he'll clear me to go back to work. My question is, if I quit my job after I'm cleared to go back, what kind, if any, of impact might this have on my workmans comp claim? I'm assuming it wouldn't make any difference since I was still employed when I was injured, but hey what do I know.
I'd appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks.

All that matters is that it happened while you were working at your past job. Once you are cleared by the doctor the claim ends and you can do what ever you want.

Im not a lawyer but I did stay in a holiday inn last night.

I was told you have to stay at your current job until you are cleared and then I belive up to three months after.

whatever you do, do NOT use the line:
"I swear officer, i didn't know she was 3..."
pedobear.jpg

My gut says you're fine to switch jobs but I don't know the legalities of it so don't take my word for it or anyone else's on this board unless they can point you to the section of the law that says yes or no.

Just as a follow up for those who may one day run into this problem, quitting makes no difference as long as you were employed when the accident happened, as most of you guys said.

bread's done
Back