Need ebay buyer advice: not as described game. (with updates)

Guerrilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I recently won a "near mint" copy of Gauntlet Dark Legacy for PS2 for $8. It came in just yesterday, but the case is covered in filth and used stickers, the disc is all scratched up, and there's no instruction manual. Wonderful, as this will never do for the collector friend that I bought it for. The seller is absolutely refusing returns unless it was damaged in the shipment; too bad it was damaged before it was sent!

----

*update* I opened a case under eBay Buyer Protection because the seller stopped responding, basically restating the above because the seller sent the wrong-described condition and refused to correct the issue without eBay arbitration. Since then, the seller responded that they've decided to refund the money when they get the game back. Shipped it and we'll see what happens.

---

*final update* It took 3 ebay mails and a dispute, but I finally got my money back. It took $2 to get $8.50 back. Not really worth it for the time spent, but it was mostly for the principle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure eBay will side with you on this issue. Fire up the dispute if you want something to happen as the seller doesn't seem to want to budge otherwise.

. His description of the game and the actual games condition are very different and he tried to use the all sales are final BS to cover his ass. Good luck with this. It's a shame a gamer would basically screw over another gamer.

Sounds like you are in the right. "All sales are final," as far as i know, does NOT override a false item description. Ebay/Paypal should side with you if anything comes of this.

You can either eat the loss and give him a bad review, thus lower his rating with the community and/or fill out the resolution form and get your $8 back. I would complain too! Not mentioning missing object is shady

bread's done
Back