Apocalypse Now
Fallen
Misery
Changing Lanes
Whats Eating Gilbert Grape
The Patriot
Natural Born Killers

[quote name='perdition(troy']Dude's looking pretty old lately =\[/QUOTE]

and fat, not to mention his face and neck is starting to sag a bit. Would've been perfect for Drake during his Firefly days.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet...
But they just added the 15th season of South Park to Netflix's Instant Streaming. :) Not one of my favorite seasons at all, but it definitely has a few gems of episodes, most notably "A History Channel Thanksgiving."

Trying out something with latest updates (pics).. yay/nay?

Coming soon updated - Battle Royale 1 and 2 coming 6/20, Transformers DotM coming 6/30

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Battle Royale 2 is a weird/crazy way to go from the first movie.[/QUOTE]
Apparently in the alternative universe Japanese future they have an anti-bombing the shit out of where you know your enemies are policy to end it quickly.

Pretty sure that's been on there for a while. My girlfriend and I tried to watch the first episode a couple months ago but it just wasn't funny. We think his stand up is hilarious, but the show didn't do it for us.

[quote name='blindinglights']Pretty sure that's been on there for a while. My girlfriend and I tried to watch the first episode a couple months ago but it just wasn't funny. We think his stand up is hilarious, but the show didn't do it for us.[/QUOTE]

I kind of feel like it's hit or miss. The majority of season 1 is miss but season 2 got much better.

[quote name='Scorch']Trying out something with latest updates (pics).. yay/nay?[/QUOTE]

I think just the titles are ok. You do enough work keeping the thread updated without having to do any extra. :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Unless it's just me, the PS3 app has started automatically continuing to the next episodes for TV shows.[/QUOTE]

Finally!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Unless it's just me, the PS3 app has started automatically continuing to the next episodes for TV shows.[/QUOTE]

Both the Xbox and PS3 apps do it now.

Going forward, I will be using the image/link combination. I think it looks better. Updated latest updates, added pics to recent additions.

[quote name='DestroVega']Both the Xbox and PS3 apps do it now.[/QUOTE]

Must be yours cause I have to go to the next episode for it to play. No automatic play on mine.

And before anyone says "the links in the coming soon section are broken!!!"...

That's why it says "coming soon". When the date rolls around, the link will work.

[quote name='Scorch']Going forward, I will be using the image/link combination. I think it looks better. Updated latest updates, added pics to recent additions.[/QUOTE]

I liked the text layout, hated the text/image combination, and love the current layout.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']For a few months now. Great show but SyFy fucked up airing this show and got it cancelled. SyFy blows as a channel now since they changed from SciFi.
http://www.capricatimes.com/what-syfy-isnt-telling-you-about-caprica
http://capricatimes.com/images/capricatimeline.jpg[/QUOTE]

So far, I am enjoying the show, but it does have some major flaws that BSG didn't have. I think the show tries to do too much, for example, the show appears to be more about the Graystones than anybody else. All the stuff with the Adamas just seems like filler within each episode that could easily be excluded.

Fans of BSG didn't like it, cause it rewrote the past. Non-fans didn't like it, cause it was mediocre. I thought it was just slow, but the casting was great.

They don't add recent TV shows until after they've been out at least 30 days on DVD.. so you're looking at early October at the earliest, right around when season 3 will be starting

[quote name='GhostShark']So far, I am enjoying the show, but it does have some major flaws that BSG didn't have. I think the show tries to do too much, for example, the show appears to be more about the Graystones than anybody else. All the stuff with the Adamas just seems like filler within each episode that could easily be excluded.[/QUOTE]

I was a fan of BSG, and I felt like I gave Caprica a pretty even break. I didn't expect it to be BSG, and I didn't care if they referred to "canon" at all. I just wanted an intelligent, interesting TV show, and they didn't have that for a whole bunch of reasons.

The biggest point is the one you raised: they never connected the Greystones and Adamas. Ever. Nor did they give us much of a reason to be interested in either family (IMO, I realize that may be a contentious point).

Furthermore, the tone of the show was shrill in a hand-wringing, teen anxiety kind of way. Maybe that came out of wanting to promote the show using Zoe, but it didn't work. To me, the uneven, harried tone made other things hard to follow, like the religion. Ugh, the religion.

And there's the larger thematic disappointment that isn't exactly about "respecting" the BSG canon, or wanting the show to be more BSG-like. It's just the desire to see something of The Cycle in all this, to see a sliver of that show up in Caprica. Maybe it was there, but it wasn't much.

Overall, not a good show. Sorry to say it, but it wasn't good. SciFi gave them a fair shot, I thought: the show looked like they had a decent budget, and they had a decent cast. And the writers/producers weren't anything to sneeze at, I just think they needed more time to figure out what the hell they wanted to do, and instead of thinking it through, they just started shooting episodes so they could release with some of the BSG finale momentum still around.

I certainly don't think less of the people involved because of Caprica, I just think they needed a plan and didn't have one.

[quote name='dothog']I certainly don't think less of the people involved because of Caprica, I just think they needed a plan and didn't have one.[/QUOTE]

Oh I hope that irony was on purpose! (BSG's movie "The Plan" =
they didn't have a plan
)

Anyway, I was a big fan of BSG remake. It was a big hit with a bad ending just like Lost. All the fans either hated it or loved it. They needed to get Caprica out there fast so both sides would take a chance.

The delays on airing it were very terrible, and this is the type of show you need to watch one episode after another. Sure the plot was convoluted, but they needed to add new characters into a pre-set older past and make them connect somehow. That's not an easy job. As for "cannon" BSG itself was far from cannon to old BSG or even itself
angels?!
. I forgive that, but Caprica isn't the same type of show as BSG was. It's more of a SciFi drama, not Scifi action.

If you watch the ending of Caprica
it will make a little more sense how Will Adama fits in, because he dies, and they name their next son Will/Bill too, after his brother
so they started to make a few things back to cannon, while still carrying on about how all the religions are in conflict and start this whole war in the first place.
Cylons being created and forming their own religion based off the STO

So in short, I do agree there are major problems with Caprica, I do not agree that SyFy gave it a fair chance. Look at http://capricatimes.com/images/capricatimeline.jpg and it is very clear that SyFy screwed it up with bad times, moving times, and waiting 100-200+ days between episodes

See, I felt BSG was more of a drama than Caprica. I can't figure out what Caprica is trying to be after 13 episodes, I can barely take it anymore. There really is no plan here, and way too many characters. The only characters I really enjoy are Daniel Graystone and Sam Adama, and Sam has become very underutilized in the recent episodes.

[quote name='lokizz']they need to get the rest of Sherlock i watched the 3 episodes they had and loved it now i want more dammit.[/QUOTE]
There is only 3 more episodes, and that is for the second season. Yeah, weep.

damn thats fucked up. its an amazing show why keep limiting it to 3 episodes? damn brits always toying with my emttions first outcasts then that plague one they never finished.

Scorch, how come the Gumby show isn't up in the new releases?!

Anyways, I can't wait for Immortals and netflix stepped it up for me with both Battle Royales.

You're not the only one that has the autoplay feature. While its nice and I had been waiting for them to finally implement it, its fucking annoying. Reason being is that it cuts off the first min or so of a show. If it didn't do that, everything would be peachy. And so far, I can't find a way to turn it off

Top Boy is worth a watch though i doubt itll go past the first season , fuckin brits are weird about continuing series, its an awesome show.

I saw Goon a while ago. I couldn't tell you the first thing about hockey, and I'm not a fan of sports or romance movies. I still liked it.

bread's done
Back