Need for Speed Rivals Amazon release date (PS4)

Qontrol

CAGiversary!
What's going on with Amazon and their release date for Need for Speed Rivals.. First they had 12/31 even though they had a release date of 11/22. Then they bumped the release date to 11/15 and Amazon showed the 15th for a day or two now it says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date" Is this just for orders they cannot fulfill on 11/15? 

Yep supposedly they are out of stock already of need for speed rivals estimated delivery date 12-26 (if you haven't had the game preordered for at least a month) that may change but as for getting it release week from amazon if you haven't already had it preordered chances are a little slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh okay that makes more sense. I have it pre-ordered but I ordered it about 3/4 weeks ago. I guess I'll keep the pre-order and try to find it in store this week. It's strange, I don't ever feel it necessary to pre-order because they never run out of games. It's always hardware they sell out of.

I picked that up as part of the B2G1 from Target I think it's really worth a purchase specially being the only racing game for the PS4 for sometime to come. 

Hopefully you get it sooner then later. 

I ended up being forced to pick this up from target. I was thinking about doing an even exchange for it at target later on, but I think I might give it a shot.

My only problem so far... Is I need to do 2 Perfect Turbo's... But I have no clue what that is... derp...

In my area there is a huge shortage of this game as well, so my guess is even though EA bumped up the release date, they did not with production and have shortchanged retailers.  I bought one from GS as a backup in case Amazon can't get it to me in a timely fashion, otherwise my Walmart, Target, BB, and 2 of the 3 GS' in my area are completely sold out of NFS (Target never even got stock of it).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kinda weird. The one thing that's never been hard to find during launches are the games, but for the PS4 it seems like there are a whole bunch of games that just are not easy to find. To me it seems like Sony just made a whole lot more consoles than developers thought possible so now we have a game shortage of anything that's not Call of Duty or Killzone.

It's kinda weird. The one thing that's never been hard to find during launches are the games, but for the PS4 it seems like there are a whole bunch of games that just are not easy to find. To me it seems like Sony just made a whole lot more consoles than developers thought possible so now we have a game shortage of anything that's not Call of Duty or Killzone.
This morning CBS news said something to the effect of Sony should sell around 1 million within launch week

This morning CBS news said something to the effect of Sony should sell around 1 million within launch week
Which is nuts especially considering we're only talking about one region in one week. The Wii U has only sold 3.91 million consoles in its first year and Sony is saying they are hoping to have sold 5 million PS4s by time we get to the Japanese launch.

I also wonder if the Buy 2, Get 1 Sales had a much bigger impact than anticipated. I was only planning on an attach rate of 1 game at launch, but the sale upped it to 3 for me. Considering I only wanted 1, I wonder how many people ended up getting 6 games due to the sale.

bread's done
Back