Need for Speed Carbon Wii $15 @ Target YMMV

mrnomis27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Target in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (Foothill Blvd) saw the following deals on Wii games.

Need for Speed Cabon: $14.98

Splinter Cell: $14.98

Are these two games worth owning for $15...I didn't bite.

[quote name='mrnomis27']Target in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (Foothill Blvd) saw the following deals on Wii games.

Are these two games worth owning for $15...I didn't bite.[/quote]

I'd love to find the NFS:C for that price... ;)

[quote name='mrnomis27']Target in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (Foothill Blvd) saw the following deals on Wii games.

Are these two games worth owning for $15...I didn't bite.[/quote]

How many did they have ? none of my Targets have them, I live in Brea CA.

[quote name='Chimax96']anyone confirm this is all stores?[/quote]

Only one store in my area had it, and it was $19.98, other stores that were farther away had it for $14.48 ? Why the difference ?

[quote name='mephitical']Check the most recent posts in the "official" Target clearance thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140650
Target clearance prices are nationwide, however not all stores update their prices at the same time and not all stores sticker their games even when the prices get updated in the system.[/quote]
Ah, it took me awhile to figure it out (i checked an earlier clearance thread for instructions). So I guess I just must try.

I called them with the UPC number and the clerk said she clearanced it out. I asked her if she had any games on clearance and she right away said no. The online search said this store had limited availability of the NFS, but the store told me no.

[quote name='fshaia']Only one store in my area had it, and it was $19.98, other stores that were farther away had it for $14.48 ? Why the difference ?[/quote]
See my post above, as well as the OP in the thread I linked to. My post above is not entirely accurate. There are different size/type/age Target stores and prices vary based on the store type and then within that based on the manager. That said, there are many known instances of employees not bothering to sticker the newest clearance price, so always ask for a scan or follow the instructions in the main thread for printing and checking a UPC. Electronics markdowns are done on Mondays, usually afternoon to evening, so these could potentially drop again today.

All that being said, Target clearance can be a pain because these forums will totally get your hopes up about something until you go to four Targets and find nothing and realize you wasted two hours and $5 in gas. There have been a few hot times when almost all stores cleared out massive stock, but this is not one of those times. Often you can talk your way past customer service and get transferred to Electronics for an accurate price/stock check over the phone if there's something you really want.

bread's done
Back