Need help with Dark Souls Collector's Edition

Well after finding out that the CE for North America will NOT be including the physical content as advertised (you now get a digital strategy guide, digital sound track and a digital video all through coupon) I cancelled my CE order.
Frees up one on Amazon I guess.

A digital guide is a little useless in-game. I can use my PC for that.
Looks like this content will be sold later online so I can wait until this drops in price. Kinda sad the CE for Demons Souls was great.:cry:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/04/dark-souls-collectors-edition-contents-switched-up/

Just watch some unboxing videos; pal territory gets the soundtrack and behind the scene on discs but not the steel case. As for the strategy guide i'll use darksouls.wikidot.com

Still comes with the art book and metal case. Good enough for me. But then again, I would have been fine with the regular edition. Can't wait. Hurry up BB!

Just checked my order status and my Dark Souls CE that I put in for a week ago no longer has an estimated delivery date and now says out of stock will ship when available. I cancelled my order and will pick up the regular edition from any store I happen to pass by today.

[quote name='MikeFightNight']Just checked my order status and my Dark Souls CE that I put in for a week ago no longer has an estimated delivery date and now says out of stock will ship when available. I cancelled my order and will pick up the regular edition from any store I happen to pass by today.[/QUOTE]

Same with mine. Grrrrrrrr.

By the way the digital guide is actually apparently a full guide (though it pretty obviously still won't be as detailed as the hard copy version)

*edit*

Best Buy appears to still have the CE in stock. Cancelled my FS order and switched over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in the Toronto area can pick up a copy of the collector's edition at Game Centre. You don't need a preorder or anything like that, they have a couple of loose copies you can get while supplies last.

[quote name='gill2k']My CE from Futureshop says out of stock. No shipping notice yet :([/QUOTE]
Same here

I'm really angry about this

Why wouldn't the update it as they were taking orders

WHY

I just got my CE from Gamestop.ca, and I only preordered mine like a week ago. I know it cost a few bucks more than FS/BB, but it's really worth it to order from a reliable retailer.

[quote name='lawlflip']Same here

I'm really angry about this

Why wouldn't the update it as they were taking orders

WHY[/QUOTE]

How could they, retailers don't even know how many they would be getting from Namco Bandai.
Namco Bandai has failed again; they don't listen to fans, just ask Tales fans.

Just fyi, got shipping confirmation/tracking number of CE from bestbuy. I'm guessing it'll get here tomorrow morning.

[quote name='poxsc']I bought a CE from the Wal Mart at Jane/Hwy 7. They only had the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]
You are a saint. I went to BB, FS, and 2 EBs and couldn't get a CE. I was extremely disappointed, until I saw your post. I quickly went to my nearest Wal-Mart and to my delight they had 2 CE for ps3. For those in South West Edmonton, this the Wal-Mart in Currents of Windermere.

[quote name='retro.elite']How could they, retailers don't even know how many they would be getting from Namco Bandai.
Namco Bandai has failed again; they don't listen to fans, just ask Tales fans.[/QUOTE]
Amazon does it.

Anyway it says FS is back in stock, hopefully they ship soon

I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game with amazon.ca...
A bunch of my friends are already playing their copies and mine didn't even ship yet :(

It seems some Best Buys in the Vancouver region have not received their shipment yet. The girl I spoke to said they could receive them anytime this week.

Question to those who got their collector edition (specifically the 360 version). Was the game itself (the dvd case inside the box) shrink wrapped? Also did it have the same cover art as the standard edition?
I've found most collector editions do have the dvd case shrink wrapped, but wanted to confirm.

[quote name='lawlflip']Amazon does it.

Anyway it says FS is back in stock, hopefully they ship soon[/QUOTE]

Amazon.ca still hasn't shipped my order. I put in my order on June 4.

[quote name='ragnar14']Looking at unboxing videos, yes, it should have the standard shrink wrapped game in the tin.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Earlier when I was looking for unboxing videos the only one I found the guys had already unwrapped everything, so I was unsure.
Found a newer video after I read your response and yeah it does look like the standard one packed in the tin.

[quote name='ragnar14']Looking at unboxing videos, yes, it should have the standard shrink wrapped game in the tin.[/QUOTE]
Looking at those unboxing videos, I'm hoping we end up getting the standard edition with the $20 gift card apology instead :D

NOOOOOOOOOO crap its purolator:( art boook is might purty tho only for same price for more $10 nah! lol

oops i meant the carrier is purolater they suck in general their pickup depot is far from me

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']NOOOOOOOOOO crap its purolator:( art boook is might purty tho only for same price for more $10 nah! lol[/QUOTE]
What do you mean? Purolator just delivered your copy and it wasn't a CE?

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']oops i meant the carrier is purolater they suck in general their pickup depot is far from me[/QUOTE]
Ok, that makes me feel better. My copy is out for delivery and I was worried that it's not the CE (although I still have doubts).

Got my confirmation yesterday for my Dark Souls CE from Future Shop.
Unfortunately I am out of town for business and don't know when I will get back to play :(

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']NOOOOOOOOOO crap its purolator:( art boook is might purty tho only for same price for more $10 nah! lol

oops i meant the carrier is purolater they suck in general their pickup depot is far from me[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this option would work for you, but what I do to deal with Purolator so I can avoid going to the depot is this (picked this up from other's suggestions around the web):

Load up the webpage for the tracking number (even if it doesn't have any information yet), and print it out.
On the printout I write "You have my permission to leave this package at my door"
Write my name, address, phone number, and sign my name at the bottom.
Then I tape that note to my front door when I leave the house.

Done this since the summer when the postal strike was going on, and they've taken the note and left the package every time.

Saves me the trouble of waiting for the next business day when they'll have it in the depot, along with the trip to the depot, which is a bit away from me.

Of course I live in a quiet neighbourhood, and have lots of cover in front of my door so I don't fear someone seeing/walking off with the package. This probably won't work so well if you live in an apartment building or somewhere where the package will be highly visible all day.

hey thanks for suggestion, i guess you can do that but from what i heard you can fill out the back when they give you the slip that way you only do it once? do you think your way theyll know next time or its something youll have to do everytime?

YES just got it! DANG OLD PUROLATER ITS DURTY DUSTY MY FINGERS ARE GREY from touching the outside plastic
DANG IT HAS TWO NASTY EB TYPE STICKERS TOP AND BOTTOM nasty stickyness ARGGG
ok so yeah i opened the tin lol its just the regular game inside and artbook and a card for the strat book soundtrack

ok one thing i gotta give credit the delivery guy was cool he actualyl knocked loudly AWESOME sometimes they dont even knock so you didnt even know they came until you see the slip to pick up

[quote name='buzzyon']Just got my pre-order from best buy and it's the CE. :)[/QUOTE]
Nice! When did you order it?

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']hey thanks for suggestion, i guess you can do that but from what i heard you can fill out the back when they give you the slip that way you only do it once? do you think your way theyll know next time or its something youll have to do everytime?[/QUOTE]

Not sure on the filling out the back of the slip, but I do know you can get a signature not required (SNR) sticker. You print out a form, fill it in and bring it to the depot and they'll set you up with a sticker. Once you have the sticker on your door they'll just leave the packages at your door.
Only reason I haven't done that myself is the one time I tried the postal strike was going on so they weren't taking the forms, and since then I've been using the other method and haven't had to go to the depot again.

[quote name='MrGone']Nice! When did you order it?[/QUOTE]
Order was placed June 8th. Hopefully everybody in Canada gets their CE upgrade. I read that it's a nightmare trying to get it at some places (especially BB) in US.

[quote name='buzzyon']Order was placed June 8th. Hopefully everybody in Canada gets their CE upgrade. I read that it's a nightmare trying to get it at some places (especially BB) in US.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, seems like it's been a bit of a mess. I'd even heard about some folks in the US getting CEs with French on the back, which seemed to me like some Canadian shipments might've been diverted to meet the overwhelming demand down there. Ordering early seems to have been worthwhile, though! I ordered on the 9th of June, so I'm hoping to get my shipping notice pretty soon.

[quote name='MrGone']Yeah, seems like it's been a bit of a mess. I'd even heard about some folks in the US getting CEs with French on the back, which seemed to me like some Canadian shipments might've been diverted to meet the overwhelming demand down there. Ordering early seems to have been worthwhile, though! I ordered on the 9th of June, so I'm hoping to get my shipping notice pretty soon.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I'm surprised our orders didn't ship on the same day. How many pre-orders are they dealing with when a single day (four months ago!) actually makes a difference for when your order ships? I got my shipping notice at 5:12pm yesterday, perhaps it will be around the same time for you today.

Just got a shipping notice a few minutes ago for my 360 CE. So it would appear they've started to get some more stock in.
I ordered June 6th during the E3 sale.

Must've been enough orders that whatever strain they've been dealing with on the supply side that they had to split it up - all this madness around Dark Souls is pretty awesome to see (or at least it will be when everyone finally gets their games!). And I finally got my shipping notice as well. Now to wait for the shipment to get far enough into Purolator's system that I can get them to redirect it from my PO box to my home address. Surprise express shipping is kind of a mixed bag :)

I cancelled my pre-order, walked into Best Buy and bought a regular edition. Wish I had known the Wal-Mart at Jane/7 had CEs, I would've just gone there instead.

Ah well!

I stand by my decision. I've been playing since yesterday afternoon. :D

Future Shop order still hasn't shipped. Still out of stock. Called to get them to just change it to the regular edition. Said they'll have to cancel the entire order, which I have Arkham City incl. for $49.99 (Dark Souls also for $49.99).

Batman and the Dark Souls strategy guide will probably get here before the game.

Well, gives me time to work on my backlog.

To anyone having trouble getting the CE content from Namco, a little Googling will turn up alternate download options.

It's not stealing if it was free to begin with. :p

yeah this whole reward zone pts online thing is total scam i never get my pts??? it works in store but online it never counts?

Amazon.ca is supposed to be shipping tomorrow.

I pre-ordered back in January or something stupidly early, basically as soon as the game appeared on the site.

Fingers crossed. I may indeed try to hunt down a retail CE just in case.

I am a little disappointed in the CE. I would have rather had the mini guide in paper, than the art book. Oh, well I have no right to be disappointed, as it cost the same as the regular edition.

Did anyone else end up with a gluey mess when they removed the two end stickers from their CE sleeve. I tried the old nail polish trick, but no luck. That is the same shit EB uses (though I am told EB has changed theirs to be better).

bread's done
Back