Need everyone's help please...

crickett003

CAGiversary!
I need a little help from my fellow cheapasses :) I'm trying to compile a crazy listing of romantic songs for the most wonderful woman my world has ever known.

Could you please post some good 'ol mushy or romantic/sentimental songs that you know of?

Even if you don't think that I've heard them before. I'll check 'em out :)

Thank you all! I appreciate it greatly!

Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits
Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson
Something by The Beatles

Thats the first few that came to my mind

Everything I do by Bryan Adams
Fools Rush in by Elvis
Can't get enough of your love babe by Barry White
The Scientist by Coldplay

[quote name='Graystone']"Lets get it on" Marvin Gaye
"sexual healing" Marvin Gaye
"Beat it" Mike
"back that ass up" no idea[/QUOTE]
I like the last two.

Anything Marvin Gaye, anything Curtis Mayfield, and above all, anything Isaac Hayes. That man is a genious.

Off the top of my head (and my own work-in-progress playlist on iTunes)-
Frank Sinatra - Witchcraft
Joseph Arthur - Honey and the Moon
Of Montreal - Your Magic is Working
Beatles - For You Blue
Alkaline Trio - Every Thug Needs a Lady
Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life
Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes
Cat Stevens - How Can I Tell You
Matt Monroe - I Will Wait for You
Frank Sinatra - Summer Wind

Can't go wrong with Marvin Gaye, Barry White, Luther Vendros, Isaac Hayes.
Here are a few more suggestions:
"Save Tonight"-Eagle Eye Cherry
"Sex and Candy"-Marcy's Playground
Anything from -Live

[quote name='Scorch']"Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak

Hell yes, Joseph Arthur rocks.[/QUOTE]

I second it.

Scorch, I just spend the past 30 mins trying to figure out who sang that song.

"If Loving You is Wrong (I Don't Wanna Be Right)" by Luther Ingram
"Get Down, Make Love" by Queen
"The Sweetest Thing" by U2

These songs will get you laid if she doesn't hate rap.

"Slow Jamz" by Kanye West & Twista feat. Jamie Foxx
"Let Me Love You" by Mario
"Over and Over Again" by Nelly feat. Tim McGraw
"Freak A Leek" by Petey Pablo
"Beautiful" by Snoop Dogg & Pharrell
"Signs" by Snoop Dogg & Justin Timberlake
"Yeah Yeah Yeah" by Usher
"Slow Down" by Bobby Valentino
"Run It" by Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana
"Get It Poppin" by Fat Joe feat. Nelly
"In The Club" by Joe Budden feat. Marques Houston
"Stay With Me" by Neyo feat. Peedi Crack
"Make Her Feel Good" by Teairra Mari

What time of music does she like? Does she have a favorite? I like pretty much anything by Dashboard Confessional. Also, "Do Ri Me" by Nirvana.

[quote name='Trakan']Is it the hot girl that used to be in your sig? Because she was hot.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not her. She has since pursued other interests outside of internet pr0n & she hasn't contacted me in a while.

The woman I'm with now (Mary Jane) is absolutely perfect for me. I just never knew what love really was until I realized that I was head over heels in love with her. It took a while (3+ years) & we went through a LOT of shit. She is at once my greatest friend & the love of my life.

Thank you all for the support & musical advice :)

[quote name='6669']What time of music does she like? Does she have a favorite? I like pretty much anything by Dashboard Confessional. Also, "Do Ri Me" by Nirvana.[/QUOTE]

She likes anything. I'd say she likes rap the least, however. Some is good though.

I've bombarded her with everything from Frank Sinatra to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Bob Marley and everything in between.

Keep 'em rollin... ;)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']If you play Dashboard Confessional, your girl will probably call you a queer and walk out. Don't play that if you want to get some.[/QUOTE]
Its been awhile since you've said something this ignorant :roll:
[quote name='crickett003']She likes anything. I'd say she likes rap the least, however. Some is good though.

I've bombarded her with everything from Frank Sinatra to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Bob Marley and everything in between.

Keep 'em rollin... ;)[/QUOTE]
Try some of The Beatles songs, Boyz II Men, STP's "Still Remains" and "Wonderful", Beethoven - "Fur Elise", New Found Glory- Eyesore, and Yellowcard - Only One. I like all of those songs and I would be flattered if a guy played those songs for me :)

I Will Love You by Fisher.

I'm pretty sure you can get it free off their website fishertheband.com. I saw them in a shitty bar in Minneapolis. If this song can't get you laid, nothing will.

[quote name='6669']Its been awhile since you've said something this ignorant :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I dislike gay people or that I call people queers or fags, but I've known more than one girl that have actually done shit like that, and said that exact phrase that exact way. I guess I generalized a little bit, but for the most part, it's true. Girls don't like melodramtic fluff pop when their gettin' down, either.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm not saying I dislike gay people or that I call people queers or fags, but I've known more than one girl that have actually done shit like that, and said that exact phrase that exact way. I guess I generalized a little bit, but for the most part, it's true. Girls don't like melodramtic fluff pop when their gettin' down, either.[/QUOTE]
I dont think the OP is trying to get laid. He's trying to be romantic with his g/f. Yeah, if some boy played that music to me, I would think its strange. I like that melodramatic stuff if it comes from my b/f.

[quote name='6669']I dont think the OP is trying to get laid. He's trying to be romantic with his g/f. Yeah, if some boy played that music to me, I would think its strange. I like that melodramatic stuff if it comes from my b/f.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really not trying to get laid. I love doing these romantic things for her. One thing that I love to do with her is slow-dance with her in my living room by candlelight. It feels as though there is no one else in the whole world for that short time. It feels as though I'm not complete when she is not near. :sad:

My absolute favorite romantic song = "Something Special" by Randy Newman (It was in the movie Parenthood about 15 years ago).

Make her a card. and in it do like a little comic strip with stick figures with some of the more memorable (good bad and ugly) moments in your relationship. I did this last year for my GF and she loved it. oh and godiva chocalates

[quote name='Odenat']Make her a card. and in it do like a little comic strip with stick figures with some of the more memorable (good bad and ugly) moments in your relationship. I did this last year for my GF and she loved it. oh and godiva chocalates[/QUOTE]

Awesome idea!

The other day, I bought a huge 1 1/2 pound bag of caramel kisses and wrote out "I LOVE YOU" on my floor and made a trail of them to the bedroom & onto the bed where I had a bottle of massage oil waiting :)

She did something similar for me this last winter. She snuck in my house before I got home from work one night & left a trail of rose petals to my bedroom. I followed the trail, opened my bedroom door, and was met with candles and romance.

Here's a recent poem I wrote about her:
Undaunted
I close my eyes.
...darkness.
I can picture your beautiful face, Mary.
The soft lips of an angel, mouthing those
precious words... "I love you."

Your sparkling blue eyes- rivaling the
beauty of nature's own northern lights.
The softest skin-
smoother than the finest of asian silks.
Gorgeous brown hair-
being gently carressed by the winds.
Your stunning, undaunted passion-
never ceasing to sweep me off of my feet.

I am not afraid-
For if my eyes fail to open...
my final thoughts will be of you...
and all will be good...
and my joyous smile will never fade.

Copyright ©2005 Ed Ames Whiting

Prince - 'Space'
Erasure - 'You Surround Me'
Coldplay - 'Yellow'
The Beloved - 'Don't You Worry'
Al Green - 'Let's Stay Together'

and I really really suggest you check out
The Cure - 'Halo'

This was the song my wife and I used for our first dance at our wedding reception.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']we go a whole topic and no one mentions Foreigner?

no one out there does not know what love is, and wants her to show you?[/QUOTE]

Well if were talking about really really cheesy songs than I guess Jefferson Starships "Nothins gonna Stop us now" from the manakin movie would be one. Pretty much any song from the 80's linked to a movie would qualify. ie "Take my breath away" Berlin

[quote name='crickett003']Awesome idea!

The other day, I bought a huge 1 1/2 pound bag of caramel kisses and wrote out "I LOVE YOU" on my floor and made a trail of them to the bedroom & onto the bed where I had a bottle of massage oil waiting :)[/QUOTE]

Nothing says I love you like giving your girl diabetes.

[quote name='crickett003'] It feels as though there is no one else in the whole world for that short time. It feels as though I'm not complete when she is not near.[/QUOTE]
Tell her what you just wrote, because that was very sweet, and probably more effective than any song ever could be :)

[quote name='soggierules']I Will Love You by Fisher.

I'm pretty sure you can get it free off their website fishertheband.com. I saw them in a shitty bar in Minneapolis. If this song can't get you laid, nothing will.[/QUOTE]

This song. I've heard this song before. Why have I heard this song? Where is it from? Is it original or a cover?

Oh god, this is going to kill me. I hate trying to remember where I heard something.

EDIT: A google search tells me that it was in Great Expectations and How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, the ladder of which I was strapped down and forced to watch until my eyes bled (she was a kinky one). So for those wondering.. that's where. I can sleep easy tonight now.

[quote name='crickett003']The woman I'm with now (Mary Jane) is absolutely perfect for me. I just never knew what love really was until I realized that I was head over heels in love with her. It took a while (3+ years) & we went through a LOT of shit. She is at once my greatest friend & the love of my life.[/QUOTE]

I never knew you were Spiderman. :bouncy:

Umm... the song that my g/f likes the most is Lifehouse - Hanging by a Moment.

[quote name='Scorch']This song. I've heard this song before. Why have I heard this song? Where is it from? Is it original or a cover?

Oh god, this is going to kill me. I hate trying to remember where I heard something.

EDIT: A google search tells me that it was in Great Expectations and How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, the ladder of which I was strapped down and forced to watch until my eyes bled (she was a kinky one). So for those wondering.. that's where. I can sleep easy tonight now.[/QUOTE]

You sleep??? :)

[quote name='DaddyDoller$']dreaming of u - selena[/QUOTE]

"This song is beautiful. Who sings it?"
"Selena"
"Isn't that the woman that was killed by her fan club manager?"
"..yeah"

Kinda kills the moment.

//edit: Fixed typos

[quote name='Scorch']"This song is beautiful. Who sings it?"
"Selena"
"Isn't that the women that was killed by her fan club manager"
"..yeah"

Kinda kills the moment.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

That's pretty spot on, Scorch.

Edwin McCain - I'll Be
Lifehouse - You And Me
Coldplay - 'til Kingdom Come
Coldplay - Green Eyes
Rob Thomas - Now Comes the Night
Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights

[quote name='6669']Tell her what you just wrote, because that was very sweet, and probably more effective than any song ever could be :)[/QUOTE]

Actually I have told her that a few times.

I feel so content and secure when she holds me. I know that I do the same for her :) There is nothing that I wouldn't do for her.

I've been in a few relationships (I am 31 years old). I was even married. I thought I was "in love" before, but alas, now I realize how genuine love really feels. Mary is always on my mind (not in any obsessive way, but in a caring/loving way).

Anyway, I'll quit rambling on. I don't really talk to anyone about it , so I thought I'd share it with you all :)

[quote name='crickett003']Actually I have told her that a few times.

I feel so content and secure when she holds me. I know that I do the same for her :) There is nothing that I wouldn't do for her.

I've been in a few relationships (I am 31 years old). I was even married. I thought I was "in love" before, but alas, now I realize how genuine love really feels. Mary is always on my mind (not in any obsessive way, but in a caring/loving way).

Anyway, I'll quit rambling on. I don't really talk to anyone about it , so I thought I'd share it with you all :)[/QUOTE]
Its really nice when a male CAG can speak from his heart on this site :)

bread's done
Back