Need help ASAP with an Ebay buyer trying to scam me! (This is why I hate to sell now)

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Hi, I recently sold the following Nintendo Powers to buyer bigdogluvr3 (who took 5 days to pay, btw):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=160336010226
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&item=160336010251

The box weighed about 30 lbs, and I sent it Parcel mail through USPS. The cost of shipping was $21.70 due to the weight & size of the box. I also got tracking on the package.

Anyway, this is the list of email exchanges that went down. What should I do?

bigdogluvr3:
what's going on? you sent a BIG box with only 7 magazines!!!!! you owe me 22 and 23 mags!!!!!!
email me about this asap!

bigdogluvr3:
yeah! we have big problem! you did not mail my magazines!!!! both auctions!!!!
you sent 7 crap magazines...but NOT my two auctions! what's up with this?
you owe me 22 and 23 magazines!!!!!

me:
Which magazines were sent? Can you give me the magazine numbers? Are they nintendo power? Can you email me a picture to [email protected]?
Also, can you send me the tracking number on the box?

bigdogluvr3:
182-189
the ones that had NOTHING good inside.
i need all my other magazines i bid on. they had some good inserts and such. and these NOTHING
why did you mail a few magazines in such a big box with empty magazine holders and tons of bubble. these FEW mag could have easily fit in a big flat rate $8.95 priority box. so i am very surprised by all of this! i have some very unhappy kids here and the birthday party is THIS WEEKEND!

me:
Empty magazine holders? Are you sure someone didn't take them out at your house and place them somewhere? If not, then it must be mail fraud. The total postage paid was $21.70, and that's a factor of the weight of the box. If the magazine holders were truly empty, the package weight would NOT have cost $21.70.

bigdogluvr3
FRIEND. please dont insult me. i opened the box myself!! did you or did you not include 3 plastic mag holders? and tons of bubble? the 7 mags?
that is the ONLY thing that was in the box
PLEASE tell me you have my other mags!

me:
The package cost $21.70 to ship. I can email you the label record for proof. A box with only 7 magazines isn't going to cost $21.70.

bigdogluvr3
CUTE. i figured you might try that. so i had postman 'witness' when i opened it. as it was not as heavy as it should have been for 50 magazines! so i knew i should have a witness to see what was inside. dont try that crap on me. you know and i know i got 7 magazines in a big box full of filler stuff. i put 45 of my mags on a scale in your box, and the weight was much heavier. so dont give me the weight excuse. yes or no. are you going to mail my 2 auctions or not!? this crap box is being returned to you. i feel you sold MY auctions to that other dude. so.. are you going to mail my auctions or not!? very simple answer. yes or no.

me:
Tell you what. I'll call the Jonesboro Post Master tomorrow to confirm. If they confirm what you're saying, I'll give you a refund. Which of the post offices is it:
2400 E Highland Dr, Jonesboro - (870) 972-9389
310 East St, Jonesboro - (870) 932-7192

me:
Actually, there's a number of post offices in your area. Tell me the address of the one it was, and I'll call tomorrow to confirm what you told me.

bigdogluvr3
MY mail man who delivered it! dude. dont try this crap on me. i am honest ebayer. you sent 7 crap magazines. and you KNOW it! i am not going to argue with you. i'm sending back this crap tomorrow.. RETURN TO SENDER.. so it will show i REFUSED IT. and not delivered to me. you know you sent 7 magazines.. the crap ones. and NOT my 22 and 23 mags. you KNOW THIS. and i KNOW THIS. you are screwing me and you know it. believe me, you dont wanna screw me. and again. i'm not going to waste anymore of my valuable time on you b/c i knew when i got the big box full of fluff, i was being screwed. go get ready for your box back and i will be filing REFUND!

me:
Just tell me the address of your post office, and I will have the Post Master talk with your mail carrier. It's actually pretty easy to do. Thanks.

bigdogluvr3
the mail man carried to my door. i called my neighbor over to witness. would you like to talk to him? in fact, i even took a picture of me opening it up on front door step and it shows all the bubble and empty magazine holders. and 7 crap mags.
i told you i am not going to waste my time with crooked sellers. see my feedback. i am honest buyer. your next email will answer only ONE question.. ARE YOU GOING TO SEND MY 22 AND 23 MAGAZINES? if you dont answer this question.. dont bother to email me anymore. i am filing for my payment TOMORROW morning. and will leave you big negative. and be done with it. i have NO time for this crap! YOU ARE SCREWING me and you know it. i'm not blind or stupid. so dont bother to email me back unless you are emailing me to say you WILL SEND all 22 and 23 magazines owed to me!
period!

me:
Actually, it looks like this is your post office, correct:
2404 Race St, Jonesboro, AR‎ - (870) 972-0275
I'll call tomorrow and have the Post Master talk to your mail carrier.

bigdogluvr3
talk to whoever you want jerk
you are NOT going to screw me
would you like my neighbors phone number too?
and you got the wrong PO
like i said, i'm not going to deal with people like you .. i'm filing REFUND TOMORROW. period. i will get my money back. will leave you SUPER BIG NEGATIVE feedback telling how you cheated me. you KNOW you are cheating me. very simple!

Other information: the person's information is
Angie Pikschus
1611 Montez Dr
Jonesboro AR 72401-5158

Thanks...

EDIT: Married name is Angie Heringer.

Last edited by a moderator:
just as an aside.
I got fucked by a buyer too once.
from then on i include insurance as a shipping option and a little blurb at the bottom of the auction saying "I will not be held resposible for lost/stolen items in the mail if insurance is not purchased"
So far i havent had an problems where the insurance was needed but it sounds like it would help.

in regard to this guy, doesnt your receipt from the post office say how much the box weight right on it?
if so you are golden.
if not just have the POcalculate how much something would have to weigh to be charged the $21.xx for it. You should be ok. Good luck my friend.

Don't sell on eBay, too many situations like this with their new system. Funny how they said they had their PO delivery person watch them open it and then they said it was their neighbor. Can't get their stories straight.

If they paid with Paypal, I am sure Paypal will side with them.

The weight's not listed on the receipt, but it is listed on the Paypal payment when I paid for the shipping online.

Also, I looked at her feedback to other sellers, and it looks like she has a pattern of doing this.

definitely contact ebay, and mention the buyer feedback
also, it's frustrating dealing with someone who is clearly a scammer.
If I was you my next communication might run:

Hello, I have looked at your ebay purchase activity and the feedback listed in your transactions shows a clear pattern of fraud. It appears you are attempting the same scam with the current transaction. I have reported this transaction to ebay. At the same time, I have filed an internet fraud report with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

That may be enough to dissuade the buyer and you won't hear from her again, but you may want to check out the site:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

[quote name='vherub']definitely contact ebay, and mention the buyer feedback
also, it's frustrating dealing with someone who is clearly a scammer.
If I was you my next communication might run:

Hello, I have looked at your ebay purchase activity and the feedback listed in your transactions shows a clear pattern of fraud. It appears you are attempting the same scam with the current transaction. I have reported this transaction to ebay. At the same time, I have filed an internet fraud report with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

That may be enough to dissuade the buyer and you won't hear from her again, but you may want to check out the site:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx[/QUOTE]
I highly recommend to do this. The buyer obviously has a history of pulling crap like this. I'd definitely contact eBay about it, and warn them. Also, send basically what was said to the seller, and see what happens.

I'm afraid to contact ebay ahead of time in case the buyer decides it's not worth her time to open a case against me. I'm also not sure how to contact ebay about this considering that it's not an unpaid item. Does someone have a link?

I'm still considering vherub's email. I may wait first to see what she does...

I have dealt with this a few times, there really is not anything you can do until paypal gets involved, and then unfortunately they then always side with the buyer. You are out then the cost of the item and the shipping that you paid.
The new version of ebay makes it so easy for dishonest people to steal, because you can no longer leave them negative feedback, and paypal allows buyers to claim that items were received, different then described without any proof on there end.
But if you the seller dispute the case you need to go and get a police report or have a signed affidaviate notarized.

I am dealing with a buyer now, who I sent him a sealed Microsoft Xbox 360 Gears of War 2 game, and he is claiming that inside the sealed game, which he acknowledges was sealed, was actually a used PS2 Madden 07 game.

I used to live in Jonesboro, and I am pretty sure that post office on Race st. is where all the mail carriers leave from. All the others are just for drop off and such.

[quote name='sassylaurie']I am dealing with a buyer now, who I sent him a sealed Microsoft Xbox 360 Gears of War 2 game, and he is claiming that inside the sealed game, which he acknowledges was sealed, was actually a used PS2 Madden 07 game.[/QUOTE]

I had a person on Goozex pull the same scam with me. They claimed that inside a sealed 360 game (Pure) was a bootleg copy of Resident Evil for the ps1. Goozex called it a draw and he was awarded his points/trade credit and I was refunded my points. Couldn't believe they bought his story, total scam.

Back on topic, OP, I, too, would follow vherub advice and jump on top of this situation. Probably better to be proactive and at the very least, let the buyer know you won't take this laying down. Good luck.

[quote name='E-Z-B']I'm afraid to contact ebay ahead of time in case the buyer decides it's not worth her time to open a case against me. I'm also not sure how to contact ebay about this considering that it's not an unpaid item. Does someone have a link?

I'm still considering vherub's email. I may wait first to see what she does...[/QUOTE]

Best way to protect yourself in the situation is to call up Paypal customer service ahead of time, explain your case, and then normally what will happen is once you have explained your case you will be given a couple of options, one will be to wait until she does file a dispute on you, and if you had made your case to Paypal ahead of time and they know about the situation, they will have it on record and may be able to deal with it in your favor. The other option is just hope that this all goes away and she forgets or just realize shes not going to win the case and gives up.

Also, a couple of other things,

1. Why didnt you ship media mail, its like half the cost, lol.

2. And where do you see the other feedback of hers that says she tried to pull something like this before, cause I am looking through her 900+ feedback, and I dont see any feedbacks or problems that even resemble something like that. Generally sellers who have issues would still leave positive that says she tried something like that, but I went through like 10 pages, and i dont see anything to that effect.

Ebay should be more like a yard sale or buying from the paper and less like a store. If you bought something from a yard sale and didn't like it, tough shit. Buyer beware.

[quote name='Squarehard']Best way to protect yourself in the situation is to call up Paypal customer service ahead of time, explain your case, and then normally what will happen is once you have explained your case you will be given a couple of options, one will be to wait until she does file a dispute on you, and if you had made your case to Paypal ahead of time and they know about the situation, they will have it on record and may be able to deal with it in your favor. The other option is just hope that this all goes away and she forgets or just realize shes not going to win the case and gives up.

Also, a couple of other things,

1. Why didnt you ship media mail, its like half the cost, lol.

2. And where do you see the other feedback of hers that says she tried to pull something like this before, cause I am looking through her 900+ feedback, and I dont see any feedbacks or problems that even resemble something like that. Generally sellers who have issues would still leave positive that says she tried something like that, but I went through like 10 pages, and i dont see anything to that effect.[/QUOTE]

1. It looks like he had media mail as a shipping option but the buyer chose the more expensive parcel post.

2. Don't look at the feedback she's received. Check the feedback she's left for other sellers.

You should be lucky that the buyer didnt chose media mail. You are not suppose to use media mail for magazine.

what is the person's account

Angie Pikschus
1611 Montez Dr
Jonesboro AR 72401-5158

Is that seriously the person's address? I'm writing them letters. This is BS.

They won't be able to "return to sender" if the box is opened, and even if they do it won't have tracking so if they file a claim, they'll be required to return it and with no tracking they'll lose the claim. If they do put tracking tell paypal they returned items that you did not send them.

[quote name='TimPV3']Angie Pikschus
1611 Montez Dr
Jonesboro AR 72401-5158

Is that seriously the person's address? I'm writing them letters. This is BS.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's it.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']It's some little kid using their parents account....[/QUOTE]

no it is most definitey not some little kid.

bigdogluvr3 is the name of the buyer and shes a real fucking piece of shit. harassment and false claims galore, there are people that refused to sell to her, based on her feedback. insane....

As long as you have your shipping receipt and show that it was delivered and has a weight of the magazines you should be good when PayPal asks you for proof. If the person just returns to sender without and kind of shipping proof that they sent it back to you, they are kind of screwing themself since I don't think they will have any proof that it was actually returned to you. I may be wrong on that, but without a tracking number, I think it would be pretty difficult to prove.

Good luck and I hope PayPal doesn't screw you over on this one.

[quote name='jello22']As long as you have your shipping receipt and show that it was delivered and has a weight of the magazines you should be good when PayPal asks you for proof. If the person just returns to sender without and kind of shipping proof that they sent it back to you, they are kind of screwing themself since I don't think they will have any proof that it was actually returned to you. I may be wrong on that, but without a tracking number, I think it would be pretty difficult to prove.

Good luck and I hope PayPal doesn't screw you over on this one.[/QUOTE]

I just read through a lot of her feedbacks she left for some other sellers she scammed, and I think it speaks for itself. Thats pretty much your proof right there. She must be bipolar or something.

Argh... this is why I don't even want to bother selling all my DVD's on eBay. I rather enjoy all the convenient responses. 'Oh yeah, I took pictures and had my neighbor come over to prove that I was screwed over!' Yeah, you know, because when everyone gets something from someone their first thought is, 'I bet I'm going to be screwed over' and get their mail carrier who I'm sure is a busy person (I've never known a mail carrier to have a lot of free time on the job) wait there while they open the package and take pictures of it as they open it. But as they screwed themselves over anyways going from having it be a mail carrier then their neighbor... maybe their neighbor is also their mail carrier? lol. Never known a mail carrier able to have the route to his/her house either. Maybe you should see if 'her' local PD has an internet crime division... I doubt they would do anything but it might freak them out even more.

Also, anyone else notice that 'her' last name is almost Pikachu? lol. No wonder why 'she' wants Nintendo Power!

Angie Pikschus
1611 Montez Dr
Jonesboro AR 72401-5158

I think you've covered all your bases and others have offered alot of great advice too so I can't really help you there. I do think you should try and report this person though. I've never really understood what qualifies as mail fraud, but I would imagine this would be one of those things. It seems that in these situations alot of people say that the line ends with paypal and whether or not they issue a refund to the buyer but I don't see why you couldn't take it a step further and involve the USPS. This person is probably just going to shrug their shoulders and try again with the next seller... sometimes I think some buyers keep an "I didn't get the item" message in their clipboard and use it with EVERYTHING they buy just to see if it sticks. What a bunch of buttholes.

On another note, if I ever form a band, it's definitely going to be called "7 Crap Mags"

I recently went through an unpaid item dispute with eBay and was happy with the resolution. As long as you have damning evidence that the buyer is uncooperative and/or doesn't keep the facts straight from one message to the next, you should be taken care of.

Gotta love the fact that suddenly the mail carrier/neighbor were there to open the box, but only after the initial email that claimed things were missing. I know I always call my neighborhood over to check out my new box whenever someone mails something to me.
Because you can never be too safe. Also, mailmen love it when you ask them to hang out at your house while you open the mail they delivered. And this is the first time I've ever heard of someone claiming to try "return to sender" for an open package. Doesn't work that way, as another poster pointed out. So silly.

This lady is obviously a huge liar and a first class douchebag. You have emails where she directly contradicts herself. That's really all you need to have this taken care of. Just give it a couple of weeks, as eBay has that "wait 7 days for a reply" stuff in regard to filing complaints.

[quote name='chimpian']just as an aside.
I got fucked by a buyer too once.
from then on i include insurance as a shipping option and a little blurb at the bottom of the auction saying "I will not be held resposible for lost/stolen items in the mail if insurance is not purchased"
So far i havent had an problems where the insurance was needed but it sounds like it would help.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that, from everything I've read Paypal doesn't care if you put such disclaimers in your auction, and won't consider them at dispute time.

[quote name='vherub']definitely contact ebay, and mention the buyer feedback[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dabogues']I recently went through an unpaid item dispute with eBay and was happy with the resolution. As long as you have damning evidence that the buyer is uncooperative and/or doesn't keep the facts straight from one message to the next, you should be taken care of.[/QUOTE]

Again, no personal experience, but I've read many accounts of Paypal disputes where Paypal said that they do not consider feedback or outside emails when making decisions. In the case of email, it's supposed to be because they can't verify that the emails are authentic.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try these things anyway, you never know when you'll get a decent dispute resolution person at Paypal, but don't get your hopes up.

I'd follow any good advice you've received. However, the truth is that she's a thief, and she will not return anything to you. She will file a claim with paypal, and it will then be up to them. I have yet to win a paypal claim, even when I proved my point with receipts and Delivery confirmations. The system is built to allow these fuckers to steal.

I would report her to Ebay, and see if that does not anything, but I'm skeptical anything will be done. They make too much money to care about these incidents.

[quote name='elmyra']Good luck with that, from everything I've read Paypal doesn't care if you put such disclaimers in your auction, and won't consider them at dispute time. [/quote]

I've heard this repeated multiple times, too. Putting such disclosures in your auctions are to ward off the meek and for seller self-assurances, but Paypal doesn't care what you say in your auction - they'll say it's up to the seller to purchase insurance, as package insurance is meant to protect the SELLER, not the buyer, as the buyer can easily open a chargeback claim as their form of "insurance".

Same thing happened to me as I sold a new PS3, buyer sent 5 different excuses out in separate emails, filed a Paypal case saying a "jacked off and placed a pubic hair" on the console, lost that. Sent me an email saying everything worked perfectly and she was very happy with the system. Then the very next day sent me an email demanding $200 back due to having to pay for customs taxes from Canada and sent it back. When I got it back I got no instruction packet, no blu ray dvd, but just an empty bag. I sent a email reagarding this and she this is exactly as I got it, however I sent Disney Sing it with the system and she sent back Mercenaries 2. These ppl are such liars.

[quote name='elmyra']Again, no personal experience, but I've read many accounts of Paypal disputes where Paypal said that they do not consider feedback or outside emails when making decisions. In the case of email, it's supposed to be because they can't verify that the emails are authentic.[/QUOTE]

Does it help that the emails were through Ebay's "Contact the Seller/Buyer" message tool? I still have all the emails in my Ebay mailbox.

[quote name='dragonjud']I would report her to Ebay,[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to the reporting page? I can't seem to find it...

[quote name='E-Z-B']Does it help that the emails were through Ebay's "Contact the Seller/Buyer" message tool? I still have all the emails in my Ebay mailbox.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that should help, because eBay should be able to verify to Paypal that those emails are legitimate. Good luck!

This the MAJOR risk with eBay these days. There's TONS of protection for the buyers and NONE for the sellers.

I'm sorry this happened to you and I don't really know what to say to help. I really hope you get this resolved because that person doesn't deserve a dime of your money or "his" magazines.

wow does she absolutely have to say "RUDE" in every negative feedback? it's like her catchphrase or something

This is one of many reasons why it's ridiculous that sellers can't leave negatives to buyers. She has 100% feedback over the last 12 months and no one would know she's a complete dirtbag douchebag unless you read the feedback she left others. Totally ridiculous feedback system EBay has now!

Good luck OP!

Man, this sucks. Real sorry you have to deal with this crap. She is absolutely uncooperative. Everyone of your questions is treated as a threat. How high strung do you have to be to be offended by a question of which post office is near you?

This is why I trade/buy/sell here on CAG and now Goozex. eBay might get your stuff more exposure, but they offer no protection to sellers anymore.

Also, why is it that most eBay buyers can't spell for jack shit?

... and Craigslist. After you meet up- it's done. No "I didn't receive blah" or "I'm a douche and am stealing your stuff- have paypal reverse that!"

[quote name='phdeez']... and Craigslist. After you meet up- it's done. No "I didn't receive blah" or "I'm a douche and am stealing your stuff- have paypal reverse that!"[/QUOTE]

..and get raped/killed and wake up dead.

lol j/k but seriously be careful with CL.

Reply by lottagold (Jan-15-06 04:10):
What a LIAR! You have changed your story now 3 times!!!! No items were missing!!
Follow-up by bigdogluvr3 (Jan-15-06 05:25):
Calling Names does not help anything. U know you sent damaged.now ripping me off

This sounds about accurate.

Just an update. I just couldnt' take it anymore from the stress - my stomach's been killing me about this. So I gave her a full refund. Now I'm getting this:

bigdogluvr3
LAST EMAIL
if i dont get a reply TODAY, negative feedback explaining what you did to me will be left! buyers dont like to know that sellers sell out from under the buyers to another buyer at higher price! so unless i get answer TODAY that i get my magazines, i will reveal what you did, AND file complaint to ebay.
so i hope you do the right thing and send my 2 auctions
i will wait to hear from you TODAY

me
(set her refund, apologized for what happened)

bigdogluvr3
ALREADY GOT MY MONEY BACK VIA CREDIT CARD AND YOU KNOW THIS. no neg will be left as soon as i get all my magazines!!!!! if i dont get all my mags, NEG will be left. ebay said if i dont get my auctions, i 'should' leave neg so other buyers will know.. so i know you will fulfill contract of ebay sale. do you intend to or not? i want all my magazines! yes or no!????

me
Check your paypal account - I just gave you a refund last night including shipping. This is too stressful, and I don't want negative feedback. Good luck.
And I really did send you the magazines. I'm just trying to clear clutter from my house. I don't know what happened, maybe the post office damaged the box, then who knows what happened.

bigdogluvr3
nope. i did not get them. please check your house. like i said. my ONLY option is if i dont get those mags i WILL leave negative feedback. PLEASE SEND MY MAGAZINES. then all will be great. if you choose NOT to send my magazines, then negative WILL be left. thanks. i hope you choose to send my auctions to me.

SEND MY MAGAZINES OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WILL BE LEFT
VERY SIMPLE
SO IF YOU SOLD TO SOMEONE ELSE, I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET THEM BACK
THE JUNK YOU SENT WAS CRAP
I'M NOT STUPID
I HAD A SELLER DO THIS ONCE TO ME. BELIEVE ME HE IS STILL PAYING FOR IT

I GET SO MAD WHEN A SELLER DOES THIS TO ME
SO I HOPE YOU DO THE RIGHT THING AND SEND MY MAGAZINES
YOU KNOW YOU DID NOT SEND THEM

YOU KNOW
AND
I KNOW

SO ARE YOU GOING TO SEND TO ME OR NOT?

me
Just leave me negative feedback. I'm tired of dealing with your threats.

bigdogluvr3
YOU ARE A CROOK!
AND YOUR BUYERS WILL KNOW IT
you sold my magazines to someone else

i will be filing complaint to ebay too!
good luck! i am sooooo mad
crook!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Buy plane/train ticket
2. Go to her house
3. ???
4. Profit!

Ok, but seriously. Tell her to straight up fuck off. She got her money back and kept your magazines. It's not like her filing a report's gonna do a damned thing. Paypal can't make you pay her more money.

bread's done
Back