Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Criterion Ed. - 10/30 - Burnout Paradise X Most Wanted

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
550780_10151804967070298_1053901362_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...set=a.343506820297.351946.212717370297&type=1
IT’S OFFICIAL: The next Need for Speed will be Most Wanted, developed by Criterion! Here’s the first screenshot!

LIKE and SHARE if you’re excited!

Make sure to watch our E3 press conference live on June 4th at 1PM (PST) for more info!

Meh, give us most wanted 2 and I'll be happy.

Wait... that excuse doesn't work anymore. Looks like I'm buying an NFS game for the first time since the original most wanted

[quote name='Scorch']Not a fan of them using "Criterion edition".[/QUOTE]
I added it to differentiate it from the other Most Wanted game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUPNfHiJ9s

They've released a weird dub step/flash cut-filled gameplay trailer that ends with details on the launch limited edition bonuses:

• Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale - Early unlock with custom mods
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S - Early unlock with custom mods
  • 4 hours of Double Speed points to boost your multiplayer progression

The Amazon page makes it seem like all of those are just for online multiplayer, not just the points:

Pre-order Need for Speed Most Wanted to guarantee your Limited Edition version. Boost your progression faster than your friends by earning double Speed Points for your first four hours of multiplayer. Leave your friends and rivals in your rearview as you take control of two of the World’s hottest cars, equipped with the latest performance modifications and the exclusive Satin Black livery.

It's a small thing but I really appreciate how the camera crashes along with the car after a big jump, gives great weight and gravity to the cars.

It took a long time for me to get used to the driving in Hot Pursuit after playing Paradise for the longest time but damn, Hot Pursuit's drifting is perfection. Can't wait to get lost inside Most Wanted's city.

Here are Criterion's Four Things You Need To Know About NFS Most Wanted:

1. It’s about causing trouble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frcvjtgc-Iw

You get to drive amazing cars like a maniac through a big open city, get in massive chases with the cops and ditch them in style. The whole game’s pretty much designed so you’ll want to break the law. Restricted area? Bust into it. Speed camera? Rip past it. Jump? Hit it. Parked car? Steal it. Cops? Not an issue.

2. The world’s always connected

8101178048_8a9cd7f0af_z.jpg

In Hot Pursuit, we introduced Autolog. We started tracking everything you did and comparing it with your friends in leaderboards called Speedwalls. Autolog turned your newest and most hotly contested events into play recommendations and notified you and your friends to reheat the competition.

This time, Autolog lets you leave your mark across your friends’ games. It displays record speeds, pursuits and jump distances throughout the city. Cruise past any speed camera, Jack Spot or jump to view its Speedwall, and then take a run up, hit the gas and see if you can top it. Hit the biggest air off any billboard jump, and we’ll display your face on the billboard. Your friends will need to beat you to get rid of it.

Everything you do earns you Speed Points and eventually increases your Speed Level. Earn more Speed Points than your friends to become the Most Wanted.

3. You can drive pretty much every car from the start

8101165523_397db6147e_n.jpg

8101165341_d9b870b73e_n.jpg

This is hard to get your head around, but bear with us. Grinding through hours of gameplay to get the cars you really want to drive doesn’t actually make sense, when you think about it.

So, most of the cars in Most Wanted are just parked up in hundreds of Jack Spots throughout the city. If you find one, you can just switch to it. Obviously, there are still great unlocks waiting to reward the most skilled and dedicated players, but if you want to drive a 918 Spyder, Evo X, RS500, V12 Vantage and many, many more, you’ve just got to get out there and find them.

Each car has a series of events, designed to showcase its unique qualities. Master each car in your own time, and you’ll earn Speed Points and rank up. Score enough and you’ll earn the right to take on 10 of the hottest cars in the game – the Most Wanted Racers. Beat them all one-on-one to become Fairhaven’s Most Wanted. Swing the odds in your favor by modifying your car with such pursuit-busting delights as: Reinforced Chassis, Reinflating Tires, Impact Protection, Powershot Nitrous or Track Tires.

4. Our multiplayer is way more than just racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTi6uinHT30

It wouldn’t be Need for Speed without killer racing, so that’s the heart of our online, but we also wanted to mix it up a bit. It’s still tight, competitive and fast, but there are some twists.

Every Race starts with a Meet Up. Race there, jostle for position, watch for the start and boot it. Time your move right for a headstart. Get it wrong, and you’re a sitting duck. In Speed Tests, you get 90 seconds to set a high score. Hit the longest jump or drift, be fastest through a Speed Trap or set the fastest time between checkpoints. In Challenges you do stuff like hit 5,000 yards of drift, accumulate 2,000 yards of jump distance, access a rooftop or jump over each other. Anything goes!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/19/need-for-speed-most-wanted-4-things-you-need-to-know/

Reading the Game Informer review, seems like there aren't police chases in mulitplayer so I guess that'll be DLC.

damn, this game is a mix of joy and frustration. At times I couldn't even go 20 feet without crashing into a wall or pedestrian vehicle. The sense of wandering aimlessly without concrete objectives didn't worry me at first, but its so confusing to figure out what you need to do next. There are so many different HUD areas and ways to activate them, it can be overwhelming. Jury is still out, thought I would dig it more than Horizon, but I almost took NFS out after 20 minutes and put Forza back in..

This feels a lot like Need for Speed: Paradise City and that makes me a happy gamer. Burnout Paradise was one of my favorite games this generation and I was concerned that we'd never see another Burnout game once EA pegged them to NFS. Hot Pursuit was fun as a straight arcade racer but open-world city arcade racing with crazy goals is a heck of a lot more fun to me.

I miss the HUD of Burnout, the damage mode, and the huge jumps but the police chases add an enjoyable, if infrequent, element to the Burnout style.

Feel free to add me to compare Autologs.

I'm loving this game so far. I was a big Burnout Paradise fan and that was actually one of the games that convinced me to buy a 360. Feel free to add me on XBL.

[quote name='token2k6']damn, this game is a mix of joy and frustration.

...thought I would dig it more than Horizon, but I almost took NFS out after 20 minutes and put Forza back in..[/QUOTE]

This is how I felt, I'm at around the #3 on the MW list and the insane rubberband AI can destroy your chances of winning a race and the cops are more of a hassle, I find myself getting busted on purpose just to get it over with.

I loved Burnout Paradise and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. I'm currently playing The Run and it pretty much sucks ass although I'll stick with it until the and of the story mode (I'm on Chapter 8 out of 10). At this point I'll buy any Criterion racing game even though the rubberbanding AI is maddening - the rest is just so much fun.

[quote name='Javery']$30 on BF - sold.[/QUOTE]Me too. I was hoping to see a deal on this for BF. Don't think I'll be wading into the madness, but as long as I can get the $30 deal online, then Merry Christmas to me!

I'm still having a lot of fun with this but, yes, the rubber-band AI is just awful for circuit races above EASY. Thank goodness there are plenty of other ways to earn points aside from races because they're simply too frustrating to stick with. Essentially, a perfect run, a full nitro for the final stretch, and getting lucky with the cops that only go after your car is necessary to come in 1st.

I also find the required checkpoints quite annoying in races. I loved that Burnout Paradise had an open race structure where you could plot your own course to the finish line. Most Wanted forces you on a linear path and, combined with the awful rubber-banding, simply takes the fun out of it.

By the way, great achievement guide on X360A, bs. It's really helping me out with some of the car-specific achievements.

I try to find the 360 version of this on this site and only shows the 2006 version but with sell info of 2012 version. Is that going to get fixed? Hopefully going to pick this up on black Friday.

[quote name='Javery']$30 on BF - sold.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting Horizon for $15 as the single-player for this game is lackluster and no one I'm friends with is getting this.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'm getting Horizon for $15 as the single-player for this game is lackluster and no one I'm friends with is getting this.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I'd agree. Horizon for $15 is unreal.

if it's burnout paradise 2 you want, then get NFS: MW

otherwise, it's definitely not Most Wanted at all. no story mode. no Josie Maran equivalent. not as many online players. small world.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'm getting Horizon for $15 as the single-player for this game is lackluster and no one I'm friends with is getting this.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it is lackluster..I do wish it had some more of the original Most Wanted story elements, but there is a lot of competition to outdo friends times on their SP races...it is so seamless and well done that it still has some good value.

I really want to like this game but the rubber band AI is frustrating the hell out of me. Also I wish this was a little more like Paradise. There just doesn't seem to be as much to do.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']I really want to like this game but the rubber band AI is frustrating the hell out of me. Also I wish this was a little more like Paradise. There just doesn't seem to be as much to do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the cars control extremely well and the game looks great but I'm pretty let down by Most Wanted. I personally don't have an issue with the rubber banding as most people but between most of the cars having the same events and hearing the same songs constantly, there's not enough variety.

I didn't even know there were police escape events until halfway into it and the speedtrap events can get insanely frustrating. This is probably the first Criterion game I'll be done with in under 10 hours. It's a damn shame that it's missing the A.D.D. playground mentality of Paradise.

Lack of variety is a big one. I'm 10.5 hours in and I'm getting tired of the same races (different cars though,) same music, same police radio messages, etc. Plus I miss aftertouch when you wreck (and if you're like me, you wreck a lot.) There's just something missing here, I can't put my finger on it. I read a review that said this game was lacking soul and I kind of agree. Here's hoping Criterion can get back to making real Burnouts again.

To be the most wanted with BMW M GmbH, to be it and to feel it is one of my favorite which is going to be happened. You are really appreciated for these awesome works with new gift through criterion. To be the most wanted with smooth handling and fastest changing shift and feeling the swiftest bird using nitrous would be awesome feeling of job. Hopefully we, the most wanted lover will get it soon.

I got my $25 Amazon copy of NFS:MW today and it was NOT the "Limited Edition" despite the pictures/page showing and describing it so. Just an FYI for those who ordered from Amazon.

Yeah I got my game yesterday from Amazon, hmm I don't remember if it was the reg or limited edition. I just shelved it for now, actually will probably get it out tonight. I picked up the wireless wheel controller with Forza 4 a few months ago, it's a lot of fun, aside from not having any feedback like the old wireless wheel (which I still have but it's at my folks place a few states away).

Update: Yeah it was the Limited Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
So on the 2nd or 3rd race I was in a Lamborghini Countach and could not for the life of me run away from the cops. Even hit cool down a couple of times but ran right back into the cops. It made me think did they script it for me to not be able to loose the cops then to show me what would happen when you get busted or man that car sucks.

you need to find a place to hide during cooldown. Then stop and click the left stick to turn off the engine and make the cooldown meter decrease quicker.

bread's done
Back