NES Pinball

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This was one of my favorites among the early NES releases. It was simplistic but addicting. The last time I put it in my top loader, I figured I'd play it for about 20 minutes tops, but an hour later, I was still trying to see if I could beat my previous top score, and then see if I could top that.

Anyone else enjoy this?

[quote name='DigitalSpace']
Anyone else enjoy this?[/QUOTE]

I really thought that game sucked. But I to this day have a serious and somewhat sick addiction Super Pinball Behind the Mask for the SNES

[quote name='snotknocker']I really thought that game sucked. But I to this day have a serious and somewhat sick addiction Super Pinball Behind the Mask for the SNES[/quote]

Super Pinball: Behind the Mask, is my favortie video pinball game of all time!

I cant even begin to try and count the hours Ive wasted playing that game. I still play it to this day. In fact, I may play it tonight when I get home. lol

[quote name='Puffa469']Super Pinball: Behind the Mask, is my favortie video pinball game of all time!

I cant even begin to try and count the hours Ive wasted playing that game. I still play it to this day. In fact, I may play it tonight when I get home. lol[/QUOTE]

I put in 2 hours a week minimum on this game without fail. Sometimes when I get hot I'll play for 3 or 4 hours in a row. Like a said before ...... sick

[quote name='DigitalSpace']This was one of my favorites among the early NES releases. It was simplistic but addicting. The last time I put it in my top loader, I figured I'd play it for about 20 minutes tops, but an hour later, I was still trying to see if I could beat my previous top score, and then see if I could top that.

Anyone else enjoy this?[/quote]

I loved NES Pinball back in the day. I had a friend who had Pinball and Breakthru and we'd play those all day.

Pinball was a fun game but I prefeered Pinbot, especially because it was based off a real machine so it was fun to play it at home on NES and then play the real thing in the arcade.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Pinball was a fun game but I prefeered Pinbot, especially because it was based off a real machine so it was fun to play it at home on NES and then play the real thing in the arcade.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, I remember putting in many hours on Pinbot. I know I have a copy of it somewhere. I'm gonna have to dig it up and pop that puppy in.

So last night while I was gettin in some Quality time with Super Pinball: Behind the Mask, I decided to see what other pinball games were available for the snes. So I fired up my emulator and was looking thru all the roms and I found that there is a sequel to Super Pinball: BTM for the snes. Same developer and everything. I tried the first table, which was called 'Space Sister', but the game didnt play too well on my emulator. There was some noticable lag, which is not good in a pinball game where you need split second timing. Now i need to see if I can track down this cart somewhere...

Yeah, Pinball is sweet. We used to have tournaments. I have a saved gamestate on nesterDC for game C (the part with the princess.)

Pinball is only ok... want some real fun pinball, Devil's Crush and Alien Crush for the TG-16 are as good as they come

The first time I played NES Pinball was when I got it in Animal Crossing. When I was younger, I was all about Alien Crush for Turbografx -- the system I sold my first NES for. Suffice to say, NES Pinball didn't wow me much, though the physics were good for its time. Hell, they're better than recent pinball games like Mile High (N-Gage) and Flipnic (PS2).

[quote name='zman73']Pinball is only ok... want some real fun pinball, Devil's Crush and Alien Crush for the TG-16 are as good as they come[/quote]

I used to play Alien Crush for hours on end. Luved that game!

[quote name='Puffa469']So last night while I was gettin in some Quality time with Super Pinball: Behind the Mask, I decided to see what other pinball games were available for the snes. So I fired up my emulator and was looking thru all the roms and I found that there is a sequel to Super Pinball: BTM for the snes. Same developer and everything. I tried the first table, which was called 'Space Sister', but the game didnt play too well on my emulator. There was some noticable lag, which is not good in a pinball game where you need split second timing. Now i need to see if I can track down this cart somewhere...[/quote]

From what I've heard, the sequel was only released in Japan, and is scarce. I remember reading that someone on Digital Press paid quite a bit of cash for a complete copy some time ago. It's a shame that it didn't get released here.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']From what I've heard, the sequel was only released in Japan, and is scarce. I remember reading that someone on Digital Press paid quite a bit of cash for a complete copy some time ago. It's a shame that it didn't get released here.[/quote]

Yeah unfortunately it looks like its pretty rare. A quick search turned up none on ebay. The rom I played is completely in english too, a shame it didnt come out here. I may try a different emulator to see if I can play it lag free, Im currently using snes9x, and thats not cutting it.

bread's done
Back