Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='Scorch']GI Joe, Jem and the Holograms and Transformers.. 80s cartoon day apparently![/QUOTE]

about damn time still hoping they pick up more saturday morning cartoons and 80s kids shows.

so why is only 10 episodes of GiI Joe available for instant streaming? Even though it shows 65 episodes, but everyone is unavialable after episode 10?

TV Guide Magazine confirms that Netflix has approached CBS about reviving cult fave Jericho — and the network, through its CBS TV Studios production arm, is considering it. The drama, which followed the residents of a small Kansas town in the wake of a nuclear attack, has been off the air since 2008.

Repeats of Jericho remain popular on Netflix's on-demand service, even four years after the show's cancellation. Insiders say Netflix execs would love to emulate the revival of Fox's Arrested Development, which is expected to return on Netflix with new episodes in 2013, seven years after the show ended its run. Like Arrested fans, Jericho's are a passionate bunch: CBS renewed the post-apocalyptic show for a second season in 2007 after viewers bombarded the network with cases of peanuts.

Talks are still in preliminary stages, and insiders warn that it's too soon to celebrate, as there are still many hurdles to overcome before a deal is struck. Making it financially viable for both Netflix and CBS may be the biggest challenge of them all. It's unclear how much more original programming makes sense for Netflix, which is already committed to two seasons of the original Kevin Spacey drama House of Cards (from David Fincher) in addition to Arrested. Also, due to concerns over its subscriber levels, Netflix has seen its share price drop more than 25 percent in the past month.

Well, this came out of nowhere. I loved the show, so I hope they do bring it back.

[quote name='Poor2More']so why is only 10 episodes of GiI Joe available for instant streaming? Even though it shows 65 episodes, but everyone is unavialable after episode 10?[/QUOTE]

Seriously!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I have yet to see anything new lately, anybody else? (besides the 80's cartoons)[/QUOTE]

theres alot of videos of rock and roll bands up.

[quote name='lokizz']theres alot of videos of rock and roll bands up.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I just watched a little documentary about Number of the Beast (1982 album by Iron Maiden) last night. And one about the black album (Metallica) is in my queue.

515Ra0NHIkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It looks like the PS3 app is starting the change to be more like the Xbox 360 app, as that screen you get when you complete an episode encouraging you to start the next has been added. The whole auto-play thing isn't a part of this change.

I don't mind that change. I also noticed on PS3 they stopped forcing you to choose regular Netflix or Kid's Netflix on start, which is nice.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like the PS3 app is starting the change to be more like the Xbox 360 app, as that screen you get when you complete an episode encouraging you to start the next has been added. The whole auto-play thing isn't a part of this change.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully the auto-play option got squashed. That is such an annoyance on non-linear programs.

[quote name='Clak']Anyone else ever watch Lilyhammer? I love this show.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did. Pretty quirky but entertaining.

I've been looking for some more obscure films/foreign material on netflix but I am starting to feel like I've tapped it out.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yeah I did. Pretty quirky but entertaining.

I've been looking for some more obscure films/foreign material on netflix but I am starting to feel like I've tapped it out.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Dogtooth yet? It's pretty great. Very strange, and very, very darkly comic. I recommend it, but it's probably not for everyone.

[quote name='Backlash']Yep. I just watched a little documentary about Number of the Beast (1982 album by Iron Maiden) last night. [/QUOTE]

A co-worker recommended this one to me, too. Need to check it out. And peruse any other rockumentaries. The Opeth dvd will never be removed from my queue.

[quote name='shieryda']A co-worker recommended this one to me, too. Need to check it out. And peruse any other rockumentaries. The Opeth dvd will never be removed from my queue.[/QUOTE]

Can't find Opeth, but would like to say its great to see all the new music documentaries added as of late. If there are any Nirvana fans out there watch Kurt and Courtny, I don't believe Kurt Cobain killed himself.

I enjoyed Chasing Ghosts quite a bit, but Special When Lit couldn't hold my attention. I just couldn't get into it; I didn't think it was very well done.

[quote name='Backlash']I enjoyed Chasing Ghosts quite a bit, but Special When Lit couldn't hold my attention. I just couldn't get into it; I didn't think it was very well done.[/QUOTE]

I've only seen Special When Lit - I really liked it but I've always been fascinated by pinball.

I thought the stable family guy with the mustache made the most sense, the rest of the movie was full of loons.

[quote name='dothog']I really like that opening sequence in Drive.

And then I'm done. As a 5 minute short, it is an awesome flick.[/QUOTE]

As i said in the movie thread, I'm gonna put you on ignore so I never check out any of your movie recommendations. Thanks for totally backing up my stance here.

I'm coming up on the last episode of firefly and I can't believe this show wasn't given a chance by audiences when it first aired. A solid show, and it's bumming me out that it will just kind of stop.

Also, if you like martial arts then you should watch Ip Man and Ip Man 2, if you don't like martial arts then you should watch Ip Man and Ip Man 2.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I'm coming up on the last episode of firefly and I can't believe this show wasn't given a chance by audiences when it first aired. A solid show, and it's bumming me out that it will just kind of stop.[/QUOTE]

Fox fucked it over pretty badly. They aired episodes out of order (the pilot wasn't shown first), and they moved it around into different (worse) time slots mid-season.

Didn't like Drive that much. Just couldn't get into it. How ever, more of my childhood is back since they added Beastwars:Transformers! Now if only Freakylinks came out on dvd or to streaming!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Didn't like Drive that much. Just couldn't get into it. How ever, more of my childhood is back since they added Beastwars:Transformers! Now if only Freakylinks came out on dvd or to streaming![/QUOTE]
Oh my god, Freakylinks. You just struck a nostalgic cord right there! I used to watch this show with my mom all the time because I was too scared to watch it by myself. Amazing show.

I thought Drive was well done. Something a little different, for sure. The ultra long pauses in some scenes I could have done without.

My fiancé hated it, mostly because she didn't understand some of it. She's also blonde though. (no offense, smart blonde people)

I liked Drive. It was just hyped too much from being on everybody's "top 3" lists for movies that year. I think some of the violence just got too comical and unrealistic.

I got done watching it and was like "Yeah, so that's it?" but could appreciate it just because it wasn't so formulaic.

[quote name='Stimes']Firefly was great, yeah it sucks there's only one season Serinity wasn't bad, would be cool if they made another movie.[/QUOTE]

The silver lining is that Serenity really tied it off well. Even without Serenity, the last episode of Firefly kinda had some closure that you could get out of it, as if they were prepared for it being cancelled. Wasn't like Deadwood, where you were like WHATTHEfuckITSOVER!?!?

But yeah, Nathon Fillion for Nathan Drake. I've been hearing this rumor that he might have actually been cast, but isn't able to announce it. I would think with Castle pulling off a miracle and still being on the air, he'd have enough cred now for people to look past his short resume.

bread's done
Back