Need advice on new setup

N1c0_ds

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
We are moving in a new house in a month and then I will finally have a room (3, actually) to live instead of my tiny entertainment room.

Now that I have plenty of room I want to build a cool setup with what's available.

-Xbox 360, about 15 games, 20 by december, 1 controller.
-2 different 27 in. TVs (non-HD)
-1 ~15 in. TV
-One desktop computer no one uses with Windows XP. (not too fast, not too slow, might upgrade it if it's used)
-My laptop (14.5 in., Ubuntu/Vista dual boot)
-A plethora of DVD players.

I was thinking about getting a monitor supported by my Xbox (damn hard to find!) and plug everything on it. The desktop would be a media center with shared drives.

It really depends on what you're looking to do with your house. If you're going to have people over playing games or trying to have a cinematic experience by yourself... those are important factors. You mention having one controller, so i'm guessing its the latter.

[quote name='carpwrist']It really depends on what you're looking to do with your house. If you're going to have people over playing games or trying to have a cinematic experience by yourself... those are important factors. You mention having one controller, so i'm guessing its the latter.[/quote]

Now that I'm really close to school I'll have people over for lunch and after school but I'd love to have a "Home screen" kind of thing. Y'know when you open the TV with the computer as the source you get weather, RSS feeds and stuff. My laptop didn't allow for an "always on" device.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back