Neo Geo Mini Amazon Order is Live

yeah, if they get retail stocked at walmart/target I would def buy one if the price dives on BS
I am hoping for the same thing. The Neo Geo X was more appealing IMO, but I don't think it was carried in any B&M stores aside from maybe Gamestop around the time it came out.

I canceled mine too. I don't even think I'd pick it up for $60.

Think about it. It's 90% fighting games. With one tiny joystick and screen.

Y'all are really making me nervous with all these sudden cancellations! lol. Going to keep my pre-order, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I canceled mine too. I don't even think I'd pick it up for $60.

Think about it. It's 90% fighting games. With one tiny joystick and screen.
Less than half the games on the international version (the one Amazon sells for $109.99) are fighting games. Keep practicing.

i cancelled my preorder as well. it's too expensive, doesn't include controllers, and the game selection is disappointing. i will just continue to pickup neo games of my choosing on the switch instead. 

Keeping mine. yes its missing games that should be on it like baseball stars and others but i love Samurai Shodown and i am a big fan of snk arcade games.  I hope they see what 1up did and make a mvs version 

Neo Geo Mini International + International white and black controllers + International Mini HDMI cable unboxing by Spawnwave:

https://youtu.be/UVNRqRGsPIw

@ 17:42-19:32

Is there not a way to display the games in their original, 4:3 aspect ratio, or is this forced, fake, 16:9 widescreen? Looks awful stretched like that... :/

I have a full size Neo Geo MVS 4 Slot in my garage, but I still had to get this; I'm counting down the days until 10/15.  I think I'm going to put it in my office at work on my desk and have it be a conversation piece, but I did order the black and white controllers to go with it, so who knows, maybe my son will like it and I'll keep it at home to play. 

Neo Geo Mini International + International white and black controllers + International Mini HDMI cable unboxing by Spawnwave:

https://youtu.be/UVNRqRGsPIw

@ 17:42-19:32

Is there not a way to display the games in their original, 4:3 aspect ratio, or is this forced, fake, 16:9 widescreen? Looks awful stretched like that... :/
There is a 4:3 output option in the video settings, his direct feed capture highlights how blurry the video output is though, that's not a fault of his card, it legit looks like that

I'd happily pay a premium price for a really high quaity Neo Geo box with accurate emulation and heavy duty controllers. Not this cheap garbage. Looks better than the Neo Geo X but that's not really saying much. 

I'm about to cancel my preorder. I'd rather have the PS classic than this. Even though I can afford both, I don't need two classic consoles within 2 months of each other, and I much prefer the cost and games of the PS classic. Hoping to pick this up in a year.

I really wish sony had gone all out on that PS Classic and added some kinda way to expand the game choices whether an integrated store or something

Wait a sec, people actually want the ps1 classic?  It's got the shitty original controller not the dual shock analog and seems to be missing all of the classic games like sotn, metal gear solid, parappa, tony hawk, chroo cross, silent hill that actually held up over time.  

a ps2 classic would be great.  or a GBA classic.  I'd be fine with skipping the ps1 classic and n64 classic

I'm keeping my snk neo mini pre order, I'm only getting one controller though, not 2

I was tempted to get this (still am to a degree) but after seeing all the fighters I'll just pick up some different gamers here and there on the Switch's Eshop.  Doesn't hurt they are doing some discounts on ACA games right now so I can pick up a few on the cheap.  Still a cool design but it doesn't stack up to the ones Nintendo put out and so far the PS Classic looks okay.  I'll have to wait until the full game lineup is revealed.

Wait a sec, people actually want the ps1 classic? It's got the shitty original controller not the dual shock analog and seems to be missing all of the classic games like sotn, metal gear solid, parappa, tony hawk, chroo cross, silent hill that actually held up over time.
They only announced 3 games for it, so how do you know what's missing?

And the controllers are connected through standard USB. You could likely plug in a PS3/PS4 controller/fight stick.

I have way more nostalgia and enjoyed PS1 games more than the Neo Geo games. They don't even compare to each other, imo. Let's just hope the rest of the games are big hitters.

As cool as the Neo Geo Mini looks, the announcement of the Playstation Classic has caused me to focus on that system as an item on my Xmas list instead.

Kinda salty the Classic is the original D-Pad only controller, which means one of my favorite PS1 games (Ape Escape) is a no go :(.

Hoping for another good RPG like Legend of Dragoon though, or Chrono Cross. I'm sure Crash Bandicoot 1-3 are no brainers for the collection, and probably Parappa as well. Tomba would be my wildcard game (Though theres like a 1% chance of that)

l don't get the excitement for Playstation Classic at all. I'd rather buy a Neo Geo Mini and Commodore 64 mini before touching that shit.
Thems be fighting words.

My PS1 was the first brand new console I received as a kid, and was pretty much the era that shaped my favorite games and genres to this day. My love of Megaman and Final Fantasy and numerous other series started on the PS1 for me despite them having earlier entries.

I still have all of my demo discs from the Playstation magazines and Pizza Hut and various other places somewhere in storage.

Kinda salty the Classic is the original D-Pad only controller, which means one of my favorite PS1 games (Ape Escape) is a no go :(.

Hoping for another good RPG like Legend of Dragoon though, or Chrono Cross. I'm sure Crash Bandicoot 1-3 are no brainers for the collection, and probably Parappa as well. Tomba would be my wildcard game (Though theres like a 1% chance of that)
I doubt we see Crash or Spyro with the remakes this year.

to much hate for the tv out. I think most who buy a mini arcade cab are buying it to play on the mini cab. I dont know why anyone would buy a mini arcade system to use on the tv. I.M.O. the tv out is a bonus feature

but i do agree they should have added more shooter/sports games to it.

and they should have made it the size of a bartop or arcade1up cab size.

then you could really enjoy these games like they were meant to be played.

I am thinking it will end up being to small to really get into and have fun

Kinda ironic SNK was all over Tommo (a third party manufacturer) a few years back, over the lack in quality of the Neo Geo X Gold Limited Edition, that came out in 2012, and wanted to completely cut ties with them over it. Yet here we are, in 2018, and SNK's newest classic system, done in-house by the way, has quality control issues of it's own. Pretty amazing, to be honest.

bread's done
Back