Need some help naming a song overheard at a restaurant..

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this on the radio or not, but the music playing at this restaurant sounded like your usual contemporary/modern/pop/won't offend anyone radio. All I can remember was that the song was a female singer that repeated what I think was "like it like it." The only reason I sort of liked the song was that it was really catchy, but have no clue who it is and can't seem to find it through a variety of searches.

I've googled around a bit, and all I get is Rihanna's S & M, but it definitely wasn't/isn't that.

I have no clue who it could be. Hopefully someone out there in the internet might be able to pull the song out of the ether for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ +1

Except I use Soundhound for the android.
It's free with unlimited tagging (searches)
Shazam only lets you find 5 songs a month on the free version.

And I use the shit out of the program. Put a widget on my phone's desktop so whenever I hear a song I like I just instantly hit listen button.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Not sure if this on the radio or not, but the music playing at this restaurant sounded like your usual contemporary/modern/pop/won't offend anyone radio. All I can remember was that the song was a female singer that repeated what I think was "like it like it." The only reason I sort of liked the song was that it was really catchy, but have no clue who it is and can't seem to find it through a variety of searches.

I've googled around a bit, and all I get is Rihanna's S & M, but it definitely wasn't/isn't that.

I have no clue who it could be. Hopefully someone out there in the internet might be able to pull the song out of the ether for me.[/QUOTE]

I know you said contemporary, but you sure it wasn't this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqaKisKIyUo

It sounds like a chick singing, but its a dude.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm going to laugh if it was "I like it" by Enrique Iglesias[/QUOTE]

Baby I LIKE IT!!!!

(insert fist-pumping)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Not sure if this on the radio or not, but the music playing at this restaurant sounded like your usual contemporary/modern/pop/won't offend anyone radio. All I can remember was that the song was a female singer that repeated what I think was "like it like it." The only reason I sort of liked the song was that it was really catchy, but have no clue who it is and can't seem to find it through a variety of searches.

I have no clue who it could be. Hopefully someone out there in the internet might be able to pull the song out of the ether for me.[/QUOTE]

It's got to be Rhianna's S&M - there's that whole section where she goes come on come on come on I like it like it

Skip to 1:30 - sound like what you heard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdS6HFQ_LUc#t=1m30s

The melody late in the song is from the Cure's "Let's Go To Bed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXzxYVeI0wc

I'm gonna threadjack for a sec:

Does anyone else find Rihanna's song a bit problematic considering she was a victim of domestic violence?

Beyond that, I think the song sucks. Back on topic.. :D

I heard/saw that S&M song as the opener for some award show the other day with Britney Spears. It was so auto-tuned that there was no life left in it at all. Sometimes with a good autotune you can tell it started out as a person, this literally sounded like that talk feature on a computer where it reads the text for you. Truly terrible.

[quote name='dohdough']I'm gonna threadjack for a sec:

Does anyone else find Rihanna's song a bit problematic considering she was a victim of domestic violence?

Beyond that, I think the song sucks. Back on topic.. :D[/QUOTE]

She says it's Social and Media - IE she is defined by the press no matter what she's really like.

I don't have any problem with it, and for the record I think Chris Brown is a lowlife with serious anger issues.

My problem with these pop songs is that they have no shelf life.

[quote name='dohdough']I saw that as well. Britney lip-syncing didn't help either considering Rhianna was live.[/QUOTE]

My money is on both of them being live, but Britney being so off key that the autotune keyboard took to long to run it all through the algorithms to get it closer to correct. Either that or they had some dry signal mixed in too which made it sound like she was harmonizing herself. All I know is that it was very uncomfortable to my ear so I changed the channel after about 20 seconds.

Besides, S&M and domestic abuse are terribly different things and why people draw any similarity is beyond me.

bread's done
Back