Need For Speed ProStreet - Ships 11/17 - Demo Up on XBLM

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tKWXVIYOWyo[/media]​

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - May 31, 2007 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the blockbuster Need for Speed™ franchise is introducing a new version that drives the series in a new direction. Need for Speed™ ProStreet is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you're thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. The game is being developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, B.C., and is slated to ship this fall.

"Need for Speed ProStreet accelerates street racing culture by providing the ultimate stage for the pursuit of street racing supremacy," said Executive Producer, Larry LaPierre. "This is a game about building the ultimate performance-tuned battle machine, taking it to multi-disciplinary showdowns all over the world and pitting your skills and reputation against the very best street racers."

Need for Speed ProStreet boasts impeccable precision and impressively detailed photo-realistic graphics, effectively transporting you to the center of the action. It pushes the "Autosculpt™" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance. Need for Speed ProStreet is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown.

Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii? as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com. Press can download assets at http://info.ea.com.

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/

Looks really good. I usually enjoy to play the NFS games a little, but my brother is the one who really plays them to actually play through the game, while I just start a career and don't finish it :razz:

I'd rather not have a "Burnout-esque game". If I wanted to play Burnout, I would buy that, but I dont :p I want to play NFS.

I saw this earlier and this definitly looks like the NFS game i have been waiting for. Street Racing with realistic damage...yummy.

I dont think its burnout. Its prolly just like i said, street racing with realistic damage

looks to still be more along the lines of most wanted and carbon. Just looks like they are emphasizing damage on this one. Maybe a Forza-esque damage system.

Id go with Most wanted...I loved that game. Well they at least need to make the cops like they were in most wanted or maybe even the Driver games..1 and 2 of course

I sense some monitary based car damage repair . I don't care for that type of thing in my NFS . Unrealistic racing with real world repair shop prices , no thanks .

haha, EA loves just focusing on one new thing game after game....most wanted: focused on cop chases, carbon: focused on down-mountain racing and autosculpt, prostreet: will focus on realistic damage

anyway, i bought all of them and will probably buy this one...EA is really good at making good graphics and good enough gameplay...i'll probably wait for a price drop though

ProStreet is an awful name but I will probably buy it since I buy all NFS games. I wish they would just make another game like U2, it was my favorite of the street racing themed NFS games. I hope this one has better customization than MW and Carbon.

fuck...they removed street racing, looks like its all on tracks with obviously no cop chases. The tuning options seem to have expanded though:

Naturally, EA wasn’t about to risk alienating its hardcore audience: the tuners themselves. They want to keep the game accessible for “the masses,” while making sure the customization options are still deep. ProStreet still utilizes the robust autosculpt feature that allows you to craft your work of art, although the shape of your car now directly affects your performance. You can test it in the wind tunnel if you want to adjust the drag, as well as use other methods of performance tuning and testing. We were told that you’ll be able to share your custom vehicles with other players, although we’re not sure exactly how it’ll work on Xbox Live

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1630/Need-for-Speed-ProStreet/p1/

I'm sure that there will be a demo for this sometime in Sept/Oct. so I'll wait for that to make my final decision.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']fuck...they removed street racing, looks like its all on tracks with obviously no cop chases. The tuning options seem to have expanded though.[/quote]

Eww....the only reason I liked them was because they were actually street racing. If they took it out, its at best a rental for me then.

"Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the blockbuster Need for Speed™ franchise is introducing a new version that drives the series in a new direction. Need for Speed™ ProStreet is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you're thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. "

quick question how is more street racing a new direction for nfs lol​

[quote name='dave17']
"Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the blockbuster Need for Speed™ franchise is introducing a new version that drives the series in a new direction. Need for Speed™ ProStreet is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you're thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. "

quick question how is more street racing a new direction for nfs lol​
[/quote]

they just sugar-coat everything...it's basically street racing with more realistic damage modeling and awesome graphics...that's all...i'll probably be a sucker and still buy it anyway though :(

The demo's gone live:
Content: Demo - Need for Speed ProStreet
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Compete at the highest level of street racing. Experience the intense rivalry of Grip Racing and prove yourself in the all-new Speed Challenge - the ultimate test of speed and control. Visit needforspeed.com for full product info. Need for Speed ProStreet is in stores November 14, 2007.
Size: 654.64 MB

I wish it was up last night before I went to bed 1:30am....
I can't wait to try it out, though my hopes for this aren't that great since now its on a track instead of the street racing I loved on Most Wanted.

Stuck inside on account of the flames, so I fired up the 360 (no pun intended) to download and play through this. I'm not really a fan of the NFS series (not opposed to it, just never picked up any of the games). I do like racers in general, and spent a lot of time with Burnout/Gran Turismo on the PS2, so that's where I'm coming from. That being said, I found this game a little too easy. The first racing mode, which requires hitting a checkpoint at as high MPH as possible and averaging the highest 4 splits over a course, just encourages you to let everyone burn you at the start so nothing gets in your way -- there's no adverse action for that. In the "grip" mode, I took the worst lines ever (didn't know the course and the on screen UI is poorly designed) and still won the race on the hardest control mode.

The damage modeling is appreciated, but it's pretty unforgiving - you'll be totaling your car a LOT if you drive it like an arcade racer. And every time you total your vehicle you're subjected to a painful total-slow-mo shot -- that you can't fast forward. Same goes for the cheesy pre-race-intros. Minor annoyances, but they add up.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Stuck inside on account of the flames, so I fired up the 360 (no pun intended) to download and play through this. I'm not really a fan of the NFS series (not opposed to it, just never picked up any of the games). I do like racers in general, and spent a lot of time with Burnout/Gran Turismo on the PS2, so that's where I'm coming from. That being said, I found this game a little too easy. The first racing mode, which requires hitting a checkpoint at as high MPH as possible and averaging the highest 4 splits over a course, just encourages you to let everyone burn you at the start so nothing gets in your way -- there's no adverse action for that. In the "grip" mode, I took the worst lines ever (didn't know the course and the on screen UI is poorly designed) and still won the race on the hardest control mode.

The damage modeling is appreciated, but it's pretty unforgiving - you'll be totaling your car a LOT if you drive it like an arcade racer. And every time you total your vehicle you're subjected to a painful total-slow-mo shot -- that you can't fast forward. Same goes for the cheesy pre-race-intros. Minor annoyances, but they add up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with that also. And the fact that almost all EA games look like ass on my Dell 19" monitor for some unknown reason, this game especially. So I think I'm going to wait for this one to come down in price.

[quote name='Richlough']I sense some monitary based car damage repair . I don't care for that type of thing in my NFS . Unrealistic racing with real world repair shop prices , no thanks .[/QUOTE]

LOL , I don't remember posting that but I guess I was dead on .

No NFS for me anymore , I'm fully prepared to begin my support for Bizarre/Activision .

Damn another year without NFS...
Tried out the demo last night, it looks good, love the look and the graphics, but the gameplay just isn't fun anymore. I want to have long races and have cops chasing me and stuff. Guess my only hope now is Burnout Paradise.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn another year without NFS...
Tried out the demo last night, it looks good, love the look and the graphics, but the gameplay just isn't fun anymore. I want to have long races and have cops chasing me and stuff. Guess my only hope now is Burnout Paradise.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with that. It wasn't BAD, but not really very fun either. Definately not the level of enjoyment that Most Wanted had. I'd say that the car models are great, but I was spoiled the night before by playing the GT5 Prologue demo.

Might rent it.

I played it as well (just finished futzing with it a bit ago).. and it feels like a burnout style game that punishes you for playing burnout-style. :)

After the first "drop" off into the ditch after the 2nd checkpoint... and the obligatory gratuitous roll/flip/whatnot... I decided I'd get this one when it hits budget status (or used well into the future...)

Shame too, because some of the cars in the race looked like fun. (your opponents, I mean.)

Well I bought a new 65 360 yesterday, no problems at all until I download and play the ProStreet Demo, which sucks btw, anyhow my 360 froze after restarting the race. Is this a known issue or should I take my 360 back?

Well no freezing on anything else and when I forced myself to play the demo again it didn't freeze. So im gonna guess it was the demo...

I LOVED NFS: MW and didnt care for NFS: Carbon...how is Pro Street?

Debating on wether or not I wanna buy it.

Sorry for starting a nother thread. I did a search and nothing came up...I think Ill be waiting for a price drop or 2 on this one.

Might rent it but after trying the demo and hearing about this game from others it's just more EA bullshit.

Good job with the revamp guys, way to put quality shit out this time. :roll:

bread's done
Back