Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

Did they remove the ability to view all of your instant activity? I can see the last month or so's but no link to see it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cantatus']No, I still see it. Go to your account, and click "See instant watching activity" under "Your Streaming Plan".[/QUOTE]

Yea, but not all of it. Used to be able to see from the beginning of time.

Looks like its limited to last 100 - darn. I wanted to see what TV shows i've watched since starting up.

Added some movies, most notably The Hunger Games. Others that I noticed were Arthur & the Invisibles, Man on the Moon, and Bully. Also a bunch of Bond movies are up...don't know when they were added though.

Bond movies went up recently but they don't last long. If you're planning on watching them they are just up for like a month, some two months.

I just recently finished Hemlock Grove. Pretty decent adaptation of the book with some decent enough acting. It faltered a bit in the middle episodes, but the last 3 episodes were fucking amazing.

This probably isn't the best place to ask (hope there isn't a fanboy thing in netflix vs hulu) but I just signed up for a one month trial of huluplus. I figure I can afford $16/mo for both services.

Is it me or is it really bad? There was a paste magazine article about the top 10 shows to watch on hulu plus and it mentioned newsradio which I loved back in the day. It's no longer on hulu+....?

Anyone else have hulu plus and think I'm nuts?

[quote name='confoosious']This probably isn't the best place to ask (hope there isn't a fanboy thing in netflix vs hulu) but I just signed up for a one month trial of huluplus. I figure I can afford $16/mo for both services.

Is it me or is it really bad? There was a paste magazine article about the top 10 shows to watch on hulu plus and it mentioned newsradio which I loved back in the day. It's no longer on hulu+....?

Anyone else have hulu plus and think I'm nuts?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I had Hulu for about 2 months, and it didn't seem worth it. No movies interested me, and the only thing I found myself watching was The Daily Show. The commercials turned me off too, so now I'm solely Netflix. I can always find something on there I'm interested to see. Not so much Hulu.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Nope. I had Hulu for about 2 months, and it didn't seem worth it. No movies interested me, and the only thing I found myself watching was The Daily Show. The commercials turned me off too, so now I'm solely Netflix. I can always find something on there I'm interested to see. Not so much Hulu.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but I don't see why you would sign up for Hulu+ with the intention to watch movies. It's primarily a TV service and is mainly used as an alternative to cable.

[quote name='Tsel']No offense, but I don't see why you would sign up for Hulu+ with the intention to watch movies. It's primarily a TV service and is mainly used as an alternative to cable.[/QUOTE]

My intention wasn't to watch movies, it was tv shows. I thought the movies would be a nice bonus (as I had no knowledge of what movies Hulu had), and wasn't expecting their selection to be as poor as it was.

[quote name='Tsel']No offense, but I don't see why you would sign up for Hulu+ with the intention to watch movies. It's primarily a TV service and is mainly used as an alternative to cable.[/QUOTE]

But there's nothing on it! I figured I'd catch up on all my 30 rock and for some reason their contract expired and they won't renew.

Modern Family seems to be missing a ton of episodes too. (I've never seen an episode but wanted to know what the hubbub was about.)

The only thing I've gotten out of it is community and bob's burgers. I really like bob's burgers.

[quote name='confoosious']But there's nothing on it! I figured I'd catch up on all my 30 rock and for some reason their contract expired and they won't renew.

Modern Family seems to be missing a ton of episodes too. (I've never seen an episode but wanted to know what the hubbub was about.)

The only thing I've gotten out of it is community and bob's burgers. I really like bob's burgers.[/QUOTE]
Really? I have no problem finding shows I watch or am interested in watching. I like it because it's the only place I can watch NXT regularly.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I just saw that they've added The Dictator and End of Watch.[/QUOTE]

The Dictator is alright. I def want to see End of Watch. I hate how we can't see upcoming Netflix titles anymore.

I Got to get this out of the way, Tron: Uprising is fucking awesome. The writing is great since they're "computer programs" it can somehow dwell into darker territory for a kids cartoon with them dying since they break into cubes and the animation is fantastic. It's rare when I can say a cartoon has amazing action choreography, but this one does. I Really hope it gets another season.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got to get this out of the way, Tron: Uprising is fucking awesome. The writing is great since they're "computer programs" it can somehow dwell into darker territory for a kids cartoon with them dying since they break into cubes and the animation is fantastic. It's rare when I can say a cartoon has amazing action choreography, but this one does. I Really hope it gets another season.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'll definitely check it out this weekend.

I signed up for Hulu multiple times because they have an extensive collection of Criterion movies available, the TV Shows were just a little bit of icing for me. I also known my Uncle subscribed because of their Criterion access as well. It's really worth 8 dollars a month just for that, if you are into those type of movies/collections.

I'm considering dropping Netflix to save some money, and going solely with Amazon Prime. For one thing they still have spongebob, which my kids watch and is as a result probably 90% of our (former) Netflix watching. So now we are using Amazon way more than netflix. I will miss out on the Netflix originals and some other stuff, but we are a bit tight on money since having to buy a new car. But I'm not sure. Netflix has a lot of movies I'm interested in. I need to check and see if they are on AP as well.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm considering dropping Netflix to save some money, and going solely with Amazon Prime. For one thing they still have spongebob, which my kids watch and is as a result probably 90% of our (former) Netflix watching. So now we are using Amazon way more than netflix. I will miss out on the Netflix originals and some other stuff, but we are a bit tight on money since having to buy a new car. But I'm not sure. Netflix has a lot of movies I'm interested in. I need to check and see if they are on AP as well.[/QUOTE]

AP's selection definitely isn't as good as Netflix's, but still pretty decent.

Personally I have Netflix disc service for Blurays, and just use Amazon Prime for streaming since I already have that service for the shipping.

I don't watch enough streaming to pay for it as I mainly watch newer release movies these days--and thus need the disc service. And AP is a nice fill in when I'm between rentals, don't feel like watching something I own (or I'm at my girlfriend's place) etc. If I was watching more streaming I'd probably splurge on Netflix for the better movie selection though.

I'm in the same boat.

Since Netflix lost their Viacomm contract a week ago, all of their Nickeloden shows are gone. Which are primarily what the kids used netflix for anyway. They added Disney/Disney Jr but that doesnt quite make up for not having any Backyardigans, Yo Gabba Gabba, Wonder Pets, etc...

Does Hulu carry Nickeloden/Nick Jr? If not, we'll just have to pay the extra $ to upgrade from our Amazon Student Prime to full Amazon video streaming Prime.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm in the same boat.

Since Netflix lost their Viacomm contract a week ago, all of their Nickeloden shows are gone. Which are primarily what the kids used netflix for anyway. They added Disney/Disney Jr but that doesnt quite make up for not having any Backyardigans, Yo Gabba Gabba, Wonder Pets, etc...

Does Hulu carry Nickeloden/Nick Jr? If not, we'll just have to pay the extra $ to upgrade from our Amazon Student Prime to full Amazon video streaming Prime.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. Netflix didn't renew with Viacom? My son is going to is disappointed. No more Blues Clues. Time to start using AP I suppose.

The documentary "How to Die in Oregon" is up. Fantastic look at the doctor assisted suicide program here, and follows terminal cancer patients as they weigh the alternatives. Directed by my boss's brother too which is pretty cool, but that aside, really an incredible, award-winning movie. Highly recommended.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to watching more Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I noticed it takes a long time to load a Netflix video through the PS3 and XBox 360 than if I used Netflix on my laptop. Do you guys have any recommendations on how to speed things up?

Did Netflix change the way subtitles are displayed?

They used to be large and yellow towards the bottom of the screen but for some reason today I get on and everything has white subtitles that move around on the screen and is much harder for me to read. They also seem to word wrap on the screen after about 4 words in a sentence and varies between all caps and not.

I can't find anything about it via googling. If anyone could let me know what's up or tell me how to get the previous type of subtitles back i would greatly appreciate it as it makes it a lot easier for me to watch.

Netflix streaming is so bad, it's like they looked at each actor/director and picked out the absolute worst movies they made. I thought they would at least have a decent selection of old movies. Nope. Then you think maybe they'll add something good later, but they almost never add anything. It's the same crappy movies all the time! I can't believe anybody pays for this at all, let alone for years.

Enjoying "Orange is the New Black" Netflix original series. I'm a few episodes in so far, and I have to admit its funny, and even got the girl from that 70's show (Donna)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to watching Arrested Development Season 4. It was awesome! So much better than any one movie could have been. Makes me want to go back and watch S1-3 all over again since it's been a few years.

Just think if Firefly got a full 14 or so more episodes instead of Serenity, the possibilities.

I heard a lot of criticism for Arrested Development S4, can't remember who, but they must have not been fans of the original. I loved the way the season was setup. I do not watch shows once a week on some bogus TV schedule, and haven't for years. I watch them in a row, as I please, over a few days/week. So I love when everything is connected in some way.

I've enjoyed the few episodes of orange is the new black that I've seen. A bit over the top, though, which is odd since it's apparently based on a true story.

I tried desperately to get into the new season of Arrested Development and just couldn't. I've never found it entertaining. The old matriarch and will arnett are mildly funny, but everyone else bores me to death. Sucks because I normally like that sort of comedy. Oh well.

bread's done
Back